Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 surlytrue
Msg: 8651
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?Page 347 of 357    (317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342, 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, 357)
Vlad, I agree with you...fuk US war mongers. But guess who wants to go to war with Iran? The one attribute Trump had was, at least to now, not starting a war. Tearing up the Iran agreement he never understood and his drumbeats of war against Iran getting louder...and then there is north korea.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 8652
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 4/23/2019 1:46:32 AM
LeFou (or is it you Yule?)
"@ drac
Yes we have all of the above. Although our nhs is drastically underfunded. As are social services. We have a modicum of free speech but not outright.

Then organize and gather outside all gov't offices with placards every day.........show your leaders how "yous" feel....stop traffic; make noise, civil disobedience (but no violence) nationwide.........demand they restore what is being taken from you"

There are constant protests about the way the nhs is in decline. A drastic shortage of workers in every field. Hossies not fit for purpose. I have no problem with the uk giving aid to nations in crisis. Or us giving aid to Washington to help fight cyber crime.

But just why we give aid to india is beyond me. They have a space program ffs.............

"How much does the UK pay in overseas aid?
For decades the UN has encouraged donor countries to contribute 0.7% of their gross domestic product (GDP) on foreign aid.

Enshrined into law by the coalition government in 2015, foreign aid spending has, like the NHS, long been ringfenced from years of austerity cuts. Last year, the government hit its 0.7% spending target, contributing a total of £13.9bn to the international aid budget."

https://www.theweek.co.uk/63394/foreign-aid-how-and-where-is-britain-s-budget-spent

"The crept in some privatisation of some services. An example being hospital cleaning.

But isn't that what "yous' wanted?........wasn't Thatcher your kind of conservative?....I thought you embrace the Conservative spirit (they conserve the wealth for themselves.....and distribute the losses to the public)"

Lol my type of conservative? I would never insult my parents memory by supporting those money grabbing neo liberal scum..............

"And it was not beneficial to Scotland.................

"yous' should have left the UK.......when you had the opportunity to do so!"

Yes we should have. Unfortunately citizens bottled it. And yet in the next uk wide election for westmonster the SNP won every seat in Scotland bar one. Ironically in Edinburgh South. Where i live. (Scottish Labour won that)......

"Sorry is the easiest word – but should Democrats stop their apology tour?
www.theguardian.com
democrats 2020 apologising from www.theguardian.com
8 Apr 2019 · Democrats running for president in 2020 are on an “apology tour”, seeking to atone for past political sins. Some voters welcome it as an antidote to Donald Trump, an overdue attempt to ...

Yeah, they should stop, its making some people sick!...........once is enough!.............and when you compare what they did to Trump's egregiousness....how awful was it really?..........nobody got accused of molestation, harassment, etc."

Here gadgie i thought you said that was according to the uk press? But it is quite amusing watching all the dafties on both sides over there apologising for any indiscretion............

"I disagree to a certain extent because they all want to leave a legacy.

nothing wrong with wanting a legacy......if there some gain for the citizens"

Well since neo liberal monetary theories were embraced by most western nations the legacy seems to be a collapse of the old middle ground elites and the embracing of left/right populist parties. So some good has come from the shafting of the working class.............

"I've read about obama sending thousands of folk back over the border. The fence that was erected by i think clinton. They ALL have skeletons rattling away like a junkie. They ALL done what they seen as a vote winner

right....and no apology is warranted for any of this^..................I don't have a problem with border security......but when Trump inhumanely separates children from their parents.....you go are going below the belt, and it is despicable!......reminds me when the Nazi SS were rounding up Jews....and separating the children from the adults....just to enjoy the painful looks on peoples faces.... because of the pain he inflicted on them."

Aye that was shocking. That practice is no more though is it? I think you have went a bit over the top though with the comparison you speak off................

"The public opposed us having any involvement in syria and our war mongers got a bloody nose.

Congrads....to "yous"........as you are now starting to grow a set of balls!"

So when are yous going to let your collective balls drop and oppose the seemingly endless wars?..........

"United States as a policeman of the world, it's over"

I would love that to be the truth.........but I see little evidence of it"

Another serious question here. Are there any of the would be presidential democrat candidates for 2020 who would say that they would stop american military involvement overseas? And use the money saved on infrastructure?.......

