Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 8626
view profile
History
Will President Donald Trump Last The Full 8 Years?Page 346 of 357    (317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342, 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, 357)

But they will..

put your money were your mouth is.............if you are that sure, then bet all you have on that!

again, here is the site:

www.predictit.org/markets/7/Justice

that is.....if you have the balls......
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 8627
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 4/19/2019 4:04:40 PM

There is a slim, extremely slim, possibility that my ignorance is flaunting but I don’t see any “Republicans” that are in “Congress” appearing in the video you provided.

Some quotes are famous for their beauty some for their everyday truths, now we have the infamous whopper of the Baghdad Bob of Comrade Trump's administration, Sarah Huckabee Sanders......"It was a slip of the tongue".

And there you have it, another proud MAGA orange kool-aid drinker proud of his moron president trying to deflect from the devastating Muller Report.

The video speaks for itself.

https://youtu.be/b-cZG81-MPQ

Elect A Clown , Expect A Circus.

"The president's efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the president declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests.

If we had confidence after a throrough investigation of the facts that the president clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment."

- excerpt from the Mueller Report.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 8628
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2019 4:15:26 PM
oh for gods sake
you think previous POTUS had no handlers?
SMH
 2Irish123
Msg: 8629
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 7:00:50 AM

you think previous POTUS had no handlers?

Please cite a case where previous Presidents orders were ignored by their "handlers" because the order was criminal, illegal, and improper.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 8630
view profile
History
how does it feel to have your own Clinton now?
Posted: 4/20/2019 8:24:15 AM
"you guys would have learned to be careful what you ask for but...nope!
what were we "guys" supposed to have "learned"..............and exactly from whom?"

>>>maybe we should have learned from the GOP's attempts at the Clintons? All that money spent on the Starr report to go from a real estate deal to troopergate to travelgate to fostergate to a BJ. At least if all the people Mueller arrested pay their fines, they'll pay for the Mueller report. Oh, and how many times have the GOP gone after HRC over Benghazi and flat-out failed? talk about being careful for what they ask for...they wanted to lock her up and instead got f-all. But it is Hillaryous they keep pedaling "2 plus years later, Mueller got nothing!" and forgetting all the chumpster going to the hoosegow.

Mueller says in his report, a law against taking down sitting presidents ties his hands and its up to congress, so yeah, there was a Jeff Sessions surprise for the Dems. but its still damning that Mueller said, "if we could find a shred of evidence to say the prez is innocent, we'd do that. and notice, we ain't doing that". in the end, tho, if the dems impeach, they'd waste their political capital against a GOP Senate. best they keep their powder dry for whatever dumbassery chump tries to pass thru congress in order to have anything to run on in 2020. or maybe his slogan is:

Trump: just as slimy as Clinton and just as Teflon

as for handlers, yeah, chump was supposed to be the anti-politician, so he'd need more people to help him not trip over his own shoes.

"Please cite a case where previous Presidents orders were ignored by their "handlers" because the order was criminal, illegal, and improper."

>>>i guess you have to go to other Republicans, like Nixon or Bush 43.

in the end, of course, the report only tells educated people what they already suspected about chump. the deniers and apologists will believe what they hope is true about their hero, and that's never going to change.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-mueller-report-is-448-pages-long-you-need-to-know-these-7-key-things/ar-BBW4SbQ
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8631
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 9:41:43 AM
^All your above BS leaves out the wee fact of the Mueller report.....NO COLLUSION!!!!

Where is the Collusion we were promised? You said Trump was an agent of Putin???

Mueller said....NO evidence of ANY American conspiring with Russia!!

You lied and now it is #Game Over!

***You best save what political capital you think you have cause now we look at....what was the Spying of a Presidential candidate predicated on! :)
 2Irish123
Msg: 8632
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 11:10:56 AM

Mueller said....NO evidence of ANY American conspiring with Russia!!

I know it's a FOX talking point, but that's not exactly what Mr. Mueller said:

“In sum, the investigation established multiple links between Trump Campaign officials and individuals tied to the Russian government. Those links included Russia offers of assistance to the Campaign. In some instances, the Campaign was receptive to the offer, while in other instances the Campaign officials shied away,” the Mueller report said. “Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.”

