Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 953
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?Page 39 of 321    (25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65)
Trump is (unintentionally) forging a solidarity movement between Jews & Muslims

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-is-forging-peace-between-some-jews-and-muslims/ar-AAmDPqS?li=BBnb7Kz

Trump voters appear to be satisfied with what is happening so far.

So far, nothing of substance has happened......Let us see if the Trumpanzees will be "satisfied" 1 year from now

Isn't it funny... How Trump and his administration is turning out to be everything the right wing-nuts claimed Obama to be... Terrorist affiliated... a lackey to Russia... an international embarrassment to the nation... unconstitutional "over-reacher"...

Unfortunately the Trumpanzees will never acknowledge this^, as they see him as the key towards making America "great" again...but don't ask them how!

To them, as long as they see a "white-man" in the White house....little else matters to them!

Now that Trump is president, is America currently great again?

Sure, as long as it concerns the top 1%
With Tillerson as SOS; with the repeal of Dodd-Frank; and the Fiduciary rules.....they are frothing at the mouth waiting to rape the system with impunity......again!

Ahhh, making crookedness "great" again!
 N2U16
Msg: 954
Facism and its Violence!
Posted: 2/5/2017 4:46:20 PM
It’s fascinating, yet frightening, to witness how easily people can devolve into animalistic behavior. So easily manipulated! As liberal Hollywood and democrat leadership sent out marching orders of violence, “Punch A Nazi”, the world is witnessing the madness.

Notice, as one hyena begins the attack on his prey the excitement level of the pack intensifies. As other members join the attack there is a notable increase of screams chanting “Beat His Azz, Beat His Azz”. The pack inflicts its damage by marking its territory with blood as a warning for others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BZvhYkB4xo

Watching them march down the street is reminiscent of the Ku Klux Klan marching at the 1924 Democratic National Convention.

It was the next day but there was one Trump supporter wearing his red, “Make America Great Again” hat on campus. So offensive that two guys driving by had to stop in the middle of the street, physically attack the Trump supporter and confiscate his red hat. The kicker, just stunning part, is as the two attackers started to drive away one held the Trump supporters red hat in the air and said “FVCK YOU FACIST”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfmeVw4S1MM
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 955
Facism and its Violence!
Posted: 2/5/2017 4:57:42 PM
When you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.
 gtomustang
Msg: 956
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 2/5/2017 5:10:28 PM
1) considering how many times Chump cheated on wives, its ironic he points a finger at anyone else cheating.

2) The MEK, oh boy, there's a group with some history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Mujahedin_of_Iran

http://www.cfr.org/iran/mujahadeen-e-khalq-mek/p9158

They didn't like the Shah, which made them anti-American. The State Dept put them on the terrorist watch list for killing Americans in Iran, Reagan took them off it and supported them since they also went after the Islamic Revolutionary government and Saddam could use them, too. When Bush went into Iraq this century, we went after their terrorist camps and then Rumsfeld declared them "protected persons--a designation that ran against the recommendations of the U.S. Department of State, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, and the International Committee of the Red Cross."

http://www.cfr.org/iran/mujahadeen-e-khalq-mek/p9158

So there's a history of Republicans campaigning for them. Dee and John have posted about a Muslim woman leading a woman's march, let's see what they have to say about this one. I expect the sound of crickets. Leftists can't wait patiently for Chump to do things? I thought he was the high energy guy who was going to hit the ground running. We're not supposed to wait, according to him and his followers. But then, who waits to see if the termites in their house are going to do anything? sometimes its too late to wait. Meanwhile, something interesting about Bannon's potential political power grab.

I predicted, Chump would surround himself with people who would know how to manipulate his narcisism. Maybe it will come true:

http://addictinginfo.org/2017/02/02/the-best-way-to-get-rid-of-president-steve-bannon-is-with-articles-like-this/
 deetristate
Msg: 957
Posted: 2/5/2017 5:14:55 PM
Yawn.
More desperate reaching by leftists.
More changing the subject for lack of a valid response.

My response- Yawn. Who cares.
I guess that you can hear crickets through a yawn.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 958
Posted: 2/5/2017 5:19:36 PM

Msg: 960
Is having Administrative official... who have been "on the payroll" of Muslim terrorists... "Making America Great Again"...?

Can you hear the -------------->crickets?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 959
Posted: 2/5/2017 5:19:37 PM

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-is-forging-peace-between-some-jews-and-muslims/ar-AAmDPqS?li=BBnb7Kz

That article deserves some direct quotation...

