Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deetristate
Msg: 4151
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?Page 167 of 171    (131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171)
have things improved since the aca?
""""Public-health data from the Centers for Disease Control confirm what one might expect from a health-care reform that expanded Medicaid coverage for adults: no improvement. In fact, things have gotten worse. Age-adjusted death rates in the U.S. have consistently declined for decades, but in 2015 — unlike in 19 of the previous 20 years — they increased. For the first time since 1993, life expectancy fell. Had mortality continued to decline during ACA implementation in 2014 and 2015 at the same rate as during the 2000–13 period, 80,000 fewer Americans would have died in 2015 alone."""

will more die due to lack of aca?
 Kj521
Msg: 4152
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 9/22/2017 2:40:40 PM
"also McCain is Christian"

I don't know about that. And if he suddenly announces his brain cancer is cured....I'm gonna call him the Antichrist! :O

"....how can a Christian justify being against The Affordable Healthcare Act or in that case "Free Healthcare"

Didn't your Momma teach'cha ain't nuttin' "free" in this World?

And Lordy! The amount I am spending a month on health ins. is almost a mortgage payment! Sheesh! I'm at the point of selling my heathens!
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 4153
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2017 3:04:01 PM
I'm thinking we owe Mr. Kim... a big thank you...

He finally came up with the definitive Trump name... We can now know him as... Dotard Trump... or... "The Dotard"...

I'm at the point of selling my heathens!

A quick google search can give you a good idea... where that might be possible to accomplish... Probably not legally but do-able anyway...
 chameleonf
Msg: 4154
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2017 3:12:58 PM
Given the stats in the following article, it would appear that the U.S. drug epidemic has far more to do with the ambiguous stats provided in Oren Cass' article cited above attempting to relate mortality to the ACA: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/05/upshot/opioid-epidemic-drug-overdose-deaths-are-rising-faster-than-ever.html?mcubz=1

The full Oren Cass article: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/445260/obamacare-no-lives-saved
 funchesf
Msg: 4155
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2017 3:37:56 PM

Posted By: deetristate
have things improved since the aca?

yes...millions of Americans that didn't have Healthcare now have it ....thanks to Romney ...oops...er..I meant Obama

""""Public-health data from the Centers for Disease Control confirm what one might expect from a health-care reform that expanded Medicaid coverage for adults: no improvement. In fact, things have gotten worse. Age-adjusted death rates in the U.S. have consistently declined for decades, but in 2015 — unlike in 19 of the previous 20 years — they increased. For the first time since 1993, life expectancy fell. Had mortality continued to decline during ACA implementation in 2014 and 2015 at the same rate as during the 2000–13 period, 80,000 fewer Americans would have died in 2015 alone."""

have you ever stated this to any of your sick family and/or friends?

will more die due to lack of aca?

there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth

Posted By: Kj521
I don't know about that. And if he suddenly announces his brain cancer is cured....I'm gonna call him the Antichrist! :O

Trump has the Antichrist position filled

Didn't your Momma teach'cha ain't nuttin' "free" in this World?

is that something you say on a first Date?

And Lordy! The amount I am spending a month on health ins. is almost a mortgage payment! Sheesh! I'm at the point of selling my heathens!

the same can be said about "Flood Insurance" .. yet both philosophies are reevaluated whenever one has a flood or a major illness
 Kj521
Msg: 4156
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2017 3:53:22 PM
"Trump has the Antichrist position filled"

Haven't seen evidence of that yet. But if I do....I'll let you know.

"is that something you say on a first Date?"

Yes. I believe in being upfront. I ask them if their insurance covers psychiatric care cause they're gonna need it....I will drive them CRAZY!

So far....hasn't scared any away. Think they might be misinterpreting that as a pick up line. ;) ;)

"the same can be said about "Flood Insurance" .. yet both philosophies are reevaluated whenever one has a flood or a major illness"

True. But Flood Insurance....won't matter if the Bank just foreclosed on your house when the flood comes. :/
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 4157
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2017 4:22:08 PM

I'm thinking we owe Mr. Kim... a big thank you...

without a doubt

He finally came up with the definitive Trump name... We can now know him as... Dotard Trump... or... "The Dotard"..

and no matter how far apart certain cultures are....Knowing a "tard" when we see one...is the one thing we humans ALL have in common.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

