Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forumslady
Msg: 651
Muslims in America are not the real threatPage 27 of 123    (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53)
This weekend is my weekend with my son, so I won't be in here the next couple of days, except to say the following......

Some of ya'll sure are brave, with your spit talk about other forum members,even when they aren't present on the forums to defend themselves.

You see, some of us have lives. Children who love us, family and friends. We have jobs and other things to fill our time other than living on these forums.

Ouija mentioned that "we" aren't so loving. She is mostly correct.

Everyone has a good and bad side. What differs from person to person is the ratio.

Me, I'm around 80% loving and 10% neutral, it's that other 10% of me that some of ya'll need to worry about, because some of you are REALLY tempting me to show it.

There's been a taste of that side of me here and there, but I've never fully unleashed it because that's not who I really am.
I've let a taste of come out here and there, a light little snack, if you will, but some of ya'll are asking to be handed a four course meal and you just might get it yet.

The thing is, if I do that, then what happens to the 80% of me that I value so much?

That's the part of me that was led to go into nursing. That enables me to take care of sick children, who's family's trust me with their lives and their well being.
There can be no greater trust than that.
These family's that have known me for years, one close to a decade, they know they can finally leave the house and get a break, or just go take a shower and clean their house.
Taking care of well children is a full time job. Having a sick/disabled child is the hardest thing on earth.
These people have to watch, day in and day out as their precious children suffer in ways that make me question what tenuous faith I have left.
It isn't easy what I do, it's a specialty that a lot of nurses avoid because of the emotional tole it takes.
I do it because these are the people who need me the most.
They are brave in ways that humble me, if I have one ounce of their courage, then I consider myself doing well.
Mostly I do it for these children.
None of them can talk to me, none of them can walk, but they have hearts.
They go through procedures and tests that would make a veteran's war survival stories pale in comparison.
Along with their family's, I help these innocent souls have some semblance of life that the rest of us take for granted far too often.
When they manage to have good days, even though they can't talk to me, I talk to them.
The one I took care of for almost a decade is gone now, but when he was still here, I used to read him books. When he was in his wheelchair, his mother told me to put toys on the tray they customized to attach to it because he got a kick out of knocking them off onto the floor and would laugh and laugh.
I lived for that laughter, so did his parents and I hope it is that part of him they concentrate on now that he is gone and no longer suffering.

So, you see, that is who I am and no amount of spit talking that goes on here will make me doubt it.
That is why I try so hard to hold down the 10% of me that I wish wasn't there, but it is and that's ok because the other 90% is why those who truly know me in real life value our relationships.

If what some of you do here in these forums is any indication of who you really are, then it's no wonder that some of you have only these forums and nothing else.
The others of you here, the good ones, fight like heck to not let the forum trolls I spoke of above bring you down to their level. I do and will continue to do so.
It's ya'll, the good ones, that keep me here. Even if all we do is interact in these forums, you know who you are and I know who you are and ya'll know who I really am and I treasure you because you help me fight to not let out that 10% of me I spoke of earlier and I treasure you for that.

With that, I leave you all to your devices for the rest of the weekend.
My son and I are about to finish the remainder of the day watching movies.
He's a wonderful young man and I'm thankful for any part I played in that happening.
Ya'll take care and do try to behave, at least a little. ;) :)
 Walts
Msg: 652
Muslims in America are not the real threat
Posted: 4/1/2017 2:35:07 PM

Walts I was pointing out that we are not as loving here as some might think

Not a slight on you Ouija. I just added because the links themselves add more to your example.

One of the links, shows the video of the "reward" offer. I couldn't believe there was actually one. But, as pointed out the school board has offered what the Muslims students are getting for quite awhile now. There is no special treatment but, it seems that lack of trying to understand that alllllllll those "other" students could have the same doesn't to compute.

Why? I would suggest fear.
Why the fear? Lack of knowledge.
Why the lack of knowledge? Ignorance, caused by the unwillingness or inability to learn.

No one can understand if they don't know.
 tomfiend
Msg: 653
Posted: 4/1/2017 3:16:00 PM
Ms forumlady. ..I would work very hard on the good and stay away from that 10% that is bad. Very, very bad. Too much of that 10% and they will to take you away. I also suggest when you feel that 10% urge ....don'tpost. Turn off the computer and go outside or have a stiff drink. Truly I'm thinking your friendshere were shocked and maybe scared at what they saw.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 654
Posted: 4/1/2017 3:19:21 PM
In grade school we recited the Lords Prayer in the morning. Not sure why.
Been more fun to do " one bright day in the middle of the night"
 Walts
Msg: 655
Posted: 4/1/2017 4:43:44 PM

In grade school we recited the Lords Prayer in the morning. Not sure why.

