Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 478
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?Page 20 of 321    (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46)
Going back to Trumps conference. From what I could see he simply "Lawyered up" when it came to an "explanation" Of how he plans on solving the gnarly conundrum of possible conflict of interest/emoluments clause violations. He gets his lawyer to spout a bunch of legalese and then points to a table load of paperwork indicating that "the facts are there" for anyone with the time and patience to sift through it.

All the time he is paying a lawyer to talk for him regarding his finances and possible conflict of interest.... All the while he is doing that he STILL HAS"NT shown anyone his tax returns which would have cleared all of this mystery and speculation right up

Provided that is, that they are not as phony as Trump is. Or seems to be to me. At least, that is what I garnered from his conference earlier. . Pure opinion on my part, it's true....
 deetristate
Msg: 479
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 1/11/2017 6:57:51 PM
Why should he show his tax returns or give up his business interests completely other than to appease the envious?

Not a good reason.

Even if he produces it, you won't believe what's in it anyway.

What would be the point?
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 480
Posted: 1/11/2017 7:22:36 PM
Wow the left in hear is really in a hate filed tizzy.
You can tell it's getting closer to American Re-Independance Day, Jan 20 2017 otherwise known as Inauguration Day.
This is going to be 4 fun years and then we get to do it all over again for another four.
Thank you liberals for all the comedy.
More entertaining than a Meryl Streep speech.

Ivanka 2024!
 gtomustang
Msg: 481
Posted: 1/11/2017 7:28:36 PM
"Why should he show his tax returns or give up his business interests completely other than to appease the envious?

Even if he produces it, you won't believe what's in it anyway. "

>>>Wait, are we talking tax returns or birth certificates? Spy is right, its going to be a funny four years as Trumpets play the roles of Democrats. Chump will do what the Clintons do, and Trumpet apologists will wonder why there's as much debate over it as they had over Clinton's actions.

Just watched Obama versus the Chump speech, back to back. The former was about what happened, who helped and how we can continue it on. The latter was about *sniff Sniff* how bad certain people are to me, how great I am, how only I can solve problems, how I can snub reporters who hurt my feelings, and that last question about can I go on record saying none of my staff absolutely positively had nothing to do with the Russian thing?

yeah, i'm just going to walk away and pretend I didn't hear it.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 482
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2017 7:40:36 PM
^^^ Good point.... Showing tax returns shouldn't matter in getting to the bottom of Trumps holdings or possible conflicts of interest. Comparing his tax returns against the morass of paperwork and whatever his lawyer says about whether or not he has no conflict of interest shouldn't matter... If you completely trust Trump and all he says then you should be satisfied with what the future POTUS says and so should everyone else?

That past presidential candidates and serving presidents provided tax returns matters not now simply because Trump is under audit. I think he has always been under audit and that just makes me wonder even more about his honesty.

And the point behind it all? He is our leader or soon will be. I as an American don't trust him and am wondering what he is hiding.....
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 483
Posted: 1/11/2017 7:41:18 PM

Msg: 487
the former was about what happened, who helped and how we can continue it on. The latter was about *sniff Sniff* how bad certain people are to me, how great I am, how only I can solve problems, how I can snub reporters who hurt my feelings, and that last question about can I go on record saying none of my staff absolutely positively had nothing to do with the Russian thing?

And Kellyanne Conway will clarify that it wasn't that kind of golden shower, just a couple Russian models with bladder control issues.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 484
Posted: 1/11/2017 10:20:01 PM

"If not, what's the purpose of scrapping it?"

Its not about the ACA to the GOP,........ it is about DESTROYING Obama's legacy anyway they can!
They know there there are few (if any) better plans than the ACA, but because a Democrat came up with it, its no good

Racist Mitch McConnell, pledged to make Obama a 1 term POTUS, but couldn't do it, and his hate intensified!
To him, Obama was the Proverbial "n!gga" who never knew "his place"...and is about to give him a "political whipping" of his career by gutting the only landmark legislation he made.