Jewish and Muslims activists in the United States are forging alliances like never before in reaction to the president's rhetoric and action toward Muslim immigrants.

Many Jewish organizations have interpreted Trump's executive order banning entry by citizens of seven predominantly Muslim countries as a call to arms. Jewish delegations turned out in mass for a 10,000-strong demonstration Sunday night in New York. ("Granddaughter of Holocaust survivors standing with refugees, Muslims immigrants," read one sign.)

Almost every day in New York this last week there was an interfaith conference or prayer service — involving Christian groups as well as Muslims and Jews — devoted to the current crisis over predominantly Muslim immigrants and refugees.

"We have common interests," said Al Hadj Talib Abdur-Rashid, the imam of the Mosque of Islamic Brotherhood in Harlem. He was one of several Muslim leaders who appeared at a rally in Brooklyn in November after a playground was defaced with pro-Trump graffiti and swastikas. "The same kind of people who bomb synagogues (also) bomb black churches and now mosques."

The week after the election, Jonathan Greenblatt, chief executive of the Anti-Defamation League, raised eyebrows when he declared at a meeting in New York that if Trump imposed a Muslim registry, "this proud Jew will register as Muslim" — a dramatic statement for the head of an organization founded to fight anti-Semitism and protect Jewish identity.

Rabbi Jennie Rosenn, vice president for community engagement of the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, was on the Greek island of Lesbos working with refugees when the news broke last week about Trump's executive order suspending immigration from seven majority-Muslim countries and halting all refugee admissions.

"We are all heartbroken," said Rosenn. "It is a betrayal of what America stands for, what we as Jews stand for, and is a terrible recollection of our own history."

Trump's executive order prompted almost universal condemnation from the leading American Jewish organizations, which often squabble among themselves on issues relating to Israel and gay rights. This time, it was not just from the predictable liberal groups, but also from more traditional groups such as the Orthodox Union and the Rabbinical Council of America. Even the conservative synagogue in Washington, D.C., where President Trump's daughter Ivanka is sending one of her three children to school, spoke up against the ban.
 forumslady
Msg: 960
Posted: 2/5/2017 6:33:28 PM
mungojoe- This ^^^^^ is encouraging.
When you have a president who refuses to mention Jews when discussing the holocaust (Ohhh Tommmm, where AREEEEE you?!), something has gone WAY wrong.
When he got called out, he double downed and STILL refused to associate Jews with the holocaust.
Then, SOOOO many stayed quiet when he said he would NOT pursue the racist alt/right as a terror group, only Muslim's are terrorists, according to Trump.
I hope to see MORE of us come together to put a stop to Trump.
Wouldn't THAT be something?!
Almost everything he does encourages division and it would serve him right to bring people together instead, to BRING HIM DOWN!
 Tomfiend
Msg: 961
Posted: 2/5/2017 8:11:40 PM
Forums lady: what are you suggesting?

I have never had anything against muslims..ever.

I don't even have anything against palistinians other than israel needs to defend itself from its palestinian enemies. They too are victims, and those I have personally known are fine and intelligent people, led astray by their leaders.

I detest Trump. I always have. I do love his support of israel though.

No...my quarrel is with lying, antisemitic leftist trash.

Jews traditionally have stood up.for any groups being discriminated against. They know first hand the evils of discrimination. Those who disciminate against the religious, people like jovan..because they know better..., are as bad or worse than trump.
 forumslady
Msg: 962
Posted: 2/5/2017 9:25:42 PM
Tomfiend- I don't see Jovan "discriminating" against religious people.
Someone can be choose to not be religious, or even to be atheist.
I've seen the interactions between you two.
You fail, again and again, to get Jovan's larger point.
He doesn't hate religion, he doesn't hate religious people.
He has a fundamental problem with people who CLAIM to be religious and use it as an excuse to hate.
There is just TOO much history to deny that religion has been used by many people to advance an agenda that has little to do with what religion is SUPPOSED to stand for.
I am the adult child of a southern baptist deacon.
It was watching people twist religion into something that it was NEVER intended to be that led me to stop attending church.
The bible, when taken as a whole, is MEANT to teach love, inclusion, reaching out to others, saving people.
Those who take PARTS of religious texts, the bible or any other, and use it to persecute, advance hatred, alienate and cause division do so for their OWN selfish reasons that often have VERY little to do with religion.
It's the ultimate in hypocrisy and it's easy enough, ironically, to see what the bible itself says about people who use it in this way.
There isn't anything more galling than to see someone hold a religious text in their hands and call upon it to justify murder, genocide, war and all manner of things it actually calls upon us NOT to do.
Did any of that describe YOU?
If the answer in no, then nothing I said apply's to you.
History speaks for a LOT of people who CLAIMED to be religious, but with each and EVERY action, proved they stand for exactly the opposite of the REAL purpose and calling of religion.
If you are going to keep on INSISTING on bringing up religion, then decide where you stand.
According to religious text, twisting religious text for selfish purpose is blasphemy and the text itself says there is NO greater sin.
 daynadaze
Msg: 963
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2017 10:20:04 PM
About 'choosing' to be an atheist, that's like saying one chooses to be gay or choose to love ice cream or steak, etc., it's not a choice, it's how you see things.

