Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 platitude545
Msg: 7903
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?Page 317 of 321    (281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321)
Vlad, i can't speak for scotsmanland, but npr is known for well investigated stories and here is what it says...https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/04/25/605092520/high-paying-trade-jobs-sit-empty-while-high-school-grads-line-up-for-university

This is not the fault of immigrants.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 7904
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 11/22/2018 1:12:06 PM

Msg: 7921
The rabid liberals seem to be the ones over the top.
guess I don't understand identity politics or want to be a part of it.
plus...its thanksgiving.
I'm thankful for so much.
just to be on the right side of the sod.
hell, I'm glad trump is here to rile you slackers up too.

Trump now holds Saudi murderers in higher regard than the Navy Seal who led the raid that got Bin Laden. Are you Trumpers blind, deaf and dumb when it comes to his misogynistic rants?

Comrade Trump disregards the Constitution, sucks up to murderers and his boyfriend Putin, and now his daughter was doing the same thing he criticized Hilary for. Can you say “hypocrite”? Sure you can.

President Trump pardons one turkey, (the other turkey is cooperating with the Mueller probe).
 vlad dracul
Msg: 7905
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 3:51:14 PM
Platy
"Vlad, i can't speak for scotsmanland, but npr is known for well investigated stories and here is what it says...https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/04/25/605092520/high-paying-trade-jobs-sit-empty-while-high-school-grads-line-up-for-university

This is not the fault of immigrants."

Can you point me to some posts where immigrants are being blamed for the skills shortage?

I read the link you put up and I've picked out a couple of bits that to me anyway show why yous have a skills shortage..............

"In a new report, the Washington State Auditor found that good jobs in the skilled trades are going begging because students are being almost universally steered to bachelor's degrees."

So youngsters are being discouraged from going into skill trades. To me this makes no sense whatsoever..........

"For all the promises to improve vocational education, however, a principal federal source of money for it, called Tech-Prep, hasn't been funded since 2011."

Ah so POLITICIANS have played THEIR part by removing funds that would train youngsters in skill trades. It could be said that those who MIGHT have served an apprenticeship are not important enough to bother about...........

"In a quest for prestige and rankings, and to bolster real-estate values, high schools also like to emphasize the number of their graduates who go on to four-year colleges and universities."

So those responsible for education don't really care about youngsters getting apprenticeships either. Not enough money or prestige in helping youngsters who are not clever enough for uni..............

"But high school graduates have been so effectively encouraged to get a bachelor's that high-paid jobs requiring shorter and less expensive training are going unfilled."

So going to uni where you can have safe spaces and get offended at the drop of a hat is drummed into bairns.
Not for them a building site where swear words and geezers having a laugh and a drink on a friday might 'offend' them..........

https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/04/25/605092520/high-paying-trade-jobs-sit-empty-while-high-school-grads-line-up-for-university?t=1542929013342

Seems to me that your various governments and your education system rather than immigrants are to blame.
 platitude545
Msg: 7906
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 4:21:18 PM
Yep. Things are askew in the education front. Immigrants are blamed though. Besides, like i have said, with the shortages we have, plenty of work for all skilled tradesmen, one reason johns complaints fall on my deaf ears.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 7907
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 5:00:36 PM
Platy
"Yep. Things are askew in the education front. Immigrants are blamed though. Besides, like i have said, with the shortages we have, plenty of work for all skilled tradesmen, one reason johns complaints fall on my deaf ears."

Who on here is blaming immigrants?

Yes there is plenty of work for skilled tradesmen. So why have your nations various governments and your education system helped to destroy apprenticeships which would train youngsters in skills?

A bairn with a biscuit arse can see if no training is offered then no skills are learned. Creating a skills shortage.

But i was interested regarding the TDS over his immigration policies. Seems the democratic party machine forgot about THEIR immigration laws..................

"In 1996, Democratic President Bill Clinton signed the harshest immigration bill that this nation had seen in decades. The effects of this bill linger and hang over any efforts for “immigration reform.”

The truth is that the “centrist” Bill Clinton signed the most draconian immigration bill of our lifetime. President Barack Obama has deported more people than any President in the nation’s history. Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton promises immigration reform, but what exactly would that reform look like?

