Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 haplata
Msg: 2726
Muslim in AmericaPage 110 of 123    (83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123)

"Religions are dying mate."

Actual facts are so difficult to accept sometimes:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/05/20/think-christianity-is-dying-no-christianity-is-shifting-dramatically/?utm_term=.f058524c46b8

"While Christianity may be on the decline in the United States, the world is becoming more religious, not less. While rising numbers of “nones” — those who claim no religious affiliation when asked — claim the attention of religious pundits, the world tells a different story. Religious convictions are growing and shifting geographically in several dramatic ways"

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/dr-richard-land/world-becoming-more-or-less-religious

"Everybody knows the world is becoming more secular, right? Wrong."

http://time.com/3769287/religion-atheists-study/

Even Time Magazine accepts the facts..but not Herod Jovan...hes right..everybody else is wrong

That you care so much herod...insist you are right when actual facts show otherwise...just proves that book has you pegged. So sad. You are always so wrong and always insist you are so right.
 from site to sight
Msg: 2727
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/15/2017 6:55:28 AM

While Christianity may be on the decline in the United States, the world is becoming more religious, not less.

That leads to the question: Will a more religious world result in more wars, with people saying "My religion is the right one and yours is phony, and we must kill people who don't follow our religion"?
 haplata
Msg: 2728
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/15/2017 7:02:33 AM
Most wars have nothing to do with religion. Good try though.

Jo van
Msg: 2729
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/15/2017 7:13:59 AM

Thanks for admitting that religion is in decline in western civilisations.
(At last )

It may well still be "growing in 2nd and 3rd world countries", but that more to do with poverty and a lack of education.
Religion persists, even in the west, but among in the poorly-educated, or the "too-lazy-to-think-for-themselves".
Ignorance is fertile ground for the bullshit they peddle.

The more we know, the less we "believe".
It's that simple.
You can't stop the truth.
Religions are dying, because they're just not based on facts; they're just not true.
It's just a matter of time.
Tick
Tick
Tick.....
 haplata
Msg: 2730
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/15/2017 8:04:06 AM
Actually, the more self absorbed we become...the less religious we become. We have no more answers to our existence now than we did two thousand years ago.

funchesf
Msg: 2731
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/15/2017 8:43:42 AM

Posted By: Vlad dracul
I did however say that some of the posters ON HERE are shite scared to say anything negative about islam

Judaism, Christianity and Islam all worship and follow the same God of Abraham which is why if you speak negative of one you speak negative of all ..they're like The Three Musketeers ...all for one...and ....one for all...

You also know they waffle a load of shite because they are scared to single islam out

that's the argument of an Islamophobic agitator, a sneaky attempt due to your religion/politics to inflame others to speak negative of Islam ...try going around some Klan members or some Neo-Nazis and speak negatively about Christianity and see how fast you become a Christianity-o-phobic ....

So here is a question for the feardy ones. Are the ex muslim homosexuals being islamophobic in their condemnation of islam or is islam being homophobic in its condemnation of homosexuals?

the Homophobic would be the one that first condemned homosexuality .. and that honor falls upon The Lord Almighty ...which probably happen after he had sex with a knocked-out Adam to spawn Eve

Whats YOUR view? In fact lets see how many try and answer that question without waffling shite about christians.

see how you want others to speak negative of Islam but not of Christianity when in fact it's was Judaism and Christianity which created Islam ...Islam in actuality is The Third Testament of The Bible ..in Movie Terms....it's the Torah part 3 ...
 vlad dracul
Msg: 2732
view profile
History
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/15/2017 9:55:22 AM
Fun
"Judaism, Christianity and Islam all worship and follow the same God of Abraham which is why if you speak negative of one you speak negative of all ..they're like The Three Musketeers ...all for one...and ....one for all..."

Aye you are right enough geezer........

"that's the argument of an Islamophobic agitator, a sneaky attempt due to your religion/politics to inflame others to speak negative of Islam ...try going around some Klan members or some Neo-Nazis and speak negatively about Christianity and see how fast you become a Christianity-o-phobic ...."

Thats the argument of someone who is shite scared of being branded an islamophobe by their fellow scaredy cats..........