Every GOP primary candidate had to make a serious pledge to him that (if elected) the GOP Potus must undo the ACA regardless of the consequences to the public, or the cost to the taxpayer.

Early on Trump said he favored a "single payer system" but he quickly had to recant this because, it was not something that McConnell would accept.

Evil is..as evil does!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 485
Posted: 1/11/2017 11:05:35 PM

Why should he show his tax returns or give up his business interests completely other than to appease the envious?

As for taxes:

It’s true that in the 2008 election, Republican nominee McCain released just two years of tax returns. But you have to go back more than 30 years — to President Ronald Reagan, who released one year’s return in 1980 — to get to a major party nominee who released less than five years of tax returns.

Over those three decades, the number of years of released tax returns went from a high of 30 by Republican Bob Dole in 1996 to a low of five by Democrat Michael Dukakis in 1988.

In 1968, when Romney’s father, George Romney, released 12 years of tax returns — saying, “one year could be a fluke” — his Republican primary opponent Richard Nixon didn’t release any tax returns. Nor did Democrat Hubert Humphrey.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/07/romney-and-the-tax-return-precedent/

As for business interests? It's ethical. Easy peasy. Don't see where envy enters into this at all.

I appreciate that divestiture can be costly. But the President-elect would not be alone in making that
sacrifice.
I’ve been involved in just about every Presidential nomination in the past 10 years. I also
have been involved in the ethics review of Presidents, Vice Presidents, and most top White House officials. I’ve seen the
sacrifices that these individuals have had to make.
It’s important to understand that the President is now entering the world of public service. He’s going to
be asking his own appointees to make sacrifices. He’s going to be asking our men and women in uniform to risk
their lives in conflicts around the world. So, no, I don’t think divestiture is too high a price to pay to be the
President of the United States of America.
As we all know, one of the things that make America truly great is its system for preventing public
corruption. For a long time now, OGE has helped developing countries set up their own systems for detecting
and preventing conflicts of interest. Our executive branch ethics program is considered the gold standard
internationally and has served as a model for the world. But that program starts with the Office of the President.
The President-elect must show those in government—and those coming into government after his inauguration—that
ethics matters
All of this is to say there are reasons why experts and others are expressing concern. These calls for divestiture have been bipartisan. You have the examples of President Obama’s ethics counsel, Norm Eisen, and
President Bush’s ethics counsel, Richard Painter. The conservative Wall Street Journal recommended
divestiture. So did conservative columnist Peggy Noonan. It’s plain to see that none of this reflects any partisan
motivation. All you have to do is imagine what will happen if the President-elect takes this advice and divests. He’ll be stronger. He’ll have a better chance of succeeding. So will the ethics program and the government as a whole. And, in turn, America will have a better chance of succeeding. We should all want that. I know I want that.
In closing, I would just like to add that I’m happy to offer my assistance and the assistance of my staff.
Thank you.

https://www.oge.gov/web/OGE.nsf/0/DCC328BD6DB515CC852580A50079449D/$FILE/Remarks%20of%20W%20M%20Shaub%20Jr.pdf
 deetristate
Msg: 486
Posted: 1/12/2017 12:37:13 AM
We are talking about tax returns.

No law requires them to be produced.

Again, if he did produce them, you wouldn't believe what's in them anyway.
Again, you wouldn't believe what's in them anyway.

Why bother?

Neither is there a requirement that he sell off everything or alienate himself from his family or that family members sell off everything that they own for Trump to be president.

If he does something in violation of the law with respect to mixing business with his presidential duties, indict or impeach him.

If he capitulates and provides you the tax returns( because he tires of the whining), it will be a gratuitous gesture.

And you won't believe what's in them anyway. (like the people who think Obama's birth certificate is phony------still.
(That is the company that you leftists keep now)

If he divests himself of all he owns, you won't believe that he actually did that either.

Why bother?

