Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kj521
Msg: 1076
Will crybaby Trump Last a press conference? Page 44 of 321    (30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70)
I did watch it, Mr. Walts.

You're not seeing the brilliance because you are not seeing the big picture. You are allowing your cognitive dissonance to cloud your view with confirmation bias.

My son stands a much better chance of NOT becoming collateral damage with President Trump. Hillary Clinton was an untenable option. She is a war monger and one with not a very good track record.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1077
Will crybaby Trump Last a press conference?
Posted: 2/17/2017 2:45:56 PM
Big picture? what picture would that be?

the intelligence services aren't telling Chump everything a president needs to know in order to keep the collateral damage numbers low. That's b/c the intelligence services are that certain he's compromised. They and the FBI are investigating. Trump meanwhile is investigating them with Stephen Feinberg, who has no intelligence background but co founded Ceberus, who bought Chrysler from Daimler Benz

"Cerberus often portrayed itself as patriotically rescuing a great American automaker, but their CEO, multi-billionaire Steve Feinberg, allegedly did not invest his own money, oversaw the outsourcing of manufacturing to China, and then tried to sell Chrysler to numerous Chinese companies. Cerberus also borrowed $10 billion, using Chrysler assets as collateral, to avoid investing their own money. In February 2008, Steven Feinberg, CEO of Cerbgerus, said, “We do not need to transition the car industry or even to return Chrysler to a much stronger relative position in the U.S. car market in order to be successful.”

http://www.allpar.com/corporate/cerberus-buys-chrysler.html

but at least they paid former VP Dan Quayle to be their rainmaker. Fiat actually did a better job of turning this American business around than Cerberus, the "Fix It Again Tony" Italian carmaker that left America due to its poor quality cars.

and that's just one example of Trump getting it wrong. We can talk about conducting business with an ally in front of civilians at Mar-A-Lago, using hackable cellphones to light up confidential documents. We could talk about Seal Team 6 rushing into an operation with surprise blown and other issues raised with the Yemen assault.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/01/world/middleeast/donald-trump-yemen-commando-raid-questions.html?_r=0
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/what-went-wrong-inside-yemen-seal-raid-n716216

But what's the big picture the Trumpets are telling themselves exists w/ Chump? no really, I am curious, what's the talking point on this?

now, as for what Ouija posted, she mentioned its a DRAFT memo. that means its a proposal. Of course, the immigration ban was a half ass plan that didn't get vetted, so Chump does have a history of "Shooting from the lip".

http://www.theeagle.com/news/nation/the-latest-new-mexico-governor-has-not-seen-trump-draft/article_e7bc495f-d2f5-5a0a-b524-f01f3c528de5.html
 Kj521
Msg: 1078
Posted: 2/17/2017 3:08:49 PM
"That's b/c the intelligence services are that certain he's compromised. They and the FBI are investigating."

Are you sure about this?? Unamed sources are not very reliable these days. ;)

"DRAFT memo" or planted memo??? Hmmmm.........
 gtomustang
Msg: 1079
Posted: 2/17/2017 3:17:44 PM
well, its not 5 days before the election, so I guess Comey has to follow the rules and not make an official statement about an investigation in the middle of the investigation :)

meanwhile, you didn't answer my question, i'd like to know what the big picture is. as we wait for you to research the talking points, here's another interesting tidbit to swallow:

"The former Navy SEAL’s decision to turn down the prestigious job (ie, national security advisor, formerly held by a blackmail risk) highlights how Trump’s chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, has entrenched himself as a powerful figure in the White House, wielding influence over every aspect of decision-making.
In one of the president’s first executive orders after taking the oath of office on Jan. 20, Bannon — with no experience in government and an isolationist, anti-internationalist agenda — was granted a permanent seat on the National Security Council. The order was an unprecedented move for a body that is supposed to steer clear of political considerations.
In any other White House, Harward’s request to have a say over who served on his staff would have been routine, former officials said. But Trump and his aides have been deeply reluctant to delegate power to outsiders who have no ties to the president’s election campaign."

