Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 8054
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump go quietly into that good nightPage 323 of 326    (286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326)
La Fou wrote:

It depends on how you see it............Big industry saw the cost of doing business rise out of proportion (due to labor, economic and union pressures) to the spending power of the public....and lobbied politicians so U.S. companies could shift jobs offshore.
Sounds about right. Blame labor. The business elite/investors can expect wildly high, and growing rewards from capitalism, while labor basically eats dirt. It should be no surprise inquality is rising and the middle class is disappearing. Not a surprise at all. With support of Democrats.

The populist pushback, i.e., Trump is understandable, and is something we, as a society entirely deserved - considering this group (labor) was tossed aside by Democrats, who found it better to accept money from Wall Street/capitalists and focus on ID politics instead.

for them to shift their production off shores so their profit margin remained good,
Again, sounds about right. Every aspect of our lives are expected to conform in lockstep to maximum profit margin requirements from Wall Street.

...obviously it resulted in people losing their jobs as higher skilled workers....and were forced into different lines of work....and I'm sure most adjusted to it.
Yes, they adjusted by going on the dole, and/or otherwise milking the goverenment largessesse as much as possible (Medicaid, WIP, SNAP, Obamacare, etc. etc. and/or getting 2nd and 3rd jobs. After all, part of Wallyworld's HR Dept's responsibilities is to make sure their employees are completely knowledgeable about where to apply for various government benefits.

The other "good thing" for the US governement is that they got more leverage in the countries where US manufacturing got shifted to.
This is true. But that's the hidden reason the elites embrace "free trade" Of course, we all know the unofficial ulterior motives behind "Free trade" are 1.) Bargaining chips/spreading our influence as you note, and 2.) to increase the wealth and power of the elites.

Whether the U.S middle class, or working class would benefit, was really beside the point, as long as they bought the general line of BS, AKA as the "Official" reasons why we need free trade. That "Official" reason, in other words, the marketing schpiel sold to the American people, also known as gullible sheep, are "better jobs" or a "better future". Nope.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 8055
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 12/24/2018 5:05:37 PM
Here's a bit of reality for the orange clown fan boys, stocks are on pace for their worst December since the Great Depression. You let that sink in.

Even the Trumpsters in my Twitter feed finally stopped trying to defend him as they have watched their 401ks drop.

On Friday, the Dow ended its worst week since 2008. The Nasdaq is in a bear market. The stock market opened 200 points lower today and hasn't stopped dropping yet.

Thanks Comrade Trump.

Btw, your dear leader is throwing a temper tantrum whining he is all alone in the White House. Maybe one of his POF loyal sycophants would go and keep him company.

Fox News is reporting that Comrade Trump has stripped down to his underpants and was last seen running down Pennsylvania Avenue screaming and flailing his hands, believing that he was engulfed by "invisible fire." Sara Sanders and Vice President Pence were last reported chasing after Trump with buckets of invisible water.

How could he run with bone spurs? Maybe he was just riding in a golf cart and flailing his arms wildly. Was that him who tried to climb the National Xmas tree Friday night?

Feliz Navidad!!!!
 RickeyGelina
Msg: 8056
Posted: 12/24/2018 5:39:00 PM
LOL, that last quote has to be a parody, but it's hard to tell with that moron. A sort of form of Poe's Law?
 daynadaze
Msg: 8057
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2018 12:16:03 AM
His wife refused to be a first lady, then she sort a was there, now she's all hot for her crazy husband, so I am guessing she has had at least two, maybe three big raises in her throphy wife pay. Does he pay her with taxpayer's money?
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 8058
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump go quietly into that good night
Posted: 12/26/2018 9:38:33 AM
Why do people build walls? for a foolish false sense of security. schools used to build walls for a real reason--to keep the little ones from running off the playground into the street while the school played en loco parentis. then the war on drugs meant walls to outline the "drug free zones". didn't do much to keep out drugs, nor active shooters. and how did the Maginot Line work out for France? Privacy fences don't do much either in an age of drones and google earth. Trumpanzees love to point out how many immigrants Obama rounded up...but wait...Obama didn't have the wall chump wants...yet Obama still cut down immigration....but he didn't have the wall...but he cut down immigration...but he...

its like telling trumpanzees to sit in the corner of a round room :) admit it, chump won't get Mexico to pay for the wall, so the campaign promise is dead. Chump hasn't used the money congress already gave him, therefore, he deserves no more. remember when you asked for cake this Christmas, and mommy pointed out you hadn't finished your vegetables yet?

