Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dragonbytes
Msg: 878
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump be the end of days?Page 36 of 321    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)

Y'all really should pace yourselves you got 206 1/2 weeks left of President Trump bashing and possibly 208 more after that. And only 40 mins until the next controversy.......Trump's SCOTUS pick. Busy times! :)

Don't you admire our work ethic?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 879
Will President Elect Donald Trump be the end of days?
Posted: 1/31/2017 4:30:48 PM

Y'all really should pace yourselves

Pace ourselves...?!? There is absolutely no need for that... We can go all night, and then some... 206 weeks is a drop in the bucket... We're just getting ready for a second round at that point...

You know what they say... "Once you go liberal, everything else is just a disappointment"...
 Kj521
Msg: 880
Posted: 1/31/2017 4:45:07 PM
The work ethic is admirable, Mr. Dragon.....just a wee bit too negative for my tastes, though. :)

"206 weeks is a drop in the bucket... We're just getting ready for a second round at that point..."

That's fantastic! Let's hope the Democrats have a more electable candidate next time. Of course, it would be fun to see Hillary run against Trump again seeing how he has already filed for reelection.

"You know what they say... "Once you go liberal, everything else is just a disappointment"..."

I'll have to take your word on that Joe. :D
 Ouija2025
Msg: 881
Posted: 1/31/2017 4:53:53 PM
well, except it was a skinny white guy living in Quebec. Details. Who really needs them
"In the face of protests, lawsuits, internal grumbling, an international backlash and a partial climb-down, the Trump administration invoked Quebec City's mosque attack to defend its travel ban on seven majority-Muslim countries.

The controversial policy faced attacks on multiple fronts, capped late Monday by surprise announcements: the acting attorney general appointed by former president Barack Obama declared she wouldn't defend the order, and was fired."

Ban all skinny white Uni students instead. Problem solved
“Windmill or no windmill, he said, life would go on as it had always gone on--that is, badly.”
 Maleman999
Msg: 882
Posted: 1/31/2017 5:01:52 PM
Trump must be really confused, because when he was campaigning and told his supporters at rallies that he was going to stop Muslims from entering the country because they are all terrorists (just like all Mexicans are murderers), everybody went wild and cheered him on like he was a rock star. He hit the jackpot by telling them what they wanted to hear.

And now, when he implemented a plan for that, the people who are showing up are protesters who are against the plan. So he's probably wondering: "Where are all of the people who went wild with happiness when I told them of the ban plan at my rallies? How come they haven't shown up to support me? I need my daily fix of being told how great I am. I better backtrack and deny saying what I said since my supporters aren't here to save me." I wonder if Trump still plans to pay the legal fees for any of his supporters if one of them gets in a tussle with a protester. Or maybe he will just grant them a presidential pardon right off the bat.
 John252817
Msg: 883
Posted: 1/31/2017 5:26:45 PM
Ahhhh, a great night as Gorsuch nominated to the SCOTUS. I hope Chris Matthews and Chris Hayes of msnbc breathe deeply because wow are they p issed!! YIKES!!! Democrats are not happy but after the general election, we all knew what type of Justice would be named. Schumer and company can cry all they want but you are seeing the beginning of what type of SCOTUS will be for the next 30-40 years at a minimum!!! Liberals, breathe, take deep breaths!!!!!
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 884
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2017 5:40:04 PM
GTO, who must have a very good carpal tunnel Doctor, wrote:

Meanwhile, in the Pacific, Chump is handing things over to the Chinese. He couldn't get the tanks he wanted for the inauguration speech b/c the Pentagon said it would chew up the pavement of DC, so he's hoping to balloon the budget with a Pacific navy. But while that gets built, China has the room to expand now that TPP isn't locking it out from local trade deals...and Iran has classically been a trading partner, even tho its not near the Pacific but it does have access to oil they'd like for economic purposes.

So.......we're supposed to accept a bad trade deal..i.e...the TPP.... to protect us from a country who's rising economic influence is a result of another bad trade deal? Nope. I'm glad Trump scuttled the TPP. Let China expand. We can only look in the mirror as to who enabled that. Duh. Export your industrial might to a country with the size and human resources of China.......and now we don't want China to exert its influence we gave them? I hope it comes to bite us in the you know what. We deserve it.