"the Homophobic would be the one that first condemned homosexuality .. and that honor falls upon The Lord Almighty ...which probably happen after he had sex with a knocked-out Adam to spawn Eve"

Do you believe in god and bibles then? I'm afraid i do not. But good answer. Still looks like feardy catism though.........

"see how you want others to speak negative of Islam but not of Christianity when in fact it's was Judaism and Christianity which created Islam ...Islam in actuality is The Third Testament of The Bible ..in Movie Terms....it's the Torah part 3 ..."

Oh if only the shite scared of islam posters on here would condemn ANYTHING about islam. But they dont because of fear. Although they become gangsta when christianity is being discussed. I've never read the bible mate so i wouldn't know. And I'm not familiar with the torah. But fair play in avoiding the question. Superior intellects eh?
 funchesf
Msg: 2733
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/15/2017 10:59:12 AM

Do you believe in god and bibles then?

"to believe is to doubt" ... funches 3:16

Oh if only the shite scared of islam posters on here would condemn ANYTHING about islam

why don't you lead by example and say something "religiously" negative about Islam that can't also be said about Judaism and Christianity

I bet you can't ....or won't ....scaredy cat? ...meow?
 haplata
Msg: 2734
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/15/2017 12:23:33 PM
How cute. Babbling funchisms.

deetristate
Msg: 2735
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/15/2017 4:38:07 PM
There are atheists who condemn homosexuality and homosexual marriage so . . .

So much for the rest of that

No g-d or bible or torah or whatever needed.
Not even "confucius say" is required for them.

And the fear of saying anything negative about Islam directly continues.

I have said things about it. You are free to look it up.

Because aversge people are literal, there is no "all" written before this one.
 gtomustang
Msg: 2736
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/15/2017 5:56:21 PM
So, if Christianity is on the decline in America, just like it declined in colonial times and that's why they had the Great Awakenings, what religion is it, exactly, that's growing outside the US? According to that article:

"The Pew study partly attributes the growth of Islam to a young Muslim population with high fertility rates. According to Pew, “Between 2010 and 2050, the world’s total population is expected to rise to 9.3 billion, a 35 percent increase. Over that same period, Muslims—a comparatively youthful population with high fertility rates—are projected to increase by 73 percent. The number of Christians also is projected to rise, but more slowly, at about the same rate (35 percent) as the global population overall.”

So religion is growing b/c...the population number is growing. Faith isn't growing so much as the number of faithful.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 2737
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/15/2017 8:58:01 PM

There are atheists who condemn homosexuality and homosexual marriage so . . .

So much for the rest of that

About that.

If someone is an atheist, and does not like people who are gay the reasons behind that are not rooted in atheism like they would be in most theologies.

So, where you too dumb to understand that, or did you think others where too dumb not to catch it?
 John252817
Msg: 2738
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/15/2017 9:13:08 PM
"So, where you too dumb to understand that, or did you think others where too dumb not to catch it?"

^^^^^ Hey Slick, nice sentence, you should take a picture of it and frame it....YIKES!!!
 vlad dracul
Msg: 2739
view profile
History
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/16/2017 3:08:42 AM
Fun
"why don't you lead by example and say something "religiously" negative about Islam that can't also be said about Judaism and Christianity. I bet you can't ....or won't ....scaredy cat? ...meow?"

Eh? You mean something abrahamicfaithophobic? Seeing as they are one and the same in your view? Not being of a religious way all i can say is judaism and christianity do not instill the same fear on here as islam does likesy. And anyway can you answer MY question first?.........

"So here is a question for the feardy ones. Are the ex muslim homosexuals being islamophobic in their condemnation of islam or is islam being homophobic in its condemnation of homosexuals?"

Oor jo (usually a very long reply where christianity gets a lot of mentions whilst islam gets a minor mention)

"So here is a question for the feardy ones. Are the ex muslim homosexuals being islamophobic in their condemnation of islam or is islam being homophobic in its condemnation of homosexuals?"