And then there's this:

You best save what political capital you think you have cause now we look at....what was the Spying of a Presidential candidate predicated on!

To the cult, judicial authorized legal surveillance=spying. Hahahahahahahaha. They think there is such a legal term such as "collusion" and confuse surveillance with spying. They are not very good Philadelphia lawyers.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 8633
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 12:48:07 PM

what was the Spying of a Presidential candidate predicated on...

You are grasping at straws now that your dear leader has been exposed as a corrupt despot mafia wannabe boss.

https://youtu.be/b-cZG81-MPQ

Elect A Clown ;39:, Expect A Circus.

Spygate is a conspiracy theory initiated by President Donald Trump in May 2018 that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) had implanted a spy in his 2016 presidential campaign.

On May 22–23, 2018, Trump asserted, without evidence, that the Obama administration planted a paid spy inside his 2016 presidential campaign for political purposes in an effort to help Trump’s rival, Hillary Clinton, win the general election, and that they were paid a "massive amount of money" for doing so.

Stefan Halper, a longtime FBI informant, had approached separately three Trump campaign advisers in 2016 in a covert effort to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections, but as of April 2019, no evidence has surfaced that he had joined Trump's campaign or acted improperly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spygate_(conspiracy_theory_by_Donald_Trump)?fbclid=IwAR1HKn1YX1VH2gqLkG_Uj5q3XLyOXGx7rW-nbebczNENXN8EojcwcjPyn3c
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8634
view profile
History
Trump for 6 more years!!!
Posted: 4/20/2019 1:01:00 PM
^Thank you for proving my point, Irish, very kind of you. :)

Collusion wasn't my term that was the one the Dems & the Fake News chose. If you want to call yourselfs idiots....far be from me to stop you.

Tell me....what is the difference between legal surveillance & spying....O Big One! :D

"You are grasping at straws now that your dear leader has been exposed as a corrupt despot mafia wannabe boss."

Au Contraire....Laughing Man....our President was fully exonerated!
 kalmly
Msg: 8635
Posted: 4/20/2019 1:29:21 PM
Ms. Million you are so blind, so naive, so sad. Read the Mueller report and get back to us with actual facts.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8636
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 1:35:22 PM
^Lol!

Don't worry....by his second term....you're gonna love him, too. :D

*Happy Passover!

Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 8637
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 1:35:24 PM

Au Contraire....Laughing Man....our President was fully exonerated!

Sure, you probably read the Breitbart/FauxNews/William Barr =Trump Toadie version.

Elect A Clown , Expect A Circus.

"The president's efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the president declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests.

If we had confidence after a throrough investigation of the facts that the president clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.
"

- excerpt from the Mueller Report.
 N2U18
Msg: 8638
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 3:38:53 PM
Msg: 8627

Some quotes are famous for their beauty some for their everyday truths, now we have the infamous whopper of the Baghdad Bob of Comrade Trump's administration, Sarah Huckabee Sanders......"It was a slip of the tongue".

You went Heavy on the Emoji! I’m flattered but I do believe you’re compensating ;)
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 8639
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 3:44:07 PM
The bottom line is that..........Mueller needs to testify to Congress...........and it has to happen by the end of May, and then be done with it!

Nadler is just wasting his time trying to subpoena the whole M report from Barr....its just going to get dragged on and on......and even if he does, what are the democrats going to do, while the GOP controls the senate?..........they won't be able to push anything through.

At this point...the democrats need to re-think their approach...............without any hope of an impeachment, they will just be spinning their wheels......and wasting time and energy.

Their focus should now be shifting to......everything Trump has abandoned.............1) a wall Mexico was supposed to have paid for..... 2) failure to craft an immigration bill (that bot sides would accept) ..... 3) failure on a healthcare fix or reform for the ACA........4) failure to contain the Fed deficit......5) failure to create REAL solid jobs for the middle class (not those made by economic bubbles)..........6) failure to invest in infrastructure ......7) failure to protect the environment.

This ^ is just a short list
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8640
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 3:47:53 PM
"Nadler is just wasting his time trying to subpoena the whole M report from Barr....its just going to get dragged on and on......and even if he does, what are the democrats going to do, while the GOP controls the senate?..........they won't be able to push anything through."