More changing the subject for lack of a valid response.

Yes, that's been brought up many times, and yet you keep doing it while blaming others.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 964
Posted: 2/6/2017 3:28:03 AM
No, I see jovan far more clearly than you see him....most here don't see him for what he is. He can't fool me though. Just like I see cotter far more clearly than you all do. Sorry....my truth is fact. Yours is merely a flase perception.

And by the way, jovan is far more intolerant than most religious people, and far, far, far more obnoxious. He is the biggest a hole on this board, bar none.. Good luck to any woman who ends up in a relationship with him. Gosh...his poor ex wife. I would take up a fund for her if I knew who she was. What she must have gone through.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 965
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2017 4:21:24 AM
Shoutyjoe
I looked up that geezer from quebec you mentioned and have saved some stuff to have a gander at when I'm laid up. I also see you posted this........

"Jonathan Greenblatt, chief executive of the Anti-Defamation League,"

Have you ever watched the film Defamation? The young israeli geezer does a cracking job on the adl. They were sympathetic to him at first because he is jewish. But once he exposes the adl as a money making machine they turn on him.

Also when in the film he is allowed to travel with israeli school bairns on a trip to poland to visit auschwitz the indoctrination they get drummed into them leads the geezer to see that indoctrination as why SOME israelis see the palestinians as non people.

The laddies granny also despises american jews and says why would they come to israel and have to work for money when they can get money for free in america.

It is a very good wee film and exposes the adl as a money grabbing organisation. The youtube link is the complete film.............

"The film examines whether anti-Semitic has become an all purpose label for anyone who criticizes Israel and the possibility that some Jews' preoccupation with the past—i.e., the Holocaust—is preventing progress today.[1] Shamir decided to make Defamation after a critic of an earlier film accused him of antisemitism.[1]

Filmmaker Yoav Shamir states in the beginning of the film that as an Israeli he has never experienced antisemitism himself and wants to learn more about it since references to antisemitism in countries all over the world are common in the Israeli media."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation_(film)

Defamation
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=XNWF9CeoZdE
 _babblefish
Msg: 966
Posted: 2/6/2017 9:12:18 AM

And they are so literal.

And they have the patience to wait and see.

why wouldn't any literate person take what trump says as "literal" . . there is no context to his statements thrown in the midst of his ramblings ..

#notintowordmining
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 967
Posted: 2/6/2017 10:04:57 AM

Msg: 974
there is no context to his statements thrown in the midst of his ramblings ..

Remember what propaganda minister Kellyanne Conway said: "Ignore what Trump actually says and look at what's in his heart".
 Walts
Msg: 968
Posted: 2/6/2017 10:26:28 AM

And they are so literal.

And they have the patience to wait and see.

why wouldn't any literate person take what trump says as "literal" . . there is no context to his statements thrown in the midst of his ramblings ..

What I think Dipsy is referring to is that some people are not able to "see", no matter what they are looking at. So, she and many others, have put "faith" in the words of promise that he spoke. And despite the feeling in their anus, they will rely on "patience" and their eye sight before they make judgement on what object is causing that pain.

That will have to wait until they have bowel movement but, they will forget and blindly flush the toilet without taking a peak first, and then plead ignorance after the fact.
 gtomustang
Msg: 969
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:00:38 PM
"trump voters appear to be satisfied with what is happening so far. And they have the patience to wait and see"

If a trumpet is happy with what he or she sees, what do they have to be patient for? For it to make any sense? Sure hope they have a lot of patience.

"why wouldn't any literate person take what trump says as "literal" "

>>>b/c if they wait a minute....Chump will deny he ever said whatever it is.