" Blame labor. The business elite/investors can expect wildly high, and growing rewards from capitalism, while labor basically eats dirt. It should be no surprise inquality is rising and the middle class is disappearing. Not a surprise at all."

>>>one of the dirty little secrets about the paycheck of Joe Lunchbox is, it hasn't had to keep up with cost of living b/c instead of raises, Joe got...benefits and Christmas bonuses. Which the company can deduct on their taxes. slick, aintit? but let's not slam them for "going on the dole or milking the government largess as much as possible". if it wasn't for democrats giving them health care and other social safety nets, the wal mart workers wouldn't have a dole to go on. the working man walked away from the dems to embrace reagan's trickle down economics, and the dems followed the republicants to where the money was.

as for free trade, if NAFTA was so bad, why did chump re-instate it? apparently someone's earning a living off it. now, its true, america is going to have to change jobs to stay alive. i exist in one of the original thirteen colonies, and we were industrial while the confederate south was still agricultural. but, we've lost our jobs, they went to the southern states SS454 grew up in. That's the way the economy works. some of my state is still economically depressed, b/c jobs making cotton shirts for the Union boys won't be coming back. but the other side of my homestate shifted to modern ways of making a living, and they're doing ok.

i do feel bad for the trumpanzees, however. they kept saying chump is a businessman. yet he's the first to take a good economy handed to him by Obama, and turn a "santa claus rally" into the worst pre-christmas day on wall street. that market fall wasn't expected until at least 2020, but chump brought it along by sowing chaos into the white house with all his cabinet shuffling and saying he doesn't trust the wall street guys he hired to run the economy.
 daynadaze
Msg: 8059
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2018 9:58:15 AM
How much of that 5 billion, if anyone was dumb enough to give it to him, would Trump pocket?
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 8060
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2018 10:20:35 AM
^^Probably at least the same amount he got from Boeing, for giving them a $24 million contract to replace the fridges on Air Force One.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 8061
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2018 4:11:04 PM
The daughters of Dr. Larry Braunstein, Cadet Bone Spurs podiatrist speaks out.

MAGA: My Attorney Got Arrested.

Daughters of foot doctor say he diagnosed Trump with bone spurs as 'favor' to Fred Trump

The daughters of a Queens foot doctor say their late father diagnosed President Donald Trump with bone spurs to help him avoid the Vietnam War draft as a "favor" to his father Fred Trump, according to a new report Wednesday.

Dr. Larry Braunstein, a podiatrist who died in 2007, often told the story of providing Donald Trump with the diagnosis of bone spurs in his heels so he could be exempt from military service, his two daughters -- Dr. Elysa Braunstein and Sharon Kessel -- told the New York Times.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/26/politics/trump-bone-spurs-vietnam-war/index.html
 Forereels
Msg: 8062
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2018 5:17:19 PM
"The Times did not find documentation to help corroborate the family's account, who described themselves as Democrats who dislike Trump, and Elysa Braunstein was unsure whether her father ever examined Donald Trump."
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8063
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2018 5:18:56 PM
"Obama didn't have the wall chump wants...yet Obama still cut down immigration....but he didn't have the wall...but he cut down immigration...but he..."

Yeah, Obama put kids in cages, instead. Great policy that turned out to be.

Good fences....do make good neighbors. #BuildTheWall Or a steel fence with spikes, that works, too.
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 8064
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2018 5:22:00 PM
^^

excerpt from article cited

"The Times did not find documentation to help corroborate the family's account, who described themselves as Democrats who dislike Trump, and Elysa Braunstein was unsure whether her father ever examined Donald Trump. "

The presence (or absence) of bone spurs can be shown by Xray........it is the sure way (at the time) that this could have been detected.........it would be interesting to see if the US military asked for proof of the claim that he had spurs....and if they even questioned it!