Oh Lordy!

Where is an attorney when you need one to explain WHY you can''t unredact Grand Jury testimony???

I'll give you a hint....cause it's ILLEGAL! Lmao!

Ps....Nadler can go review the entire unredacted report in a SCIF anytime he wants. All of congress can't cause of those pesky things called...security clearances. Go figure. :)
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 8641
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 5:47:44 PM
^

I'll give you a hint....cause it's ILLEGAL! Lmao!

But its legal for the WH to read it, before it got redacted and presented to Congress, right!.......

Nadler can go review the entire unredacted report in a SCIF anytime he wants

sure......and we can picture on just how it would go:

"Hi Jerry, c'mon in.............here is the M report...all 600 pages..........Oh, and you have 15 minutes to read it....
But I'm sure Laura gave you all the details.

All of congress can't cause of those pesky things called...security clearances.

Oh you mean like the ones that were undeservedly given (by Trump) to about 25 people in his staff....that the FBI deemed risky individuals.....................you never know, its actually possible that Putin may have gotten a copy of the unredacted report.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8642
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 5:56:18 PM
"But its legal for the WH to read it, before it got redacted and presented to Congress, right!......."

Are you sure the WH saw an unredacted copy?

"Hi Jerry, c'mon in.............here is the M report...all 600 pages..........Oh, and you have 15 minutes to read it....
But I'm sure Laura gave you all the details."

BS....it is obvious you don't know how these things work?!?! There are no SCIF time limits! Lmao! They want an unredacted copy sent to ALL Congress so they can LEAK it! Duh! Lmao again!

What planet do you come from, Le FouFou?

You seem to have a "Connect the dots" problem....same as Mueller & 18 angry Democrats problem. Fix it. :)
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 8643
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 9:53:26 PM
^

Are you sure the WH saw an unredacted copy?

Does an Alligator chit in the swamps?

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/18/18484791/mueller-report-trump-barr-lawyers-white-house

If Trump's lawyers saw it, then you can bet that Trump certainly saw it..........which is why he made Barr give that asinine speech before Congress.......it was too stupid to come out of Barr himself, that was a speech Trump wrote for him

There are no SCIF time limits!

The party that calls the shots.....are the ones who can craft the rules...............Didn't Laura mention that?

They want an unredacted copy sent to ALL Congress so they can LEAK it!

Maybe the repubs will leak it....since that has been the 2 year tradition coming out of the WH

Lmao again

You should try to avoid doing that.........I hear that it can really mess up your Butt-lift....and you will have to find another sugar-daddy to pay for another one.....again!

What planet do you come from,

I come from a world where beings are honest...........our leaders have integrity and show compassion....they care about their land and others in......and strive to best for everyone, not themselves......sounds alien to you no doubt!....
 vlad dracul
Msg: 8644
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2019 1:31:32 AM
LeFou
"I come from a world where beings are honest...........our leaders have integrity and show compassion....they care about their land and others in......and strive to best for everyone, not themselves......sounds alien to you no doubt!...."

Now that is very interesting. I would say most folk are honest and decent. Maybe the odd white lie. But if they found a wallet or purse they would try and find the owner.

The next bit though about leaders etc though. Which 'leaders' of nations care about everyone but themselves? I read with interest about yous shermans in our press.

At the moment most of the democrat hopefuls for 2020 are busy apologising for past indiscretions. And leaders who do not strive for themselves? Any examples?

Compassion? For whom? Certainly not for illegal immigrants. Because compassion for those folk means losing votes. And we can't have that now can we?

As for caring about THEIR land why can they not respect other folks land and not bomb the shite out of said lands killing and maiming thousands?

In my opinion ALL leaders do what is best for THEM. Because they get addicted to the power they get. ALL leaders lie. It's how they get votes. Is it not just a case of some leaders just lie a little bit less than others do?

And our christian posters i hope your easter is a good one.

And may you not get massacred like the christians just did in sri lanka
 2Irish123
Msg: 8645
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2019 11:04:14 AM

Collusion wasn't my term that was the one the Dems & the Fake News chose. If you want to call yourselfs idiots....far be from me to stop you.