As far as the ACA, you may have a point about the motivations of white men ( you would know, I guess) and even some Republicans to take that from Obama, repackage it and make claim to it. That has happened, well, always. And not just Republicans.
We can start with the recipe for Aunt Jemima's pancakes and go up in complexity from there with a long list ( HBO actually made a movie about a surgical procedue where something similar happened). .

But the reality is that many people are not satisfied with it, they are paying outrageous deductibles and premiums, they are forced to pay for things they don't want or need, single payer or what congress has would have been better and Obama capitulated to insurance companies in the writing. Trump has said that he will keep the provisions for adult children, transferring , preexisting conditions, etc.

And you people should have gotten your people out in the middle of the country to vote.

This discussion makes me wonder whether Clinton would have scrapped it for single payor anyway.

And, really, even if they scrap it and rename it, President Obama still has the legacy of beginning a USA national health plan. They can't take that away.

It's all over but the crying.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 487
Posted: 1/12/2017 4:08:12 AM
"It's all over but the crying".
Very true words and yet "the crying" will never be over. Especially the hate filled war mongering President Obama apologizing Leftists in here who will never let it go. After all look at the example their supreme leader set for them the past 8 years with regards to his predecessor. The man never took ownership of his own Presidency and its anemic handling of the US economy and his mishandling affairs the whole world at large.
So entertaining... you bet, watching you all lose your religion over Trump.
Hollywood, try as they might (and they do- Thank you Meryl Streep) could not write a better comedy script.

Internet connection $40/month
Mac Pro - $2,400
Watching Libs lose their religion over Trump's election - "PRICELESS"!

So please keep up with your nonsense it brings a great peace to Republicans every where knowing that you still haven't quite figured out your folly of the last great election.
Just don't tip off the "Democrat leadership" of there mistakes. Now thats an oxy-moron (Democrat Leadership) isn't it.

Eight more years of entertainment, can't beat that.
Or can you...

Ivanka 2024
 dragonbytes
Msg: 488
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2017 7:57:14 AM
cotter, you are over 65 so you already have a single-payer national health insurance, Medicare, unless you are still working and get health insurance through your work. And Medicare Advantage is still part of the Medicare system even though it is run by private companies following strict Medicare rules.

Isn't that correct?

I'm personally in favor of single-payer national health insurance ... aka "Medicare for all”. I'm fighting for it in Ohio and hope we can get it done before once again, there is no option for the "uninsurables" to get insurance coverage either because they can't afford it or have pre-existing conditions.

I am in favor of that also, but reining in the medical industrial complex with 17% of our entire economy is a battle that won't be won in less that 2-10 years, if ever. Too many middle men make too much money on our current system.

We should fight to make it a single payer system, but realistically it won't happen anytime soon, maybe not in our lifetime.
 cotter
Msg: 489
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2017 9:39:19 AM
Message 494 ...
dragon ...
cotter, you are over 65 so you already have a single-payer national health insurance, Medicare, unless you are still working and get health insurance through your work.

Yes, I have Medicare. What's your point in asking?

And Medicare Advantage is still part of the Medicare system even though it is run by private companies following strict Medicare rules.

Isn't that correct?

Correct.

Again, what is your point in asking?

You do realize that if they do away with the ACA, it will affect my Medicare benefits. Isn't that something to be concerned about?

I'm personally in favor of single-payer national health insurance ... aka "Medicare for all”. I'm fighting for it in Ohio and hope we can get it done before once again, there is no option for the "uninsurables" to get insurance coverage either because they can't afford it or have pre-existing conditions.

I am in favor of that also, but reining in the medical industrial complex with 17% of our entire economy is a battle that won't be won in less that 2-10 years, if ever. Too many middle men make too much money on our current system.

We should fight to make it a single payer system, but realistically it won't happen anytime soon, maybe not in our lifetime.

So ... just let it go, don't fight to get it regardless how long it might take?

I have children and grandchildren that will hopefully appreciate the time I'm investing in trying to get a health insurance that all can benefit from. I think that's a pretty good reason to fight for something that we may not be able to achieve in my lifetime ...