"But american public opinion at the time did not want to go to war did they? How did we muck things up then? Germany steamrolled over everyone at the start of the war

We didn't want to go to war....because we didn't want to get screwed by the UK & France again like we did at the end of WW1...........when Germany surrendered, the allies came down too hard on them......and paved the way for the rise of Hitler...who convinced his people that they got ripped off......and proceeded to disregard the Versailles treaty....and when he could have been easily stopped early on, "yous" (UK & France) didn't do it.....the rest you know!"

Yep the 'victorious' allies from world war 1 were a major factor in the rise of auld adolph. We seen the germans trying to build an empire and that was just not cricket. The french were........ eh the french. And yous got a wee toe hold in europe and were now due a favour back.............

"Whoever forms the government over here is not normally those with the most votes. A bit like yous then eh?

Our electoral system only applies to the presidency.............but in your case you vote for the party (and whoever they must make a coalition with)...so at least, who ever is appointed the head....has to tow the party line.....in other words, you should know what you getting before anybody is appointed......and there is usually no power from the minority to prevent laws from being passed!"

Not exactly correct. If the party who wins the general election have more mp's elected than ALL the other parties they can implement their election manifesto.

If they do not have an outright majority then deals are done. Like at the moment the tories need northern irelands biggest party the DUP to survive.

If they did not have the dup then the snp, scottish labour, welsh labour, london labour, plaid cymry, greens etc would unite and defeat the tories.

Platy (?)
"Vlad, I agree with you...fuk US war mongers. But guess who wants to go to war with Iran? The one attribute Trump had was, at least to now, not starting a war. Tearing up the Iran agreement he never understood and his drumbeats of war against Iran getting louder...and then there is north korea."

Aye i did hope president the donald would put a stop to americas never ending conflicts.
 jackal44
Msg: 8653
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 9:05:02 AM
Hi Vlad, yep...Surly was me, ie. platy, i.e. Ata.

I keep posting here because there is a game between admin, mods and myself and I keep beating them. Its a competition I am enjoying in my old age...remember those poor mods appearing on here calling me Trollata, and posting in color. Before they appeared here, they had set up little robots to take attack my Ata profiles. How do I know that, because when they attacked Ata, they left behind a trail...you could see a robotic name as the last "poster" on a thread. And when they attacked my Ata profile, they also somehow corrupted the entire thread so that if you clicked on the thread, it recycled and did not work. You had to go to earlier posts and respond to get the thread working again. At any rate, by not using “ata” in my profile, I defeated their little script, no doubt painstakingly created by one of the technical admin personnel on my behalf. . . I mean how much more pathetic can you get.

Lately, they really went bananas on me. They id'd my mac address and tried to preclude my device from connecting to their system. I found an easy get around so that did not work. In my local area, they now require, to register, a phone verification system, which I also easily got around. How do I know its only in my local cellular network, because I have been in other areas of the country like NYC and it is only locally they have that phone verification system.

So what do I know? I can't use a VPM to register, it doesn't work, but with a "clean" device, which is very easy to come by, I can change my mac address at will. I still have no problem registering with my cellular network and defeating all of the safeguards, like phone verification. I now give them legit email addresses which are easy to come by. The one thing I could also do is create an actual profile filled out with interests etc., and probably fool even the moderators, but to do that I would have to either spend the time in doing so or I would need to cut and paste from somebody else, neither option right now am I willing to do...

Why do I come back? I just enjoy the challenge I suppose. Posting here when I know they are doing everything they can to stop me is enjoyable. This post will undoubtedly be gone within an hour if not minutes...and that is fine too......But really, with little Red Rider gone, Flick gone, Jovan gone, who am I going to fight with? I am intentionally doing very little to follow the Trump news....life is much more enjoyable by ignoring that pathetic little man who is our President. He won't be impeached, so I assume we will be stuck with him for at least two more years...not sure the country can actually survive that piece of crap as our President for another six years, and besides, he is gunning for a nuclear war with somebody.

Anyway...I have not much else to say here....but I'm still here and still strong. But it is not so easy to create profiles as it was in the past with all of their new safeguards, so will likely only create a few a week to post...which is fine with me, I have spent far too much time here than I should have anyway.

Hey to the Mods...how about sending me a cease and desist letter...yea...that will stop me LOL.

