Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vlad dracul
Msg: 7928
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?Page 318 of 321    (281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321)
John
"somehow I just don't see the humor in 14000 jobs being lost."

Spot on mate. Those who suffer from TDS could not care less how many jobs get lost or how many workers are thrown on the scrapheap. As long as they can show their hatred of trump.

And because many of those working class folk voted for trump then they deserve all they get.

This below is from something called the daily kos. It displays the hatred the entitled feel for workers if they do not do what they are told..............

"For example, why should we weep for the retired coal miners who will now lose their health insurance thanks to the GOP majority—despite the best efforts of coal-state Democrats to change the outcome?"

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/12/12/1610198/-Be-happy-for-coal-miners-losing-their-health-insurance-They-re-getting-exactly-what-they-voted-for

The comments section of the article above was interesting reading. Apart from a few dissenting voices nearly all those who commented supported the main point of the article.

One geezer who posted though made a very good point. He said that homosexuals were told to use protection against aids when having sex. Did those who did not wear protection and got the virus deserve to die of aids? If not then why do coal miners deserve to not get healthcare because they voted the 'wrong way'.

We have the same over here regarding brexit. Vast tracts of the uk were de industrialised and workers discarded. In turn they voted brexit. Yet our globalists hope that many jobs will be lost.

Have a read at this and you will probably see the same thinking that drove brexit/trump votes............

‘We don’t exist to them, do we?’
‘Well all of us ******* who don’t exist are voting out tomorrow’.

Before the referendum, I had been working with a group of local working-class men and women in London’s East End as part of ‘The Great British Class Survey’ at the LSE.

However, for most working class people like ‘Sally’ and the other women, the debates were centred upon the constant struggle of their own lives, and they connected those struggles to their mothers’ and grandmothers’ hardships, but also to their children’s future.

They saw little hope that life would become fairer for them.

The referendum was a turning point for the women in east London.

They had not voted in the 2015 General Election: they had little interest or faith in a political system seated only three miles away when their daily and immediate situation needed constant attention.

When ‘Sally’ told me she was going to use her vote for the first time to leave, I asked her if she thought things would change for the better if we were to Brexit.

She said she didn’t know, and didn’t care. She just couldn’t stand things being the same."

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2018/01/15/we-dont-exist-to-them-do-we-why-working-class-people-voted-for-brexit/

Platy
"^^^ look on the bright side. A few hundred more likely jobs for steel workers. I can't handle all of the Trump winning."

Back to the same old same old eh? You were doing well with posts for a while as well. Ah well. So sad.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 7929
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 11/27/2018 8:53:06 AM
GTO
Have you ever heard of a uk politician called tony benn? He was a radical. He hated the eu with a vengeance. Bernie sanders will have known all about him and studied his points of view i would think.

They did meet. This is an extract from tony benns last diary..............

https://mobile.twitter.com/olit93/status/720741080413642753

But it is interesting what you say about ted cruz not using his full name. Tony benn never used his either. It was Anthony Neil Wedgwood Benn. He also inherited a title. 2nd Viscount Stansgate.

But because of the title he could not stand as an mp. So he renounced the title and became tony benn.

Anyway tony benn believed in democracy. And his great belief in democracy got him to say that those in positions of economic, social and political power should answer five questions

“What power have you got?”

“Where did you get it from?”

“In whose interests do you use it?”

“To whom are you accountable?”

“How do we get rid of you?”

Now tony benn despised the tories. He had a belief in the working class. I never heard him berate working class folk for the way they chose to vote. I never heard him wish working folk got no health care because of the way they chose to vote.

Argument and workable policies that bettered the lot of the working class were his weapons. Yes attack the ruling class and the government of the time. Expose the government of the day about falsehoods.

But NEVER attack those who voted the way they did. They had THEIR reasons for voting how they did.

Compare that to what the globalists are like commenting regarding brexit/trump. Globalists blame voters rather than the fact they never had any convincing argument to win the demos over.

As i posted on another thread. Sanders was asked about mass migration to shermanland. He opposed it because american workers would suffer. Immigration is in the top three political crisis' in the west. Maybe the democrats should try and form a policy regarding immigration.............

"In July 2015, two months after officially announcing his candidacy for president, Sanders was interviewed by Ezra Klein, the editor in chief of Vox.

Klein asked whether, in order to fight global poverty, the U.S. should consider “sharply raising the level of immigration we permit, even up to a level of open borders.”

Sanders reacted with horror. “That’s a Koch brothers proposal,” he scoffed. He went on to insist that “right-wing people in this country would love … an open-border policy. Bring in all kinds of people, work for $2 or $3 an hour, that would be great for them. "I don’t believe in that. I think we have to raise wages in this country.”