GTO wrote:

but, does one recognize and enjoy a benefit they expect to get? Does one recognize the injustice that they never got slapped in the face with? even Karl Marx noticed in the Communist Manifesto, that societies tend to split into haves and have nots, b/c economies are a zero sum game. he thought that if people got class consciousness, that if the working poor stopped worrying about the ethnicity of other working class poor, and decided the wealthy factory owner was to blame for poor pay, not some other ethnicity willing to work for less, then the working class might rise up as
one. So who is it that convinces the hoi polloi that Mexicans coming over the border are the threat to jobs, not wealthy bankers and factory owners?

Sure.....but it's a circular argument. The elites want more illegal immigrants to further their enrichment...cheap, compliant labor.....so, in a way, resisting illegal immigration - legal immigration too - undermines the cheap labor that helps the elites increase profits and power. So, in a way, being anti-immigrant is an indirect way to neuter the elites.
Of course I would favor an insurrection directly against the elites, particularly Wall Street and big business, who are the real enemy.....but that is not likely to happen....since the corporate controlled MSM generally serves its purpose of keeping all the rabble (commoners such as us) bickering amongst each other.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 885
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2017 6:10:24 PM

The work ethic is admirable, Mr. Dragon.....just a wee bit too negative for my tastes, though. :)

Really, you don't think Trump's campaign was the most negative in modern history? What would you expect to happen after that, rainbows and lollipops?
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 886
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 1/31/2017 6:41:20 PM
McConnell demands Democrats treat Trump's Supreme Court nominee like Republicans treated Obama's.

Are all our Republican leaders suffering from an inability to remember their own statements from one day to the next?

2016 McConnell vs 2017 McConnell------------->>> https://youtu.be/_H6rjextSrM
 John252817
Msg: 887
Posted: 1/31/2017 6:59:53 PM
A great night indeed! I wonder where Harry Reid is tonight??????? Well, if need be, looks like we will follow in Harry's footsteps as far as that simple majority. YIKES!! Like that old saying, watch what you wish for. Well that is possibly going to come back to "roost" very soon with this great SCOTUS nominee. I can just feel the dejection on many in here and out in the country who are looking for those kleenex's. It's ok, it will only last around FOUR decades. Have a nice evening Harry and Chuck Schumer.
 gtomustang
Msg: 888
Posted: 1/31/2017 7:04:48 PM
I come neither to praise nor to bury the TPP...but theoretically, one of its intentions was to protect intellectual property. That may have been a good thing, or it may have become a bad thing. Now its probably moot, unless the other members decide to form their own TPP, with rules about patents and IP.

Elites have wanted cheap labor since the first Egyptian decided to put up a pyramid. America takes it an extra step by using computers to replace labor. Like putting GPS chips in wooden pallets used for delivery, b/c tracking via satellite is cheaper than buying a new piece of wood. And meanwhile the truckers are being tracked, as well--dwaddle too long grabbing a cuppa joe and chatting up the cute girl at your stop, and you get a text asking what's wrong. So much for the old days when the trucker left the boss behind at the depot. Swiping a card to pay for gas or to use an ATM, using the self check out computerized register, leaving a voicemail--these aren't jobs lost to immigrants. These are jobs lost BY US, using a computer to accomplish these tasks. We forget how high tech we are, so used to it by now.

I wouldn't mind an insurrection, but the wealthy have a use. They need regulation, and guess what Chump wants to do, exactly? Kill regulation, thinking it costs business money. now if they get that money back and cut taxes too, will they do profit sharing for the employees? we all know the answer.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 889
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2017 8:28:59 PM
GTO wrote:

I come neither to praise nor to bury the TPP...but theoretically, one of its intentions was to protect intellectual property. That may have been a good thing, or it may have become a bad thing. Now its probably moot, unless the other members decide to form their own TPP, with rules about patents and IP.

I just wonder why we want to give away more jobs to protect us from a country that stole our jobs. Manufacture overseas, bear the risk of IP theft, far as I'm concerned. I'm always happy to hear of Chinese knockoffs of American goods....serves 'em right for making it over there anyways.