"Trump has the Antichrist position filled"

this is the 1 thing that you can take Funch at his word.............he has first hand information on it!
 gtomustang
Msg: 4158
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2017 4:44:59 PM
The National Review article gets its Republican ideas about ACA from the Manhattan Institute:

"The Manhattan Institute for Policy Research is a think tank whose mission is to develop and disseminate new ideas that foster greater economic choice and individual responsibility.
The Institute serves as a leading voice of free-market ideas, shaping political culture since our founding in 1977. Ideas that have changed the United States and its urban areas for the better—welfare reform, tort reform, proactive policing, and supply-side tax policies, among others—are the heart of MI’s legacy. While continuing with what is tried and true, we are constantly developing new ways of advancing our message in the battle of ideas."

"The new research hasn’t stopped the debate over the Affordable Care Act, of course. It’s simply shifted the terms a bit. Yes, the law’s critics agree, it appears that Obamacare is making people healthier. But the cost is high, they say—too high to justify.
"In 2011, for example, a paper by Tal Gross and Matthew J. Notowidigdo in the Journal of Public Economics found that expanding Medicaid eligibility by 10 percent reduced personal bankruptcies by 8 percent."

https://newrepublic.com/article/117774/obamacare-cost-benefit-analysis-saving-lives-just-part-it

it sure is an argument, and it will be interesting to see what the CBO has to say about the plan, tho even the GOP is considering not voting for it. The block grants given freely to states, however, seem sketchy.
 funchesf
Msg: 4159
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2017 6:17:16 PM

while searching his scalp for the "666 evidence" watch out for his hands because he's known to grab things

Yes. I believe in being upfront. I ask them if their insurance covers psychiatric care cause they're gonna need it....I will drive them CRAZY!

like in Fatal Attraction when Glenn Close boiled the bunny?

So far....hasn't scared any away. Think they might be misinterpreting that as a pick up line. ;) ;)

if they misinterpret that as a pick up line...then you are the one that should be scared

True. But Flood Insurance....won't matter if the Bank just foreclosed on your house when the flood comes. :/

seem like the Bank foreclosure was a Godsend ....but if you have trouble paying the mortgage due to buying affordable Healthcare then you might consider getting more affording Housing

remember you're not obligated to get Obamacare ...clearly the Ponzie Schemers ...oops ..er.. I meant clearly the Insurance Companies offer far more affordable Healthcare than Obama's ACA .......

Posted By: yule liquor
this is the 1 thing that you can take Funch at his word.............he has first hand information on it!

only due to you Mephistopheles ....oops ..er.. I meant yule liquor
 Kj521
Msg: 4160
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2017 6:46:09 PM
"while searching his scalp for the "666 evidence" watch out for his hands because he's known to grab things"

Not a problem....cause I need to check the hands, too. ;)

"like in Fatal Attraction when Glenn Close boiled the bunny?"

Don't be silly! Much more subtle...and slow....than that. Ask my late husband. Oh wait! You can't.:/

"seem like the Bank foreclosure was a Godsend ."

Sure. Being homeless during a flood is fantastic! But hey at least you have insurance. Maybe those papers will come in handy to dry yourself off with. :)

"but if you have trouble paying the mortgage due to buying affordable Healthcare then you might consider getting more affording Housing"

In order to determine this^^^^You have to....define...."affordable" Healthcare.

Just out of curiosity.....how much do you pay for healthcare? :)
 deetristate
Msg: 4161
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2017 7:23:04 PM
you are middle class, kj.
the left does not concern itself with you.
when it makes you poor or homeless, they will hear you. and care.

did your healthcare costs compete with your mortgage before obamacare?

are you obligated to get flood insurance like you are obligated to get health insurance, including bells and whistles you don't need or want, under obamacare? is the government making you buy it?

i loved the referencing to unrelated statistics and the conjecture and the source questioning because the facts could not be disputed.

at least not with those references.

why pretend that obamacare works when it doesn't? if kj ( or someone like her) loses her house, that is fine to them as long as people who pay nothing or close to nothing get theirs, I guess.

one day it will dawn on them that health insurance, particularly when deductibles are too high to use it, is not health care.
-------------------
which sick fsmily and friends? under what circumstances? why? how is that rekevant? it sounds clever, though, even if not apropos.
 Kj521
Msg: 4162
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2017 7:33:11 PM
Damn! I thought I was boughie! :/

Before the unaffordable care act....I could actually afford the premium...copays and deductibles. I thank God my husband and I had that insurance when he was battling cancer.

