Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8029
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?Page 322 of 326    (286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326)
Shut 'er down! :D
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 8030
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump go quietly into that good night
Posted: 12/21/2018 6:28:31 PM
LaFou wrote:
You do realize that Wal-mart type jobs are service sector jobs....as opposed to GM type manufacturing jobs that required a higher skill set...........the reality is that few if any of these manufacturing jobs will ever return to our shores, regardless of the "tariffs" that Trump speaks of.............Big industry is quite content to have a working force that gets paid a fraction of what the American counter part gets paid; without any union/labor rights pressures and with friendly governements who will bend over backward to keep these plants on their soil!...making sure that the cost of doing business will be far less than anywhere in North america.
Of course I realize all this. Guess I don't see your point. So the economy is producing low skill, low wage jobs, while the "higher skill set" manufacturing jobs go offshore should be a good thing?

Guess all those laid off auto manufacturing workers should go back to school - mid life - to learn algoromithic stock trading, or become brain surgeons or lawyers. Or don the blue vest?
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8031
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2018 6:33:32 PM
^Only in the short term. Blue collar jobs today....and tomorrow...AI...swallows the the white collar jobs.

What then?

Guess we all learn to enjoy living in thr Matrix. Or are we already living in one?:)
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 8032
view profile
History
Trumps Govt. shutdown = No figgy pudding...
Posted: 12/21/2018 6:50:25 PM
He hasn't shut the Govt. down yet but it seems to be headed that way as of now 9:44 Pm. All over funding for a wall that we don't need and even if we did, was supposed to be paid for by Mexico.

Border security isn't a wall but technology and personell and an investment in that instead of a..... wall..... Spend the money wisely, don't be a chump Trump.

Will this endear enough of Trumps faithful to help him last his term? Depends on how much fact his followers can deny. Trumps Christmas shutdown.

Wonder if any of his billionaire backers and dastardly dictators who he loves will be affected by this? It's obvious he cares not.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 8033
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 12/21/2018 6:57:48 PM

Msg: 8032
All over funding for a wall that we don't need and even if we did, was supposed to be paid for by Mexico.

2016 = Comrade Trump = who's going to pay for the wall?
MAGA = MEXICO!!!

2018 = Comrade Trump = who's going to pay for the wall?
MAGA = US!!! We started a GoFundMe!

MAGA: My Attorney Got Arrested.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8034
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2018 7:01:45 PM
"Border security isn't a wall but technology and personell and an investment in that instead of a..... wall..... Spend the money wisely, don't be a chump Trump."

If walls don't work....why do they exist?
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 8035
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2018 7:08:08 PM
What also saddens me is him and his backers would sooner fund a unneeded wall over strengthening legislation to keep people on their healthcare. Regardless of pre existing conditions.

If they must build a wall they ought to build one around Mar a Lago with Trump sealed inside without a cellphone.

Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 8036
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2018 7:14:13 PM

“They’re about to have a country where no Republican will ever be elected president again. Trump will just have been a joke presidency who scammed the American people, amused the populist for a while, but he'll have no legacy whatsoever...." Ann Coulter .... 12/19/18.

Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 8037
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2018 7:17:01 PM
8034, they've been around forever but they are items of the past. Technology, personell are better. Walls and fences are for penning in cattle, or prisoners.

They work great if you want to relegate people to the status of cattle.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8038
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2018 7:25:35 PM
^Are you saying those of higher socioeconomic means are "cattle"?

Explain to me the difference between the purpose of a personal property wall and a border wall?

"Good fences...." and all that. :)
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 8039
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2018 7:39:54 PM
8038 Depends on which side of the wall or fence you are on. All I am saying is there are BETTER and more humane ways to secure our border than a STUPID and politically symbolic wall. As I said, use personell and technology and use both to screen immigrants/ asylum seekers and weed out the bad from the good. Spend our tax $$ wisely.

Trump is pushing this so he can have some kind of a legacy. I don't care for the fact he is using My and our tax money to make a name for himself. I also don't care for the fact he is using the might of OUR country to treat these people like....Cattle.