"Harward, who led commandos in combat in Afghanistan and Iraq, enjoyed a stellar reputation among military officers, diplomats, and lawmakers from both parties. Other qualified candidates likely will think twice before accepting any offers for the post given the administration’s insistence on imposing limits on the advisor’s authority. David Petraeus, the retired four-star general who commanded U.S. forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, had been mentioned as a possible replacement but he would likely insist on similar conditions allowing him to choose his team.
As a result, the White House may be forced to draw from a less qualified pool of candidates and focus on those who would be less likely to push back against Bannon or other political advisors"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bannon-wins-navy-officer-rejects-015534745.html

not confidence-inspiring we'll avoid future Trumpster-fires. Let's hope for everyone working for the Pentagon, Chump doesn't request waterboarding. he said he was willing to pay legal fees, but that's going to be a lot of legal fees.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/04/11/donald-trump-cia-director-ridiculous-waterboarding/82889190/
 Walts
Msg: 1080
Posted: 2/17/2017 3:35:40 PM

You're not seeing the brilliance because you are not seeing the big picture. You are allowing your cognitive dissonance to cloud your view with confirmation bias.

Since I missed, where is the brilliance that you witnessed KJ, just for future reference???????

I completely understand why the choice WASN'T Hilary. I don't think I can ever understand why Trump was anyone's choice by default. One of the reasons why is because all I get from any supporter of Mr.Trump is that it couldn't be Hilary. Not a very good "reason", no matter what you think/believe or have faith in.
 Kj521
Msg: 1081
Posted: 2/17/2017 5:59:56 PM
"Since I missed, where is the brilliance that you witnessed KJ, just for future reference???????"

President Donald J. Trump is "draining the swamp" by using the corrupt MSM to do so and in the process....allowing the MSM to confirm themselves as "Very Fake News". Brilliant and funny! :D

"I don't think I can ever understand why Trump was anyone's choice by default"

No one else had the desire, inclination or intention to clean up Washington.....except Trump.

vvvvvv Just by winning the election he shut down the Clinton Pay for Play Foundation.....otherwise known as the Clinton Global Initiative. That's one Swamp Creature neutralized for the moment. :D
 2ufo2
Msg: 1082
Posted: 2/17/2017 6:08:00 PM
Yes, please.... what is the 'big picture'?
With a little more detail than 'making America great again'.

ETA: MSM? Methylsulfonylmethane? To clean out the swamp?
And, while he might have said he'd drain it, I don't believe that was ever his intention. Even now, I see very little that I would consider an improvement.
 N2U16
Msg: 1083
Like A Wrecking Ball
Posted: 2/17/2017 9:51:52 PM
The Controlled Liberal Corporate Media is still recovering from their severe emotional breakdown during election night. They’ve been plotting and scheming their revenge against President Trump (MAGA) and at this point appear feeble. His words at the press conference was like a wrecking ball flipping chairs, Fake News correspondents thrown across the room, blood splattered on the walls, and “Very Fake News” shrieking for help like a 5-year-old little girl. I swear, I heard the song “Wrecking Ball” playing in the background as I watched little kids screaming “NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR”. President Trump (MAGA) was the Alpha in the room and “Fake News” looked like youngsters. He effortlessly demolished the room and casually walked out towards his next scheduled meeting.

MAGA
 John252817
Msg: 1084
More Liberal Fake News
Posted: 2/17/2017 11:26:27 PM
"Most things I am sure are alternative facts."

^^^^ Quija, looks like your "story" you gobbled up was fake news on the 100,000 National Guard. Just one more reason why some will be gullible for anything that shines a negative light on mine and your President. YIKES!!!!
 Kj521
Msg: 1085
Posted: 2/18/2017 4:59:17 AM
"When Trump spoke of draining the swamp, he was referring to getting money and lobbyists out of WA."

He was referring to much more than that, Mr. Skoochie. :)

"It's a bloodbath at the State Department"

http://nypost.com/2017/02/17/rex-tillerson-fires-top-officials-at-state-department/

A "shadow goverment" is incompatible with democracy. Much is going on behind the scenes. That "draft memo" fake news story? A clever tactic to entice the canaries to sing! :D

President Trump is off to a fantastic start in his efforts to clean up our government with the goal of getting them back on track to working FOR the people.

His continued efforts of calling out "very fake news" is extremely beneficial to the American people. Until we expose and can recognize journalistic and media bias, corruption and collusion.....we, the people, have lost the tantamount protection afforded by the 4th Estate. We need to restore integrity to journalism. It is imperative that we have more media outlets beyond Wikileaks to expose truth. Btw.....watch for installments of Wikileaks.....#Vault7. Seems that they will be exposing some more truths.