By the way, I don’t believe Lefu is Yule...Yule was simply not that knowledgeable and was kind of a religious nut. I think he is the guy who during the Trump Campaign constantly took swipes at Trump as being a terrible person. But I don’t recall that guy’s name. Just my opinion for what it is worth.
 jackal44
Msg: 8654
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 9:05:28 AM
Hi Ms. KJ.

This is the problem I have with your support of Trump. I get that for whatever reason, you think he is good for the country, what I don’t get is how you can possibly come to that conclusion. I always thought you were too smart to be a member of the Trump cult. Yes, I get you play games on these threads....but to do so you still have to ignore the juvenile, narcissistic behavior of the man, the lack of dignity...and I know you know he is a classic narcissist. Why therefore you do not see him as a danger I will never know.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8655
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 9:41:01 AM
^All politicians have some traits of narcissism. Can you name one that doesn't?

I have never been able to figure out how anyone could NOT love this President. But the thing is...I don't waste my energy or time trying to belittle and castigate others for voting for a different candidate than I.

I don't need to justify my choice...but I will defend it. :)

***And...the best thing about our wonderful President is...he is Pro life!
 jackal44
Msg: 8656
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 9:54:47 AM
^^^ first I am not sure why I am still here...but let me respond....

(1) at the very least, Trump is a horrible example for representing decency and integrity...... it is obvious under him the country has become much more anxious, maybe even more depressed, and he has enabled the crazies among us.

(2) I find that lacking credibility that you can not find any reason people would not love Trump...that is a nonsensical statement in reality because as you well know, there is so much wrong with Trump.

(3) Trump has accomplished virtually nothing except a tax cut that has damaged and will damage the economy for generations to come due to the higher deficit, and to the extent you give Trump credit for the economy, the economy in reality is no better than it was under Obama and regardless, giving him credit for the economy would be like giving him credit for the sun rising in the morning.

You don't need to justify your choice...but in the end, your choice is indefensible....
 Noftheborder
Msg: 8657
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 9:55:09 AM
^Ah the reasons for such make a person scratch their head, don't they. One can be intelligent in some areas and a fvcking dumb ass in others. I'm not at all disparaging actual diagnosed savants, but this undying salivating over an idiot certainly makes one wonder if many people are on some sort of spectrum of the disorder and what the cause of it may be. Seems with the epidemic of generational drug and alcohol abuse in the States, that may account for some of the wide spread brain damage in some. At the very least it's a (too) large proportion of the population suffering from Dunning-Kruger effect - aka being too stupid to realize how stupid they are, much like Trump.

The upside is that Trump's approval rating just dropped again by 5 points to match his all time low...so there is hope that people are starting to straighten themselves out. I hold out little hope for others, as referenced above. More hope, and the most effective, is that those who were apathetic the last time around will show up at the polls to ensure Trump won't have a chance of getting re-elected, being that his brown nosed party has allowed this joke of a human being to remain in what was once a proud office and have no intention of calling for impeachment as well.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 8658
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 10:14:59 AM
Platy
"Why do I come back? I just enjoy the challenge I suppose. Posting here when I know they are doing everything they can to stop me is enjoyable. This post will undoubtedly be gone within an hour if not minutes...and that is fine too......But really, with little Red Rider gone, Flick gone, Jovan gone, who am I going to fight with?"

The only person i truly despised since i started using the forums was frank forum fiend. He was everything that was bad on here. He was a snivelling canadian cvnt*.

Aye I'm the same. I had some good auld tussles. The first thread i ever started was a good 'un. It was about islam. Some muslim geezer called summit mouse was fighting his corner. He had many supporters amongst the more liberal types.

Then he wrote this lol

Post number 89

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/14339739datingPostpage4.aspx

" like to see a woman more than just a juicy piece of meat. However, as a guy it is very hard for me to treat a woman like a woman when I see her in minmal clothing who is openly inviting people to rape her? Not physically, but through their eyes, thoughts, and in every possible imaginary ways. What kind of an impression a woman is leaving by dressing like that?

That woman could be some one's sister. Some one's mother. Some one's wife. Some one's aunt or in some cases some one's grandmother. Could I treat her like my own sister when she is showing all of her assets in sexual way on tv? Hell not. It is not possible.

What is so wrong about preventing men from disrespecting a woman like that?

You tell me this."