IIRIRA greatly expanded the types of crimes that could result in the deportation of a foreign national. This included lawful permanent residents. And the Clinton bill made those changes retroactive, thereby boosting the number of possible (probable) deportations.

The law also made many immigrants subject to mandatory detention while their immigration cases were being decided. This pre-trial hammer was used to make frustrated, imprisoned immigrants give up their effort to stop deportation and simply go home. An underfunded deportation judicial system only meant that these immigrants had to wait longer and longer while in lockup for their day in court.

Finally, the 1996 law made it almost impossible for undocumented immigrants to receive cancellation of removal. This is a form of relief for longtime undocumented immigrants who had not committed crimes to stay in the country. IIRIRA made it almost impossible to obtain such relief.

Proponents of immigration reform and immigration advocates are understandably appalled by the harsh rhetoric coming from the Republican party on this issue. But it cannot and should not be lost on any one who follows this issue that the Democrats have a lot of blame for our current situation as well."

https://hackinglawpractice.com/blog/20-year-law-signed-continues-to-harm-immigrants/

And yet hillary had a change of heart regarding illegal immigrants. She is now their friend...............

"Clinton said she will defend President Barack Obama’s stalled executive actions designed to protect from deportation up to 5 million undocumented immigrants.

Clinton wants to make it easier for people to become U.S. citizens. Clinton says she would expand fee waivers so that money isn’t an obstacle for the estimated 9 million people eligible for citizenship"

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/15/compare-candidates-clinton-vs-trump-immigration/

Yet i read this today. Hillary has changed her mind AGAIN regarding immigration. Much like she did with ttip..........

"Hillary Clinton: Europe must curb immigration to stop rightwing populists

“I think Europe needs to get a handle on migration because that is what lit the flame,” Clinton said, speaking as part of a series of interviews with senior centrist political figures about the rise of populists, particularly on the right, in Europe and the Americas.

“I admire the very generous and compassionate approaches that were taken particularly by leaders like Angela Merkel, but I think it is fair to say Europe has done its part, and must send a very clear message – ‘we are not going to be able to continue provide refuge and support’ – because if we don’t deal with the migration issue it will continue to roil the body politic.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/22/hillary-clinton-europe-must-curb-immigration-stop-populists-trump-brexit

Maybe she thought sherman citizens wouldn't notice.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 7908
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 1:13:20 AM
There has been much coverage over here about the murder of the journalist in the saudi arabian embassy in turkey. There has been much outrage about president the donalds reaction to said murder.

Full on TDS attacking him for saying america will still trade with saudi arabia. Yet a wee bit digging and reading makes me wonder why there was no sense of outrage about the following below.

I wonder why?...............

"Obama, in an awkward twist, becomes Saudi Arabia's defender

Long a critic, the president now finds himself in the uncomfortable spot of protecting the austere desert monarchy from Congress.

Despite these differences, Obama has promised to veto a bill that Congress passed unanimously allowing families of 9/11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia over alleged links to the 2001 terrorist attacks.

And many of the same U.S. lawmakers happy to make it easier to sue the Saudis just this week green-lit a $1.15 billion arms sale to the country.

"Does no one sense the irony?” asked Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, one of a handful of lawmakers who tried to block the weapons deal in the Senate.

The perception in many quarters, however, is that Obama is coming to the aid of a country with much to hide.

Fifteen of the 19 hijackers on Sept. 11, 2001, were Saudi nationals.

And the recent declassification of roughly 30 pagesfrom a 2002 congressional probe into the 9/11 attacks raised more questions about Saudi government ties to Islamist extremists."

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/obama-saudi-arabia-228521

So those unhinged by TDS over the murder of the journalist and who are DEMANDING action be taken against saudi arabia and that trade deals and arms deals with the suadis are morally wrong were silent over obamas refusal to stop trading with the saudis.

Curiouser and curiouser

And even more strange is their silence over the slaughter in yemen and atrocities committed by the Saudis. But obviously twas not president the donald in charge then............

"From 2009 to 2016, the Obama administration authorized a record $115bn in military sales to Saudi Arabia, far more than any previous administration. Of that total, US and Saudi officials signed formal deals worth about $58bn, and Washington delivered $14bn worth of weaponry."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/11/trump-yemen-saudi-arabi-war-us-involvement-worsening-crisis

"Covered Up Abuses in Yemen, America Stood By
Washington let Saudi Arabia commit atrocities in Yemen, then strong-arm the UN into remaining silent."

