Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Holding Onto Your Virginity an Issue      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 76
Holding Onto Your Virginity an IssuePage 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Hubcap:

http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warriorshtm/archivist.htm
 Maleman999
Msg: 77
Holding Onto Your Virginity an Issue
Posted: 11/8/2016 8:11:04 AM

The highest sexual satisfaction is married couples who waited for marriage.

You know this for a fact-how? Are there any studies to back up this claim-accurate and non-religious studies? What about couples who have had sex, but not with each other, before marriage? Or do they have to be virgins as well, to have the highest sexual satisfaction? It's easy to make claims about highest sexual satisfaction if it's the ONLY sex they've ever had. It's just as accurate to say it's the WORST sexual satisfaction they've ever had. It's the best and worse at the same time-when there's nothing else to compare it to. It's like someone eating food item XYZ for the very first time, and saying it's the best XYZ they've ever had, or it's the worst they've ever had. Both statements are correct.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/8/2016 8:33:09 AM
I wouldn't marry someone without having sex with them first.
What if they suck at it? What if they don't like the same things
you do, or you don't like what they do or how they do it? How do
you know they'll be willing to change or that you'll be willing to
change your expectations...what happens if you end up with bad
sex for the rest of your life?

I'd also have sex before making wedding plans.
Would be a bummer to have to cancel and return all the gifts.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/8/2016 8:47:16 AM
I shudder to think of an arranged marriage where NOT ONLY would there be no physical attraction but ALSO no sexual chemistry.

BRRRRRRRR !
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/8/2016 9:19:12 AM

I was a virgin at the age of 32 and that's what I wanted.

On top of that I was giving couples advice how to have better sex.

Who the f@#$ takes advice on better sex from a 32 year old virgin?

Even with birth control like condoms, the pill, etc there is no guarantee she won't get pregnant. it is the dumbest thing you can do for a guy if you get a woman pregnant especially if she makes less than you because you're on the hook for child support.

You dumb ass, if you make a baby with someone you pay child support no matter who earns more. And, what about STD's? That's a bigger concern for people having casual sex than pregnancy is!

The only woman i had sex with had her tubes tied so I wasn't worried and it didn't last too long anyways.
How do you know that her tubes were tied? Because she told you? Its not like they issue women a card when we have our tubes tied. Always protect yourself! "It didn't last long"... you realize that is not a selling point, right? Quick is not better when it comes to sex! LOL

That's why women end up having many partners.
WTF? I don't think its just women having multiple partners. Pretty sure that is a two way street! Takes two to tango baby!
 jokinjillofalltrades
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/8/2016 10:24:50 AM
waiting till marriage.org ... or if you believe God has someone for you then keep praying that He will bring someone to you. you probably want to find someone who has been waiting as well, otherwise you'll get with (start dating) the guys and they will get sick of waiting even though they think it seems fine to date you at first.
 jokinjillofalltrades
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/8/2016 10:26:26 AM
you also might want to stop cussing out people who are just making dirty jokes at you too. guys don't want a woman who's a hot head and flying off the handle all the time and easily pissed. they want someone calm.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/8/2016 10:29:55 AM

if you believe God has someone for you then keep praying that He will bring someone to you

One of my favorite Chinese Proverbs comes to mind:
Pray to God, but keep rowing toward the shore.
 Walts
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/8/2016 11:02:29 AM

guys don't want a woman who's a hot head and flying off the handle all the time and easily pissed. they want someone calm.

I knew there was a reason I have been single for so phucking long!!!!!!

Now, I can sip in peace.

Finally.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/8/2016 11:16:17 AM
"guys don't want a woman who's a hot head and flying off the handle all the time and easily pissed. they want someone calm."

If you're talking about OUTSIDE the bedroom, then I agree
 inspired2dream
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2016 1:14:23 PM
I've got a brand new (29 year old) pair of roller skates, you've got a brand new key (that has been polished vigorously for many years).
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/8/2016 1:32:09 PM

you also might want to stop cussing out people who are just making dirty jokes at you too. guys don't want a woman who's a hot head and flying off the handle all the time and easily pissed. they want someone calm.

I highly doubt she cares how she comes off to disrespectful guys she's not interested in. this can apply to anyone.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/8/2016 4:05:34 PM

Why can't no man wait it out, to have sex, on marriage night, during the honeymoon when your suppose to do it. Everyone tells me being a virgin is great and that special guy will come along, but honestly I don't think that's ever going to happen.

