Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?Page 5 of 171    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

At this point, as a nation we have become the laughingstock of the world.

Nope, we're not laughing.

We've come to realise though that there is more than a common language that separates us.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Ask Melania about his staying power
Posted: 11/17/2016 9:54:47 AM

Its a funny article; especially when the author says:

And let’s be honest: Next to Mr. Trump, our former prime minister, Mr. Berlusconi, looks like Winston Churchill. At least he didn’t insult his neighbors, mock foreign powers, snub NATO or plan to build a wall to keep out immigrants. I won’t say we told you so, but we told you so.

The serious part is that "our clown" has the nuclear codes at his finger tips.
 daynadaze
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 11/17/2016 10:55:38 AM
Trump spawn running all over the White House and grounds like hungry****oaches...
 BBEisBack
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2016 2:24:03 PM

Trump spawn running all over the White House and grounds like hungry****oaches...

So much for the Tolerant Left....

As a Moderate, I say a Pox on Both of their Houses....

Nope, we're not laughing.

We've come to realise though that there is more than a common language that separates us.

What was that saying Y'all had for us Yanks? Oh yeah....

Over Paid, Over Sexed, and Over here....

Maybe next time, we should just stay Home.....

LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2016 3:32:55 PM
Finally, Crooked Tic Tac Trump settled the case for “swindling thousands of innocent Americans out of millions of dollars”. The settlement had come despite significant resistance from Trump for years.

Can you imagine what Crooked Tic Tac Trump would be saying tonight if any of his opponents had just settled a fraud civil suit suit against them for $25,000,000 dollars to avoid having to take the stand?

I thought I remember Sean Hannity protesting there was no fraud at Trump U!

Statement By A.G. Schneiderman On $25 Million Settlement Agreement Reached In Trump University Case :

“Today, that all changes,” New York Attorney General said. “Today’s $25 million settlement agreement is a stunning reversal by Donald Trump and a major victory for the over 6,000 victims of his fraudulent university.”

He said the settlement includes a $1 million penalty paid to New York state for violating the state’s education laws by calling the program a “university” despite offering no degrees or traditional education.

NEW YORK – Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman issued the following statement on the $25 million settlement agreement reached in Trump University case:

In 2013, my office sued Donald Trump for swindling thousands of innocent Americans out of ​millions of dollars through a scheme known as Trump University. Donald Trump fought us every step of the way, filing baseless charges and fruitless appeal​s​ and refusing to settle for even modest amounts of compensation for the victims of his phony university. Today, that all changes. Today's $25 million settlement agreement is a stunning reversal by Donald Trump and a major victory for the over 6,000 victims of his fraudulent university.

I am pleased that under the terms of this settlement, every victim will receive restitution and that Donald Trump will pay up to $1 million in penalties to the State of New York for violating state education laws. The victims of Trump University have waited years for today's result and I am pleased that their patience--and persistence--will be rewarded by this $25 million settlement.

http://www.ag.ny.gov/press-release/statement-ag-schneiderman-25-million-settlement-agreement-reached-trump-university
 BBEisBack
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2016 5:29:13 PM
Do you really think that $25M is a big deal to President-elect Trump....
He said in a interview the other day, that reduced income to his businesses is worth it, to him.
That getting the USA back on track is more important than Hotel revenue...

I bet He considers this a bargain, to get it off the table, now. Before he takes office...
Just think, if President Clinton had settled the lawsuit, He wouldn't have been Impeached.

VVVV Jones v. Clinton which ended up settling for $850,000...
You don't remember any of this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paula_Jones

Paula Corbin Jones (born Paula Rosalee Corbin; September 17, 1966) is a former Arkansas state employee who sued U.S. President Bill Clinton for sexual harassment. The Paula Jones case precipitated Clinton's impeachment in the House of Representatives and the subsequent acquittal by the Senate on February 12, 1999. Charges of perjury and obstruction of justice were brought against Clinton. Eventually, the court dismissed the Paula Jones harassment lawsuit, before trial, on the grounds that Jones failed to demonstrate any damages. However, while the dismissal was on appeal, Clinton entered into an out-of-court settlement by agreeing to pay Jones $850,000.[1]
 daynadaze
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2016 5:30:39 PM
What settlement was Clinton suppose to make?
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2016 6:03:01 PM

Do you really think that $25M is a big deal to President-elect Trump....

The issue is not about the money, is about defrauding/scamming thousands of Americans at his fake university.

Jones v. Clinton which ended up settling for $850,000...
You don't remember any of this?

