Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deetristate
Msg: 3036
Muslim in AmericaPage 123 of 123    (83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123)
You truly are hilarious in a don rickles way!

On topic

I wonder whether there are any Muslim Rickles-like comics.

LOLTrump
Msg: 3037
Muslim in America
Posted: 8/5/2017 11:48:51 AM
Evangelical Christians and Donald Trump: They love him because they don’t trust facts or reason
Evangelicals have been eager to look past Trump's vulgarity and immorality — there are deeper things that bind them
Friday, Aug 4, 2017 8:00 AM EDT
Chauncey DeVega

Donald Trump is a man of many notable qualities. He is ignorant and a brute. He has bragged about sexually assaulting women by grabbing them by their genitals. He is a serial womanizer and has been divorced several times. He has also admitted to finding his own daughter sexually attractive. He is a serial liar who adores autocrats and dictators. He may even have gone so far as to collude with Russia and Vladimir Putin to steal the 2016 presidential election. Trump is also violent, moody, vain and impulsive. He does not read and is proudly ignorant.

Why would anyone support such a leader? More specifically, why would any supposed “Christian” support Donald Trump, who appears to represent the antithesis of Christian virtues in so many ways?

Read more about how the people who call themselves christains and who also support tRump can not deny they are total hypocrites here:

http://www.salon.com/2017/08/04/evangelical-christians-and-donald-trump-they-love-him-because-theyre-driven-by-emotion-not-reason/
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 3038
Muslim in America
Posted: 8/6/2017 1:23:41 PM
Since frank can cherry pick, so too can I

I don’t mean evangelical Christians or even conservative evangelical Christians but the evangelical right political faction, which is distinct and different.

Ooops... miss that part?
"Evangelicals" eh? One denomination down, 9,999 to go.

Lets also remember the KKK calls themselves Christians as well.
Regardless?
For better or for worse...this IS a Christian based society, NOT a Muslim one.
CHRISTian means Christ...meaning, "Love thy God with all thy soul" and "love thy neighbor as thyself'. Good edicts whether you believe in ANY God or not, and edicts that are NOT invalid because people cant follow them or twist them into something else.
Perhaps some of you would rather Sharia law.
You wanna talk sexist and homophobic???
 LOLTrump
Msg: 3039
Muslim in America
Posted: 8/8/2017 7:32:27 AM
Trump still has not condemned the Minnesota mosque bombing. Muslim leaders are waiting.
By Katie Mettler August 8 at 7:18 AM

Since a makeshift bomb tore through a Minnesota mosque early Saturday morning, President Trump has used Twitter, his preferred platform for communicating with the American people, to rail about “fake news,” attack a Democratic senator from Connecticut and insist that he’s working hard while vacationing in New Jersey.

One topic Trump has yet to address: the mosque attack at the Dar Al-Farooq Islamic Center in the Twin Cities suburb of Bloomington, where several people were gathering for prayer. Nobody was injured, authorities said, but the attack has left the Muslim community feeling unsettled.

And Minnesotans and others are still waiting for the president to condemn the attack.

Read more about how tRump is showing his true colors at:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/08/trump-still-hasnt-not-condemned-the-minnesota-mosque-bombing-muslim-leaders-are-waiting/?utm_term=.f1f754be5692
 LOLTrump
Msg: 3040
Muslim in America
Posted: 8/9/2017 7:44:31 AM
A New Poll Shows American Muslims Are Less Homophobic Than White Evangelical Christians
So much for the “the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology.”
Ashley DejeanAug. 8, 2017 6:00 AM

When Donald Trump accepted the Republican nomination for president, it was just weeks after the Pulse nightclub shooting, in which 49 people were killed in a terrorist attack during the Orlando gay club’s Latin night. He decried “Islamic terrorism” and told the convention crowd, “I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBTQ citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology.”

Unsurprisingly, after the shooting, many people presented viewpoints in direct contradiction with Trump’s speech. Now there’s new data to back them up. A recent Pew study looking at life for Muslim Americans in the early days of the Trump presidency finds that the group is nearly 20 percent more likely than the general population to say targeting and killing civilians in order to further a cause is never justifiable.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/08/a-new-poll-shows-american-muslims-are-less-homophobic-than-white-evangelical-christians/
 LOLTrump
Msg: 3041
Muslim in America
Posted: 8/10/2017 9:51:47 AM
More proof that the more religious a society is, the worse off it can be.