Elites have wanted cheap labor since the first Egyptian decided to put up a pyramid. America takes it an extra step by using computers to replace labor. Like putting GPS chips in wooden pallets used for delivery, b/c tracking via satellite is cheaper than buying a new piece of wood. And meanwhile the truckers are being tracked, as well--dwaddle too long grabbing a cuppa joe and chatting up the cute girl at your stop, and you get a text asking what's wrong. So much for the old days when the trucker left the boss behind at the depot. Swiping a card to pay for gas or to use an ATM, using the self check out computerized register, leaving a voicemail--these aren't jobs lost to immigrants. These are jobs lost BY US, using a computer to accomplish these tasks. We forget how high tech we are, so used to it by now.
Sure, automation is unstoppable. But automation equipment should not be as cheap as it is because it is made offshore in countries where they have unequal tariffs, subsidies, currency manipulation, etc. etc. Thus, if trade were fair, the break even decision would be higher on automation equipment, thus preserving real jobs. In effect, the U.S. workers aren't even getting the jobs making the equipment that takes their jobs. Sounds about right, considering how our trade is managed.

I wouldn't mind an insurrection, but the wealthy have a use. They need regulation, and guess what Chump wants to do, exactly? Kill regulation, thinking it costs business money. now if they get that money back and cut taxes too, will they do profit sharing for the employees?
I really have to look in detail about what he wants to deregulate. Generally I'm against deregulation though. However, I believe an unavoidable part of globalism is we become more like the undeveloped world, and they become more like us. That's why I am generally against globalism dictated by capitalism. There's a cost to that cheap cell phone. As far as taxes, I firmly oppose reducing corporate taxes, except if they replace it with a VAT/Import tax, which I understand they are evaluating. The thing I can't figure out, though, is why nobody ever wants to go after tax offshore tax evaders...I would think there would be a broad agreement everywhere that it's a good step. Even conservatives I talk to would support that.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 890
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2017 6:02:16 AM
A lot has been made about the petition banning president the donald getting a state visit over here. Another poll is active supporting the state visit and numbers a few hundred thousand so far. So it needs to be debated in parliament.

Watching the politics show this morning andrew 'brillo pad' neill ran rings around the shadow housing minister john healey regarding president the donalds state visit asking why parliament never got their knickers in a twist when the chinese premiere got a state visit. He also mentioned the lord mayor of londons reception and why did mp's and sjw's not protest?...............

"Just hours after demanding the government rescinds its invite to President Trump over his travel ban, Sadiq Khan will tonight host a City Hall reception with 11 dignitaries whose countries bar Israeli citizens from entering. Bangladesh, Brunei, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Pakistan, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen will all be represented at the gathering of ambassadors this evening.

All 11 of these countries block travel to Israeli passport holders. Khan will use tonight’s party to criticise Trump’s ban as “cruel, prejudiced and counterproductive.” While dining with 11 diplomats whose countries have done the same for years…"

https://order-order.com/2017/01/31/khan-hosting-party-tonight-with-11-nations-who-ban-israelis/

Now we all know how pollsters got it so terribly wrong regarding the last uk election, brexit and president the donald. But this is an interesting poll which gives a different picture regarding president the donalds state visit.......

"Almost half of Britons believe Donald Trump's controversial state visit to the UK should go ahead, while just over a third think it should be cancelled, according to a poll.

More than 1.7 million people have signed a petition to Parliament calling for the visit to be scrapped, and large demonstrations have been held in London and other cities against the US president's travel ban on people from seven predominantly Muslim states.

But the YouGov poll found a clear majority in favour of the visit planned for later this year, during which Mr Trump would be the guest of the Queen.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2017/02/01/49-of-britons-believe-donald-trump-state-visit-should-go-ahead/
 benartflick
Msg: 891
Posted: 2/1/2017 6:15:40 AM

Let's hope the Democrats have a more electable candidate next time.

I hope so! I wanted Oprah to run last time. Perhaps even Dee and you might have voted for her over Trump.

I gotta say Dee and you make a lot of sense - unusual for Republicans.