Of course I remember. I also I recall Kellyanne Conway saying to Anderson Cooper that settling a lawsuit is the same as being found guilty/responsible. Of course she was referring to when Bill Clinton settled his $850.000 dollars lawsuit back in the 90's against Paula Jones. But we all know it's different when it involves Republicans.
 gtomustang
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2016 10:33:40 PM
so Chump may have made $5 mill in profit

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/08/donald-trump-university-new-york-lawsuit

and lost $25 mill in return. Yikes. The principle of it alone might be a deal to the dealmaker. Still if he wasn't worried about his businesses, shuttling them over to a blind trust so that he can be the president his fans want him to be, wouldn't be so difficult. people make sacrifices for what's important. There's always speaking fees to be made four years from now, right Clintons? Still he probably does think losing $25 mill is a deal, to get one monkey off his back. no sense going into the Oval Office with a criminal conviction, Bush was the president to walk in with one (and an MBA), and look how well that works for how history views him.

Had Billie boy settled his lawsuit, the GOP would have just looked for something else. They already had gone from Whitewater to Troopergate to Travelgate to Vincent Foster to get to Blowjobville. Obviously, they were on a mission and had all of our tax dollars to fund a witch hunt. Hmm, what a T-shirt slogan--I spent millions of your dollars to get Bill Clinton and all we ended up was with this lousy BJ charge.
 Jo van
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2016 5:04:55 AM
+ A face the colour of Gouda, (and pouting like a cod, which makes you want to punch it, )
+ "Racist" views which offend half the country.....
+ Sexist views, which offend another half of the country
+ At least 100 million angry Americans......
+ 300 million firearms...
=_____________________

I can only see this ending..... one way....
 Maleman999
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/19/2016 5:58:03 AM
What's with Trump having his daughter, and whomever else, sitting in on government meetings, like when meeting the prime minister of Japan recently? Is that going to become a regular occurrence when Trump officially takes over? If the Trump clan are running the Trump empire, isn't that a conflict of interest, especially if top secret and confidential information is discussed at meetings? Trump won't think it's a big deal, but others might not take it so well. No wonder he wants them to have security clearance, even though they are not government employees. I wonder if Trump will give the codes to launch nuclear weapons to his daughter or son-in-law, in case Trump is busy and his kids want to play a game of "Let's blow up a country for fun."
 Whisky_River
Msg: 112
Posted: 11/19/2016 8:47:25 AM

+ A face the colour of Gouda, (and pouting like a cod, which makes you want to punch it, )
+ "Racist" views which offend half the country.....
+ Sexist views, which offend another half of the country
+ At least 100 million angry Americans......
+ 300 million firearms...
=_____________________

I can only see this ending..... one way....

Yep....He thought it was funny to fool the press that follows the president elect...will he try to do the same to his
security....they have a job on their hands.
All those gun toting, militia groups aren't going to be happy when they realize he lied....derp.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2016 9:52:08 AM
There aren't even words for what I see coming for 4 years.

I see people in the community who claim to be Christians... yet are blind to what that really means. They walk through the Church door claiming to be Christian, and 5 minutes after they leave, their words, their actions are despicable.

My parents taught respect, kindness, and to love thy neighbor. Words meant something.
I did the same with my family.

Those of us who follow this creed, are worried as to the examples being shown by Trump and what will follow for 4 years.
 gtomustang
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Hell, will America Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 11/19/2016 1:14:04 PM
"What's with Trump having his daughter, and whomever else, sitting in on government meetings, like when meeting the prime minister of Japan recently? Is that going to become a regular occurrence when Trump officially takes over?"

>>its Take Your Daughter To Work. And if you tell the Trumpets that its an ethic issue, they go, "loser! what the hell is an ethic? that's the rapists we're building a yuge wall against, right? burp". And if you point out all the other things going wrong, then they start jumping up and down shouting

RAPTURE! RAPTURE! YAY, THE END TIMES ARE COMING! TOL'YA! I'M READY JESUS!

sometimes its just so hard arguing with idiots.
 Maleman999
Msg: 115
Hell, will America Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 11/19/2016 1:21:58 PM

I see people in the community who claim to be Christians... yet are blind to what that really means. They walk through the Church door claiming to be Christian, and 5 minutes after they leave, their words, their actions are despicable.

I've met quite a few people over the years who are religious and church going, but have prejudices against various groups of people for whatever reason, and don't see the hypocrisy in it. That's why I tend to stay away from the ultra-religious.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2016 3:49:47 PM

All those gun toting, militia groups aren't going to be happy when they realize he lied....