It was brilliant. The liberal windbags were in shock. The fvckin idiots who think islam is a peaceful ideology. It made me chuckle again just reading it.

I've posted on the random musing thread on the uk forum. A lad i know well. His missus is my (now deceased alas) pals lassie. Her and Brad have a wee lassie.

Brad got executed last wednesday night. Shot in the head.

THAT is important. Writing on here is just a bit of fun where no fvcker ever changes their outlook on life.

All the virtue signalling, permanently offended by words they do not like. These fvckin arseholes seem to spend their lives coming up with even more idiocy than they post on here.

They are too fvckin idiotic to see that THEY are causing the backlash against their identity shite.

K to the J

Happenin hen? How was your Easter then? It was roasting hot here over the weekend. 20 degrees.

Far too hot for me. Had a good drink on sunday though in the Iona Bar. Much beer and gin was guzzled.

You have a good week hen
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8659
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 10:38:05 AM
Hello Vlad...

Other than waking up to Radical Islamic Terrorist attacks on Easter Sunday...my day was full of blessings. Five generations all under one roof. The newest being a beautiful, one month old baby girl! Sounds like you might have had a bit more fun than I, though! :)

Ps....Could someone tell Obama & Clinton that:

Christians...worship....Christ and...celebrate...Easter??? We are not "Easter Worshipers"!
 jackal44
Msg: 8660
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 11:18:21 AM
Vlad, Frank in the end was just another poster here, although he seemed to be particularly contemptuous of people who did not agree with his opinions.. Most of us are here for the entertainment aspect of the forums (I mean here on the off topics, obviously many are here to date)...Frank seemed to be more serious about what was said here than most though. So take him for what he was worth......

As for me, I am fully cognizant of the problem with the Muslim religion, at least among those who buy into its intolerance. Still, it was not all that long ago that Christianity was very intolerant..still is. They are so wrapped up in the word of God that they have no problem inflicting their opinions on the rest of us..that is where the problems arise.

I get people think the Jews have caused lots of problems, especially in Israel, but the Jews always kept to themselves, never attempted to inflict their beliefs on others. Conversion was never a part of their Shtick. Hell and eternal damnation was never part of their Shtick either. After the defeat of the ottoman empire, they saw their opportunity to finally live how they liked by reclaiming their vacated homeland. Nothing wrong with that imho. Too bad they ended up in a quarrel with the Muslims over Israel instead of working things out early on...but not surprising I suppose.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8661
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 11:32:50 AM
^Rep Ilhan Omar:

"It's all about the Benjamins, baby!"

The future of the Democratic party. Good luck with that.

Btw..."Netanyahu Says He Plans to Have a Golan Heights Community Named After Trump"

jackal44
Msg: 8662
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 11:46:24 AM
^^^^ if Omar becomes the face of the Dem party then I will go back to being independent. We can agree she is an antisemite and anti-israel. But I see her more as an outlier than anything right now. If the Dems turn against Israel than the Jews will flock to the Republicans in the end as there will be no other viable alternative. But no matter how much they all say it..Trump is not the Republican party. Its just the Repubs have no ability to take him on or counter him given the rabid cult Trump has backing him, including those chanting "Jews will not replace us". The thing is Ms. KJ, Trump is very pro Israel and that is good, otoh, Trump is an anethma to Jewish values of decency, integrity, love of freedom of dissent, etc. So we will see how it all goes.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8663
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 12:26:49 PM
^Your party leader Nancy Pelosi does not agree that Omar is an antisemite.

And neither does David Duke...he loves her....

"Former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke Endorses Ilhan Omar, “Most Important Member of the US Congress!” <----with heart emojis, too. ;)

It would appear the "rabid cult" realized that conservatives & Trump love Israel and, thus, made the return to their origins...the Democrat party! Lol
 jackal44
Msg: 8664
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 12:58:36 PM
^^^^ nevertheless, I cannot in good faith support a terrible man like Trump simply because he supports Israel. I have always taken the position that the USA has no choice but to support Israel, because the last thing anybody wants is for Israel to defend itself with nuclear weapons....everybody that is but the right wingers who love Israel because Israel is the fulfillment of the prophesies.

I mean, it does not make my heart go pitter patter to recognize most of the religious are supporting Israel because they are awaiting the rapture and a one way ticket to heaven, whereas, of course the Jews and all other Heathens have a one way ticket to hell. Just cannot go with that sort of reasoning.