I grew up and worked in hardcore liberal states, RI & Ct, and I don't recall any of my fellow Democrats being anything like Madonna, Streep, and a few of the members here. My guess the liberals you know are nothing like a few of the ones you and Dee encounter on this forum.

I can't get over my side (Democrats) fighting for second rate healthcare and fines for poor workers unable to afford it.

Of course those without a job don't have to worry about it. Our government provides them free first rate healthcare. They even get to choose their doctor: unlike Medicare and Obamacare.

Plenty of poor workers barely surviving on 35 grand a year gotta pay the fines 'cause they can't afford over 5 grand a year for health insurance. Even living in Florida it gotta be difficult existing on less than 40 grand a year.

Fines for not having health insurance:

Per person
• $695 per adult
• $347.50 per child under 18
• Maximum: $2,085
 gtomustang
Msg: 892
Posted: 2/1/2017 6:45:41 AM
SS454, I would like to think--and of course, no plan ever survives first contact with reality--that First World nations may lose some jobs but get others. For example, boring, repetitive assembly line jobs that require no skill and thus pay little (by First World comparison). What's a living wage in a Third World may not be one in a First. If I could wave a magic wand and have low pay, low skill jobs move to a country of even poorer farmers who can't scratch out a daily meal for their family, then that nation gets an Industrial Revolution. That means my nation moves on to higher skilled, higher pay jobs. But then there's the question of research and development--what corporation is going to invent a new drug or whatever if the Chinese can rip it off easily?

now, there is an argument that other nations already don't respect intellectual property, but I don't want to ignite your carpel tunnel :) I have a wonderful morning exercise for that. As for cheap automation, its good and bad. Its nice to live like the Jetsons and be able to shop at midnight with a computer, or consult things like the weather on a cellphone or whatever other device (as an aside, I remember growing up and thinking I didn't need to know math or grammar b/c we'd all have devices to handle that when I was an adult. still, its nice to be able to figure out a restaurant tip in my head without having to pull out a calculator). But the last job I had, a coworker retired and my boss thought it was great we didn't have to replace her with a human being--a computer could do her labor, and I just had to monitor the end result (ironically she wasn't great at her job, so I tended to monitor her end result as a habit anyway). So that was one less person earning a paycheck.

Technology/automation is a double edged sword.

So is deregulation. Trump wants automatically to lose 2 regs with every one added (excluding defense/nat sec), and wants a bunch of financial deregulations, like Dodd Frank that curbs risky investments. He's got a few Goldman Sachs boys in his cabinet, so that's not a surprise. But letting the markets run roughshod, well, we've been there before, and recently.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/26/trumps-deregulation-pledge-harmful-to-everybody-hufeld.html

Conservative viewpoint of Trump Tax Plan

https://taxfoundation.org/details-and-analysis-donald-trump-s-tax-plan

what I hate is when corporations get tax breaks and as a result the tax burden goes to individuals. Like for instance, a 7 year property tax break so that people working for the company and living nearby have to pay a higher mill rate. Bank loan interest rates are low, corporations are sitting on offshore profits, and where are they putting their money? Into buying competitors, to tap their customer base....and fire repetitive employees. Economies should be trickle up, not trickle down.

But the Golden Rule is an old rule, and its always said...those with the gold, makes the rules.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 893
Posted: 2/1/2017 7:31:51 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/green-card-holder-dies-a-day-after-being-prevented-from-returning-home-by-trump%e2%80%99s-order-report-says/ar-AAmu10G?li=BBnb7Kz

Lawful US resident dies after denied re-entry, by Trump's edict...and for no other reason except her country of origin.

a person has a better chance of getting sympathy from a hungry crocodile, than from this administration.
 John252817
Msg: 894
Posted: 2/1/2017 7:36:23 AM
Chuck Schumer, what a piece of work, one of only 6 people voting against Elaine Chow as Transportation Sec. Chow is the wife of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. Obviously why he did what he did, I hope the "tears of joy" weren't noticeable when he voted no. But then again, he never shed a tear on 9/11. Now he sounds like he will try to block Gorsuch on the SC. All this and this is the Democrats leader??? YIKES, no wonder the dem party is in shambles and only going to get worse. Gorsuch will be confirmed, no matter how it plays out, how ever many dems cry and try to block. 30-40- years of Mr Gorsuch.
 gtomustang
Msg: 895
Posted: 2/1/2017 8:01:57 AM
only fair to return to the Republicans what they did

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/16/us/politics/more-republicans-say-theyll-block-supreme-court-nomination.html?_r=0

Their claim was they wanted to let America decide who it wanted to choose a SCJ. Well, America voted twice for Obama. That means even YOU voted to let Obama make the choice. Twice, in fact. And Obama choose someone the Republicans didn't have a problem with.