The state-by-state correlation between teen birth rates and religious conviction

https://i.redd.it/pu04carq6uez.png
 deetristate
Msg: 3042
Muslim in America
Posted: 8/11/2017 4:15:32 AM
""""""Perhaps some of you would rather Sharia law.
You wanna talk sexist and homophobic???""""
RM

Leftists response:

"""But... but.... Christians. """

Yawn.
They refuse to even acknowledge what you wrote.

Why do people need their lack of belief to be affirmed by attempting to make non-believers of others?

Vancouver looks beautiful. Planning to take my kids next spring. Any suggestions? Do you know that area?
 Jo van
Msg: 3043
Muslim in America
Posted: 8/11/2017 6:14:10 AM

Doesn't the US Constitution say otherwise, and specifically separate religion from governance?

CHRISTian means Christ...meaning, "Love thy God with all thy soul"

In Christianity, the Christ[Notes 1] (Greek word Χριστός, Christós, meaning "the anointed one") is a title for the saviour and redeemer who would bring salvation to the Jewish people and mankind. Christians believe that Jesus is the Jewish messiah called Christ in both the Hebrew Bible and the Christian Old Testament. Christ, used by Christians as both a name and a title, is synonymous with Jesus.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_(title)
Earlier religions also had "virgin births", and the beliefs that leaders and kings had been sired by "gods" too.

It's merely the belief that the superstitious "prophecies" of demented bronze-age shamen and their ignorant, illiterate goat-herding congregations, had been fulfilled.
And despite this belief happening over 2,000 years ago, there was no "salvation" then, and no signs of one since then.
But they're still killing "non-believers", or "worshippers of other gods", as instructed.
And "israel" was founded on the basis of these myths, and millions have died due to these beliefs.

and "love thy neighbor as thyself'. Good edicts whether you believe in ANY God or not,

The "golden rule" (treat other people as you would wish to be treated) was in existence long before "christianity", or even the "judaism" from which it sprang.
I've never been religious, but it's what I taught my kids.
No need for any kneeling, bowing, or prostrating yourself, before any imaginary deities.
-A complete waste of time, energy, effort, and money. (churches are generally fabulously expensive)
-You don't do it to "please god", you do it because it makes sense, and it's the right thing to do.

The "christians" just "stole it."
Despite all their claims to "being the source of our morality", all religions are fundamentally based on dishonesty, regardless of their "good intentions",
-because they're all based on lies. (or "alternative facts", as I believe is currently the fashionable version. )

As for being a "christian country", Americans kill more of their "neighbours", than almost any other country., and "christianity" encourages people to eschew personal wealth, -the very antithesis of "American culture", where the exact opposite is both encouraged, and practised, and even "worshipped".(Trump)

That's one of those "false dichotomies".
Neither is actually neccessary

and edicts that are NOT invalid because people cant follow them or twist them into something else.

See: the attempted genocide in Palestine.
-Based on religion.

Perhaps some of you would rather Sharia law.
You wanna talk sexist and homophobic???

It all comes from the "old testament", which is allegedly the "sacred word of god", to all three "abrahamic faiths".

Those primitive, superstitious people didn't know much about anything, and performed both human and animal "sacrifices", to try and appease their "god/s", especially in times of crisis, natural disasters, fires, floods, droughts, famines, sickness and disease.

All these beliefs should be viewed in the context and general "beliefs" of the time. ("Demons", "devils", and "possessions". Epilepsy, and even diabetic comas, were attributed to these, right up until quite recently)
Superstitions (and that's all religions are) thrive where ignorance, and lack of knowledge, and education, abound.

Knowledge and education are the "disinfectants" of religion, and other superstitious beliefs.
In the west, among afluent, well-educated societies, religious belief is in decline. (Fewer than 50% "believe" now, where I live, many former "churches" are now bingo halls, or bistros, or bars. )

It will take a while, just like it took a while for people to understand the world wasn't flat,
but there's a certain inevitability to the truth prevailing.
It's just a matter of time.
 hakkata
Msg: 3044
Muslim in America
Posted: 8/11/2017 10:56:21 AM
^^^^^ do you ever get tired of being a broken record?
 LOLTrump
Msg: 3045
Muslim in America
Posted: 8/11/2017 3:36:52 PM

""""""Perhaps some of you would rather Sharia law.
You wanna talk sexist and homophobic???""""
RM

Leftists response:

"""But... but.... Christians. """

Right wing nutters: OMG ban all the mooslims as they are bringing sharia law

Also right wing nutters: The USA is a christian nation and should be ruled via religious law.