As for Omar..she is one rep in a sea of reps and I agree the Dems should have censored her....but right now I will still stick with the Dems because they are still a party that has a little morality and decency. The repubs...not so much.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8665
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 1:41:57 PM
"I will still stick with the Dems because they are still a party that has a little morality and decency. The repubs...not so much."

LMAO! Thank you! Needed that! :D

When the time comes....remember....you knew they were snakes when you let them in. ;)

"I mean, it does not make my heart go pitter patter to recognize most of the religious are supporting Israel because they are awaiting the rapture and a one way ticket to heaven, whereas, of course the Jews and all other Heathens have a one way ticket to hell. Just cannot go with that sort of reasoning."

How is it that you know this? And how is it that Jews will go to Hell if they are "God's Chosen"?

Ps....Did you know that Israel Temple organizations put Trump's profile on one side and King Cyrus on the other of a half-shekel? I have to order one!
 jackal44
Msg: 8666
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 2:17:57 PM
^^^^ I of course do not believe the Jews are going to hell. As you should know, I don't even believe in Hell...no "loving" or "just" God would create such a place, and if Jesus was God and was jewish, and if the Jews are "chosen", we are pretty much in the sweet spot as far as heaven goes....

Regardless, Paul Krugman, Nobel prize winning economist opinion piece today in the NYT...Trump hires only the best:

Paul Krugman
Opinion Columnist

A month ago Donald Trump announced that he would nominate Stephen Moore for a seat on the Federal Reserve’s board of governors. Economists were shocked: Moore is a known hack — a true believer in voodoo economics, a goldbug who has suddenly reversed positions and demands easy money now that Trump is in the White House, so consistent in getting his facts wrong that the Kansas City Star declared that it would never publish another of his op-eds.

Once news organizations began looking into his background, it turned out that he isn’t just a terrible economist, he’s a bad person too — a misogynist who was found in contempt of court for failing to pay alimony and child support.

But the real killer quotation from Moore’s record is his one-time declaration that “Capitalism is a lot more important than democracy.” What we learned over the last few days is that almost the entire Republican Party has the same view.
The Mueller report confirmed what anyone reading The New York Times and other “fake news” sources already pretty much knew: Russia intervened in our election, Trump’s people knew about and welcomed this interference, and since taking office Trump has tried to prevent investigation into what happened. This goes along with a broader story: The occupant of the White House clearly prefers foreign autocrats to our democratic allies. And he has done all that he can to subvert the rule of law here in the United States.
None of this, however, seems to disturb the Republican establishment, which is more solidly behind Trump than ever.
To understand why all you have to do is follow the money. Trump’s only major legislative achievement was a huge tax cut that disproportionately benefited the rich.

Even more important, you should compare what a re-elected Trump would do with what a Democratic president would probably do. There’s pretty much a consensus on the Democratic side that social spending should rise, with at bare minimum an expansion of the Affordable Care Act, paid for with taxes on people with high incomes and/or wealth.
So imagine yourself as one of the billionaire donors who are the (usually stealthy) backbone of modern conservatism. On one side, your conscience as a U.S. citizen should make you horrified about Trumpism, with its rejection, literally, of truth, justice, and the American way. On the other side, your financial interests are best served by keeping Trump in power: He will cut your taxes, while a Democrat would increase them. Which do you choose?
Well, we’ve seen the answer. The G.O.P. establishment, which has consistently reflected the interests of the very rich, is more Trump-loyal than ever. God help America.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8667
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 2:29:11 PM
^We could solve that problem by abolishing the Federal Reserve. :)

jackal44
Msg: 8668
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 4:16:06 PM
^^^^The issue of the Fed is another issue removed from Trump nominating the most incompetent people ever.
..more Krugman below..your party Ms KJ:

The Great Republican Abdication
A party that no longer believes in American values.

April 22, 2019

So all the “fake news” was true. A hostile foreign power intervened in the presidential election, hoping to install Donald Trump in the White House. The Trump campaign was aware of this intervention and welcomed it. And once in power, Trump tried to block any inquiry into what happened.

Never mind attempts to spin this story as somehow not meeting some definitions of collusion or obstruction of justice. The fact is that the occupant of the White House betrayed his country. And the question everyone is asking is, what will Democrats do about it?