The medical records themselves probably no longer exist as the statute of limitations has long expired.....but the military should have examined him themselves...........this is because even by Xray, you can easily get a person (who actually has bone spurs) to be a "stand in" for Trump......so it would have been Trump's name, affixed to another pereson's X-ray films...I could easily see that having happened...back then!!!
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 8065
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2018 7:19:22 PM
8064... What amazes me about Trump is that everyone seems to know he is a scoundrel. Even those who love him and have their noses planted firmly up his rear.

What makes me wonder about it all is that even through the investigations, Trump's everyday outright lying , his stupid snap decisions, his love of ruthless dictators, and insistence on a unnecessary wall.....Well, even knowing all that, some still think he is OK and a good and proper leader. Why is beyond my comprehension I admit.

And, having said that I think Trump may just get another 4..... But, it won't be because of me.
 platitude545
Msg: 8066
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2018 8:44:41 AM
Doremi, i agree with you only in part. Among his base, sure they still support him. He is one of them. Politicians, not so sure...they support him for his base..probably hold their noses though.

I'm thinking even kj is starting to have her doubts about now.

But one thing even i will give trump...throwing a wrench into the American war machine. If he at the same time reduced the Pentagon's budget by a few hundred billion, he would get great kudos from me.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8067
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2018 11:13:27 AM
This is awkward. :/

"Liberal billionaire apologizes for funding 'false flag' effort to link Kremlin to Republican in Alabama Senate race"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/liberal-billionaire-apologizes-for-funding-false-flag-effort-to-link-kremlin-to-republican-in-alabama-senate-race

With liberal gaslighting like this....prepare for 6 more yrs of Trump.

Democrats=Russian bots! Lol!
 Noftheborder
Msg: 8068
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2018 1:09:49 PM
I doubt very much that Roy Moore was affected by any "false flag" efforts as described above, but more from words from his own mouth when speaking to Faux News' Hannity, aka the President Whisper, the day after the sexual allegations story broke. Hannity demanded better answers from Moore because even that gaslighting spreader of manure that even Trump (never mind his brainwashed followers) cowtows to didn't believe Moore's defense of himself. Hannity basically spoke and the lemmings listened.

v A perfect example of someone who would mindlessly be gaslighted by bots than paying attention to what they have the ability to witness for themselves (i.e., the exchange between Hannity and Moore), and even if they do witness it for themselves, can't comprehend it.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8069
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2018 1:25:11 PM
^Says the Russian Bot. ;) ;)

2Irish123
Msg: 8070
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2018 6:14:52 PM

Says the Russian Bot. ;) ;)

Ahahahahahahahahaha

More than 60% of Donald Trump’s Twitter followers look suspiciously fake
https://qz.com/1422395/how-many-of-donald-trumps-twitter-followers-are-fake/
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8071
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2018 4:14:31 AM
^Democrats at it again, huh?

#WalkAway

dragonbytes
Msg: 8072
view profile
History
Trumps Govt. shutdown = No figgy pudding...
Posted: 12/28/2018 9:05:39 AM

Fences around personal homes are not for security. They are for privacy and in fact potentially make a home less secure if people can hide their breaking into a house by hiding behind a fence.

Walls surrounding public properties for security..you mean in addition to the walls of the building itself? You have an example? Even the whitehouse is not surrounded by walls.

Israel uses a wall and fences to keep out terrorists..but mainly electronically secure fences.
But not one for thousands of miles...and besides the "illegals" entering the us from mexico commit far fewer crimes on a percentage basis then us citizens. They are not terrorists..as for drugs.walls will never stop the flow..just may make drugs more expensive.

The wall proposed by ttump is a stupid idea meant to manipulate and fire up trumps low iq base. Dems know it, so do the repubs, which is why trump is never getting his wall.

I think Trump is a disaster for the USA, running up our debt to give tax breaks to rich companies / individuals with very little benefit to the nation.

But I have never seen a prison built without an outside wall. Except for alcatraz. If you are honest and objective, they do provide an ELEMENT of additional security.

So walls do provide an element of security, and psychologically they tell the world they aren't welcome here. I still think it's a stupid waste of money and a bad idea. Most boarders I have seen have a short wall to direct traffic into the crossing.