GTO (usually a nice long reply saying absolutely nothing as he hides from showing his OWN islamophobia)

Frank
You found a friend yet?
 gtomustang
Msg: 2740
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/16/2017 4:01:35 AM
If a Republican said that every Democrat needs to be banned from a country, b/c some Democrats stood up against the invasion, occupation, and war in Iraq over WMDs and thus hated America and were unpatriotic...then yes, I would say that Republican has an unusual fear--a phobia--of Democrats. I would also say, those Democrats would likely be proven right some day, and the Republican with the phobia might also one day become a Tea Party fan boi and even change his own mind without so much as a recognition of the irony.

hopefully that was long enough? :)
 vlad dracul
Msg: 2741
view profile
History
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/16/2017 4:11:18 AM
Gto
"If a Republican said that every Democrat needs to be banned from a country, b/c some Democrats stood up against the invasion, occupation, and war in Iraq over WMDs and thus hated America and were unpatriotic...then yes, I would say that Republican has an unusual fear--a phobia--of Democrats. I would also say, those Democrats would likely be proven right some day, and the Republican with the phobia might also one day become a Tea Party fan boi and even change his own mind without so much as a recognition of the irony.

hopefully that was long enough? :)"

Yep. It was your typically scared of saying anything about islam stock reply. Do you ever have debates with anyone? Well maybe if islam is not in the debate. Anyway you have a nice day being too chicken to say ANYTHING about islam.

You be a good dhminni.

Ps
You should let your baws drop and try to get out of the forums gangsta posse mate. Try saying something for once.

Or maybe not eh? Security in numbers type thing.
 deetristate
Msg: 2742
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/16/2017 5:06:13 AM
Don't worry john.

When they blame religions as the souce of what they consider an ill and it turns out that they are wrong they get all confused.

Especially when the statement that they are attempting to argue with can't be questioned, so they pivot, or try, anyway.

Bobby: A creates B

Susan: Well, actually, some people without A create B

Bobby: Yeah, but uh, um,but, um . . . why?

Kj521
Msg: 2743
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/16/2017 5:27:06 AM

They can not, Vlad. It creates a self identity crisis as related to group affiliation. The same dilemma occurs with the Sharia Law promoting Linda Sarsour and the Women's rights movement.

I believe that they are under the impression that through multiculturalism.....the Wahhabism and Salafism idelogic branches of the Islamic faith will become "watered down".
 Jo van
Msg: 2744
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/16/2017 5:55:53 AM

We have no more answers to our existence now than we did two thousand years ago.

What a ridiculous statement.
Is that what "religions teach" ?

Well, if you or yours have the misfortune to become ill,
I suggest you try resorting to the "medicine" which they had, 2,000 years ago.
This would probably involve "praying" to various deities, and/or "sacrificing" a goat.

The sterilisation of hands and instruments, by medics, only began 100 years ago, and antibiotics; 50 years ago.
We're learning all the time, we still are.

Dee..
Religions object to homosexuality because of the primitive dogma of their "holy texts".
The same reasons they object to gender equality.
When these religions were invented, (/copied from earlier religions) men ruled, by means of violence.
This persisted, well into the 21st century.

Religions hold back progress towards less-violent societies, because their "holy books" are still full of incitements to violence.
The "punishment" for failure to adhere to any of the "commandments" is death.
The texts are quite unambiguous about that.

IMO., ALL religions should be forced, BY LAW, to remove such alleged "instructions from god",
because as long as they remain, there will always exist dimwits, who claim they're simply "following instructions".
(See blasphemy laws in Pakistan, where many atheists have been murdered, by mobs)

The only reason we've stopped "burning withches", and that "blasphemy" is no longer a "criminal offence", is because of secular pressure.
If "christians" still had their way, spousal rape would still be permitted, the shops would all be closed on Sundays, and anyone who "disrespected" their religion, and ridiculous claims and myths, would be put in prison, like they were, when I was growing up.

Religions will always "push back", but slowly, facts, science, and common sense, will always prevail.
I may not see it, in my lifetime, but I know it's coming.
This is "the Information Age", eventually, information spreads.

Religions may persist, in poverty-stricken backwaters, where they lack communication and education. -The kinds of areas where everyone stops, and points at the sky, if they see an aeroplane.
But in most parts of the western world, it's dying, because of information..

Don't blame me.
Blame extrapolation.

Have a nice Sunday, and remember; if you don't "worship" today, you're already "officially" on a death sentence.
Religions:
Just say "prove it", they hate that,
 vlad dracul
Msg: 2745
view profile
History
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/16/2017 6:22:20 AM
Yesssssss oor jo goes garrity about religion.......