SAD. Now you're just making shyte up. And the real crux of the matter is that Mr. Mueller could not prove any organized coordination with regard to the number of attempts by the trump campaign to obtain help from Russia (hard to prove any organization, at all, within the trump administration), but many of the trump campaign did seek out help from Russian operatives....namely trump jr. who was too stupid to know what he was doing was illegal.

Tell me....what is the difference between legal surveillance & spying

Are you too blond to use google...try it...
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 8646
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2019 6:54:50 PM
drac writes:

I would say most folk are honest and decent. Maybe the odd white lie. But if they found a wallet or purse they would try and find the owner.

depends where you are....but true ^ in most cases

Which 'leaders' of nations care about everyone but themselves?

Lets use the term "leadership".....since it best describes nations that freely and honestly elect their leaders
Lets talk about the UK (and perhaps the EU)..........do you not have a national healthcare system that is there for the welfare of the citizens, rich or poor?...........do you not have a social service and public service system, that is maintained and upheld for the benefit of the citizens...............do you not have a system of free speech whereby you can criticize your leadership without fearing to be arrested or persecuted?

Now this doesn't mean that these mechanisms are always in perfect working order,............. and that they cannot be corrupted....but at least there is a frame-work in place for the citizens to test/challenge the integrity of those who are supposed to represent them.

(*) In America...........we have had a few Presidents who exhibited profiles in courage (did things that they didn't really have to do......mainly to benefit others.....rather than themselves).......................FDR (with the new deal).....JFK (setting the stage for Black American civil rights)......LBJ (the civil rights act...and the great society venture).......Jimmy Carter (environmental concerns)........Obama (the affordable care act)......Yes, I realize that these leaders had their sets of woes.............but they at least stuck their necks out to do (at least) some things altruistically for the lesser folks in society....that they really didn't have to do

I read with interest about yous shermans in our press.

I don't just what you actually read about "shermans"............in YOUR press.....but from what I read of your posts....you are not getting properly informed

At the moment most of the democrat hopefuls for 2020 are busy apologising for past indiscretions.

You heard this ^ from YOUR press...I presume?................You make it sound as though people like Biden, Bernie, Etc start off by saying "I'm sorry"...every time they open their mouths........................You have to understand that there are people who are furiously digging and searching for dirt to hold over on their opponents..........yes, everyone has said or did something that they might regret saying or having done............but so far, nothing has been unveiled about any of the democratic hopefuls that even comes close to reaching a TRUMPIAN scale!!!

And leaders who do not strive for themselves? Any examples?

see (*) above

Compassion? For whom? Certainly not for illegal immigrants. Because compassion for those folk means losing votes. And we can't have that now can we?

If anyone will risk losing votes for displaying some compassion for illegal migrants....it won't be the Democratic hopefuls............But if Trump's lack of compassion was limited just to illegal immigrants in general (and not their skin color or religion).....it would probably warrant some measure of a respectful response from those opposing him....................But Trump's uncompassion goes beyond that.....it affects illegals and legals (if you are not on his side of the fence), that is borne from sense of malice & disdain emanating from a bruised big ego....that says to him "how dare they not agree with everything I say or do....how dare they question my motives" ....

As for caring about THEIR land why can they not respect other folks land and not bomb the shite out of said lands killing and maiming thousands?

Hey, I agree with you on this ^ one....all the way!....................But you know what!...."yous" were fine with us as being The " policeman of the world", while "yous" comfortably sat in your easy chairs eating pop-corn (or whatever it is "yous" eat).....and of course, when things work out for your interests....you smile and say nothing (as you extract a piece of flesh for yourselves from time to time!)..................but when things don't go so well !!!!............then "yous" whine and criticize us about how we "screw things up"...and make life horrible for others, .......well, isn't that all too convenient?

Just my POV......by why don't all you Euros simply demand us to get out of Europe............personally, I would be glad as hell to take our armed forces out of the Euro-zone, UK, the Med...etc.....and let "yous' be the ones rolling up your sleeves, when the chit hits the fan...........and we will just sit back and enjoy the show!.........Ooops, I forgot that this is what happened in 1939......when "yous" really mucked things up, and then sent Churchill over here begging for help...but this time "yous" can take a Hike!