We need more coverage of stories like this:

"Demonizing Russia: Fake News And The Conflict Of Interest Involving Amazon, The Washington Post, And The CIA"

https://medium.com/@SarahRRunge/amazon-the-washington-post-and-the-cia-d68a4ee802e#.k4fayti39

"Now that the Washington Post has published multiple stories based on unnamed sources that seem intent on painting Russia as a villain, it’s worth questioning where the propaganda is actually coming from. When the owner of the Washington Post also owns the majority of Amazon, at a minimum, it should be disclosed to the public that Amazon earns massive profits directly from the CIA, and Bezos has a financial incentive to keep his clients happy.

For the Washington Post to promote the conversation about fake news without being honest about their own conflicts of interest perfectly exemplifies the manufactured fake news crisis. If a well-known, highly-respected media outlet doesn’t hold itself to this very basic standard of journalism, we shouldn’t act surprised when people begin turning to alternate sources to find the truth."

Mr. Skootchie......we are truly living in exciting times. You just have to open your eyes to see the positives that are occurring. :)
 Jo van
Msg: 1086
Posted: 2/18/2017 5:34:58 AM
The big picture?
I think KJ must mean Trump's overseas "investments".
I suspect the vast majority of his "investments" are overseas.
But he doesn't want other companies to do that.

International:
Elite Tower, Ramat Gan, Israel was a planned commercial real estate development slated to be the tallest building in Israel. Called the Trump Plaza Tower, Trump shelved the plans in 2007, when the site was sold on to Azorim for NIS 306.5 million.[83][84] Trump purchased the site for $44 million.[85]
Trump International Hotel & Tower Lido Lake, West Java, Indonesia. Trump Hotels will be involved with the 700-hectare Lido Lake development, 1 hour from Bandung, Indonesia including a six-star luxury resort, 18-hole signature Ernie Els championship golf course, elite Lifestyle Country Club & Spa as well as a high-end residential offering including luxury villas and condominiums. The project will be the first of its kind in Asia and the first in Islam-majority country.[86]
Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver, Vancouver. A skyscraper under construction in Downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The 63-story, 188-metre-high (617 ft), mixed-use tower is located at 1133 West Georgia Street, and has been completed in 2016. Trump Vancouver is the second tallest building in the city, after the Shangri-La tower located across West Georgia Street.
Trump Towers Istanbul, Istanbul[87]

Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower, Panama.

Trump World Seoul: Which Trump received a licensing fee of $5 million to lend his name.
Trump International Hotel and Tower Toronto, Toronto
The Palm Trump International Hotel and Tower, Dubai
Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower Panama
Trump Ocean Resort Baja Mexico was a planned 3 tower, 25-story, 526 unit hotel condominium, San Diego. This project collapsed due to the project's failure to secure financing.
Trump at Cap Cana will be located in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
Trump Tower Manila, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines: The brand name and mark under license. Anticipated completion is to be announced.
Trump Tower, Mumbai[88]
Trump Towers Pune[88]

I don't base my views of this man on "the MSM", I base them on the words that come directly from his own mouth.
He's a moron. And every time he speaks, there's no hiding that fact.

It wasn't the "MSM" who spoke of "grabbing women by the pússy, because when you're a star[sic], you can do anything you like to them".
It wasn't the "MSM" who said that "Mexicans are rapists".
It wasn't the "MSM" who said they "need to ban ALL muslims".
He's a dimwitted demagogue, who appeals to likeminded simpletons.
YOU voted for him, own it.

In 1973, the U.S. Department of Justice's (DOJ) Civil Rights Division filed a civil rights suit against The Trump Organization charging that it refused to rent to black people. The Urban League had sent black and white testers to apply for apartments in Trump-owned complexes; the whites got the apartments, the blacks did not. According to court records, four superintendents or rental agents reported that applications sent to the central office for acceptance or rejection were coded by race. A 1979 Village Voice article quoted a rental agent who claimed that Fred Trump instructed him not to rent to black people and to encourage existing black tenants to leave. In 1975, a consent decree described by the head of DOJ's housing division as "one of the most far-reaching ever negotiated," required Trump to advertise vacancies in minority papers and list vacancies with the Urban League. The Justice Department subsequently stated that continuing "racially discriminatory conduct by Trump agents has occurred with such frequency that it has created a substantial impediment to the full enjoyment of equal opportunity."[138]

Also, it is alleged that The Trump Organization has a history of not paying for services rendered. Several hundred contractors or workers for the organization have filed lawsuits or liens claiming they were not paid for their work, and others say they had to settle for cents on the dollar.[139]

In 1989, New York State officials ordered the Grand Hyatt New York, a hotel owned at the time by the Trump Organization and the Hyatt Corporation, to pay New York City $2.9 million in rent that had been withheld by the hotel in 1986 due to "unusual" accounting changes approved by Donald Trump.[140] An investigation by New York City auditors noted that the hotel was missing basic financial records and found that the hotel was using procedures that violated generally accepted accounting principles.