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/07/saudi-arabia-yemen-russia-syria-foreign-policy-united-nations-blackmail-214124
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 7909
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 1:42:05 AM
not every barn is w daftie... Even over herer.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 7910
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 1:42:51 AM
not every barn is w daftie... Even over herer.ntain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.

whoa now that was a Blitzer in the matrix and somebody just offered me a steak
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 7911
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 6:53:11 AM
Tooting his own horn while on the phone w/ service people on Thanksgiving was shameful & disgraceful IMO.
 platitude545
Msg: 7912
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 8:31:46 AM
Vlad, you live over there in Scotsmanland, have a very limited understanding of our county's judicial, legislative and executive branches, are completely clueless just how God awful Trump is as a person, and for our country...his constant attacks on our fundamental institutions and freedoms, his indecency, his cruelty, his cozying up to tyrants and murderers, his raping the us for his own interests and constantly violating our constitution he swore to defend, his complete lack of integrity and you mindlessly accuse us of TDS.

All due respect, you are a clueless know nothing. The people in our country who still support Trump are generally stupid or ignorant and clueless themselves, for example having no idea how much damage trump is doing to the economy, or so angry they want to rip the country apart, or they are politicians in the game only for their own self interests.

As for our arms industry...it's been there for 70 years. Obama has nothing to do with it. Trump has made matters worse.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 7913
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 9:40:28 AM
all due respect... this coming from a woman who has never met
ANY of our Presidents.
I have shookin hands with the last 4.
think about thatntain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

bill was/is a regular guy
his wife is not nice

edit 5 if you include the don
 platitude545
Msg: 7914
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 9:50:48 AM
Lol.....your claim to have shaken their hands.....so fukin what even if you have? You are one of the clueless, ignorant one I was speaking about.

order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 7915
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 10:00:51 AM
you ever eaten brekky with someone of that caliber?
seen them dismiss the helpn order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.?
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 7916
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 10:42:54 AM
they are all very impressive people.
as are their ladies.
they probably never wake up nakid and unable to get in a bath.Home Logout MyForums

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread

you could have a nickel out of my last dime...
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 7917
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 11:11:01 AM

Yep. Things are askew in the education front. Immigrants are blamed though. Besides, like i have said, with the shortages we have, plenty of work for all skilled tradesmen, one reason johns complaints fall on my deaf ears.
but my initial point was simply that they were blamed and it wasn't do to race but other things (real or not). here is an article that describes the cause AND the effect. it is unbiased as it does not blame, yet shows the effects. http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-fi-construction-trump/
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 7918
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 11:39:03 AM
So much for the NRA's and Trump's theory that the solution to gun violence is for more people to carry guns-after the incident earlier in an Alabama mall, where police shot and killed a 21 year old man, because he appeared to be armed, and now it looking like he was just an innocent bystander, and the gunman is still on the loose. If people start pulling out guns at the first sign of any perceived danger, naturally the police are going to shoot the people with the guns in their hands, and ask questions later.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 7919
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2018 10:37:14 AM
Now that the holidays are over, i can post again, and will be going back to some earlier posts i found interesting.

"How does that equate with clinton sucking up to wall street? She has made much money from them has she not?"

>>.its an interesting mindset to believe this is anything different from voting a real estate investor into office. wealthy investors are a big part of america's labor problem, regardless of what they invest in.

"But wall street backs the democrats. "

>>>and yet its the Democrats who write laws to restrict it. BUT, the narrative is that dems are terrible for business with all their restrictions...until its popular to say they are in the pocket of Wall Street. so, are they or aren't they...or is the answer not so black and white? in another part of this forum, two Trump supporters are questioning if narcissism exists and if it does, everyone they know has it. is that why they don't recognize it in trump? one day if a narcisistic democrat comes to power, it will be interesting if they can overcome Trump Derangement Syndrome in order to see it.

"Of course 'racism' is the intolerant illiberal liberal go to comfort blanket when they have no idea as to WHY folk head to populist parties................."