"Sanders came under immediate attack. Vox’s Dylan Matthews declared that his “fear of immigrant labor is ugly—and wrongheaded.” The president of FWD.us accused Sanders of “the sort of backward-looking thinking that progressives have rightly moved away from in the past years.”

ThinkProgress published a blog post titled “Why Immigration Is the Hole in Bernie Sanders’ Progressive Agenda.” The senator, it argued, was supporting “the idea that immigrants coming to the U.S. are taking jobs and hurting the economy, a theory that has been proven incorrect.”

"Sanders stopped emphasizing immigration’s costs. By January 2016, FWD.us’s policy director noted with satisfaction that he had “evolved on this issue.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/07/the-democrats-immigration-mistake/528678/
 platitude545
Msg: 7930
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2018 9:35:09 AM

Back to the same old same old eh? You were doing well with posts for a while as well. Ah well. So sad.

Not sure what you are talking about Vlad. I have always agreed with you for the reasons Trump was elected. Where we differ is in our assessments of the man. I see him as nothing but a Grifter, a manipulator extraordinaire but when it comes to his ability to manage the Country, a total and complete failure. And whether you admit it or not, his trade policies are going to play havoc with the world's economies, as are his tax cuts speeding the US to a day in the future of Financial Reckoning. He does not understand global trade, economics or any of the other basics necessary to make competent decisions and he refuses to rely on the advice of those people who actually know things.

But worse, he is a mentally ill, narcissistic man who truly believes he knows better than anyone else about any subject, whether it be the military, the economy, climate change or any other important subject. When asked what he gave thanks for during Thanksgiving, he gave thanks for himself and his delusion he has accomplished positive things for our country.

And then there is his not believing in Climate Change....the dufas rejects the science...because even though he has zero background in climate science...he knows better.

It is almost as if God decided who is the worst man to make President at the worst time in history so I can destroy the United States and the World along with it.

That is what we have for our fearless Leader.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 7931
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2018 9:56:27 AM
I think glad was saying you've been doing well and he's sad to see your newest decline.

platy... you seem to view yourself as a leader of this humble board of pedestrians...

in your esteemed position, how much self-hate is an acceptable level?
say... of a 64 year old child?

editvvv
do you hate others ... would you say more so or less so... on a scale of 1 to 10
than yourself?
no need to answer aloud.

watch "how to basic" how to save a drowning child.
please

oh fyi... "the people" who you seem to hate so much are members of the
electoral college. because like yunno... none of "us" chose him over Hillary
in any meaningful way...

how much did trump cut your taxes by?
 platitude545
Msg: 7932
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2018 10:13:00 AM
^^^ it is ever amusing to me that you are a racist, anti-Semitic, brain-damaged fraud of a man who spends his time reading and posting on Stormfront, and then you, of all people, accuse me of being a hater. Go back to your posts where you accuse Jews of believing non-jews to be cattle. You are an ignorant, stupid, fuked up to the nth degree of a man, and anybody who has read your posts over the years knows it.

You sound better when you speak in your normal Gibberish...I know I know...what with that 160 IQ you claim to have, you just can't help it...all of these free thoughts come into your head.

What don't you take that tiki torch you are so fond of and stick it up your rear end? you fing loser.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 7933
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2018 10:14:08 AM

John
"somehow I just don't see the humor in 14000 jobs being lost."

Spot on mate. Those who suffer from TDS could not care less how many jobs get lost or how many workers are thrown on the scrapheap. As long as they can show their hatred of trump.

And because many of those working class folk voted for trump then they deserve all they get.
gloating over their lose shows their true character, not very liberal at all. growing up near Pittsburgh (the steel city) I saw firsthand the effects, and the ripple effects into EVERY other job. 40 years later, we still have ghost towns and slums. the govt. 'help' to retrain everyone as computer programmers was comparable to teaching horses to fly and eagles to pull a wagon! the coal miners? I knew many! the bigger underground mines are over an hour from here but strip mining was everywhere, I owned property that was stripped before I purchased it. there are MANY homes like in your link and modern day ghost towns left behind. I know people that work/worked at lordstown. it is an hour from here. not only are all the gm jobs gone, so are many others. the area will die a slow death! I will see the effects once again first hand. the upside? they can google an outsiders view, justify it and claim a WIN for the left!
 platitude545
Msg: 7934
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2018 10:18:56 AM
^^ you don't get it John....people are simply mocking Trump...who claimed to be a genius who will save the auto workers and bring all of those jobs back. nobody is happy about people losing work....on the otherhand, it is those same people who bought into the Grifter and helped make him President. The man than gave huge tax-cuts to the same people who have laid off the 15,000, and created the trade policies that have increased GMs costs by more than one billion to date...and counting. Don't you see the irony in the whole thing?