I helped fight for voting rights for all ... and I got to see it happen which contributes even more to my disgust that we continue to have bigots and racists who are hellbent on keeping Americans from exercising their right to vote.

So despicable. What are such people afraid of? Afraid that allowing all people to vote might drive their kind out?

And the same goes for healthcare for all. How better to keep a person down than to strap them with unaffordable health costs ... creating a situation where they will never get out of debt or ever be well enough to productively contribute to society? That way the rich can talk down to them and accuse them of doing nothing. Feeds their ego ... eh?
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 490
Posted: 1/12/2017 9:57:48 AM
#492 says

As far as the ACA, you may have a point about the motivations of white men ( you would know, I guess)

Its not just "white men"...its white men who wear an (R) next to their political affiliation; who have felt that the only black man in the white house should be the porter....and you know it. Obama could not have gotten elected into office solely by the Black & Brown voters

But the reality is that many people are not satisfied with it, they are paying outrageous deductibles and premiums,

Wait till you see what the premiums and deductible will be when you take the leash off the collar of the insurance Co's. Even Obama in his farewell speech said "if anybody can come up with a plan that is more effective and less expensive" he will personally endorse it............But of course, you believe that Trump & McConnell know better

Obama capitulated to insurance companies in the writing

No, he acquiesced to the GOP (who are OWNED by ins co's); and if was up to Obama we all would have had a public option available............But don't do any research, and just like a Charles Manson follower, believe your GOP leaders unconditionally.

Trump has said ...

LOL...Trump has talked from both sides of his mouth; flip flopping like a fish outta water.
You woulda been a great Charles Manson apostle..do not question anything!

This discussion makes me wonder whether Clinton would have scrapped it for single payor anyway.

She would not have had the courage..but Bernie would have

President Obama still has the legacy of beginning a USA national health plan. They can't take that away.

Its amazing how far a person can be indoctrinated to prop up his position...I'm getting more convinced that pple like this would actually take a bullet for Trump, and be happy that they did so!
 Maleman999
Msg: 491
Posted: 1/12/2017 10:28:26 AM
Trump promised a tax cut for everybody, so that should take care of any excessive heath care costs, right? lol.
As long as hospitals and the health care industry remains a strictly "for profit only" business (unlike other countries), nothing will change. The window dressing might change, but it will still be a system where health care is related to a person's wealth. Does anyone really expect a team of billionaires sitting in the White House to care about poor people who can't afford health insurance or an exorbitant hospital bill? Maybe if billionaires started paying taxes, there would be more money to help the less fortunate. But you won't see Trump make any moves for that to happen. In fact, he pledged to do the opposite-make rich people richer.
 gtomustang
Msg: 492
Posted: 1/12/2017 11:58:24 AM
of course, along with the high prices of medicine to pay for advertising a pill for every ill, and reducing the size of the medical industry complex, then the government would have to look at why do they subsidize Archer Daniels Midland to put high fructose corn syrup in everything that causes later medical issues, and the FDA might have to regulate cigarettes and then....
 deetristate
Msg: 493
Posted: 1/12/2017 12:21:56 PM
I'll hold any complaimts and whining until he is actually in office and does something that has negative consequences as far as health insurance.

Whining and anticipating problems now is just, well, whining.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 494
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2017 12:27:37 PM
cotter

You do realize that if they do away with the ACA, it will affect my Medicare benefits. Isn't that something to be concerned about?

Several points in asking.

The main one is, this year I have to apply for Medicare, so I was wondering what effect repealing the ACA will have on Medicare and on me? It seems some free medical preventive procedures like colonoscopies will go back to having a deductible and copay. Maybe Medicare will be projected to run out of money sooner without the ACA provisions.

A secondary point, your post gave the impression that ACA was a lifesaver for you, but it seems likely you have never actually bought a health plan on the ACA market place. Even with subsidies, the plans aren't cheap and the deductibles are pretty high. Personally, would rather have banked the money and looked for cheaper medical services when I needed them, though I have an advantage of not having any pressing health concerns. BUT I was OK with ACA as in general it seems to have helped a lot of other people.