>>>here in america, if Republican voters wanted an anti-Establishment candidate, they had Ted Cruz, the man who speaks Spanish and shuts down the government to reduce deficits. Maybe his funny sounding last name didn't remind them of anyone they knew, and so they went with the hype man. in the end, the republicans look at immigration and its effect on labor, the same exact way they try to fight drugs. they go after the supply, rather than the demand, and then are shocked the supply simply finds another way to supply the american demand. go after the demand, and the supply won't matter a bit.

"PostScript, did you take the populist test?'

>>>no surprise, as a liberal, i did better than Evo. too many confuse nationalism with populism. Populism seeks equality, nationalism tries to believe they are better than other nationalities.

Vlad had also mentioned the American education system tracking students out of VoCal schools and into college. He's quite right on that one, as america changed its economy from labor and factories to white collar and trading desks. it makes it ironic when republican judges claim they want a strict intepretation of the constitution--when the founding father usurped the Articles of Confederation, america was an agririan economy, half of it slave labor. we've evolved since then into capitalism and from a finance industry to technology.

Its always interesting when those with TDS raise the issue of clinton and obama exporting more immigrants...b/c they claim they had to vote for chump b/c the dems were coddling the immigrants. so which is the truth and what is the lie? if the dems were exporting more, than HRC should have been voted in to keep the policies going. and of course, the real kicker--if exporting immigrants helps the real americans get jobs with higher pay, can you please show us the chart where this happened while the dems were expelling so many?

Yes, Obama did act against the 9/11 lawsuits, and there were congresspeople who also joined in. there was a fear that going forth would open up lawsuits on bush, cheney, rumsfeld, and every other idiot who went to Iraq over fake WMD. its hard for a republican to imagine a dem doing something in their favor, i do understand. who could imagine trump doing a favor like this in return?

as for the NRA..when they imagined a good guy with a gun, he of course was white as bread :)

finally, someone had posted about liberals being bad salespeople. this month's new republic magazine had a section on obvious racism--the kind we all can spot--and how its more nuture than nature. some people may have the prefrontal cortex necessary for it, but for most, its a product of their upbringing. it gets coded into them over time, and like a recovering alcoholic, they need to get away from friends and family who live a lifestyle that teaches its a solution to their other problems.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 7920
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2018 11:26:32 AM
GTO
Hope you had a good holiday mate. Anyway time to resume hostilities so to speak

"How does that equate with clinton sucking up to wall street? She has made much money from them has she not?"
>>.its an interesting mindset to believe this is anything different from voting a real estate investor into office. wealthy investors are a big part of america's labor problem, regardless of what they invest in."

And therein lies a problem. Folk from a blue collar background never seem to get put forward as candidates. They know more about the lives of those at the bottom than the unholy trinity of lawyer, eastate agent and career politicians..............

">>>and yet its the Democrats who write laws to restrict it. BUT, the narrative is that dems are terrible for business with all their restrictions...until its popular to say they are in the pocket of Wall Street. so, are they or aren't they...or is the answer not so black and white?"

Can you show me a good example of where democrats have restricted wall street mate?..........

">>>here in america, if Republican voters wanted an anti-Establishment candidate, they had Ted Cruz, the man who speaks Spanish and shuts down the government to reduce deficits. Maybe his funny sounding last name didn't remind them of anyone they knew,"

I just had a quick gander about ted cruz. He seems well embedded with the establishment as far as i can see. And you cannae help it eh? Everything back to race. So if as you claim it's all about race why does he do so well in texas?

Do you never consider that folk may have genuine grievances about the way their lives are? Blue collar workers have watched a succession of career politicians who did not represent them. Yet the simplistic answer is race. It MUST be eh? What a weak argument..............

"Its always interesting when those with TDS raise the issue of clinton and obama exporting more immigrants...b/c they claim they had to vote for chump b/c the dems were coddling the immigrants. so which is the truth and what is the lie? if the dems were exporting more, than HRC should have been voted in to keep the policies going. and of course, the real kicker--if exporting immigrants helps the real americans get jobs with higher pay, can you please show us the chart where this happened while the dems were expelling so many?"

Psst. MAYBE folk voted the way they did because they had been abandoned by washington and were struggling? Or is that not a feasable thought when racism can be the only answer............

"as for the NRA..when they imagined a good guy with a gun, he of course was white as bread :)"

And once more race is used. From what we see on telly over here it seems not just white folk have guns. Personally i cannot fathom the sherman love of guns. And why machine guns can be purchased makes no sense to me.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 7921
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2018 3:23:38 PM
Remember last year in Ohio when Comrade Trump told people they shouldn't sell their houses because the jobs were coming back?