They just had a problem with letting a black man make the choice for someone they liked. The GOP should have listened to people like you, John, who voted twice to let Obama choose the SCJ, since it was inevitable one would come up during the two terms, considering the average age of the SC is like oh, 105.7 years old :)
 John252817
Msg: 896
Posted: 2/1/2017 8:22:32 AM
"Twice, in fact. And Obama choose someone the Republicans didn't have a problem with.

They just had a problem with letting a black man make the choice for someone they liked."

^^^^^^^^ YIKES gto, which side of your mouth will you talk out of next??? Twice the repubs voted for Obama's picks but THEN, because he was black, they didn't. I can see the afflac duck going...huuuuhhhhhhh???? Last year we were in an election year when Scalia died, making it correct that the next President should make the next nomination, no matter who won. For me as always, I was very concerned had corrupt Hillary get in but thankfully it didn't happen. gto, you may want to head over to Chuck Schumer's house and talk to him about nominations and maybe have a "cry in". Because it sounds like you are reading right out of Schumer's playbook. YIKES!!!

gto, go back and read Schumer's, your buddy and his remarks in July 2007 in regards to SC nominations.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 897
Posted: 2/1/2017 2:44:59 PM

Yep mate i know about quebec and nationalism but the link i supplied is for extreme right nationalism. I vaguely mind when quebec had a vote regarding seperation.

Which just happens to be... what I was referring to...

Did you REALLY think that the little referendum... was the pinnacle of Quebec nationalism...? Spend some time among the rural Quebecois... and learn what it fully is... and has been pretty much forever...
 gtomustang
Msg: 898
Posted: 2/1/2017 2:57:22 PM
I must have missed the GOP twice voting on Obama's picks to replace Supreme Court Justice Scalia, i'm sure you can refresh my memory, John. we all saw the GOP pulled the "Thurmond Rule" (Back in '68 Republican StromThurmond decided he didn't want LBJ picking Abe Fortas for chief justice, and LBJ said he wasn't running for re-election, so Strom just decided to run out the clock). And thus people like yourself who voted twice for Obama to have the chance to pick a SCJ, got hosed by the GOP.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/despite-moderate-court-pick-gop-refuses-to-consider-obamas-nominee/

Why would the GOP refuse a pick they actually endorsed prior? Its the president's right to pick a replacement for the Supreme Court, his lame-duckness isn't an issue and the Thurmond Rule ain't in the Constitution.

Still, its very nice of you John to believe Schumer was right. I thought you didn't like Amy's cousin. I would have thought you'd think the GOP should always do the opposite of Schumer. Turns out, you're a fan, that's interesting. How many other things do you think Trump should copy?

meawhile, hope this isn't true:

https://medium.com/@jakefuentes/the-immigration-ban-is-a-headfake-and-were-falling-for-it-b8910e78f0c5#.l0aq99jxz

instead of handing out free bread at the Collusium where we watch the immigrants fight, the new Emperor will hand out tax breaks, a reversal of Romney's 47% looking for handouts

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/03/how-to-build-an-autocracy/513872/

Carefree, it would be nice. Alas we have a GOP that gerrymanders itself into power with the help of GOP donors sponsoring the Tea Party, and then we end up with a government for the business, b/c corporations are now people thanks to Citizens United (wonder what Chump's pick for SCOTUS will do to stop/reverse that. Won't hold my breath). the citizens who vote are just a means to an end.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 899
Posted: 2/1/2017 3:10:28 PM
gto wrote in part---
only fair to return to the Republicans what they did

Would it not be great if our Congress was 'fair' to the American people, rather than doing this 'tit for tat' crap amongst themselves? Lordy~
 John252817
Msg: 900
Posted: 2/1/2017 3:28:23 PM
"Twice, in fact. And Obama choose someone the Republicans didn't have a problem with.