Your best bet in getting universal single payer health care would be to work in Ohio to get Democratic nomines elected in all levels of Ohio. Ohio after all help elect Trump and Republicans, my state of Illinois is Democratic and voted for Hillary, there isn't much I could do on a local level to help get more Democratics elected.

So what will repealing ACA do to Medicare? What should I prepare for?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 495
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2017 12:33:23 PM

I'll hold any complaimts and whining until he is actually in office and does something that has negative consequences as far as health insurance.

Whining and anticipating problems now is just, well, whining.

Foolish thinking, wait till something becomes law and actually hurts us, then complain?

No, one has to get ahead and let those pols voting know the future consequences for there current votes. By not complaining now, it would appear everyone is OK with what is happening.

Trump is behaving like he is President now, so voters are reacting like he is President now. These actions are reactions are part of the new normal under Trump.

BTW, were Tea Party protesters just whining?
 deetristate
Msg: 496
Posted: 1/12/2017 1:01:44 PM
Not a tea party member and didn't support them because I don't really know much about them so can't say.

What I do know is that they worked to get people elected, which is what leftists should start working on.
 gtomustang
Msg: 497
Posted: 1/12/2017 1:08:07 PM
"BTW, were Tea Party protesters just whining? "

>>>oh no, Eric Summit's favorite wet dream, Sarah Palin, was talking about DEATH PANELS!!!! Talk about the original "fake news", anyone seen a death panel around? Go ahead, look under your seat cushions, we'll wait.

http://www.politico.com/story/2009/08/palin-doubles-down-on-death-panels-026078

and yes, the Democrats should work on Republican gerrymandering that keeps them getting elected for legislature. And another interesting issue:

https://newrepublic.com/article/119807/voter-id-laws-republican-voter-suppression-needs-stop
 daynadaze
Msg: 498
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2017 1:34:01 PM
Donald Trump once a single payer advocate, has he flip flopped on that too?
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 499
Posted: 1/12/2017 5:25:30 PM

Donald Trump once a single payer advocate, has he flip flopped on that too?

Yes, just watch his 1st GOP debate when he said it...but then he was taken side by the GOP hierarchy who instructed him that the Insurance Co's are "our friends", and a single payer system is not in our agenda..and we will; never let you get it through

@ #499

'll hold any complaimts and whining until he is actually in office and does something that has negative consequences as far as health insurance.

How about saying something sensible like....don't repeal it unless you have something else that is effective to take its place, so there are no negative consequences

@ 500

It seems some free medical preventive procedures like colonoscopies will go back to having a deductible and copay

Definitely!
 cotter
Msg: 500
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2017 5:30:29 PM
Message 500 ...
dragon ...

Several points in asking.
The main one is, this year I have to apply for Medicare, so I was wondering what effect repealing the ACA will have on Medicare and on me? It seems some free medical preventive procedures like colonoscopies will go back to having a deductible and copay. Maybe Medicare will be projected to run out of money sooner without the ACA provisions.

Well, if it runs out before we die then I'd say that will create a problem for us ... not to mention all the other folks who religiously paid into it and will never get to take advantage of it.

I don't know anything about you (children, no children) but I have children who have been paying into it for years (my youngest daughter has been working since she was 14 and she will soon be 37) and they also deserve to be allowed to take advantage of it ... that is unless Trump starts some sort of war and gets us all blown to smithereens first.

A secondary point, your post gave the impression that ACA was a lifesaver for you, but it seems likely you have never actually bought a health plan on the ACA market place.

The company I worked for (have been working for) did not offer any kind of health benefits and so I had to buy private insurance until I qualified for Medicare ... so for well over 4 years, my medical insurance cost me $590. per month and my medication ran me over $1000. every 3 months ... over $11,000. per year. That did not include co-pays for any doctors. I deducted all those costs on my tax return because I am entitled to do that since my company did not cover or reimburse me for any of my medical costs.