If they haven't done much the last 8 years, what makes you think they would, Now?
 gtomustang
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2016 5:32:10 PM
True, OKBomb by militiaman Timmy McVeigh was longer than 8 years ago. But in the last 8 years

1) the Oath Keepers in Ferguson, declaring themselves a Patriot group:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/oath-keepers-turn-michael-brown-protests-ferguson-missouri-n407696

2) The great thing about a non-official unregulated group is you can be anything you want, like the Clive Bundy ranch standoff with the BLM with militia members:

http://www.lasvegasworldnews.com/nevada-rancher-clive-bundy-backs-thanks-supporters/16696/

3) the group taking over an Oregon park in the name of Clive Bundy, who declared themselves a patriotic militia:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/militia-takes-ore-fed-building-protest-article-1.2483723

4) a self proclaimed "Bureau of Islamic Relations" carrying guns openly by a mosque in Texas:

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/armed-protesters-stalk-peaceful-muslims-at-texas-mosque-we-want-to-show-force/

but beyond that and others, self proclaimed militias didn't try to martyr Obama like they did MLK. More people were shooting at the Bill Clinton White House. Or maybe not?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_threats_against_Barack_Obama

And, hey, there's only 1,360 groups we know of, nothing to worry about.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/05/southern-poverty-law-center-militias-gun-control/1964411/

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/09/us/politics/homeland-security-looked-past-militia-movement-ex-analyst-says.html?_r=0
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2016 5:33:47 PM
We, us Americans really aren't a bunch of hand wringing, tooth gnashing ninnies.

Some of us have guns. Some of us really shouldn't have them. Some of us probably shouldn't be behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. Some of us decide our futures by free election. Then, ideally we have a say what goes from there by virtue, and mandate of those we elect.

Unfortunately for us, we just elected "Citizens united" in the flesh.....Long live Trump corporation and all it stands for.... Good job all of those who slept through the last election..... Oh yeah, this is just my opinion and if you don't like it too bad.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2016 6:46:43 PM

Msg: 111
What's with Trump having his daughter, and whomever else, sitting in on government meetings, like when meeting the prime minister of Japan recently? Is that going to become a regular occurrence when Trump officially takes over?

You didn't get the memo? Crooked Tic Tac Trump is going to make America a third world banana republic dictatorship again by using the power of the presidency to bring his children to official roles. Nepotism at it's best.

Thin skinned President elect crooked Tic Tac Trump is in a twitter rampage asking the cast of Hamilton to apologize to Mike Pence for lawfully exercising their constitutional rights.

Don the Con, who insults the handicapped, wants the cast of Hamilton to apologize because the audience booed his extremist VP. He is as crooked as he said Hillary was.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2016 9:27:01 PM

Msg: 99
What could possibly go wrong, while his kids are running the Trump international empire?

I think it is naive to think that Tic Tac Trump is not already courting foreign governments for profit. In other words, he intends to use the presidency as his own personal cash register.

Donald Trump Meets With His Indian Business Partners Despite Blind Trust Promises :

Can these conflicts of interest be resolved?

Exactly a week after winning the presidential election, Donald Trump took time out to meet with Indian business partners and his three eldest children at Trump Tower in Manhattan. The meeting came despite the president-elect’s assurances that he was handing off his business to his children in a “blind trust” to avoid potential conflicts of interest while serving in the nation’s highest office.

The meeting between Trump, his children and business partners included the discussion of Indian government policy and their business interests, according to the Economic Times report. Mehta, The Trump Organization’s representative in India, told the business newspaper that Donald Trump Jr. was pleased with the pace of growth in India and was hopeful about expansion in the future.

Mehta told the paper that he did not get to talk to the president-elect about the Indian government’s sudden policy implementation of currency demonetization this month, but “his kids knew about it and they termed it as an incredibly bold move.”

For countries and foreign leaders more used to a corrupt government environment, there will be numerous opportunities to curry favor with the incoming president through his businesses. Trump’s business empire is already courting them for profit.

The Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., hosted an informative session for foreign diplomats this past week explaining how these dignitaries could rent rooms during a Trump presidency, according to The Washington Post. This would, in effect, involve foreign governments putting money directly into the president’s pocket while diplomats visited Washington, D.C., to conduct official business.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2016 1:33:30 PM

From Dan Rather Facebook page:

Bullies are often thin-skinned, quick to overreact when challenged, and undone when people are no longer afraid to speak truth to their face. Great presidents are almost always the opposite in all those categories.

Reflecting on Donald Trump's complete overreaction to a statement made at the end of a performance of Broadway's Hamilton:

An American Musical, I couldn't help but think - doesn't this man have more important things to worry about? Hasn't the theater long been a stage for political art?