Cause not a bunch of us knew of anything different. A bunch of white immigrants that brought our religion with us but, before we got to the reciting the prayer, we had to get in line and fight for everything we ended up getting, including that Lord's prayer every morning in class. Of course, we had to take care of the "natives" first and introduce them to our "God". To do that, whitey did what he did to his own children. Grab em young, and bomb em with everything you want them to believe, so that when they get a little older, there will be very little questioning. Not all those young natives bought into it, and they remembered, and today they tell their stories. A lot of whiteys don't like listening to that story.

What ever happened to those "good ole days"?????? ;)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 656
Posted: 4/1/2017 5:32:05 PM
There were never good old days
as much as some cling to that notion
Like golden oldies on the radio - hated them then.. still hate them
I managed to get thro grade school, prayer and all. Barely LOL
So one one hand we say " do it this way'
But if " this way" doesn't align with todays mood
then
screw that
 Walts
Msg: 657
Posted: 4/1/2017 5:43:07 PM

I managed to get thro grade school, prayer and all.

Within my first week of grade school I had my first visit to the principal, a nun. A friend of my father's since he was also a principal in the same school board, who was warned by my father that she would seeing a lot of me as long as was in her school. He wasn't wrong.

If Tommy thinks I'm an a-hole today, I should really introduce him to that first nun of many that had to deal with me. To think back at all that wasted timed sitting on my bum, all because I really just couldn't follow directions. Who woulda thunked?????? :P
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 658
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2017 7:23:35 PM
Oни No เข้าใจ svaret sidaas darteed هم 建成 een ander υπολογιστή azaltzeko ajụjụ agus コンピュータ quod დედამიწა
 deetristate
Msg: 659
Posted: 4/2/2017 12:47:08 AM
Maybe I missed it,

and I used the "find" function to check,

but none of those articles said that Christians and Jews were given a place to pray or had clubs. Maybe you can point it out.

Did they even use the words Christian or Jew?

They did say that Muslims have been praying for several years.
 Walts
Msg: 660
Posted: 4/2/2017 6:31:53 AM
In the 2nd link that I gave,,,,,

"" Religious accommodation, the fact sheet says, is required under the Ontario Human Rights Code. McDougald said the board has also had “several legal opinions about it and we’re on very firm ground here.”

The fact sheet points out that religious accommodation has been taking place in Peel schools for over 15 years.

“The Peel board does not tolerate any campaigns that discriminate against a faith,” the sheet says. ""

I lied actually. It was OVER 15 years, not 10, that this religious accommodation has been in place for Peel schools. And no, it didn't mention "Christians or Jews" but, I can assume they are also included, since, well, they are a religion. The article wasn't that hard to read, or long, so why the "search" Dee? You learn more if you read all the comments, and the actually tale that is to be told.

No comment on the "reward" video???????
 LOLTrump
Msg: 661
Posted: 4/2/2017 7:42:11 AM

The article wasn't that hard to read, or long, so why the "search" Dee?

Have you not be around long enough to know that Dee will just ask stupid questions because she wants to keep you busy attempting to prove sh*t to her that she will never believe?

As she is either really that stupid, or she is just a troll and as such is a waste of time.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 662
Posted: 4/2/2017 7:58:53 AM

but none of those articles said that Christians and Jews were given a place to pray or had clubs. Maybe you can point it out.

What an idiot...

In the 2nd link that I gave,,,,,

It's a valiant effort Walts... but you missed her "point"... the verbal one, not the more obvious one...

The article "didn't use" the words "Christian" or "Jew"... but it did use the word "Islam"... therefore it must... by her "logic" and "common sense"... mean that "Christians and Jews are denied and discriminated against... because the words "Christian" and "Jew" don't appear in the article...

See how that works...?

It's all part of her fantastical delusion... that liberals "hate Christians and Jews"... but "love" (read: "are afraid of") Muslims...

That liberals LOVE to mock Christians and Jews... but will never do anything that might offend Muslims...

Of course she has NO evidence of this... to support this... "belief"... this "article of faith"... but she'll rant and spew her hatred about it until the cows come home...
 Walts
Msg: 663
Posted: 4/2/2017 8:34:31 AM

It's a valiant effort Walts... but you missed her "point"... the verbal one, not the more obvious one...

Oh yes, I know the game she and many others have been trying to play. I grew up in a town isolated from the reality of the world, and this is how they "try" to discuss, argue, or debate. As I pointed out Ouija, us older folks grew up with the Lord's prayer at the start of every school day. At that time, it was "okay" because it was the sign of the times, because "immigrants" then, didn't bring with much differences than what was here already.