But notice that the question is only about Democrats. Everyone (correctly) takes it as a given that Republicans will do nothing. Why?

Because the modern G.O.P. is perfectly willing to sell out America if that’s what it takes to get tax cuts for the wealthy. Republicans may not think of it in those terms, but that’s what their behavior amounts to.

The truth is that the G.O.P. faced its decisive test in 2016, when almost everyone in the Republican establishment lined up behind a man fully known to be a would-be authoritarian who was unfit morally, temperamentally and intellectually for high office.

In their chilling book “How Democracies Die,” Steven Levitsky and Daniel Ziblatt call this “the great Republican abdication.” The party’s willingness to back behavior it would have called treasonous if a Democrat did it is just more of the same.

Levitsky and Ziblatt say that when mainstream politicians abdicate responsibility in the face of a leader who threatens democracy, it’s usually for one of two reasons. Either they have the misguided belief that he can be controlled, or they’re willing to go along because his agenda overlaps with theirs — that is, they believe that he’ll give them what they want.

At this point it’s hard to imagine that anyone still believes that Trump can be controlled. But he is delivering on the Republican establishment’s agenda — certainly far more than any Democrat would.

The key point is that Republicans are committed to a policy agenda that is deeply unpopular. By large margins, the American public believes that corporations and the wealthy don’t pay their fair share in taxes. By even larger margins, the public opposes cuts to safety-net programs like Medicaid. Yet as far as I can tell, every G.O.P. budget proposal over the past decade has combined big tax cuts for the rich with savage cuts in Medicaid.

If the Republican agenda is so unpopular, how does the party win elections? Partly by lying about its policies. But mainly the G.O.P.’s political achievements depend on identity politics — white identity politics. Exploiting racial resentment to capture white working-class voters, while pursuing policies that benefit only the wealthy, has been the core of the party’s political strategy for decades. That’s why, in an increasingly diverse country, Republican support has stayed overwhelmingly white.

In a fundamental sense, Trumpism is the culmination of that strategy. Commentators keep calling Trump a “populist,” but the only way in which he actually caters to working-class white voters is by appealing to their racial animus. He may be successful in doing so partly because it’s the only thing about his political persona that’s sincere: All indications are that he really is a racist.

His substantive policies, however, have followed the standard right-wing agenda: In 2017 he passed a huge tax cut, largely for corporations, that disproportionately benefited the wealthy, and almost succeeded in repealing Obamacare, in the process gutting Medicaid.

And these policies have endeared him to the G.O.P.’s money men. “Deep-pocketed Republicans who snubbed Donald Trump in 2016 are going all in for him in 2020,” reports Politico.

They’re doing so even though they know that Trump was installed in office in part thanks to Russian aid, that his financial entanglements with foreign governments pose huge conflicts of interest and that he consistently shows a preference for dictatorships over our democratic allies.

As I said, the modern G.O.P. is perfectly willing to sell out America if that’s what it takes to get tax cuts for the wealthy.

Once you accept this reality, two conclusions follow.

First, anyone expecting bipartisanship in dealing with the aftermath of the Mueller report — in particular, anyone suggesting that Democrats should wait for G.O.P. support before proceeding with investigations that might lead to impeachment — is being deluded. Trump is giving the Republican establishment what it wants, and it will stick with him no matter what.

Second, it’s later than you think for American democracy. Before 2016 you could have wondered whether Republicans would, in extremis, be willing to take a stand in defense of freedom and rule of law. At this point, however, they’ve already taken that test, and failed with flying colors.

The simple fact is that one of our two major parties — the one that likes to wrap itself in the flag — no longer believes in American values. And it’s very much up in the air whether America as we know it will survive.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8669
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 6:14:21 PM
^Wait till he finds out it was Hillary colluding with Russians to write her "Dirty Dossier" and that Obama has been spying on everyone since at least 2012!

Research Admiral Mike Rogers...702(17) queries. ;)

Good times, ahead! Y'all are in for some surprises! :))))
 celeste_bella
Msg: 8670
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 6:30:16 PM

Wait till he finds out it was Hillary colluding with Russians to write her "Dirty Dossier" and that Obama has been spying on everyone since at least 2012!