Meanwhile, us "libtards" have been warning the conservatives since Trump announced he was running for President exactly what was going to happen.

Don't blame us...put the blame where it belongs...on the dumb, blind and deaf.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 7935
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2018 11:07:09 AM
yes, I get the irony, but it isn't a 'win' for either side. while I somewhat agree with your post, local talk is plant is being phased out for electric and driverless cars and has little to do with the increased costs. I am neither accepting nor denying that. you could of left out "Don't blame us...put the blame where it belongs...on the dumb, blind and deaf." as it served no purpose. many of them, along with those generations before, could care less about politics. they just wanted to preserve their way of life. trump wasn't the best lifeline, it was the only one! he, at the very least, appears to be addressing the concerns of many that were ignored in the past. the 1950's are long gone and I am not so naive as to believe it is coming back but many jobs are tossed out and explained away without addressing the issue. wall street or welfare, what about the skilled worker that isn't college bound? those jobs are either sent across the border or workers come in to take 'the jobs we don't want'! there may not be a market for tea pots and wagon wheels but look at all the things we import that could be made here. those jobs fill the gap between the lazy and the highly educated. that gap is what has been ignored and why so many went to the polls this election. not diehard republicans or even trump supporters but just people wanting decent jobs.
 platitude545
Msg: 7936
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2018 11:21:01 AM
^^^ even if you are correct about the above...and we have disagreements even there, it should have been no mystery to any who were paying attention that Trump...given his history...would have or could have done anything to make things better for the people. And now the facts are bearing out he made things worse...and I predict much worse....because he doesn't care and he couldn't be bothered to make the effort to learn what economic policies might really help the people. He loves the rallies and people grovelling before him...like any cult leader....but he deserves none of the adulation he gets from his cultists because he has done zero for them...and doesn't even try to do so.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 7937
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2018 12:04:08 PM
"Don't blame us...put the blame where it belongs...on the dumb, blind and deaf."

why would anyone blame those folks?
assured they would not choose those afflictions...
save the vow of silence types.

the popular vote did not put trump in office. period.
no one here got ANY say in it...

but "we" are your sworn "enemy"...
random folks on the internet. your "friends". your "enemies".

this is a discussion board.
views are expressed, debate is to be had, one can choose to learn and grow and be healthy...
or choose the inverse. no one is tricking you into being a kinder, more educated fuck head.
in fact... nm

it's deaf, dumb, blind. btw
how horrible to malign folks without color... that would be like us teasing you for being white.
 platitude545
Msg: 7938
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2018 12:14:25 PM
^^^^^ is it ever possible for you to write in a coherent manner? Reading your rantings is just not worth the effort. Yes this is a discussion board...so...does mean you can not be called out for the piece of cr^p that you are....do we need to ignore your huge shortcomings because this is a message board? That does not make a lot of sense does it.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 7939
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2018 12:55:34 PM
so skip me by you ludicrous bitch.
move hither and yon with your malcontent.

or maybe just come up with some Whittier content.
the drum you beat is bringing in the wrong sort of fellow.

we already know you are shallow of throat.

*you just can't fit the whole thing in your mouth...
that's ok. no one is even asking you to.

in fact, the opposite.
leave me alone you unbalanced yard sale of a rotten gash.
 platitude545
Msg: 7940
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2018 1:27:42 PM
Listen up oh great brain damaged one...you've been stalking me for years....i'll be happy to ignore you, you just have to be willing to ignore me. Wasting time on you is simply beneath me

rednwhiterider
Msg: 7941
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2018 3:16:37 PM
lol...
I could have started a new Corp this year but instead wanted to pay my taxes in order to help fools like you. why do you just **** and refuse the system?

order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.

fool. that's why. fool.

if you had a go fund me page..
I would hand delivered your amount.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 7942
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2018 9:59:45 PM
It's looking like the sooner we can get rid of this nut job the better off we will all be.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 7943
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2018 8:03:53 AM
vlad, I liked the atlantic article, and not just b/c it repeated my point about how we should seek equality (ie, populism) rather than try to separate us into identity politics (ie, nationalism, isolationism). I didn't know of Tony Benn, but it was interesting he didn't attack people for the way they voted. you had an editorial (do only the Europeans call them "leaders"?) about not feeling sorry for coal miners who voted against health care by voting Trump. It wasn't just the coal miners losing Obamacare, but the nation. so the supporters of that op-ed piece were voting their way--should the Trump supporters let that slide and not call them intollerant?