At the end of the day I think the majority of them are too stupid to see that any religious based society is a bad thing, but their hate form anyone who thinks there is a different sky fairy seems to prevent them from seeing the hypocrisy.
 gtomustang
Msg: 3046
Muslim in America
Posted: 8/11/2017 4:02:25 PM
right wing jerkoffs: holy #$# keep those brown people out, they'll want sharia law the way we want the Ten Commandments! Gays are sinful but serial cheaters should be president! And who wants that hypocrisy in some other religious form?

Muslims should pretend Islam supports Free Market ideas, then RWJ would screw their mom to get it into America. You think I joke, remember they used to be against the Russians when they didn't support capitalism.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 3047
Muslim in America
Posted: 8/11/2017 4:04:04 PM

Msg: 3060
Also right wing nutters: The USA is a christian nation and should be ruled via religious law.

The other day, Trump evangelical adviser pastor Robert Jeffress said, "God has given Comrade Trump authority to take out Kim Jon Un".

“When it comes to how we should deal with evildoers, the Bible, in the book of Romans, is very clear: God has endowed rulers full power to use whatever means necessary — including war — to stop evil,” Jeffress said. “In the case of North Korea, God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un.”

These people are clearly delusional.

MAGA – Morons Are Governing America.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 3048
Muslim in America
Posted: 8/11/2017 9:20:34 PM
so in dee's world this is perfectly acceptable and if you speak out against it, you are just an intolerant libtard.

Kevin Swanson And Co-Host Say Schools That Violate God’s Law Should Be Burned Down
Kyle MantylaBy Kyle Mantyla | August 11, 2017 12:13 pm

On his radio program today, extremist anti-LGBTQ pastor Kevin Swanson and his co-host Bill Jack declared that “sexualized public schools that violate God’s law with high levels of flagrancy” should be burned to the ground.

Swanson and Jack were outraged by the fact that Washington state public schools teach students about gender identity issues, with Swanson at one point connecting this issue to a rape allegation against an employee at the state’s Department of Fish and Wildlife.

“Rape is also against God’s law and I guess it must be against state law; I’m not getting why, though,” Swanson said. “Why in the world is a sexual crime against the law in the state of Washington if the other forms of crimes are not against the law in the state of Washington? See, this is confusing to me.”

After Swanson fumed that “the worst possible abominations are accepted in the state of Washington” and that the public schools are “whorehouses,” Jack declared that “we need to burn ’em down.”

Swanson and Jack agreed that if parents from the 1950s saw what was happening in the schools today, “they would want to burn them down.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/kevin-swanson-and-co-host-say-schools-that-violate-gods-law-should-be-burned-down/
 gtomustang
Msg: 3049
Muslim in America
Posted: 8/12/2017 5:02:11 AM
its why they fear true believers in other religions, b/c they know how far they are willing to go in their own religion. and for more Kool-Aid:

"A cabal of leftist “deep state” government workers, “globalists,” bankers, adherents to Islamic fundamentalism and establishment Republicans are conspiring to remove President Trump and impose cultural Marxism in the United States, according to a former White House aide whose darkly worded memo detailing the alleged conspiracy got him removed last month from the National Security Council.
The seven-page memo by Rich Higgins, who had been a director for strategic planning at the council, is a manifesto against multiculturalism and political correctness, and a call, using apocalyptic language, for the president to return to the message that animated his campaign."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/memo-by-former-aide-warns-of-leftist-conspiracy-against-trump/ar-AApTSBW?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

There aren't enough problems in the world, the White Again House has to find enemies that don't even exist in reality. I love that part about Marxism...how can you support Putin and fear any form of Marxism? At least someone had the sense to do a purge of this moron, which of course will martyr him. and his fans will cry about being called "deplorable", even after committing this deplorable act. they should cling to this participation trophy.