From 2000 on, the Trump Organization held 50% of TD Trump Deutschland AG, a corporate venture with a German company, planning to build a skyscraper labeled "Trump Tower Europe" in Frankfurt, Berlin or Stuttgart, but allegedly never paid the full amount of their €2 million share.[141] At least three lawsuits followed and the company was disestablished in 2005

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trump_Organization

Republicans can keep blaming "the liberal media", although most of the media tends to be owned by pillars of the establishment, like Murdoch.

He's a crook, a liar, a cheat, a pervert, a sex-pest, a tax-dodging, money-grabbing billionaire, who gold-plates everything, to show how "great" he is, and a "christian".

These are your "values", republicans.
The "cognitive dissonance" is all yours.
And you call this "brilliance"

He's not "draining the swamp", he's turning your whole country into a swamp .
Have a nice Saturday.
 Kj521
Msg: 1087
Posted: 2/18/2017 5:52:24 AM
"I think KJ must mean Trump's overseas "investments"."

Sorry, Mr. Jovan.....that is incorrect. To help ease your cognitive dissonance with a changing World.....you need to accept that it is okay to be wrong sometimes. It doesn't mean you're unintelligent....it just means you are out of touch with the reality of the majority. :)

Today it is going to be sunny and 80 degrees in Central Florida. Perfect day for a Theme park.....and a lovely afternoon for celebrating with our new President at a rally in Melbourne, FL.

Hmmm......I might try to do both! Hope your Saturday is as exciting! :D
 gtomustang
Msg: 1088
Posted: 2/18/2017 6:13:38 AM
No, when Trump talked about draining the swamp, he didn't mean the media. They gave him excellent coverage, he only got upset when they stopped. At his last press coverage, twice the media had to call him on his "alternate facts" and his response was, "uh, I read that someplace." meanwhile, he's charging the taxpayer the bill to conduct business on his real estate, millions to the Secret Service (which is complaining its stretched to the limit now, covering his family, and won't give 100%) and the Pentagon to rent out his property in NYC, and then there's Mar-A-Lago--he killing small business there

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/national/trump-florida-visits-puts-small-airport-tailspin/icnopgtzQeVL05UOnqL2lL/

and of course there's also the sleazy business contracts and unwillingness to divest fully and having the kids in on the meetings with heads of state. The Republican Congress tried to kill its own ethics watchdog, that was amazing to watch. Trump thought it wasn't a bad idea, he just hated their timing--he was supposed to give a press conference, and it got overlooked with Republican corruption out in the open.

indeed, he did get rid of professionals in the State Dept. Had he only listened to them the first time, he could have avoided all the diplomatic mishandlings, like talking to Taiwan and then turning tail and embracing a One China policy. But then, Trump doesn't like professionals looking over his shoulder, he's investigating the intelligence community as it investigates his ties to Russia...with an investor who knows nothing about intelligence but does know to donate to the GOP.

thank you, KJ, for answering my question. It was a vague answer, but I expected that was the answer, and its a pleasure to know what people really think. Its nice that you open up and share fully where you stand on issues. BBE had once asked me a question, and now he has his answer. its nice to get to know people here when they feel comfortable to reveal their real selves.

Meanwhile, it is funny to watch conservatives embrace Russia. first socialism, then health care that screws the poor, and then they'll fully go left and embrace gun control, b/c Mother Russia believes everyone should be equal.
 Walts
Msg: 1089
Posted: 2/18/2017 6:17:41 AM

President Donald J. Trump is "draining the swamp" by using the corrupt MSM to do so and in the process....allowing the MSM to confirm themselves as "Very Fake News". Brilliant and funny! :D

So, you are saying the media is the swamp, and with that, it was/is Mr.Trump that is going to lead you to the "truth"??? Honestly KJ? This is what you are so happy about? This is what you want your leader of your country to worry and fret about? This is what he was voted in to do? This is what the American people need to be told or shown?

"I don't think I can ever understand why Trump was anyone's choice by default"

No one else had the desire, inclination or intention to clean up Washington.....except Trump.

But, but, I thought I just read it was the media,,,,not Washington? I guess will go with both then. Is that why someone very close to Mr.Brannon from Breibart NEWS was invited into the White House? Yeah, Mr.Trump got the mop out for that one.