That sounds like something Sean Hannity would say. I suggest Steven Colbert instead.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 8671
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 7:00:31 PM
^Hannity does have great ratings but I can not say I am much of a fan.

Steven Colbert? No thanks. :)

N2U18
Msg: 8672
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 7:09:00 PM
There is that Attkisson v. DOJ/FBI case still going on.

https://twitter.com/SharylAttkisson/status/1120860196765601793

If the Trump Administration would do anything similar to the Obama Administration, I think the Dems would Impeach Trump. I’d put my rent money on that!
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 8673
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 7:17:56 PM
@drac

There are constant protests about the way the nhs is in decline.

Just tell them that you want as much money spent on healthcare....as they spend on your Royals, and on weaponry.

But just why we give aid to india is beyond me.

Just a wild guess.....but maybe because your nation had subjugated, oppressed, pillaged, etc....countries like India for decades if not longer....................and perhaps, somebody in your leadership with a conscience....decided to make some amends...............but I could be wrong!

i thought you said that was according to the uk press? But it is quite amusing watching all the dafties on both sides over there apologising for any indiscretion

I read and watch many news outlets here......and I'm not constantly seeing candidates perpetually apologizing....maybe your press is splicing video clips..........The times I saw some of them apologize was in the aftermath of it becoming public....and since then, nothing lewd or horrendous has been revealed......I thought the apologies were excessive, but then I also think that these things are politically motivated and they are just doing it to placate those on the fringes.

I think you have went a bit over the top though with the comparison you speak off....

Not at all............Trump is cut from the same cloth as Hitler was.........don't make the MISTAKE of thinking that he is nowhere as bad, simply because he has not committed any atrocities.......Trump just hasn't been given that chance, but if he had the power to create a secret police, or dissolve Congress....he would jump on it like a fly on chit......make no mistake, this is a dangerous megalomaniac second to none.

So when are yous going to let your collective balls drop and oppose the seemingly endless wars?

you know its quite funny......because Obama inherited the Iraq and Afghan war from GWB....and when he hinted at the intention that he wanted to phase out troops in these 2 countries....he was dubbed as being "weak" on Islam & terror in general (mostly by the GOP)............but we keep electing war mongers...that give us a false sense of well being...and then we keep looking for conflicts, to show those who voted for them...that the new toys work!

Are there any of the would be presidential democrat candidates for 2020 who would say that they would stop american military involvement overseas? And use the money saved on infrastructure?

