Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How do I get from the dating part of the site to the forums and vice      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hearton64
Msg: 23
view profile
History
How do I get from the dating part of the site to the forums and vice versaPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I recall when our posts were attached to our profiles!!!

Such a shame they stopped that especially in some
very odd cases!

But then again I've been around here on and off
(banned for my deep and disturbing thoughts)
Since 2008!

Anyone been here longer than me?
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 24
How do I get from the dating part of the site to the forums and vice versa
Posted: 11/16/2016 1:16:31 PM

We're just a bunch of elderly shut ins here. It's only exclusive because nobody knows we're here nor wants to join us.

LOL SOOOO TRUE

If POF put a link to the forum on the actual dating site there would be TONS of more traffic, they should also not have a constant log in require to post, its a total bummer. Also, whats up with all the constant editing out of curse words? We are all adults here, who the hell after 18 gets their undies in a bunch over the occasional f word besides the religious nutter with no sense of humor who most likely needs to be told off anyways?

And the moderation games of kicking people without notice, the constant shutting down and redirecting of threads, the lack of diversity of thread topics. Its just weird. This forum, because of it's traffic, has a LOT of potential to generate some real income for their venture if they put in someone who babied this forum and grew it in the right direction...
 purplerider1200
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2016 3:45:42 PM
I'd rather stand here and shake my fist at people.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2016 11:12:23 AM

This site has been purchased and I gather that the new owners are not interested in promoting the forums.... the forums will probably die out like they did at OK Stupid (they own that one too).

Long before POF was bought out, was the link to the Forums taken away from the main site. I don't think it has anything to do with any selling of the company. I think POF wasn't a big fan of the forums back in the day when it was bustling, with all the complaints and shenanigans and such -- without ads shown, so no revenue (although they could put them in, but POF has never been ambitious in site changes in it's history)... and wanted to try and keep it as a platform for Events as it's main purpose. So getting rid of the link on the site keeps the forum activity on the down-low.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2016 12:08:24 PM
I've been here off and on since 2007. The forums were once accessible from the menu at the top of the page. They used to have your last five forum posts on your profile.
About 6 years ago the forums were removed from the menu. Marcus found some posters to be hostile and discouraged the use of the forums by removing it from the main menu. There was talk at that time among users that the forums would be nuked but we are still here.
There was a clique and a lot of bad information from people co-signing each others bull shit and some cyber bullies that ruined it for people who are closeted Abigails who really like to give advice.
Some were mental gurus and had their following. There were moderators who took the job way to seriously. There was a forum link to report people and users would get banned for a set period of time against their transgressions at the whim of the moderator. We had a few that were power hungry and would ban certain people that had offended them. I had a friend here that was banned until the year 2022 ... Now I wonder if the forums or POF will even be here in 2022..
You can always access the forums on Google or create a bookmark on your device. Welcome to the forums. Have fun.
 Dili_gent
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2016 12:07:16 PM
The previous owners kept a vigilant watch over the forums and did a really good job of policing the goofballs. But eventually they tired of the process and said they were going to take down the forums permanently. Enough people complained that they returned after a couple of weeks, but left the policing to others. It's a big job to keep everyone in line. The previous owners kind of washed their hands of the forums. That's why there is a couple of posts from the kid complaining about the "ugly" girls at the top of his pages. It will take awhile, but he will be banned soon.
 BARRY_STANTON
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2016 5:20:10 AM
Hi the best way is to just bookmark it.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/31/2016 9:21:03 AM
Be sure to checkout the Sex forum.

Lots of good stuff on masturbating and pegging there.

I'd rather stand here and shake my fist at people.

You didn't seem like the fisting type. Go figure...
 _girl_next_door_
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2016 12:53:26 PM
sugar yes please, in response to your question about upgraded users being able to see that you have viewed their profile? If you have it set to NOT allow others to see that you have viewed their profile, they will not-even if they are an upgraded user. I've had an upgraded user check this out for me.
 BLUEMISS
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2017 3:09:47 AM
When you log on to POF ,scroll down to the bottom of the inbox page and there will be a line for Local Events.
Click on that and you will be at the forums.
When you want to go back to the dating side click on Mail/profile.
If you want to post in the forums, you will have to actually log in to them.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How do I get from the dating part of the site to the forums and vice versa