"Religions object to homosexuality because of the primitive dogma of their "holy texts".
The same reasons they object to gender equality.
When these religions were invented, (/copied from earlier religions) men ruled, by means of violence.
This persisted, well into the 21st century.

Religions hold back progress towards less-violent societies, because their "holy books" are still full of incitements to violence.
The "punishment" for failure to adhere to any of the "commandments" is death.
The texts are quite unambiguous about that.

IMO., ALL religions should be forced, BY LAW, to remove such alleged "instructions from god",
because as long as they remain, there will always exist dimwits, who claim they're simply "following instructions".
(See blasphemy laws in Pakistan, where many atheists have been murdered, by mobs)

The only reason we've stopped "burning withches", and that "blasphemy" is no longer a "criminal offence", is because of secular pressure.
If "christians" still had their way, spousal rape would still be permitted, the shops would all be closed on Sundays, and anyone who "disrespected" their religion, and ridiculous claims and myths, would be put in prison, like they were, when I was growing up."

Yet alas reverts to type by mentioning only ONE version of religion. Yes christianity gets it again.
Brilliant. I just love those posts mate. See this point here below"

If "christians" still had their way, spousal rape would still be permitted, and anyone who "disrespected" their religion, and ridiculous claims and myths, would be put in prison, like they were, when I was growing up."

You 'forgot' to say like islam and those in dhminnitude still do now?
 deetristate
Msg: 2746
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/16/2017 7:23:22 AM
The pivot to "why" continues above. . .

But ok, i will play, as this is a completely different discussion now.

I guess that it is like hate crimes. If you punch me because I am a natural blonde or because you just felt like it doesn't really matter.

Yes, Vlad. Every time that they post, they prove you correct.
It goes against their basic PCism to say anything directly against islam or even those who kill people in its name.
(Cue "but christians. . .)
 cotter
Msg: 2747
view profile
History
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/16/2017 7:58:17 AM
Message 2755 ...
dee ...
When they blame religions as the souce of what they consider an ill and it turns out that they are wrong they get all confused.

What are you talking about? I'm trying to figure out what that sentence means.

Who is"they" and what "ill" are you talking about?
 haplata
Msg: 2748
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/16/2017 8:10:35 AM
"We have no more answers to our existence now than we did two thousand years ago.

What a ridiculous statement.
Is that what "religions teach" ? "

Ridiculous only if you are unfamiliar with scientific principals and the limits of evolution, have no understanding about the singularity itself. You are so clueless and think you know so much. So sad.

"But in most parts of the western world, it's dying, because of information.."

Wow.

Just a small qualifier... your concession religion is becoming more..not less.
Ubiiquitous worldwide. That's huge for you..and a start.

"Religions hold back progress towards less-violent societies,"

Talk about saying something ridiculous with no support by actual facts.

cotter
Msg: 2749
view profile
History
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/16/2017 8:23:38 AM
Message 2759 ...
dee ...
It goes against their basic PCism to say anything directly against islam or even those who kill people in its name.

Again, I'm not sure what you are talking about but it appears you are saying that someone is against saying something against Islam.

I have seen many in here who are disgusted about the Islam extremist behavior. The Muslims I work with are also disgusted by it. In fact I don't know anyone of any ethnicity or religious belief who hesitate to say they are opposed to anyone killing in the name of Islam.

"It goes against their basic PCism to say anything directly against islam" ... so if a person doesn't directly put Islam down, they are pro ISIS? Is that the meaning of your post?

I have continuously posted that I am against what ISIS does ... but I see no reason to hold all "Muslims" responsible for the behavior of a few. Neither would I hold all "X-tians" responsible for the behavior of a few (for example) "X-tian" rapists or molesters.

My sister and her husband are born again "X-tians" and while I'm not crazy about some of her practices ... she would never support any fellow "X-tian" rapists or molesters!

Why do people believe that all "Muslims" represent "extremist Islam"? Who would be so shallow as to believe all "Muslims" actually support ISIS?
 haplata
Msg: 2750
Muslim in America
Posted: 7/16/2017 8:33:06 AM
Elphaba...still full of shit..like always...and you hold all Zionists responsible for their efforts of self defense.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America