His continued efforts of calling out "very fake news" is extremely beneficial to the American people. Until we expose and can recognize journalistic and media bias, corruption and collusion.....we, the people, have lost the tantamount protection afforded by the 4th Estate. We need to restore integrity to journalism. It is imperative that we have more media outlets beyond Wikileaks to expose truth. Btw.....watch for installments of Wikileaks.....#Vault7. Seems that they will be exposing some more truths.

Again, it's taking a guy like Mr.Trump to do this "job",,,,for you, a citizen of the US of A? You've only lost what you have let go. I highly doubt the most important job of a President of the US of A is to restore "integrity" (that's a funny word to use in the same breath of Mr.Trump the developer by the way) in journalism.(Sarah R.Runge, as an example?????) But, hey, if that's what you want him to do, I guess that's what you have been sitting around, worrying and fretting about the last 8 years. I guess it's the media's "fault" for your country to be in such "carnage" as Mr.Trump has decided to define it? Again, really KJ?

One of the reasons why I asked you if you saw or read the transcripts of the conference the other day, is because of how the media covers these things. I wanted you to tell me you read his words(and interpreted them), along with watching whatever feed you decided to pick. You didn't. You just watched. And after that, you did exactly what Mr.Trump wanted you to do. The reason you have decided to come alive in these forums, in fact. You REPEATED exactly what he REPEATED how many times in that conference?? You have come to the conclusion that it's "FAKE NEWS" that is now the "enemy".
You, and quite a few others should ask YOURself, why you have come to that conclusion? And, honestly, WHEN this conclusion/belief came into your head?

"Make America Great Again!!!!!"
"Lock HER up!!!!"
" FAKE NEWS!!!!"

Brilliant AND Funny????? I would have to suggest you are one that could easily be entertained.
And there, young lady, is one of the biggest problems in the arena of politics of today.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/17/rex-tillerson-fires-top-officials-at-state-department/

I have no idea what this article is "proving" in your head???? Of course the people from the past administrations are going to get fired. Hell, Trump fired the one person that had the gonads to tell him that his EO on immigration was illegal. Of course, she was from the past administration, so she MUST be wrong, fake, and part of the swamp? So, FIRED she was. Because she was correct, or because she had the gonads to tell the President and his people their EO sucked shiat?

and a lovely afternoon for celebrating with our new President at a rally in Melbourne, FL

Celebrating the weather, or that it's a Saturday?????? Any bets how many times you hear "FAKE NEWS" today??????
 Jo van
Msg: 1090
Posted: 2/18/2017 6:22:51 AM

it just means you are out of touch with the reality of the majority. :)

Oh, I've always been out of touch with the "reality" of people who prostrate themselves before imaginary deities too.
No evidence, but they still do it.
Now that's what I call cognitive dissonance.

I would also have been "out of touch with the reality of the majority" in Germany, in 1939.
With hindsight, now, they call that, some sort of "mass hysteria".

Some people will always "follow the crowd", that's obviously you.

Some of us think for ourselves.

gtomustang
Msg: 1091
Posted: 2/18/2017 6:25:51 AM
"Hell, Trump fired the one person that had the gonads to tell him that his EO on immigration was illegal."

>>>She also told him his national security advisor had called Russia and was compromised and a possible blackmail risk. But i'm sure that and the sacking was just a coincidence.

the new Trump Twister game--where contestants have to bend over backwards for things to make sense! spin the dial that points blame at awful media, the Democrats, the courts, hell, everything else but Trump! Also comes with "face charges" cards to pick for extra points!

made in China.
 Kj521
Msg: 1092
Posted: 2/18/2017 6:44:10 AM
"its a pleasure to know what people really think. "

I agree wholeheartedly, Mr. Gto. It's the first and tiny step toward understanding, acceptance, compassion and unification. :)

I have always been open that I am anti establishment as it currently exists. The labels that other forum members choose to impose upon me are not of my choosing and ones in which I do not self identify.

And Mr. Walts? I just can't. I really do have to head out to Universal Studios. Promised the kids that today would be the day that I will ride the....Incredible Hulk. I am already feeling sick and racking my brain for a plausible excuse! My heathens tend to use my own inspirational words against me. "You can do it, Mom.....you just have to believe in yourself!" Probably, shouldn't tell them that.....sometimes.......sometimes.....I was lying when I said that. :/

But I will leave you with......Media.....Wall St......Silicon Valley? They are embedded in the corruption of the Washington Swamp. We cannot allow a Shadow Goverment to exist. Period.
 _babblefish
Msg: 1093
Posted: 2/18/2017 7:00:14 AM
Donald J. Trump@...