In my opinion ALL leaders do what is best for THEM. Because they get addicted to the power they get.

up to a point......but then comes election day (in countries that hold true elections) , and that is when the party is over..........however, if Trump ever has it his way, the election process itself will be made a mockery of and be rigged to favor his party no matter who a voter chooses....that seems to be his dream, to fully rig the 2020 elections.

ALL leaders lie. It's how they get votes

Yes...but then its all about the voters...and how many lies they are willing to put up with, and for how long?...this is the question that Trump does not have the answer to......which is why he would love to subvert the system.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 8647
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2019 12:15:16 AM
Fvck all this BS, they're not our leaders, they're suppose to represent us. We are suppose to be their boss, not the other way around.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 8648
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2019 1:44:49 AM
LeFou
And believe it or not i agree with some of the points you raise to an extent. So in reply on this lovely sunny morning................

"drac writes:
I would say most folk are honest and decent. Maybe the odd white lie. But if they found a wallet or purse they would try and find the owner.

depends where you are....but true ^ in most cases"

Agree 100%.................

"Which 'leaders' of nations care about everyone but themselves?

Lets use the term "leadership".....since it best describes nations that freely and honestly elect their leaders"

That is true to an extent. In the uk the government isn't always voted in by a majority. Uk elections are first past the post. Whereas in Scottish parliament elections a form of proportional representation is used. I think OUR voting system is better than the uk one...............

"Lets talk about the UK (and perhaps the EU)..........do you not have a national healthcare system that is there for the welfare of the citizens, rich or poor?...........do you not have a social service and public service system, that is maintained and upheld for the benefit of the citizens...............do you not have a system of free speech whereby you can criticize your leadership without fearing to be arrested or persecuted?

Yes we have all of the above. Although our nhs is drastically underfunded. As are social services. We have a modicum of free speech but not outright..................

"Now this doesn't mean that these mechanisms are always in perfect working order,............. and that they cannot be corrupted....but at least there is a frame-work in place for the citizens to test/challenge the integrity of those who are supposed to represent them."

That is true. But from when Margaret thatcher was first elected until now neo liberal economics were embraced by the tories, labour under tony blair. The crept in some privatisation of some services. An example being hospital cleaning. Some of our hospitals are manky..............

"(*) In America...........we have had a few Presidents who exhibited profiles in courage (did things that they didn't really have to do......mainly to benefit others.....rather than themselves).......................FDR (with the new deal).....JFK (setting the stage for Black American civil rights)......LBJ (the civil rights act...and the great society venture).......Jimmy Carter (environmental concerns)........Obama (the affordable care act)......Yes, I realize that these leaders had their sets of woes.............but they at least stuck their necks out to do (at least) some things altruistically for the lesser folks in society....that they really didn't have to do"

Can't argue with most of that. I was reading recently about syndicalism, fascism (under Mussolini) and how fdr's new deal used many of the first two's ideology. And yes the former presidents you mention did implement changes as you say. Maybe I'm just jaded with the situation over here. But all our prime ministers since thatcher have implemented what they wanted. And it was not beneficial to Scotland.................

"I read with interest about yous shermans in our press.

I don't just what you actually read about "shermans"............in YOUR press.....but from what I read of your posts....you are not getting properly informed"

Nope. I read lots of sherman outlets as well. I like reading the atlantic. Huffpo, the guardian. Only reading one outlet that reads what you want to read is not healthy..................

"At the moment most of the democrat hopefuls for 2020 are busy apologising for past indiscretions.

You heard this ^ from YOUR press...I presume?................You make it sound as though people like Biden, Bernie, Etc start off by saying "I'm sorry"...every time they open their mouths........................You have to understand that there are people who are furiously digging and searching for dirt to hold over on their opponents..........yes, everyone has said or did something that they might regret saying or having done............but so far, nothing has been unveiled about any of the democratic hopefuls that even comes close to reaching a TRUMPIAN scale!!!"

Nope. But i did read it in these media outlets..............