And isn't this a man who broke so many norms as a candidate, insulted so many people - individually and as groups - that he now has the nerve to demand an apology when he never gave one himself?

I know there are many who say that this incident shouldn't be blown out of proportion. Yes, when compared to cabinet posts or paying out $25 million in a fraud case against "Trump University," a Tweet maybe might not seem that important.

But being president is to have every word you utter scrutinized. And these words are intimidating and unfitting of the office of the presidency. But more importantly, they show a real weakness of vanity and small-mindedness that our enemies abroad will likely look to exploit. I can also imagine that Trump's political foes at home are noticing - once again - how easily he can be rattled.

I imagine this is not the last we will see of these kinds of incidents.

Saturday Night Live:
https://youtu.be/JUWSLlz0Fdo
 Maleman999
Msg: 122
Posted: 11/20/2016 7:30:08 PM

I think it is naive to think that Tic Tac Trump is not already courting foreign governments for profit. In other words, he intends to use the presidency as his own personal cash register.

And the best part is he will be able to fly around to other countries to check out business opportunities on Air Force One on the taxpayer's dime. I can see him meeting bringing along one or more of his kids, saying they are his advisors, and saying that he's going on government business and meeting some foreign government dignitaries as a courtesy call, while his kids scope out the business potential or check up on existing businesses in those countries-all in the name of U.S.T.-United States of Trump. I wonder if he'll demand to have "Trump" painted on the side of Air Force One.
 daynadaze
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2016 8:19:37 PM
The first lady will be Ivanka, proxy wife.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2016 10:47:57 PM

Msg: 122
And the best part is he will be able to fly around to other countries to check out business opportunities on Air Force One on the taxpayer's dime. I can see him meeting bringing along one or more of his kids, saying they are his advisors, and saying that he's going on government business and meeting some foreign government dignitaries as a courtesy call, while his kids scope out the business potential or check up on existing businesses in those countries-all in the name of U.S.T.-United States of Trump. I wonder if he'll demand to have "Trump" painted on the side of Air Force One.

Tic Tac trump is already using the presidency to enrich his businesses.

Everything Trump has done over the past week suggests that he remains fully committed to his business empire—and that he intends to use the presidency to see it flourish. His recent meeting with the Indian businessmen who hope to profit from their relationship with the 45th president is only the latest in a series of incidents that suggest Trump’s presidency will be riddled with significant conflicts of interest.

Two days after he won the election, Trump named Ivanka, Eric, and Donald to be part of his White House transition team, making it unclear where the Trump administration will end and where the Trump Organization will begin.

Ivanka and Eric both met with their father’s Indian business partners last week, the Times reports, while Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law, is expected to be named a top White House adviser.

Critics of the incoming administration were also alarmed last week when Ivanka sat in on her father’s first international diplomatic effort, a meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. “You can’t have people with financial conflicts of interest mixing with White House business,” Danielle Brian, from the Project on Government Oversight, told the Times.

If the episode with the Indian businessmen reveals how assuming the presidency could benefit his family business, the opposite is true as well: pursuing a business relationship with Trump could be the easiest way to reap diplomatic benefits.

Already, foreign diplomats are using the newly-opened Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., as a way to curry favor with the president-elect.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/donald-trump-business-white-house-conflict-interests
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2016 10:09:45 AM
It’ one thing to call the devil, another to see him coming.

Alt-Right White Supremacists Exults in Donald Trump’s Election With a Salute: Heil Victory :

WASHINGTON — By the time Richard B. Spencer, the leading ideologue of the alt-right movement and the final speaker of the night, rose to address a gathering of his followers on Saturday, the crowd was restless.

But now his tone changed as he began to tell the audience of more than 200 people, mostly young men, what they had been waiting to hear. He railed against Jews and, with a smile, quoted Nazi propaganda in the original German.

America, he said, belonged to white people, whom he called the “children of the sun,” a race of conquerors and creators who had been marginalized but now, in the era of President-elect Donald J. Trump, were “awakening to their own identity.”

As he finished, several audience members had their arms outstretched in a Nazi salute. When Mr. Spencer, or perhaps another person standing near him at the front of the room — it was not clear who — shouted, “Heil the people! Heil victory,” the room shouted it back.

These are exultant times for the alt-right movement, which was little known until this year, when it embraced Mr. Trump’s campaign and he appeared to embrace it back. He chose as his campaign chairman Stephen K. Bannon, the media executive who ran the alt-right’s most prominent platform, Breitbart News, and then named him as a senior adviser and chief strategist.

Now the movement’s leaders hope to have, if not a seat at the table, at least the ear of the Trump White House.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/us/alt-right-salutes-donald-trump.html
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?