GM just announced to lay off more than 14,000 workers, and will close five plants. Do they get a MAGA hat as they walk out the door?

Another broken promise bites the dust.

Tommy Wolikow remembers the day he became a Donald Trump supporter.

He hadn’t previously paid attention to politics, but in July 2017 he went with his mom and aunt to a Trump rally in Youngstown, Ohio, where the president essentially promised to save his job.

“Let me tell you folks in Ohio and in this area, don’t sell your house,” Trump said, to applause. “We’re going to get those jobs coming back, and we’re going to fill up those factories or rip them down and build brand-new ones. It’s going to happen.”

Earlier that year Wolikow had been laid off from the General Motors plant in Lordstown, where he’d worked since 2008. He had high hopes that the plant might once again ramp up production and call him back. The president bolstered those hopes.

“I believed what he said, and at that moment it turned me into a Trump supporter,” Wolikow said. “It made me feel that he wasn’t lying and he was being honest.”

On Monday, GM announced the plant would be “unallocated.” If the Lordstown jobs are coming back, it’s not happening soon.

Wolikow said he’s got three kids, and that he and his fiancee, who works at a Cracker Barrel, are racking up credit card debt just to pay for basic living expenses. He said he’s applied for dozens of jobs with no luck, even though he’s gotten a trucking license and a diesel mechanic certification.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-gm-jobs-ohio_us_5bfc4d1be4b0eb6d931283c3
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 7922
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2018 3:57:14 PM
^^^That's going as well as all of the coal mining jobs that Trump said are coming back. lol.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 7923
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2018 3:59:13 PM
^See why we should have let GM go under? Ungrateful b*stards!!!
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 7924
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2018 5:59:27 PM
Msg: 7928

"Populism seeks equality, nationalism tries to believe they are better than other nationalities. "

Wrong. Nationalism...views the Globalist Agenda though a "Nation First" lens. It is really that simple.

No need to add colors. Put your crayons away.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 7925
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2018 8:19:22 PM
somehow I just don't see the humor in 14000 jobs being lost.
 platitude545
Msg: 7926
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2018 7:14:10 AM
^^^ look on the bright side. A few hundred more likely jobs for steel workers. I can't handle all of the Trump winning.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 7927
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2018 7:47:12 AM
"Hope you had a good holiday mate. Anyway time to resume hostilities so to speak"

>>>thank you, i hope you were able to enjoy the change of seasons to the harvest time.

"And therein lies a problem. Folk from a blue collar background never seem to get put forward as candidates. "

>>>in america, with its freedom of speech, its a crime of human nature, how we elect politicians to lead us. politicians should just be able to explain their policy, and leave things at that--but in reality, a policy wonk like HRC et al bore us. since the times of Madison and Hamilton, we've loved a good mud-throwing match. We have a movie out now about Gary Hart, brought down in a few days by a sex scandal. We're a Jerry Springer society, and if the political party can stir up our emotions, we get out of our seat to vote--and everyone else gets disgusted and stays home. the result is a need during campaigns to slather the airwaves with negative ads, and that costs money. Bill Clinton can bring in donations, and that makes him vital to the DNC. if you wonder why the DNC puts up with his baggage, that's the reason. and as for a blue collar lad, they have to be power-hungry to wade thru all that mud slinging. Though on a side note, america has a long history of liking military men for the role (unless they are Dems, and then they get swift boated. or if they are Mccain, they get RINO'd).

"Can you show me a good example of where democrats have restricted wall street mate?"

>>>off the top of my head, DoddFrank bill. I can also point out where Republicans have worked for Wall Street--Bush Sr helped remove investment restrictions on Savings and Loan banks, which were designed for farmers, and the result was those small banks got in over their heads and created an economic crisis (his son Neil famously got wrapped up in silverado savings). George the younger, who had a run-in himself with Harken energy, had another economic crisis of his own, the recent subprime mortgage crisis, which GM got hit with as well b/c their financial branch branched into home mortgages.

"I just had a quick gander about ted cruz. He seems well embedded with the establishment as far as i can see. And you cannae help it eh? Everything back to race. So if as you claim it's all about race why does he do so well in texas?"