White. Christianity.

Originally, in both the US of A and Canada, there were no whites, and with that, no Christianity. Changes happened with the immigration of that time. Again, my comments on what whitey did the families of the local natives. Take the children away from the family, and try to brain wash them with the "right way" to worship the "white God". But, now??????

Well, the immigrants of today are the bad people that are trying to do what our ancestors did before us when they came to our countries. The introduction of something "different". Quite a few people are scared. FEARFUL because they have decided to stay ignorant. Dee's tactics are just one example of such. The only thing I have been trying to figure out is if her antics are actually "true" to herself, or she's just playing stupid, like another female poster has decided to start doing. Dee doesn't bother me. The other one????? I'm disappointed in her, and her the exposure of her efforts thru the examples of how she has decided to post and comment.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 664
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2017 8:37:10 AM
I see that the $hit$linging continues on in here.

Around my neck of the woods, we have the amish. They aren't fond of public education ether. Their solution- their own schools. Simple,no?Now, one other little curious point about them, is that they stay pretty much to themselves. They never try to push their religion on anyone. None are screaming that government should pay for anything in their community. Their help comes from within their group.

In come muslims. They gather together and start complaining that we should cater to them. I, along with a good many others in this country, say take a flying leap, this is the way THIS COUNTRY is run. Don't like it? You're free to leave anytime your little heart desires. We didn't ask you to come. Suck it up, shut up, and adapt. People shooting you funny looks because you do things differently? Then it sucks to be you. Change if you don't like it. If I moved to your country, I'd adapt. But then, who'd want to move to Bedrock?

But then, We aren't crazy about your weird little things you do in the name of religious purity. Now the amish, they just toss those who choose different out, and ostracise them. We can deal with that. Muslims, on the otherhand, will do away with their less than ideal people in ways that we feel are QUITE distasteful. We object to that. It's messy, noisy, sometimes stinks, and violates a good many laws in this country we laid down, to make this country nice to live in. Go find someplace else to live if you insist on doing that.

Want to take over my country? Get used to the idea that I just might object, and decide to shoot you. You play by our rules, or leave.

This opinion was rendered by me, without the benefit of any stupid article posted on the 'net. Resume bickering.
 Walts
Msg: 665
Posted: 4/2/2017 8:44:07 AM

In come muslims. They gather together and start complaining that we should cater to them. I, along with a good many others in this country, say take a flying leap, this is the way THIS COUNTRY is run. Don't like it? You're free to leave anytime your little heart desires. We didn't ask you to come. Suck it up, shut up, and adapt. People shooting you funny looks because you do things differently? Then it sucks to be you. Change if you don't like it. If I moved to your country, I'd adapt. But then, who'd want to move to Bedrock?

After all that purple I would have to assume you follow the worshipping practises of the your First Nations people, correct?????? You are in the US of A because of boatloads of whiteys came in and eliminated the First Nations people "way of life". Whitey didn't "change", they just killed all the buffalo and starved the natives.

Is that what YOU are SCARED of???????
 Jo van
Msg: 666
Posted: 4/2/2017 8:58:49 AM

I might just object, and decide to shoot you.

I'm no expert, but I think that might just

violates a good many laws in this country

Too.

You play by our rules, or leave

Where you gonna go?
I hear Mexico is nice......
 tomfiend
Msg: 667
Posted: 4/2/2017 9:00:51 AM
"It's all part of her fantastical delusion... that liberals "hate Christians and Jews"... but "love" (read: "are afraid of") Muslims..."

There is a difference, a big difference. .between leftists and liberals. You all aren't liberals but leftists. Leftists are indeed, as I've learned from this board from the likes of cotter, mungo, and joe vann antisemitic. You also have mocked Christians but always stand up for muslims. Dee is sometimes...although not often...on to the truth.

Leftists are also highly intolerant. ..witness your treatment of a female poster simply because she supports trump.

Many of you don't even recognize your deep faults.
 tomfiend
Msg: 668
Posted: 4/2/2017 9:05:57 AM
Case in point...purple riders reasonable post....and the response from the leftists. Who wants other people telling them how to live....but if it's the muslims doing the telling....and a person protests...the leftists go ballistic. Poor little babies.
 hopefulhunk
Msg: 669
Posted: 4/2/2017 9:27:04 AM
Ouija... I tried to pm so you could ask me what you'd like, but it said you only accept msgs from certain users.
?... ask me here if you'd like.

Purplerider, I agree. Obey our laws or find out why you should.