The thing that worries me? My husband had an inherited type cancer. We have two children. Don't need to be a geneticist to figure out the implications here. ;)
 deetristate
Msg: 4163
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2017 7:56:48 PM
just the deductible alone, kj.

"""""
Those cheap Obamacare plans are getting even more expensive.
Deductibles for individuals enrolled in the lowest-priced Obamacare health plans will average more than $6,000 in 2017, the first time that threshold has been cracked in the three years that Affordable Care Act marketplaces have been in business, a new analysis finds.
Families enrolled in bronze plans will have average deductibles of $12,393, according to the study by the consumer insurance comparison site HealthPocket.""""""

this needs to be fixed.

What cham raised about opiods was interesting. this is one analysis:

""What happens when we calculate the death rate after excluding all external causes of morbidity (ICD-10 codes for deaths caused by drugs, alcohol, assault, suicide, and accidents—in short, anything that is not due to an internal illness)? For the decade 2004-2013, the death rate is 247.4 people per 100,000 population. It is more stable than the all-cause death rate, with a low of 244.7, a high of 249.9, and a standard deviation of 1.7.

With Obamacare extending insurance to 15 million more people, this death rate should fall to 238 per 100,000. The 2014-15 data show the actual reported death rate among U.S. adults, excluding external causes, is … 252.9.

This is equivalent to an excess 11,000 annual U.S. adult deaths relative to the pre-Obamacare steady state trends, and more than 32,000 annual deaths greater than predicted by academic studies quantifying health benefits from improved insurance coverage. It is more than three standard deviations higher than the pre-Obamacare mean mortality, and it has persisted for the two full years, 2014—15, for which mortality data have been compiled. It is not a statistical aberration. ( ) Whoa""""""
 gtomustang
Msg: 4164
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2017 12:03:36 AM
"the left does not concern itself with the middle class"

>>>unlike the GOP, letting auto industry jobs die, killing unions that represent the working stiff, choosing big business as allies, passing tax cuts for the rich so the middle class have to pay, creating real estate recessions that hit the middle class's biggest investment (their house), and so on...

"are you obligated to get flood insurance?"

>>>in most states, one has to get auto insurance in order to have car. Funny how that isn't an issue. As for flood insurance, yes,

"The NFIP was established in 1968 as part of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Five years later, flood insurance became mandatory for properties located in flood zones when those properties had mortgages from federally regulated lenders"

http://www.insure.com/flood-insurance/flood-insurance-problems.html

but hey, if you really want to rail against flood insurance subsidizing people building in places they shouldn't (coastal libs, coastal conservatives and Mississippi River flyovers)...here ya go!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/10-things-politicians-wont-tell-you-about-femas-flood-insurance-2017-08-28

There's a scandal red states seem to be real quiet about. Health insurance sure ain't cheap, as we live older. A GOP Congress refusing to fund a plan doesn't help.
 funchesf
Msg: 4165
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2017 8:23:26 AM

Sure. Being homeless during a flood is fantastic! But hey at least you have insurance. Maybe those papers will come in handy to dry yourself off with. :)

if the bank foreclosed on your home then why would you need flood insurance? and since you're no longer paying a mortgage why can't you use that money to get affordable housing and not be homeless?

In order to determine this^^^^You have to....define...."affordable" Healthcare.

"affordable" in this case would be defined as... if you can afford non-essentials like a cellphone or a computer with internet access...then you can afford affordable Healthcare

you are middle class, kj.
the left does not concern itself with you.

if those pesky leftist liberals didn't concern itself with the middle class ... neither you nor Kj521 would have the right to vote

are you obligated to get flood insurance like you are obligated to get health insurance,

pretty sure flood victims along with the government wish that citizens were forced to get Flood Insurance ....to help pay for the devastation caused by the Flood .....which in the end the Government is "forced" to pay for

why pretend that obamacare works when it doesn't?

ask that to someone that's getting treatment for an illness that they otherwise couldn't afford

which sick fsmily and friends? under what circumstances? why? how is that rekevant? it sounds clever, though, even if not apropos.

because once your family or friends fall ill... Healthcare cease being political ....victims cease being stats and become Human ...in other words... your heart cease being cold and non-compassionate