>>>Rafael Ted Cruz is Tea Party, which some consider establishment and others do not. As for race, why doesn't he run as Rafael in Texas? seems like he's setting the precident there. but after Mitt romney lost to Obama (Romney made a famous comment about the 47% of americans looking for a government handout, and that's how Obama got his second term from trump supporters, i think you asked before), the GOP had an "autopsy" and determined hispanics were going to outnumber angry white men, and that the GOP better cater to them. so, Jeb, Cruz, and Rubio broke ranks and began catering to Hispanic voters at levels the GOP hadn't before. in that way, ironically, they became anti-establishment.

"Do you never consider that folk may have genuine grievances about the way their lives are?...Psst. MAYBE folk voted the way they did because they had been abandoned by washington and were struggling?"

>>>its easy to understand. black lives matter, for example, is people having genuine grievances about being killed. does the average trump supporter support taking a knee as a statement? Bruce Jenner thought he had a grievance--did you find solidarity? so which grievance should politicians cater to? there's so many. and when the voter isn't struggling, what do they vote for then? the trump white house just said that global climate change is going to cost big bucks. should we wait until then to solve the problem? or should we do it cheaper now, maybe tax the rich a bit more to pay for it? how about all that money spent to send troops to the border, all that resulted in is rock throwing. let's get the money from wherever that came from.

"And once more race is used. From what we see on telly over here it seems not just white folk have guns."

>>>somewhere back in the 1960's, Black Panthers showed up at the california state house bearing guns, their constitutional right. freaked out governor Ronald Reagan, and soon there was a law to restrict that (because until 2008, gun rights were considered a state right, not an individual one)

"Personally i cannot fathom the sherman love of guns. And why machine guns can be purchased makes no sense to me."

>>>some boys love toys, but too many of them think they are a bulwark against government out of control. these self proclaimed militia types came out of the clinton era, when G. gordon Liddy told his radio audience to shoot for the head b/c law enforcement wore body armour. imagine, a conservative not supporting cops. it escalated to what we have today, Clive Bundy and his crew taking over a park in Oregon.

a few drone strikes, and those military grade "black rifles" are worthless.

"wrong--nationalism views the global agenda thru a nation first lens"

>>>which is why i said, nationalism believes they are better than others., populism seeks equality. hugo chavez, for example, was a populist who reached out to neighboring nations. and if you think populism sounds a bit like socialism...yep, you're right, and its why the GOP isn't selling it but Bernie Sanders did.

As for GM...for decades they sold cars at different price points--chevy was the cheapest, cadillac the highest. during their last restructure, they got rid of Oldsmobile and Pontiac, believing Buick could handle the demand--and Buicks sold better in China. well, guess what the tariff war has done to that. also, GM doesn't want customers to buy sedans, there isn't as much profit margin to be made (tho ironically, the old favorite vehicle, the minivan, was built on car chassis) when they have to be as luxurious as a Hyundai and be as cheap. now its crossovers and SUVs, both with engines big enough for hauling around heavily optioned vehicles. Tariffs have raised the cost of steel, which raises the price of cars.

ironically, when gas goes back to $4 a gallon, america will decide--as it did the last time--fuel efficient sedans are as good as they were all these decades they've been in existance. Detriot will simply import in whatever sedan they are making in europe or asia, and we will pay more for it since there'll be a tariff on it. As for the 14K out of work, maybe chump will replay the carrier fiasco--give millions in tax payer dollars and then lose employees anyway. it will be interesting to see, if those who blamed Obama for the labor situation, will believe trump is just as responsible.

the sad fact is, and has been said before, that the economy changes. all industries will eventually fall out of style, shed jobs, and a new industry will arise to meet consumer demand. Its sad and unfortunate and its as predictable as the rain. Our oil fields, for example, are doing well in states that have lost coal jobs. it behooves a laborer to keep track of where their industry is going. I used to work in a family run business in a small town, and when a big box competitor moved in to a neighboring town...you bet the smartest of us worried about the future of our business and our jobs.

labor has been in flux since the auto replaced the horse, electricity replaced gas lamps, oil furnaces in homes replaced coal, etc. Americans used to buy a new home, on average, every 5 years due to moving to better jobs. Factories up in my area, the winter snow belt, would move down to the southern states of florida and carolinas.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?