I let my representative know of this and the last election where the border fiasco was being used as a election issue [midterm 18] turned out just dandy for a lot of the Republicans who pushed this, didn't it?
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 8040
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2018 7:42:59 PM
Baldwin wrote:
>>>i'm surprised, Ss454...i thought you knew more about the american economy than that propaganda.
Not sure what "propaganda" I've been listening to, if what I wrote is untrue. Wasn't GM the largest employer at a point decades ago? Isn't Wal Mart the largest employer now? I didn't look it up and won't now, but seems I've heard that on left wing talk radio, radio that supports Dems fyi.

if you listen to the news this past month, you heard Trump talk about all the money made selling weaponry to the Saudis
Trump is saying what has always been true, though. He just has the b*lls, or more likely idiocy, to outright declare it. Even I'd imagine under Obama, Clinton, or any U.S. Prez in the era of Saudi's elevation to the world's largest oil producer. So where was the criticism of Obama, who I assume tacitly supported the same arms sales to SA? Even though we've always known SA is a ruthless dictatorship with few human rights? Yes I do know Obama tried to regulate the use of sales of some types of arms to SA...but overall, we've always looked the other way from many policies and actions taken by the SA government that we'd wax outrage over if, say Russia or Iran did the same.

Also, if you keep up on the news, you know that american farmers sell soy to china--or at least they used to. this fiscal year, farm bankrupcies are up 50% b/c soy sales to china went down 90%.
Yes, I did know that, so what's your point? I've always maintained that it's riduculous to wax outrage over blowing up a trade system that elevates an industry in the U.S. with low wages and uses ~75% illegal immigrant labor at the expense of sending good paying jobs, higher tech jobs overseas. So while it's unfortunate, and food production should always be given key attention, I don't sweat for the farmers that much. .If free trade is so valuable to the U.S, then why are farmers and all their dirty, unskilled, low wage, illegal immigrant work being held up as the main victim? What happened to all those "good" jobs free trade was supposed to bring us? They never came, is the dirty dark secret that bankers want to keep hidden well out of sight. And they've done a pretty good job at that.

Why would he do that, if it didn't benefit the american worker? you're not implying he's out to screw american workers, are you? that would make those who voted for him, rather silly.
See above.
 RickeyGelina
Msg: 8041
Posted: 12/21/2018 7:49:23 PM
I really hope he ends up in prison. I HATE the Reich wing.
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 8042
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2018 8:59:57 PM
@ 8030.................... SS4544

So the economy is producing low skill, low wage jobs, while the "higher skill set" manufacturing jobs go offshore should be a good thing?

It depends on how you see it............Big industry saw the cost of doing business rise out of proportion (due to labor, economic and union pressures) to the spending power of the public....and lobbied politicians for them to shift their production off shores so their profit margin remained good, and the retail costs of the product kept in line with public buyer perceptions....obviously it resulted in people losing their jobs as higher skilled workers....and were forced into different lines of work....and I'm sure most adjusted to it.

The other "good thing" for the US governement is that they got more leverage in the countries where US manufacturing got shifted to.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 8043
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2018 9:37:53 AM
on a side note, the tech sector in america says it needs to go outside the country to find skilled workers to bring here on visas. meanwhile our schools are pushing STEM...apparently they agree too, not enough graduates for tech jobs to fill the vacancies, since they too see a need to make more grads in the science/tech fields. Maybe everyones' trying to graduate in finance and be the next gordon gecko :)
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 8044
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2018 11:25:41 AM
"A shutdown falls on the president's lack of leadership. He can't even control his party and get people together in a room. A shutdown means the president is weak.".... Donald J. trump - 2013.

Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 8045
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2018 12:39:00 PM
Another One Bites The Dust.

"A shutdown falls on the president's lack of leadership. He can't even control his party and get people together in a room. A shutdown means the president is weak."
- Donald J. Trump - 2013.

U.S. Envoy To Anti-ISIS Coalition Brett McGurk Quits Over Trump’s Syria Move

Brett McGurk, the U.S. envoy to the global coalition fighting the Islamic State group, has resigned in protest to President Donald Trump’s abrupt decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria, joining Defense Secretary Jim Mattis in an administration exodus of experienced national security officials.

Only 11 days ago, McGurk had said it would be “reckless” to consider IS defeated and therefore would be unwise to bring American forces home. He decided to speed up his plan to leave in mid-February.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/brett-mcgurk-anti-isis-coalition-quits-trump-syria_us_5c1e6fdae4b05c88b6f932d2
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8046
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2018 6:26:27 PM
Msg: 8037

"Depends on which side of the wall or fence you are on. All I am saying is there are BETTER and more humane ways to secure our border than a STUPID and politically symbolic wall. As I said, use personell and technology and use both to screen immigrants/ asylum seekers and weed out the bad from the good. Spend our tax $$ wisely. "

I would like to say you are being intellectually dishonest here but I just can't. I don't say this in an attempt to personally attack you but your response lacks logic and indicates a deficiency in critical thinking skills.

