Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Holding Onto Your Virginity an Issue      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 176
having a dill of a timePage 8 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I was referring to Penny's post :)
My Grandma made wonderful pickles miss them
In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 ndm147
Msg: 177
having a dill of a time
Posted: 12/3/2016 5:41:13 PM
Wonderful Saturday night entertainment! I must have missed the beginning of this so have to go back and reread this.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 178
view profile
History
The Pickle Jar Bluez
Posted: 12/3/2016 11:23:35 PM

And THIS is why I stick around to read the forums.

Currently in the middle of moving house, and only one of them has internet aka forum access - thanx for making a $h!ttĀµ job bearable...
and I think I'm down to back yard eggs and pickles in 'this' house...
 sun___flower
Msg: 179
view profile
History
The Pickle Jar Bluez
Posted: 12/4/2016 9:07:47 AM
BCC
The op asked me to pass on a msg to y'all :

I NEVER EVER EVER HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH A TOPIC ABOUT PICKLE JARS !!!!!!!!!

SO THERE !

gtomustang
Msg: 180
show they're pickled tink
Posted: 12/4/2016 11:00:25 AM
moving house? is that as much fun as playing house?

meanwhile, back at the ranch....if BCC got an MSG from the OP, is that on the QT...or are they RSVPing b/c they are a couple? did I miss something along with the pickle jars and derriere photos? meanwhile, back at the train station, I had to look up where "in a pickle" came from:

The earliest pickles were spicy sauces made to accompany meat dishes. Later, in the 16th century, the name pickle was also given to a mixture of spiced, salted vinegar that was used as a preservative. The word comes from the Dutch or Low German pekel, with the meaning of 'something piquant'. Later still, in the 17th century, the vegetables that were preserved, for example cucumbers and gherkins, also came to be called pickles.
The 'in trouble' meaning of 'in a pickle' was an allusion to being as disoriented and mixed up as the stewed vegetables that made up pickles. This was partway to being a literal allusion, as fanciful stories of the day related to hapless people who found themselves on the menu. The earliest known use of pickle in English contains such an citation. The Morte Arthure, circa 1440, relates the gory imagined ingredients of King Arthur's diet:
He soupes all this sesoun with seuen knaue childre, Choppid in a chargour of chalke-whytt syluer, With pekill & powdyre of precious spycez.
[He dines all season on seven rascal children, chopped, in a bowl of white silver, with pickle and precious spices]
The figurative version of the phrase, meaning simply 'in a fix' or, in the almost identical 19th century phrase 'in a stew', arrives during the next century. Thomas Tusser's Five Hundreth Pointes of Good Husbandrie, 1573, contains this useful advice:
Reape barlie with sickle, that lies in ill pickle.
Presumably, barley that wasn't in ill pickle, that is, the corn that was standing up straight, would be cut with the larger and more efficient scythe.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 181
show they're pickled tink
Posted: 12/5/2016 4:42:32 PM
I didn't realize you didn't live alone Henry, why else use a hot sheets motel? aka no tell Motel
I doubt the linen clean, take a black light next time to check :P

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

norwegianguy456
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Keep it in the poop jar.
Posted: 12/5/2016 6:48:03 PM

Have people been eating fermented pickles? How did the thread go from virginity to pickles?

Well, the whole "like throwing a pickle down a hallway" to describe someone's pickle jar being too big -- or a guy having the bluez about not being able to find a jar to store his pickle.

Of course, he could always go for the poop jar, and maintain his virginity -- although that's like calling an in-field home run not a home run. It is, but it isn't... it isn't, but it is. Life can get complicated.
 basilisk123
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Keep it in the poop jar.
Posted: 12/5/2016 7:28:22 PM
Personally, putting a pickle in any jar makes the jar owner not a virgin. If you are truly a virgin, you must have all jars that still have that manufacturer seal still on. I never put my pickle in the in a woman's back jar before, but I would like to try it once or twice eventually.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 185
Keep it in the poop jar.
Posted: 12/5/2016 9:30:42 PM
I feel that everyone should just say whatever comes into their heads.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 186
Speaking of things in jars
Posted: 12/6/2016 4:52:04 AM
aw NG.. I have always heard " throwing a banana down a hallway"
So sorry :p
Why aren't there pickle barrels any more?
Thanks Baby I will - as a child my parents around this festive time would buy pickled pigs feet. I know. Scream and scream again. I made them wrap the jar but still, they were there.
And these awful herring hunks.
I swear they stole me from the wolves
 Lordbenji
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Keep it in the poop jar.
Posted: 12/6/2016 12:27:38 PM
So I guess it's like wanting to buy are new Car vs a Re-Re-Use Car from 1990?
As for "you must have all jars that still have that manufacturer seal still on" God I'm dying here
what with pickles and jars,
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 188
Keep it in the poop jar.
Posted: 12/6/2016 1:51:18 PM
It's like free association of the collective unconscious.