2020 Democrats Agree: They're Very, Very Sorry
www.nytimes.com
democrats 2020 apologising from www.nytimes.com
3 Feb 2019 · Apologies by Democrats like Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are indicative of a crowded field of candidates in a party that has moved left

The 'I'm sorry' 2020 Democratic primary
www.politico.com
democrats 2020 apologising from www.politico.com
18 Jan 2019 · Bernie Sanders is sorry, too — he's repeatedly apologized the women who were revealed to be ... Even before the 2020 Democratic presidential primary kicks into gear — and ahead

Sorry is the easiest word – but should Democrats stop their apology tour?
www.theguardian.com
democrats 2020 apologising from www.theguardian.com
8 Apr 2019 · Democrats running for president in 2020 are on an “apology tour”, seeking to atone for past political sins. Some voters welcome it as an antidote to Donald Trump, an overdue attempt to ...

Opinion | The Democratic apology tour is a sorry spectacle
www.washingtonpost.com
democrats 2020 apologising from www.washingtonpost.com
6 Feb 2019 · Forgive me, but would anybody mind if we declared a moratorium on Democratic apologies? I don't doubt ... “2020 Democrats agree: They're very, very sorry,” reports the Times.

"And leaders who do not strive for themselves? Any examples?

see (*) above"

I disagree to a certain extent because they all want to leave a legacy. Thankfully ttip got binned.................
 vlad dracul
Msg: 8649
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2019 1:49:54 AM
"Compassion? For whom? Certainly not for illegal immigrants. Because compassion for those folk means losing votes. And we can't have that now can we?

If anyone will risk losing votes for displaying some compassion for illegal migrants....it won't be the Democratic hopefuls............But if Trump's lack of compassion was limited just to illegal immigrants in general (and not their skin color or religion).....it would probably warrant some measure of a respectful response from those opposing him....................But Trump's uncompassion goes beyond that.....it affects illegals and legals (if you are not on his side of the fence), that is borne from sense of malice & disdain emanating from a bruised big ego....that says to him "how dare they not agree with everything I say or do....how dare they question my motives" ...."

Well we are tied (just now) to brussels. Who are throwing money at turkey to stop migrants entering the eu. Yet I've posted articles about bill clintons policy regarding black criminals. I've read about obama sending thousands of folk back over the border. The fence that was erected by i think clinton. They ALL have skeletons rattling away like a junkie. They ALL done what they seen as a vote winner...............

"As for caring about THEIR land why can they not respect other folks land and not bomb the shite out of said lands killing and maiming thousands?

Hey, I agree with you on this ^ one....all the way!....................But you know what!...."yous" were fine with us as being The " policeman of the world", while "yous" comfortably sat in your easy chairs eating pop-corn (or whatever it is "yous" eat).....and of course, when things work out for your interests....you smile and say nothing (as you extract a piece of flesh for yourselves from time to time!)..................but when things don't go so well !!!!............then "yous" whine and criticize us about how we "screw things up"...and make life horrible for others, .......well, isn't that all too convenient?

Well we do have popcorn in the uk but up here we were probably guzzling haggis. I don't think our armed forces should be going anywhere unless we are under threat.

Nearly a million citizens took to the streets to protest the iraq war. Weapons of mass destruction. The public opposed us having any involvement in syria and our war mongers got a bloody nose.

Since I've been old enough to vote i have never voted for a political party who support our getting involved in other nations affairs.

Have you read the interview in the atlantic with the departing french ambassador? Heres what he says about the worlds policeman..............

"A Conversation With Outgoing French Ambassador Gérard Araud
www.theatlantic.com
french ambassador retiring interview worlds policeman is finished from www.theatlantic.com

3 days ago · Gérard Araud, the charmingly blunt French ambassador to the United States, is famous for two ... his view of the U.S. (“The role of the United States as a policeman of the world, it's over"

"Just my POV......by why don't all you Euros simply demand us to get out of Europe............personally, I would be glad as hell to take our armed forces out of the Euro-zone, UK, the Med...etc.....and let "yous' be the ones rolling up your sleeves, when the chit hits the fan...........and we will just sit back and enjoy the show!........."

I agree with that. Why should american laddies and lassies get killed and maimed fighting battles for globalism. Look at the money that could go back into your infrastructure. As i said i would rather our troops were not deployed anywhere unless we were under threat................