Before the unaffordable care act....I could actually afford the premium...copays and deductibles

use that ten percent of your income you give to the church to pay for your Healthcare ..... as a Christian... affordable Healthcare would fall under "Let The Lord Almighty heal you" ......why do the Faithful even go to the Doctor ... clearly a lack of Faith

I thank God my husband and I had that insurance when he was battling cancer.

alas...you can find those that will say the same about Obamacare
 deetristate
Msg: 4166
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2017 9:43:46 AM
all of the pro obamacare posts

1. fail to acknowledge that it doesn't work and there is room for improvement.

and

2. make the incorrect assumption that people didn't have healthcare before the aca.
we are talking about care, not insurance.
all the insurance in the world won't help you if you can't use it.

we are talking about modern times and what is going on today.

so cleverness was the point of the question about sick relatives. i see.
the issue wasn't what the government "wants"but what is required.

maybe you should "ask someone" who can't afford to use their health insurance since the aca. or whose premiums doubled or who can no longer see their doctor, etc., etc.

politics shouldn't play a part in requiring the purchase of anything. if you risk not having it, there could be consequences. that's grown up versus mommy state.

and no. a natural disaster is quite diffetent.

you can't be free and equal in all ways.
that is dream state.

the middle class shouldn't be coerced by government to subsidize others on healthcare.

you telling kj to make different financil choices to subdidize others soubds like people who say that the poor should just get a job and get off the dole.
so you are like them. huh.

as usual, the leftists want to make your choices for you, kj. using the government as a bat.

if the government is guaranteeing the money, they can require whatever they want. i don't have to sign or borrow.

do you pay a penalty to the federal government if you don't have car insurance? or the state government?

---------------
i see your alter ego showed up below with something inane."i try to sound intelligent" ad hominem is still . . . ad hominem.
i.e., not presenting anything valid.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 4167
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2017 9:47:03 AM
I've always pointed out... how conservatives in the US... and the right-wingnuts in particular (looks in john-boy's and dipsy's directions)... were anywhere from delusional to "stupid fvcks"... and often both at once...

Well... the evidence of that little truth... just keeps rolling in...

Now we have this... to support that contention... This should "speak to your heart" for some... but I doubt that voice will be heard...

Reliance on 'gut feelings' linked to belief in fake news
Study finds political bias isn't all that shapes how we perceive truth

People who tend to trust their intuition or to believe that the facts they hear are politically biased are more likely to stand behind inaccurate beliefs, a new study suggests.

And those who rely on concrete evidence to form their beliefs are less likely to have misperceptions about high-profile scientific and political issues, said Kelly Garrett, the lead researcher and a professor of communication at The Ohio State University.

"Scientific and political misperceptions are dangerously common in the U.S. today. The willingness of large minorities of Americans to embrace falsehoods and conspiracy theories poses a threat to society's ability to make well-informed decisions about pressing matters," Garrett said.
Garrett and co-author Brian Weeks of the University of Michigan published the study in the journal PLOS ONE. They examined data from three nationally representative surveys that included anywhere from 500 to almost 1,000 participants. Their aim was to better understand how people form their beliefs and how that might contribute to their willingness to accept ideas with little or no evidence to support them.
They used responses to these questions to assess people's faith in intuition, their need for evidence, and their belief that "truth" is political.

"These are characteristics that we expected would be important above and beyond the role of partisanship," Garrett said. "We're tapping into something about people's understanding of the world, something about how they think about what they know, how they know it and what is true."

The researchers compared how participants' approach to deciding what is true was related to their beliefs about hot-button topics. The study included questions about the debunked link between vaccines and autism and the science-based connection between human activity and climate change.

Garrett and Weeks found that people who believe that truth is shaped by politics and power are more likely to embrace falsehoods. On the other hand, those who rely on evidence were less likely to believe those falsehoods.
Previous research has shown connections between belief in conspiracy theories and education level, religious fundamentalism and party affiliation, Garrett said.

In this study, a belief that truth is political was the strongest predictor of whether someone would buy into conspiracy theories. Garrett also found that those who rely on intuition to assess the truth had a stronger tendency to endorse conspiracies.