LOLTrump
Msg: 3050
Muslim in America
Posted: 8/13/2017 5:34:20 PM
So in light of recent events I think everyone should be asking the same question:

Why didn't James Alex Fields' Christian family and pastor inform authorities of his radicalization?
Mrs. Betty Bowers August 13, 2017

At the very least they need start banning Christians until they are able to study the situation and determine if further steps need to be taken.
 CommercialDiamond
Msg: 3051
Muslim in America
Posted: 10/10/2017 7:52:30 AM
Can't believe this topic is turned in to such a huge mess.

It was fine when the white man of Europe needed cheap labor, so they didn't mind having the brown Muslims in their countries doing the rebuilding work. However, now you don't need them so you don't want them coming here any more. Not only that, you want their and descendants who are much more educated and established than their forefathers out of here. How is that fair?

I can't say this enough. Many Pakistanis were not running to America or even Europe. They were going to their well established Muslim lands. Two of my aunts spent lot of time in Libya for example. And they had a good life there.

So the white man wants to destroy the muslim lands who are providing jobs and stability in the region not only for their own people but for the people of other countries in the region, but then they cry they run to them because there is no longer any possibility of living a life.

Why attack Libya?

Why support Saudi campaign in Yemen?

Why support the unnatural rebellion in syria?

This topic was originally strated by me.
 poppata
Msg: 3052
Muslim in America
Posted: 10/10/2017 8:35:44 AM
^^^ The US has screwed up in the Mideast no doubt, on the other hand, Muslims intentionally attacked the towers and killed thousands of innocent people for no reason other than some sort of Jihad perpetrated by crazy people, and then those same people were allowed to hide out in your native country. Japan attacked Pearl Harbor and we dropped two atom bombs on the country. Why do you think the Muslims should get to attack the US with impunity? That makes no sense.
 CommercialDiamond
Msg: 3053
Muslim in America
Posted: 10/10/2017 8:42:52 AM
^^^
Are you sure Muslims are making terrorist attacks in America ? How many attacks have been caused by Muslims in America since 9/11?

While the white man going on a shooting rampage daily goes unchecked? So the white man should get a break because he is white?

9/11 was a terrorist attack. Those who kill innocent people are not even Muslims.

Just because I kill in the your name for example, that doesn't imply you asked me to do the killing

9/11 was by and large one off incident by a small set of sick individuals. You are going to hold it against rest of the 1 million muslims who live in america peacefully ? Yet, you will sleep on the white privilege?

Why a mass shooting by a white man is never considered a terrorist attack?
 poppata
Msg: 3054
Muslim in America
Posted: 10/10/2017 9:04:11 AM

While the white man going on a shooting rampage daily goes unchecked? So the white man should get a break because he is white?

What are you talking about? What White man is allowed to go on a Shooting rampage unchecked?

9/11 was a terrorist attack. Those who kill innocent people are not even Muslims.

Radical Muslim terrorists you mean. The 911 terrorists were not Muslim?

Just because I kill in the your name for example, that doesn't imply you asked me to do the killing

If there were not so many crazy muslims willing to end the world for their stupid beliefs.... than you might have a point... unfortunately, far too many Muslim whackos to be ignored. That does not mean I support Trump's immigration policies... I don't, but we do need to be more careful who we let into the country than before the Muslim Scourge in the world took hold.

9/11 was by and large one off incident by a small set of sick individuals. You are going to hold it against rest of the 1 million muslims who live in america peacefully ? Yet, you will sleep on the white privilege?

I hold nothing against peaceful Muslims. Take it up with Dee and the other Trump supporters.

because crazy white killers generally kill because they are crazy fuks, not because they are pushing some sort of religious agenda. Sometimes though they are considered terrorists...that's what hate crime statutes are all about.
 CommercialDiamond
Msg: 3055
Muslim in America
Posted: 10/10/2017 9:27:47 AM
Based on what facts you say that lots of Muslims want to end the world?

There are little over one billion Muslims out there and they all come in different varieties. You think they don't have the same aspirations like any other normal human being? That is a very subtle misjudgment and stereotype on your part.

Let me give you a scenario.

Let's say, I have a 20 year old son in Iraq. I am an unemployed farmer and so is my son. My son wants to marry a nice girl around his age. He fell in love. However, her father would not approve of this because my family has no income whatsoever. For that, I can thank America. However, I am a sane person. I will not just go out and start killing people.