"local talk is the GM plant is being phased out for electric and driverless cars and has little to do with the increased costs."

>>>GM sells few electric cars, they killed the EV when they had it, so i'm not sure i put a lot of stock in the local rumor. of course, electric cars are an answer to Obama fuel efficiency regulations, and Trump killed those, so maybe if trump had just not killed them, and listened to the environment report coming out of his government, there may have been a need to keep the plant open to make those electric cars. as for self driving, i think only the cadillac is doing that now. but GM isn't the only manufacturer complaining about the high price of raw materials due to Trump's tariff war. i know its favorable to complain about global trade treaties, but its surprising how many jobs exist because of them. more damning, of course, is that tax cut for the rich. we learned from Reagan, trickle down economics do not work. what is ironic, is one of the plants being closed, was "emininent domained" out of a poor neighborhood in the 1980's.

"the 1950's are long gone and I am not so naive as to believe it is coming back but many jobs are tossed out and explained away without addressing the issue."

>>>well, the issue is...the 1950's are long gone. america has global competition it didn't have while nations rebuilt from the damage of WW2, and there weren't as many computers. you didn't need a college degree to pump gas, but now customers swipe a card and do it themselves. the GI bill after WW2 sent quite a few vets to college, and sent my dad after Korea. we wanted educated workers to send us to the moon and out-tech the dreaded soviet threat.

"there may not be a market for tea pots and wagon wheels but look at all the things we import that could be made here. "

>>>but who would pay what those items cost? not the trump supporters shopping at Wal Mart. maybe those elite liberals who shop locally or at Whole Foods and out of the Sharper Image catalog that conservatives scoff at? some conservatives are threatening to not buy GM products after what was done--if so, that results in fewer sales, and more layoffs. i know vlad couldn't wait for the cheap products from China i had mentioned, but lower prices lead to people being able to afford the middle class lifestyle without the middle class paycheck. unfortunately, this placates people into not standing up for a higher paycheck against the GOPs attempts to hurt the working class (voting for right to work, getting rid of health care, trying to privatize social security, etc)
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 7944
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2018 8:38:49 AM
"there may not be a market for tea pots and wagon wheels but look at all the things we import that could be made here."

Do you mean things like Donald and Ivanka Trump's clothing lines and those infamous MAGA hats, which are all made outside of the U.S. because of cheap labor? Shouldn't Trump be leading the charge to have everything made in the U.S. by example? It's a classic case of "Do as I say. Don't do as I do."
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 7945
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2018 9:52:15 AM
snopes says you are mistaken... or plain old lying.
it might take you one minute of research to find that out.
official maga hats are made here...

do you find it easier to just make things up?
or is that. like.. the plan from the beginning.
 platitude545
Msg: 7946
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2018 10:12:32 AM
^^^^ who gives a fuk....your cult leader is an idiot...helping to destroy the economy through his brainless trade deals...because the moron know more than every expert economist in the country....let by his very ample Gut. And yea...lots of his good are produced overseas, ties he sells...etc......does it really matter where his "official" hats are manufactured?
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 7947
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2018 10:49:14 AM
some folks like the truth, others like a made up reality...

interesting that if you contradict a person who believes in a made up reality,
one automatically becomes a cultist, or nazi, or insert your own derogatory term here.

I think disagreements are normal and fine.
lies and libel... not so much.

what's wrong with civility?

one can agree partially, without embracing ALL of a particular thing.

like ice cream cake.
I like the fudgie layer but not the other layers...
all or nothing is very narrow minded.

bigotry by definition.
 2Irish123
Msg: 7948
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2018 2:12:40 PM
While MAGA hats are made in America, much of the tRump clothing line is not:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/08/26/how-many-trump-products-were-made-overseas-heres-the-complete-list/?utm_term=.7de9e2b67ea0
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 7949
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2018 3:14:17 PM
wouldn't trump then be FOR cheap migrant labor???

did you think your position through?

or does he profit in shipping as well?
ice is selling shares?

your own article highlights the facts of what is transpiring.
 platitude545
Msg: 7950
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2018 4:01:37 PM
^^^^^ of course he is for cheap migrant labor, who do you think builds most of his buildings? And he still cheats them knowing he can't fight back.

rednwhiterider
Msg: 7951
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2018 4:09:23 PM
but you see... if he had more to gain by exploiting people that are "brown"...
he would have opened the border.

simple math man.
order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 7952
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2018 7:20:04 PM
I'm starting to think the Trumpstain on our Presidency and Executive branch may just last the full 4 years.....

I guess I am saying it just might take the truth that long to catch up to him.... Maybe not . ...Time, the slow grinding wheels of our system and public opinion could lessen Trumps reign?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?