"While trusting your gut may be beneficial in some situations, it turns out that putting faith in intuition over evidence leaves us susceptible to misinformation," said Weeks, who worked on the research as an Ohio State graduate student.
"People sometimes say that it's too hard to know what's true anymore. That's just not true. These results suggest that if you pay attention to evidence you're less likely to hold beliefs that aren't correct," he said.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/09/170918142157.htm
 _babblefish
Msg: 4168
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2017 10:36:54 AM

fail to acknowledge that it doesn't work and there is room for improvement.

where's the improvement in the repeal?

are these examples of improvements > . . 21 million will become uninsured, rape becomes a pre existing condition, that babies in neonatal care could use up their life time cap, read that carefully, lifetime caps etcetcetc

all i'm reading from the likes of the conservative whinging on here is that the boot straps don't attach properly
to magic kingdom designer shoes, choo on that

"It's all about me me me me me
Forget about you you you you you
So what you gonna do do do do do"
 from site to sight
Msg: 4169
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2017 11:00:41 AM
The U.S. needs to start up a new movement with the slogan "All lives Matter", because Trump wants to have a policy where the slogan would be "Your Life Matters-if you can afford it." I guess Trump and his Neo-Knucklehead supporters would think that it's totally ridiculous that other countries have socialized medicine -where everybody is guaranteed medical care regardless of income. Americans are the only people that gladly support a Draconian and backwards medical system.

Americans better check their insurance policies, to see if their insurance covers the after effects and radiation from H-bombs, in case any North Korean bombs make it to the U.S.
 poppata
Msg: 4170
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2017 11:46:55 AM
"we are talking about care, not insurance.
all the insurance in the world won't help you if you can't use it. "

You are so incredibly ignorant, hard to believe you are really some sort of analyst as you claim. Even with large deductibles, insurance provides treatment for the biggies, like cancer and heart disease, not to mention other surgeries, and illnesses...treatment previously not available to millions.

And you are utterly stupid for another reason...we all need health care sooner or later. If we don't take care of people who need it now, there will be nobody around to take care of you when you need it.

You are truly a despicable person Dee....you better hope there is no God because if there is, you are going to have a lot of explaining to do.
 gtomustang
Msg: 4171
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2017 1:03:59 PM
Is there room for improvement in O-care? of course there is, even libs talk about "single payer". Do the GOP want a working government program that proves other government programs are worth considering? Not by the "Change" they keep trying to pass...even their own party members go WTF, its a tax cut for the rich

now, back in those horrible days of unions, i'll bet a lot of people enjoyed their "Cadillac" (to quote TomDaBomb's brag) healthcare plan from their employer. Now they probably work 2 part time jobs, and if they get benefits, its an HSA that has a four digit deductible.

"politics shouldn't force you to purchase things"

>>why aren't you up in arms about car insurance? maybe for the same reason emergency care is so expensive--they have to cover the costs of the uninsured patient who came in before you. surprise! he ain't always a different skin color and he actually speaks English like a native. He didn't expect to get Lyme Disease, it hit him like a natural disaster, unlike living in Hurricane Alley. Now, I don't know about other states, but in mine, when your car insurance lapses, your registration gets pulled, and the police cars have license plate scanners to find scofflaws. I haven't had the issue, but i'll bet Big Brother offers a penalty.

Speaking of middle class subsidation, what's with all the tax cuts for the rich? why should the burden for wars that help those with their profits parked in foreign banks, be taken from them and put on the middle class? Corporations are raking in record profits, the stock market is breaking records, isn't it fair to the middle class to give them a break for once?
 Kj521
Msg: 4172
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2017 1:52:29 PM
"I've always pointed out... how conservatives in the US... and the right-wingnuts in particular (looks in john-boy's and dipsy's directions)... were anywhere from delusional to "stupid fvcks"... and often both at once..."

No, Joe! You are simply evidencing quantum cognition. Pretty fantastic isn't it! :D
 poppata
Msg: 4173
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2017 3:11:43 PM
KJ, as you know, I respect your opinions especially in the light of the leftists here....but in case you have not noticed, your President has made it almost inevitable we are going to war with NK. By his big mouth, and not recognizing the cultural differences, he has made it almost impossible for NK to back down. That means a clash, perhaps nuclear, is highly likely. Good luck to all
 Kj521
Msg: 4174
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2017 3:20:31 PM
^^^^It was inevitable either way. Rocket Man has to be dealt with.

There is much more going on behind the scenes than is being reported.
 poppata
Msg: 4175
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2017 4:02:34 PM
There is always stuff going on behind the scenes..only a select group know what that is. Regardless of war is coming, than sooner is more likely than later.

to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?