Most of them are saying that.........but you will never win over the "dafties" that vote for war-mongers, who stupidly think that spending more money on weapons will keep them safe....as we already spend more than Russia, China, EU put together!

```````````````````````````````

That sounds like something Sean Hannity would say.

Didn't you know that SH is their political intercessor....... to the high priest of hate!
 vlad dracul
Msg: 8674
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 7:43:01 PM
LeFou
"@drac
There are constant protests about the way the nhs is in decline.

Just tell them that you want as much money spent on healthcare....as they spend on your Royals, and on weaponry."

We do tell them. But they never listen. Which is probably why the liblabcon parties are losing voters to populist parties. As for the royal family. Personally i think they should receive no money from tax payers. As for weaponry if our completely out of touch politicians stopped meddling in other nations affairs then we could save money..............

"But just why we give aid to india is beyond me.

Just a wild guess.....but maybe because your nation had subjugated, oppressed, pillaged, etc....countries like India for decades if not longer....................and perhaps, somebody in your leadership with a conscience....decided to make some amends...............but I could be wrong!"

Yep. You are wrong.................

"i thought you said that was according to the uk press? But it is quite amusing watching all the dafties on both sides over there apologising for any indiscretion

I read and watch many news outlets here......and I'm not constantly seeing candidates perpetually apologizing....maybe your press is splicing video clips..........The times I saw some of them apologize was in the aftermath of it becoming public....and since then, nothing lewd or horrendous has been revealed......I thought the apologies were excessive, but then I also think that these things are politically motivated and they are just doing it to placate those on the fringes."

And yet apart from the guardian link all the others were american press. A google search pulled up many news outlets from america regarding this apologising. Maybe we get different american press than yous do...........

"I think you have went a bit over the top though with the comparison you speak off....

Not at all............Trump is cut from the same cloth as Hitler was.........don't make the MISTAKE of thinking that he is nowhere as bad, simply because he has not committed any atrocities.......Trump just hasn't been given that chance, but if he had the power to create a secret police, or dissolve Congress....he would jump on it like a fly on chit......make no mistake, this is a dangerous megalomaniac second to none."

Nope. You definitely went over the top and displayed TDS...............

"So when are yous going to let your collective balls drop and oppose the seemingly endless wars?

you know its quite funny......because Obama inherited the Iraq and Afghan war from GWB....and when he hinted at the intention that he wanted to phase out troops in these 2 countries....he was dubbed as being "weak" on Islam & terror in general (mostly by the GOP)............but we keep electing war mongers...that give us a false sense of well being...and then we keep looking for conflicts, to show those who voted for them...that the new toys work!"

So why did his administration not show leadership and stop those conflicts? Did you not say earlier that you admire leaders who lead in the best interests of citizens?...............

"Are there any of the would be presidential democrat candidates for 2020 who would say that they would stop american military involvement overseas? And use the money saved on infrastructure?

Most of them are saying that.........but you will never win over the "dafties" that vote for war-mongers, who stupidly think that spending more money on weapons will keep them safe....as we already spend more than Russia, China, EU put together!"

But surely clinton then obama could have said that your military were going to wind down operations abroad? And why did voters who were not war mongers vote for er war mongers?

Even inherited conflicts can be stopped. But yous lots leaders apparently do not have the will. Or maybe a nice wee cash dropsy or a nice big donation to their electoral fighting fund swayed their mind?

I seem to mind obama changing his mind about homosexual marriage. Once george clooney held a $40,000 PER HEAD dinner which was promised as a donation. IF he changed his mind on homosexual marriage.

Aye principles have a habit of being abandoned when a nice wedge of cash is involved.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 8675
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 9:43:04 AM
1) as for the lament that Chump won't stop America's war mongering...the real issue is he is picking up the worst of the worst. He's letting in the neo-cons like Bolton in to make foriegn policy. anyone who seriously wants to discuss "the Deep State", has no choice but to discuss this Republican version and its PNAC.

2)" i have never been able to figure out how anyone could NOT love chump"

>>>regardless of his loss of the popular vote and his low poll numbers, i still can understand where this mindset comes from. As i've posted before, the more you are like chump, the less you can see his issues. for example, if you regard the value of women the way he regards them, you aren't turned off by his misogyny. if you value male privilege, you aren't turned off by his view he can grab any woman by the P. if you don't find xenophobia racist, you aren't bothered. if you're support for veterans is selective, you don't worry about what he continues to say about the late McCain. if you see pathological lying as just truth stretching, he never triggers your bullshit meter. you can't see what looks like your own beliefs. it is interesting, tho the Mueller report isn't giving his poll numbers a bounce.

3) thanks for the 702 reference, i searched and found this. someone got rid of a bad thing the Republicans forced on America under Bush, and it finally got done.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/nsa-surveillance-trump.html

4) why does England give India an allowance? america does it to get countries to buy our own weapons, but India tends to shop russia for weapons and Iran for oil. but i guess the brits want to keep the commonwealth together and not have an in-exit.

5) such a pity in Sri Lanka, the original home of the suicide bomber. Until recently it was the Muslims getting attacked by the Buddhists of all things. Getting rid of the Tamil Tigers hasn't changed much. conflicts, inherited or otherwise, tend not to end quickly enough. too much bad blood results in retaliatory attacks, as allegedly the Sri Lanka ones are an answer to Christchurch. of course, if anyone could wave a magic wand and get rid of the need to build weapons of war to be sold to other countries...how many westerners would be cast out of jobs?

4) the Daily Show had an interesting interview last night, about how Chump respects Nancy Pelosi (he still hasn't given her a nickname). Probably b/c she can keep her party in line and Chump cannot (tho i guess its easier when you have a boogeyman like Chump. a lot of GOP is realizing Chump's Establishment policies of tax cuts, trickle down, and let's hurt the american worker doesn't fly well with voters). chump's love of dictators, xenophobia, support for "good Nazis", pledge to pay for people to beat up demonstrators, and his willingness to obstruct investigations does give him the air of Hitler 1930's.

what he lacks, is a populace living under 1000% inflation and corporations that can trust him to keep markets stable (notice what oil's been doin' since he tried to lock up Iran's flow? and its in spring, too, what a classic time)
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?