I did noooot say that. I nevvver said that. The lying media--the broken, lying media--low energy, so sad.

there was an article on how much trouble interpreters have with Chump's speech patterns, circling around thoughts, unfinished sentences

Ms Viennot lamented the president’s disjointed syntax, run-on sentences and limited vocabulary. “When it comes to speaking of something other than his victory, he clings desperately to the words contained in the question put to him, without succeeding in completing his own thought,” she wrote. The poverty of the vocabulary is striking.”

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/01/24/translators-are-struggling-interpret-donald-trump

(I wonder if they throw in the hand gestures)

there is context to his statements--its all about how great he is. Unless he's being criticized, then its all about how the critic is pathetic. Hey, don't so-called judge me, bro!

Maleman999
Msg: 970
Posted: 2/6/2017 1:15:28 PM

there was an article on how much trouble interpreters have with Chump's speech patterns, circling around thoughts, unfinished sentences

Trump probably has a secret, miniature ear piece that's not visible, and he's taking his cues and what to say from Putin, and sometimes he gets mixed up because of Vlad's accent. Putin just wants to make sure that Trump is making America great again, and that's why they worked as a team to get Trump elected. Trump supporters should thank Putin for making America great again.
 Walts
Msg: 971
Posted: 2/6/2017 1:45:53 PM
^^^^ If Trump doesn't have a script to follow he gets lost. And if he does have a script, and decides to go in a different direction, same result. He can only take so many questions "on the fly" before he starts rambling and repeating. It isn't hard to see, and "they" are trying to "control" him but, with his personality, "they" have and continue to fail.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 972
Posted: 2/6/2017 2:00:19 PM

Trump probably has a secret, miniature ear piece that's not visible

his TOUPEE is wired...
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 973
Posted: 2/6/2017 2:30:20 PM
I detest Trump. I always have. I do love his support of israel though.

No...my quarrel is with lying, antisemitic leftist trash.

I am a bit confused here, Tom. With the alt-right (read: white supremacist, skin heads, etc) via Bannon in the first power rank in the Whitehouse, how long do you think that favoritism is going to possibly last?

In second wave of bomb threats at least 30 US Jewish institutions ...
www.jpost.com/.../In-second-wave-of-bomb-threats-at-least-18-US-Jewis...
Jan 18, 2017 - On January 9, bomb threats were called into 16 institutions across the ... just a minute after a similar threat was called into the JCC in the Town of DeWitt ... are the latest incident in a recent wave of increased anti-Semitism in the US. ... year, as well as a spike in hate crimes following the presidential election.

US|Alt-Right Gathering Exults in Trump Election With Nazi-Era Salute
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/.../alt-right-salutes-donald-trump.htm...
Nov 20, 2016 - But now his tone changed as he began to tell the audience of more than 200 ... White Nationalists Celebrate 'an Awakening' After Donald Trump's Victory NOV. .... “Trump and Steve Bannon are not alt-right people,” Mr. Brimelow said, .... Romania's Leaders Back Down, but Protesters Aren't Going Anywhere ...

Brought to you by your local lying, antisemitic leftist trash. You are welcome.
 gtomustang
Msg: 974
Posted: 2/6/2017 2:53:20 PM
Its official, Chump does have a size problem

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Trump-Presidency-Cabinet-Confirmations/2017/02/02/id/771697/4

he's filled fewer cabinet posts than anyone else. He's blaming the Dems for it. Of course, it would help if he gave candidates who knew WTF, unlike say Belle Biv Devos or Rick "I can't remember the department but i'd love to get rid of it while I run it" Perry (to be fair, he says that now he knows what it does, he likes it. Luckily its in charge of nuclear weaponry). Jeff Sessons can't even be nominated b/c he has to stay behind so his vote can be counted. Turn out the lights on your way out the door, sir.

meanwhile, a reminder of how rich the self proclaimed populist dictator's cabinet is...

"President-elect Donald Trump's Cabinet picks have a net worth greater than the world's 70 smallest countries, The Boston Globe reported Wednesday. As of Monday, the net worth of Trump's proposed team was at least $13.1 billion"

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/311323-trumps-cabinet-has-a-net-worth-greater-than-the-worlds-70

gosh, the Democrats are getting in the way of a 1% takeover of the government. who knew?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 975
Posted: 2/6/2017 2:57:46 PM
Wow... this "Trump guy" is so popular... that even"America's Special Relationship" is faltering... despite the "hand-holding" of last month...

He has now been denied an address to the UK Parliament... and had a potential state visit declared to be... "...beyond, beyond and above, his 'pay grade'"...

It seems that half of "America's Special Relationship"... is having doubts about the relationship... Apparently... they no longer think the relationship is "all that special"...