I believe your are allowing emotion to rule over facts.

Be sure to ask your Representative if they have a wall/ fence around their house. And if they do...demand they take it down.

Don't ask of others what you, first, won't do yourself. ;) ;)
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 8047
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2018 7:57:31 PM
8046^^^ Does'nt matter if my Rep. has A fence around their private property or not. Why should it?

If he or she is paying the taxes on said property then he or she is free to do as they wish with said property within local building codes, laws etc. I have a privacy fence around my back yard. I paid for it and also am paying the property taxes on my private property. I own this private property and am the sole payer of it's taxes.

I do not own property on our southern border with Mexico. I can however let my Reps in Senate and Congress know how I feel about a wall being built there. I can let them know that I [and many other] citizens feel this is not just unnecessary but also a waste of taxpayer dollars. I can do this because as a citizen I have a voice in how things are done on PUBLIC property.

Just like all other citizens, whether they are for or against a wall that was originally supposed to be paid for by Mexico.

platitude545
Msg: 8048
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2018 1:07:12 PM
"""I would like to say you are being intellectually dishonest here but I just can't. I don't say this in an attempt to personally attack you but your response lacks logic and indicates a deficiency in critical thinking skills. """

My gosh. Can't believe yoo accused dorami of being dishonest here when he is absolutely riight. You can go over, under and around walls. There are far more efficient and less costly measures then a trump wall to secure the borders.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 8049
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2018 1:57:10 PM

You can go over, under and around walls

How long is US Mexico border?

Image: latinovations.com
The border between the United States and Mexico stretches 3,145 kilometers (1,954 miles), from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean. In some places, the border is only marked by a sign or a fence.

This is a hellava lot of miles. The land along the Rio Grande is often owned by private citizens. There are numerous towns built on the Rio Grande. Big Bend National park in Texas abuts the Rio Grande.
There is no logic, whatsoever to even suggest building a wall, between the 2 countries.

I am hardly fearful of the illegals coming across the US/Mexican border. I have a real fear of "illegals" coming to my country and taking over passenger planes. Remember 9/11?
If bad people want to do bad things, no F'N wall is going to stop them. The issue is not how to reduce illegal border crossings. It's "How can I push my weight around, lie to the American public and get away with it".
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8050
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2018 2:26:37 PM
Msg: 8048

"There are far more efficient and less costly measures then a trump wall to secure the borders."

I am going to try this nice and slow.

If walls are inefficient and costly for security purposes then please explain the purpose of walls surrounding personal and public property.

That is a very simple question, please, try to answer honestly.

Also, why do you feel you are the expert as to what is efficient and costly for our border? Do you work for Homeland Security?
 platitude545
Msg: 8051
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2018 2:32:45 PM
Fences around personal homes are not for security. They are for privacy and in fact potentially make a home less secure if people can hide their breaking into a house by hiding behind a fence.

Walls surrounding public properties for security..you mean in addition to the walls of the building itself? You have an example? Even the whitehouse is not surrounded by walls.

Israel uses a wall and fences to keep out terrorists..but mainly electronically secure fences.
But not one for thousands of miles...and besides the "illegals" entering the us from mexico commit far fewer crimes on a percentage basis then us citizens. They are not terrorists..as for drugs.walls will never stop the flow..just may make drugs more expensive.

The wall proposed by ttump is a stupid idea meant to manipulate and fire up trumps low iq base. Dems know it, so do the repubs, which is why trump is never getting his wall.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8052
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2018 2:49:58 PM
^You are being dishonest. Walls around higher socioeconomic subdivisions or stand alone homes are not only for privacy. Security along with other functions such as delineating property lines. A wall or fence in combination with tech (cameras, motion sensors, lighting etc.) and security personal is quite effective in reducing unwanted and uninvited persons onto your propetty. Fact. It is why those with higher socioeconomic means pay for such measures.

I say, our country deserves the same care that those of higher income status take toward their own personal property.

And...many schools incorporate walls, fences and gates as part of their security protocol.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 8053
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2018 3:18:12 PM
Defense Secretary Jim Mattis hurt the feelings of the Tangerine Toddler-In-Chief so he had to leave January 1st, instead of February 28 as stated in his resignation letter. Wahhhhhhh. He was mean to me in the letter! Wahhhhhhh.

Trump Gives Defense Secretary James Mattis the Boot 2 Months Early

https://www.theroot.com/trump-gives-defense-secretary-james-mattis-the-boot-2-m-1831287332
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?