I'm sorry if you feel I misled you in any way, but I know that my condition (back then) afflicts many other women and having healthcare coverage will be a life saver for them. We are not alone in this world and that's why we all have to join together for the good of all.

Some are really selfish with the idea, "There's nothing wrong with me now so why should I pay into a healthcare system? I'll pay when I need it." What if they have an accident and through no fault of their own or anyone else, they need healthcare? How do they propose to pay for it while they're recuperating laid up in a hospital or nursing home?

Even with subsidies, the plans aren't cheap and the deductibles are pretty high. Personally, would rather have banked the money and looked for cheaper medical services when I needed them, though I have an advantage of not having any pressing health concerns. BUT I was OK with ACA as in general it seems to have helped a lot of other people.

I applaud you for your attitude and just want to say that more people should do the same.

Your best bet in getting universal single payer health care would be to work in Ohio to get Democratic nomines elected in all levels of Ohio. Ohio after all help elect Trump and Republicans, my state of Illinois is Democratic and voted for Hillary, there isn't much I could do on a local level to help get more Democratics elected.

Yup ... that's part of our plan too.

My sister and I and many of our friends are actively involved.

So what will repealing ACA do to Medicare? What should I prepare for?

Well, for sure, it will give the top 2% of Americans a 3 billion dollar tax cut. So if you are one of them ... jump for joy!

I get the impression you know how to find out how the ACA helps Medicare, but see below. Wouldn't you imagine that whatever it does for us now ... it won't any more once they get rid of the ACA?
https://www.medicare.gov/about-us/affordable-care-act/affordable-care-act.html
The Affordable Care Act & Medicare
Top 5 things to know about the health care law if you have Medicare:

1)Your Medicare coverage is protected.

Medicare isn’t part of the Health Insurance Marketplace established by the health care law, so you don't have to replace your Medicare coverage with Marketplace coverage. No matter how you get Medicare, whether through Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage Plan, you’ll still have the same benefits and security you have now.

You don’t need to do anything with the Marketplace during Open Enrollment.
2)You get more preventive services, for less. Medicare now covers certain preventive services, like mammograms or colonoscopies, without charging you for the Part B coinsurance or deductible. You also can get a free yearly "Wellness" visit.
3)You can save money on brand-name drugs. If you’re in the donut hole, you'll also get a 60% discount when buying Part D-covered brand-name prescription drugs. The discount is applied automatically at the counter of your pharmacy—you don’t have to do anything to get it. The donut hole will be closed completely by 2020.
4)Your doctor gets more support. With new initiatives to support care coordination, your doctor may get additional resources to make sure that your treatments are consistent.
5)The health care law ensures the protection of Medicare for years to come. The life of the Medicare Trust fund will be extended to at least 2029—a 12-year extension due to reductions in waste, fraud and abuse, and Medicare costs, which will provide you with future savings on your premiums and coinsurance.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 501
Posted: 1/14/2017 5:09:51 AM
Fascinating discussion in here...
With all the leftists losing there religion over President Trump what with all the predictions of impeachment and death.
Just wondering which of you, if you had the chance and you had the opportunity perhaps to earn a few coins put in your pocket, which of you would assassinate President trump?
Now be honest (I know that is difficult for a leftist) but truthfully what is your level of passion?
 gtomustang
Msg: 502
Posted: 1/14/2017 7:07:43 AM
Besides Big Brother watching, i'm sure you won't get any bites on your question. and yet i'll still answer a question with a few questions:

1) how many leftists do you believe own a weapon capable? Aren't leftists snowflakes with coloring books?

2) how many leftists served in the military and thus feel they have the training necessary to feel they could pull off their delusion? Do you believe a lot of leftists serve their country?

Boxed yourself into a corner,eh? Please answer honestly.

besides, Micheal Moore tells us Chump will self-implode with his narcissism , so all we have to do is wait. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?