You're probably right, because an "old cherry" doesn't get any sweeter as time goes on. It just gets wrinkled.

In other words, if you save it for too long, no man is going to want it, anyway.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/8/2016 4:41:16 PM
You may hold onto your virginity as long as you want. More power to you. However do not accept a man to take you out and pay for you as you walk away. If you want to keep your virginty till marrige you better think of a very good plan to keep a man.
 Jo van
Msg: 90
Posted: 11/9/2016 10:26:35 AM
Well, there's some great advice in this thread.

I wouldn't marry someone without having sex with them first.
What if they suck at it?

I think that still "counts".
Bill Clinton, and some women i know, disagree.

I'd also have sex before making wedding plans.

Good call.
Hell, I'd have it, before the first date.
No point in wasting time.

Two important things I'd like to say, that I haven't heard mentioned so far:
1/. You'll still technically, be a "virgin", if you only have anal sex.
Many "priests" favour this method.

2/. Being a "virgin" won't necessarily stop you from getting pregnant.
Apparently, "god" could still get you knocked-up.

Just sayin.
Carry on
 Maleman999
Msg: 91
Posted: 11/9/2016 10:32:49 AM

If you want to keep your virginty till marrige you better think of a very good plan to keep a man.

Agree. It seems, in at least the OP's case, to be all about "What can you provide me with, since I expect to pay for nothing." What is she offering to any potential mate, other than the opportunity to have sex after marriage? There's a name of a profession for people who will exchange money and/or things of monetary value for sex.
 Coma_White
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2016 10:49:27 PM
Crazy is as crazy does.
 IgottaName
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/11/2016 6:49:47 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfRtkCGE40A
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/11/2016 7:31:03 PM

Holding Onto Your Virginity

Kind of conjures up an awkward, funny picture, when you think of it.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 95
Posted: 11/11/2016 9:51:47 PM

Holding Onto Your Virginity

Kind of conjures up an awkward, funny picture, when you think of it.

Now we know why someone isn't allowed to drive.
 gtomustang
Msg: 96
Holding Onto Your Virginity and a Tissue
Posted: 11/12/2016 2:05:56 PM
she isn't? I thought she was driving Halfdad's nuts? Maybe there was a typo in the "send all" email.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 97
Posted: 11/13/2016 2:02:31 PM
"Why can't no man wait it out, to have sex, on marriage night, during the honeymoon when your suppose to do it."

Even the Catholics I knew never held themselves to that. Why? You know why. You aren't dumb, but ask these nonsensical questions--Why can't people be who I want them to be? It duh, does not work like that, and you know that already.

Face reality, you have the Amish, the Mennonites, virgins, religious and those from sexist cultures, who want a technical virgin+no kids(the latter is usually not part of the pkg.)

So, you are stuck, and may be alone forever, unless you adapt. I am not saying you should. Those are the only options. I accept my lot, whatever it is. I just say yes/no according to my values, and accept the results.

I am not big on rushing intimacy or engaging in unnecessary situations with people that end up beings cretins, but even I would not "wait" for marriage. Marriage is not some wonderland. It's just an extension of what you had before. If anything, stress is added and it's harder. I would not even be for it, unless we were together a very long time.

" Everyone tells me being a virgin is great and that special guy will come along, but honestly I don't think that's ever going to happen."

Unless you are willing... to pick from that small pool of virgins and outliers, it won't.

So, then, do you have a plan for life with no partner, because GASP, that may happen. It happens to many men and women, and it is not the end of the world.
 Coma_White
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2016 3:45:28 AM
That's me in the corner. That's me in the spot light holding my virginity.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 99
Posted: 11/14/2016 5:22:17 AM
^^^ and now that song playing in my head all day.
I asked the young woman does my hair why all her friends getting wed so young ( she had a summer of weddings and she's only 21)
Witnesses. No sex before marriage. But I wondered if that is more lip service. Not a sexual pun either.
 prime ribb
Msg: 100
Posted: 11/14/2016 6:46:15 AM
Holding onto your virginity? All I have to say to that is good luck finding a guy who wants to wait until marriage. You may have to go to one of those foreign countries and find an eighteen year old who never popped a cherry. We are in 2016 getting ready to approach 2017 and finding a person like that is extremely rare. Maybe you might run into a former monk who left the monastery or guy who left the priesthood.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Holding Onto Your Virginity an Issue