However, my son is a young blood. He was robbed off the chance to get educated and try to get a decent job because the only school that my village had was destroyed by the American aerial bombing.

Now, my son is a prime target for Daesh/Isis. A daesh recruiter would hear my son's misery and disappointment. He would give him a gun. The recruiter would ask him to grow a beard and do as he is told and the girl can't be his. Not just one girl, but any girl by the force of the gun. Now, then my son would just break the door in and he would use his new found misguided power to get the girl and shoot her father.

It will not matter what Quran has to say about consent in marriage. It will not matter what rights Quran has given to women. My son needs money. He needs a girl. He needs to settle down. The only employer in town is Daesh.

It is the similar scenario how children are being used in Africa as the foot soldiers for war. Similar concept. Just like those children don't care about the ideology of some misguided rebel group, in the same manner these young men don't really apply religion correctly. It just becomes a tool to get themselves out of the misery they are in. That's their only way out unfortunately.

And how mass shooting is any different from a terrorist attack? The mass shooter is spreading fear and terror in the same sense as a religious lunatic would with his gun.

Terrorism is terrorism. Whether it comes out of misguided beliefs or mental illness or fo whatever reasons.

Specially when these incidents are happening by the members of white race only in America!!!
 flyguy51
Msg: 3056
Muslim in America
Posted: 10/10/2017 12:09:27 PM

Are you sure Muslims are making terrorist attacks in America ? How many attacks have been caused by Muslims in America since 9/11?

Isn't this akin to boasting "Bush kept America safe from terrorist attack... since 9/11, I mean..."

Except what you're doing is worse because the answer to your first question is "yes," and the answer to your second is "a bunch." And you probably don't want to get started on those questions when applied to Europe...

These questions are disingenuous as they assume a premise which is false. Have you stopped beating your wife?

This demonstrates a fallacy in reasoning known as the "no true Scotsman."

Sure. But most people don't claim divine revelation and inerrancy in their vague and inviolate prescriptions for when killing is allowed, and how same is to be rewarded within a utopic life after this one.

9/11 was by and large one off incident by a small set of sick individuals. You are going to hold it against rest of the 1 million muslims who live in america peacefully ?

It's basically a numbers game-- the larger the Muslim population, the greater frequency of attacks against innocents. Just look at Europe. It is an example the US should avoid following.

Your posts make feeble points and are quite tedious with the race baiting.

Vegas isn't considered a terrorist attack because no ideological motive or network connections have been confirmed. Indeed, ISIS attempted to steal credit for the carnage of innocents but it isn't confirmed. Is Paddock being labeled as one of the worst mass murderers in US history lacking gravitas in your opinion?
 gtomustang
Msg: 3057
Muslim in America
Posted: 10/10/2017 2:23:46 PM
"It was fine when the white man of Europe needed cheap labor"

>>>and what do the Saudis do with cheap labor from Muslim countries like the Phillipines?

"why attack Libya?"

>>>Quadaffi Duck was a foreign policy threat as dictator, and his biggest double edged sword is his country hosts light, sweet crude. It bought a ton of weapons b/c its easy to refine. We treated the Osage Indians about the same:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osage_Indian_murders

why do we support the Saudis? Their crude isn't as low in sulfur, but they made a deal with us long ago to share foreign policy goals and buy a boatload of our products to keep Americans working. At least one part of that deal still happens. The Saudis fight the Iranian Shi'a in places like...Yemen.

the story you tell of a poor child being wayled by manipulative religious fanatics...that too happens here, with racist Neo Nazis telling kids who can't find meaningful jobs, that its all the fault of "Foriegners".

"Why a mass shooting by a white man is never considered a terrorist attack?"

>>>b/c he didn't make a political statement. We still aren't even sure of his "intent", so we call him psychopathic instead. we define terrorists as people with a political agenda.

the West does engage in the worst of human nature (for example, the Holocaust, and we did it to ourselves) and has the audacity to call it, "civilization". But non-Westerners are just as human, and thus just as capable of treating their own kind poorly in the pursuit of greed..and labeling it religion. For example, the Aztecs were not a nice people. Genghis Kahn didn't ask, "please".
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America