FYI pigs don't have feet. But they'd look super funny if they did.
 Lordbenji
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Keep it in the poop jar.
Posted: 12/6/2016 1:56:30 PM
So don't throw pearls before swine :)
or should I say don't throw "pickles" before swine :)

(Update:)
"Pickled Pig's Feet" I see that in the store all the time my sister use to make jokes about that. :) I was just adding to the past Pickle pages 6-8?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 190
Keep it in the poop jar.
Posted: 12/6/2016 2:00:25 PM
You don;t get around Baby= they are indeed called that
Pickled Pig's Feet II Recipe - Allrecipes.com
idk, maybe its the term of endearment you use for 1/2? LOL
Google and be amazed
Freaking tons of recipes!
Sweet baby yee there is the haunting jar. Hormel
Pickled pigs feet is a type of pork associated with Cuisine of the Southern United States, Chinese, and Scandinavian cuisine. The feet of hogs are typically salted and smoked in the same manner as other pork cuts, such as hams and bacon. Wikipedia

gtomustang
Msg: 191
Pickle Me Elmo
Posted: 12/6/2016 2:22:02 PM
Awful herring hunks? I didn't that many hot guys were deaf. Reminds me of the old man who said long marriages were due to hearing aids that could be turned off.

I'm surprised that if pickled pigs feet is so desired a taste, why not pickled bacon or ham slices or pickled SPAM? Or do pigs feet not taste like ham? Maybe they taste like chicken instead.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Pickle Me Elmo
Posted: 12/6/2016 5:50:19 PM

I'm surprised that if pickled pigs feet is so desired a taste, why not pickled bacon

There is Pickled Bacon.... If you were making New Orleans style Red Beans and Rice...
You would use Pickled Bacon, when making the Red Beans......

Alton Brown covered making Pickled Bacon on His show Good Eats...
It was the Episode on making Red Beans and Rice.....
 Ed Bear
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Holding Onto Your Virginity an Issue
Posted: 12/6/2016 5:54:05 PM
Whoops... sorry, Charles Schultz.

I'm getting old and it was getting late.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
ED BEAR
 Ed Bear
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2016 6:01:38 PM
I offer two keys to opening a tight one:

1. Use motorcycle gloves. They grip well and protect your skin from painful stretching and twisting.

2. Apply a hair dryer to the metal lid, which will enlarge it slightly. Hot water is the traditional way of doing this, but it's harder and messier if the jar is wet.

3. If all else fails, use one of those cam-and-strap oil filter removers. But I haven't personally been defeated while wielding hair dryer and motorcycle gloves.

Leaving a jar virginal for too long will create a scientific experiment.
ED BEAR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 195
Posted: 12/7/2016 5:22:57 AM
LordB - I was addressing WhatsthematterBaby LOL, not calling you Baby :) I'd call you Babe, ( refuse to use Bae or Boo)
Pickled bacon sounds good.
I think people have always had sex without the confines of marriage and will continue to do so.
I read an interesting article of how prostitutes really settled the West in the 1800s. Built the towns.
 gtomustang
Msg: 196
Pickle Me Elmo
Posted: 12/7/2016 9:01:38 AM
Thanks, I should have guessed there's such a thing as pickled bacon, I've had candied bacon and chocolate covered bacon at a BBQ contest. Maybe everything's been tried with bacon--its just chocolate for men, anyway.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2016 12:09:05 PM

aw NG.. I have always heard " throwing a banana down a hallway"
So sorry :p

I've always heard "pickle" as "pickle" has always been in reference to a guy's 'parts' in humor. "Pickle" down a hallway sounds better from a syllable perspective... and the focus is obviously not on how big said banana or pickle is, as that's moot -- it's that it's a freaking Hallway. :)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 198
Posted: 12/7/2016 1:01:33 PM
suuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrre Pickleboy
Hey he could be a super hero.. all in green ( nope done) able to cloud mens mind with brine ( nope done) It will come to me

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread
 gtomustang
Msg: 199
Posted: 12/7/2016 1:22:08 PM
well, the Shadow wasn't green, so it wasn't that. And I don't think Green Lantern clouded minds.

(have to say, the Shadow movie with Baldwin wasn't as bad as one might think, since the original Shadow was pretty campy. Unlike the Spirit, which was a great old comic and had a really bad movie made of it)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2016 1:51:02 PM
Yes, pickles are so small... ;)

http://s420.photobucket.com/user/datinggame/media/big_pickle.jpg.html
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Holding Onto Your Virginity an Issue