"Ooops, I forgot that this is what happened in 1939......when "yous" really mucked things up, and then sent Churchill over here begging for help...but this time "yous" can take a Hike!"

Aye fair play to yous. But american public opinion at the time did not want to go to war did they? How did we muck things up then? Germany steamrolled over everyone at the start of the war...............

"In my opinion ALL leaders do what is best for THEM. Because they get addicted to the power they get.

up to a point......but then comes election day (in countries that hold true elections) , and that is when the party is over..........however, if Trump ever has it his way, the election process itself will be made a mockery of and be rigged to favor his party no matter who a voter chooses....that seems to be his dream, to fully rig the 2020 elections."

Electioneering is practised in many nations I'm afraid. Not just yours................

"ALL leaders lie. It's how they get votes

Yes...but then its all about the voters...and how many lies they are willing to put up with, and for how long?...this is the question that Trump does not have the answer to......which is why he would love to subvert the system."

But as I've pointed out. Whoever forms the government over here is not normally those with the most votes. A bit like yous then eh?

BBE
A prime example of what you say is the brexit vote. WE told OUR representatives we want out the eu. But THEY do not want to leave the eu. So the representatives are not doing what citizens voted for. They are doing what THEY want.
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 8650
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2019 5:32:16 PM
@ drac

Yes we have all of the above. Although our nhs is drastically underfunded. As are social services. We have a modicum of free speech but not outright.

Then organize and gather outside all gov't offices with placards every day.........show your leaders how "yous" feel....stop traffic; make noise, civil disobedience (but no violence) nationwide.........demand they restore what is being taken from you

The crept in some privatisation of some services. An example being hospital cleaning.

But isn't that what "yous' wanted?........wasn't Thatcher your kind of conservative?....I thought you embrace the Conservative spirit (they conserve the wealth for themselves.....and distribute the losses to the public)

And it was not beneficial to Scotland.................

"yous' should have left the UK.......when you had the opportunity to do so!

Sorry is the easiest word – but should Democrats stop their apology tour?
www.theguardian.com
democrats 2020 apologising from www.theguardian.com
8 Apr 2019 · Democrats running for president in 2020 are on an “apology tour”, seeking to atone for past political sins. Some voters welcome it as an antidote to Donald Trump, an overdue attempt to ...

Yeah, they should stop, its making some people sick!...........once is enough!.............and when you compare what they did to Trump's egregiousness....how awful was it really?..........nobody got accused of molestation, harassment, etc.

I disagree to a certain extent because they all want to leave a legacy.

nothing wrong with wanting a legacy......if there some gain for the citizens

I've read about obama sending thousands of folk back over the border. The fence that was erected by i think clinton. They ALL have skeletons rattling away like a junkie. They ALL done what they seen as a vote winner

right....and no apology is warranted for any of this^..................I don't have a problem with border security......but when Trump inhumanely separates children from their parents.....you go are going below the belt, and it is despicable!......reminds me when the Nazi SS were rounding up Jews....and separating the children from the adults....just to enjoy the painful looks on peoples faces.... because of the pain he inflicted on them.

The public opposed us having any involvement in syria and our war mongers got a bloody nose.

Congrads....to "yous"........as you are now starting to grow a set of balls!

United States as a policeman of the world, it's over"

I would love that to be the truth.........but I see little evidence of it

But american public opinion at the time did not want to go to war did they? How did we muck things up then? Germany steamrolled over everyone at the start of the war

We didn't want to go to war....because we didn't want to get screwed by the UK & France again like we did at the end of WW1...........when Germany surrendered, the allies came down too hard on them......and paved the way for the rise of Hitler...who convinced his people that they got ripped off......and proceeded to disregard the Versailles treaty....and when he could have been easily stopped early on, "yous" (UK & France) didn't do it.....the rest you know!

Whoever forms the government over here is not normally those with the most votes. A bit like yous then eh?

Our electoral system only applies to the presidency.............but in your case you vote for the party (and whoever they must make a coalition with)...so at least, who ever is appointed the head....has to tow the party line.....in other words, you should know what you getting before anybody is appointed......and there is usually no power from the minority to prevent laws from being passed!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?