I wouldn't vote to build a giant wall because while it is a marginal benefit to keep people out, it's MARGINAL. There are more effective ways to spend money and control legal and illegal immigration, and secure fencing can be a part of that.

IMO one big reason Trump wants a WALL is it's a monument to TRUMP. Like his TRUMP buildings, it's an enduring physical structure that if built would likely be maintained for a long time. A BIG BEAUTIFUL wall is a visible testament to TRUMP, it's the kind of thing he lives his whole life building.

Now he has made it's trumps last stand, not sure how long this shut down goes on, both sides are dug in behind their walls, the dems are going to lay siege to Trump and try and starve him out. The public response will determine who gives up first.
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 8073
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2018 11:01:36 AM

IMO one big reason Trump wants a WALL is it's a monument to TRUMP. Like his TRUMP buildings, it's an enduring physical structure that if built would likely be maintained for a long time. A BIG BEAUTIFUL wall is a visible testament to TRUMP, it's the kind of thing he lives his whole life building.

The Wall is a reflection of Trump's destiny and obsession to destroy everything Obama has done, like killing Obamacare, NAFTA, environmental controls, international treaties, etc. He calls every deal Obama has made, the worst deals in the history of the country, tweaks them a bit, calls it something new, and says he made the best deals in the history of the country-and his brain dead supporters buy into the BS. It's funny how his blue collar supporters never questioned the purpose of Trump giving tax breaks to the super rich-which, of course, includes the Trump clan.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 8074
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2018 11:08:22 AM
"This is awkward. :/ "Liberal billionaire apologizes for funding 'false flag' effort to link Kremlin to Republican in Alabama Senate race" https://www.foxnews.com/politics/liberal-billionaire-apologizes-for-funding-false-flag-effort-to-link-kremlin-to-republican-in-alabama-senate-race"

>>>actually, million excuses, i'm going to give Faux Peyews a little credit for this--they did a link to the actual apology. Of course, they didn't tell the actual story--some rich dude donated to something, found out they weren't what he thought they were, actually apologized, and supports an investigation into it. but that doesn't really help the hatred of the left, now does it? so much for the spin free zone.

" If you are honest and objective, they do provide an ELEMENT of additional security."

>>>they will keep out those who aren't determined. then again, considering what fatal situations those wanting to get in, travel thru in order to reach the wall...they sound already determined. also, chump didn't bother to spend the money he was given to build a wall, but a ton of demonstration models to choose from. and there's still money sitting around to burn. so use that. but then what about all the people who own land on the border? what about their property rights? and then the native american reservations that cross the border, those are Soveriegn Nations, and that has to be dealt with as well--at least chump has stacked the courts.

fact is, most illegal immigration is just people overstaying their visa. a wall doesn't stop that an iota. but you're totally right, Chump needs a momument, AND needs to distract his voting base from everything else he's fvcking up royally.
 2Irish123
Msg: 8075
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2018 12:10:22 PM
tRump at every campaign stop: "And who's going to pay for the wall?"

His cults response: "Mexico will!"

Keep the government shut down until tRump honors his campaign promise. Not one taxpayer dime for a wall!
 2Irish123
Msg: 8076
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2018 6:46:45 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/muellers-russia-probe-obtained-nude-selfie-from-indicted-russian-company

Does anyone doubt the nude selfie is tRump? The only question is if the picture is during a golden shower! Ahahahahahahahaha
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 8077
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2018 7:16:58 PM
Like #8072 says, Trumps wall is simply for Trumps ego. The man simply and oh so deperately wants some physical reminder of the time he has affected our nation. In his warped mind a wall will do.

I disagree, and have since he ran his campaign on this platform and promised Mexico would pay for this.... Wall .....

He said this repeatedly, I remember. And, it's covered by news footage.

And 8075 I agree.... Not a dime for this. Promises made, he said this. I say we hold him to it..... I promise I'll try.
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 8078
view profile
History
Trumps Govt. shutdown = no golfing
Posted: 12/28/2018 7:35:43 PM
msg 8073 says:

It's funny how his blue collar supporters never questioned the purpose of Trump giving tax breaks to the super rich-which, of course, includes the Trump clan.

for which ^.....let me leave a quote by Ricky Gervais that says:

“Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies to those who are stupid.”
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?