Isn't this usually the first step towards a "divorce"...?
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 976
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump be the end of days?
Posted: 2/6/2017 4:46:56 PM
GTO wrote:

SS454, I would like to think--and of course, no plan ever survives first contact with reality--that First World nations may lose some jobs but get others. For example, boring, repetitive assembly line jobs that require no skill and thus pay little (by First World comparison).

This, about the TPP:

Even supporters of the pact in America concede that it will result in low-skilled manufacturing jobs leaving the US for other countries. Though US negotiators included worker protections in the treaty, including the right to unionize, the wage gap between the US and, say, Vietnam or Peru, is just too large for many manufacturers to ignore.

But that sacrifice will be balanced out by benefits to US service industries, particularly those that make their money off intellectual property. When it comes to tech companies or Hollywood films, the higher prices these protections bring can be onerous to consumers, but arguably a lot more so when they involve prices not for entertainment but for health and medicines.

Yup, the TPP exports jobs that "regular Joe sixpacks" can do, and benefits "intellectual property," which is...just....a modern day bridge troll exacting a toll....generally silk-stockinged lawyers instead an ugly mean guy with a club. Which helps the middle class how? It doesn't. It helps the corporate elite and shareholders only. No wonder Trump got elected, when Dems supported this.

https://qz.com/543385/under-the-tpp-americas-insanely-high-drug-prices-will-be-an-unappreciated-export/

GTO wrote
What's a living wage in a Third World may not be one in a First. If I could wave a magic wand and have low pay, low skill jobs move to a country of even poorer farmers who can't scratch out a daily meal for their family, then that nation gets an Industrial Revolution.

Personally, I think trade deals are all fair if the third world country offers the same freedoms to citizens as workers in the U.S. have. But most of the time, they're not only "poor," they're not "free" either. Otherwise, we're just saying - through our actions - that "freedom" adds too much cost to our consumer products. At the same time we wave the flag and crow "freedom!" So....freedom works....except when it doesn't. We poo-poo the dangers of communism yet we enjoy the "communist discount" we get on our Iphones. We poo-poo Sharia, yet enjoy the "Sharia discount" we get on our oil.

Apple is held high as a proud, shining example of the ingenuity that "freedom" enables...all those feel-good, warm-n-fuzzy commercials...all those creative liberals who worship Apple...yet, Apple wouldn't be nearly as successful without exploiting tens of thousands of workers toiling under generally authoritarian regimes. We're being anesthetized, though....with warmnfuzzy marketing and a merry procession of shiny new "golly gee" things that are supposed to be products of "freedom" and capitalism but that's only a half truth.

And of course, Apple isn't the only one, by far...just the poster child of the hypocrisy of "fweedom!" But Apple IS usually held up as the exhibit for the success of freedom and capitalism. BS. We've been brainwashed to value only the "freedom" that furthers the interests of capitalism.....i.e. creativity and consumerism......and to look the other way when "freedom" threatens the interests of capitalism....such as freedom of labor. Labor under "free" regimes costs too much. Freedom is expensive. Alas, in effect, "freedom" to most Westerners.....is conditional..... not a noble, long-held, non -negotiable, raison-d'etre, as it's celebrated in flag waving ceremonies and in choruses of sappy Country music songs.

And so we're expected to agree with yet another "trade agreement" (designed for Wall Street/Corporate to make more $$) that is supposed to help neutralize a potential powerful geopolitical rival (China) who was empowered to be powerful geopolitical rival because Wall Street/Corporate could make more $$. No wonder folks are mad. I'd rather we pay the price of a rising China. Serves us right for our profit driven myopia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3582640/Open-sewers-mildewed-walls-one-toilet-FORTY-people-Shocking-pictures-dirty-dormitories-Apple-s-iPhone-workers-live-like-animals.html

So, as I pick through the charred debris of the first few weeks of the Trumpster fire...I try to find a few gems. His kiboshing the TPP is one of those gems. Whether it will make up for everything else....I doubt it, but don't think we'll have much choice 'cept to stand back, cringe, and watch.

Sorry for the long grumpy diatribe....a little depressed after the Super Bowl. Egad!!
 Tomfiend
Msg: 977
Posted: 2/6/2017 6:59:30 PM
Woooby, I never would have taken you for leftist trash. I'm sorry you see yourself that way. You always seemed rational to me. Still you certainly know yourself better than I know you and if that is how you define yourself, I am sorry for you. Maybe in your case there is hope. Nobody need live with the dregs of society if they choose not to.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?