They just had a problem with letting a black man make the choice for someone they liked."

^^^^^^^ gto my friend, please explain what this means that you posted. You didn't quote me and my post, atta boy. You are learning, I am happy to help you learn but you still kinda sorta...actually divert still. Looks better but still you are not there yet. I will help you along my friend.
 gtomustang
Msg: 901
Posted: 2/1/2017 8:20:33 PM
Ok, John, I'll explain. You voted for Obama twice. That means that twice, you decided you wanted Obama to be the one who picked the supreme court justice, should the opportunity come up (considering their age, that wasn't a surprise). The GOP decided that your choice to have Obama make the choice, just didn't matter. Even tho Obama's choice was a pick they were actually interested in.

So why weren't they interested in the guy they were interested in? If Obama had picked some pinko leftie Communist, then they'd have a point. But is it because Obama made the choice? What makes "Hussein" Obama different from other Democrats in the past, that they never asked a birth certificate for?

"Obama's presidency has been marked repeatedly by moments where opponents have sought to define him as "other." As recently as September 2015, 43 percent of Republican voters still believed Obama was Muslim despite Obama's strong and consistent public affirmations of his Christian faith. Twenty percent of Americans still thought Obama had been born outside of the United States despite the fact that the president has publicly turned over his birth certificate identifying that he was born in Hawaii. "

"The Supreme Court fight has resurfaced uncomfortable and troubling questions about the nature of the opposition to Obama and the willingness of his opponents to defy norms and conventions that previous presidents were accorded.
"Reagan appointed someone to the court in his last year, LBJ did the same thing," says Michael Eric Dyson," a scholar and author of The Black Presidency: Barack Obama and the Politics of Race. "Why was it legitimate for those men in an earlier epoch, but not Barack Obama? How can we conclude anything but race?"The Supreme Court fight has resurfaced uncomfortable and troubling questions about the nature of the opposition to Obama and the willingness of his opponents to defy norms and conventions that previous presidents were accorded."

"Observers note that opposition to Obama appointing a new justice is coming from two distinct places, both vested with deep racial undertones. On the one hand, this is part of a pattern to stop Obama as he seeks to leave a mark on the country and our collective history, changing the court majority from conservative to liberal. On the other hand, opposition to stop Obama from appointing a nominee comes from a desire to retain the status quo, the symbol of a white majority that is quickly shrinking in America.
"Why is Scalia so important? Why are they willing to do something no Senate has ever done, which is refuse not to review a constitutionally mandated candidate from the president? It is because of those many court cases where Scalia acted on purpose to protect white privilege," says Joe Feagin, a sociologist and professor at Texas A & M, who has studied the culture of racism for decades and is the author of more than 60 books. "Scalia has been a leader on the court for moving backwards on civil rights issues."
Scalia's leadership on the court represented more than just a fondness for constitutional originalism. Scalia played a major role in gutting the Voting Rights Act

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/supreme-court-snub-is-ultimate-delegitimization-of-our-first-black-president

its much easier for Republicans to claim racism doesn't exist, than to deal with the idea that it might...and they should do something about it. unless they think it has to do with them getting a job, and then they're ready to build a wall. That's easier than to admit they may be losing a job to a computer or that they wouldn't pay more for a product made in America either, or that the rich people they wish to be someday, won't let them into the club.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 902
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2017 9:40:04 PM

WASHINGTON — As a senator more than two decades ago, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. argued that President George Bush should delay filling a Supreme Court vacancy, should one arise, until the presidential election was over, and that it was “essential” that the Senate refuse to confirm a nominee to the court until then.

Mr. Biden’s words, though uttered long ago, are a direct contradiction to President Obama’s position in the battle over naming a successor to Justice Antonin Scalia.

Full story here.......
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/23/us/politics/joe-biden-argued-for-delaying-supreme-court-picks-in-1992.html?_r=0
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?