The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABD, @CBS, @cnn) is not my enemy, it is
the enemy of the American people!

Lucy Kafanov@LucyKafanov:

Words matter. My great-grandfather was sentenced to the gulag under Stalin for being "an enemy of
the people."

He was a poet.

"Hi, Barbie
Hi, Ken!
Do you wanna go for a ride?
Sure, Ken!
Jump in...

I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic!
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation
Come on, Barbie, let's go party!

I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic!
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation

I'm a blond bimbo girl in a fantasy world
Dress me up, make it tight, I'm your dolly
You're my doll, rock'n'roll, feel the glamour in pink,
Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky...
You can touch, you can play, if you say, "I'm always yours."
 Tomfiend
Msg: 1094
Posted: 2/18/2017 7:31:35 AM
Jovan, you have no intellect to think for yourself. You live in a fantasy world where you believe yourself far smarter than you really are.

Ms kj, to some extent you are correct. There is no reason we should not be friends with Russia. Trump is attacking the US war party and hopefully putting it out of business but the party is retaliating with threats of treason.

The media never did a damn think to keep us out of vietnam, iraq, etc. It was complicit with the war party. The media also turned on Israel years ago...convicing the dummies like not only Cotter and Jovan, but most leftists, that israel is the problem rather than israels foes.

Trump sees through all this.

But he has also made huge mistakes. Villifying the courts. We need to drain the Pentagon of funds...we need to protect the environment, avoid trade wars. The economy in precarious shape. His form of governing will not save us from what's coming. May make it worse.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 1095
Posted: 2/18/2017 7:36:54 AM
Babble fish....you are a little ahole aren't you ......fis for brains.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 1096
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2017 7:45:01 AM
Nearly always, Republicans get us into new wars. I am not sure what war Democrats started, maybe someone can contribute that information.

Trump looks likely to find a way to get us into a new war in the Middle East, maybe Syria at first but Iran would be the "big" one.

Let's hope Trump is not enough into started a new war, but I am not hopeful about that. Trump is not a real republican, so who knows if he has a real agenda outside of himself.
 _babblefish
Msg: 1097
Posted: 2/18/2017 8:12:09 AM

Babble fish....you are a little ahole aren't you ......fis for brains.

i have absolutely no issue rolling in the pedestrian 'swamp' wheeeee!!

"i hear the sound of marching feet...
Down sunset boulevard to crescent heights
...and there...at pandora's box...
We are confronted with...a vast
Quantity of...plastic people..."
Take a day and walk around
Watch the nazi's run your town
Then go home and check yourself
You think we're singing
'bout someone else

But you're plastic people
Oh, baby, now
You're such a drag"
Zappa
 Tomfiend
Msg: 1098
Posted: 2/18/2017 9:00:54 AM
Dragon, I agree...but plenty of dems are part of the war party. Never forget vietnam...escalated by LBJ....a leftist...to 500 men. Terrible.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 1099
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2017 1:08:53 PM

"When Trump spoke of draining the swamp, he was referring to getting money and lobbyists out of WA."

He was referring to much more than that, Mr. Skoochie. :)

"It's a bloodbath at the State Department"

A "shadow goverment" is incompatible with democracy. Much is going on behind the scenes. That "draft memo" fake news story? A clever tactic to entice the canaries to sing! :D

KJ, not really a bloodbath as much as a normal transition, I doubt many of us have followed this in any detail. I have read that 4000 people submit their resignations, then Trump either decides to accept them or let them go. It's the same with each administration.

One difference is many other administration let some people stay a few months, while Trump wanted them all gone as soon as he was sworn in. So Trumps change is quicker, leaving a power vacuum.

However, it's no great management feat to accept resignations, the more difficult task is to build his own team. Destroying is always easier than building, much of what has been done is either show or trying to dismantle what was built, the real problem is what will be built for the American people?

As far as shadow government, you should google Steve Bannon and his Strategic Initiatives Group. Now that is what is meant by a shadow government.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/31/steve-bannon-builds-a-new-node-of-power-in-the-trump-white-house.html
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 1100
Posted: 2/18/2017 2:52:52 PM
Mark Twain said, "It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."

"Oh, baby, now
You're such a drag"
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?