There was a group of foreign students here that basically took over the final exam...
they threatened, intimidated, bullied the professors.
I saw a bit of that in one of my classes recently. The guy was "arab" for lack of a better term.
He was a bit rude to the females in the class and the female professor.
He started to mess with one of the prettiest gals in class, stalkerish... possessive ect.
He did not stay long. Didn't do the work. Wasn't there to learn.

Why come here to college then?
It's not as if it was a special school or anything...

The Native argument is very close to home here. We are close to many reservations.
Home to one of the last battles of the "war" on Natives.
More of a slaughter/genocide really. No wonder "they" can be a bit racist.
Don't want to break down on the rez after dark....

Like it or not... here we are.
Some Muslims have declared war on the infidels. Fact.
How do we identify cowards who will hide, lie, sneak, ect... and wants to kill civilians?
I'm not sure. Not worried about it either.
Take what comes... still in favor of not making it easier for them to jihad.
No wonder why they are mad.
Trump didn't start that mess, did he?
 Walts
Msg: 670
Posted: 4/2/2017 9:39:56 AM

There was a group of foreign students here that basically took over the final exam...
I saw a bit of that in one of my classes recently. The guy was "arab" for lack of a better term.

What, in your mind is an "arab"? And exactly "how" did you determine the students being "foreign"????? As in, was passports being checked before getting into the exam room??????

How do we identify cowards who will hide, lie, sneak, ect... and wants to kill civilians?

Well, you actually can't. That's the definition of a terrorist. They can be homegrown (which, by the way is the biggest percentage of "attacks" in the good ole US of A), or they can be out of towners. The simplest way to appease the simplest of minds is to just do a blanket ban(or how ever you want to define it) on a people of ONE religion. Of course, it's got to be the "religion" of the day. Then, and only then, will you ever, be "safe". :P

I'm still waiting for Trump and his administration to realize how much trouble those white Catholic drunks from Ireland are. Especially those Irish that have short tempers.

Whoaaaaaaa!!!!! That's all of them isn't it??????

But, but, don't you have a parade every Spring celebrating those phuckers???????
 LOLTrump
Msg: 671
Posted: 4/2/2017 9:46:53 AM

He was a bit rude to the females in the class and the female professor.
He started to mess with one of the prettiest gals in class, stalkerish... possessive ect.
He did not stay long. Didn't do the work. Wasn't there to learn.

Just one question.

Did you make this bullsh*t story up all by yourself or did an adult help you?
 hopefulhunk
Msg: 672
Posted: 4/2/2017 10:49:55 AM
http://mtstandard.com/news/local/organized-belligerent-cheaters-overwhelm-tech-summer-classes/article_6e3ba6e6-1302-557b-b8a4-da90e87d7aa7.html
Middle Eastern students are very common in the Universities here in MT.

Good to see AristotleAmadumbass is still going at it strong.... years of productivity around here.

Do you need to check passports to recognize American tourists Walts?
Just get off on patronizing and trying to condescend?

Why not discuss the problem?

It is a real current event. A blanket ban? I think that is wrong.
A good solution? Not sure.
But I do agree with Purplerider. I have no problem dealing with problems personally.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 673
Posted: 4/2/2017 10:56:33 AM

Joe...Msg. 74...

Thank you for that KJ...

On that reference to metadata being stripped... I did mention that I HAD SEEN the metadata... I needed it to compose the final photograph... so that I could accurately match the two images...

And just to further press the point home... I used to teach this stuff for Adobe... as part of a global media initiative they were running... I'm confident in what I've seen... and having heard her being annoyed and frustrated with one of her kids over a phone charger (only a parent could have those problems) only reinforces it...

I can't swear that she has never used another profile... but if she has... then there is a strong probability... that it may possibly have occurred with my assistance...

So... now that that the "cat is out of the bag"... been run over in the street... lain in the hot August sun for 3 weeks... and been renamed "Frisbee"... Some of this probably bears explaining... considering I started it all...

My post 627... and kj's post 635... I think I've got those right... I'm in the middle of my "endurance training" right now... dark, caramel-scented, molasses-black Demerara "endurance"...

Sorry... I wandered there...

Anyway... those posts... are illustrative of where the whole thing was supposed to go... from the beginning... even at the risk of embarrassing ourselves...

Of course, I think I've shown that I'm more than willing to go there... the risk of embarrassment part... without any assistance... but I laugh at my own jokes as well... I still think my "Mickey Mouse Club March" version was a classic...

Whose the one
who kicked your ass
from here to kingdom come
M - U - N
G - O - J
O - E kicked your...

Sorry... I wandered there again... that wasn't actually an example of what I was talking about... Well... not what I started out talking about... that was me laughing at my own jokes again...

Yeah... anyway... Where was I...? Right... "Us"... "talking"...
This was with the idea of KJ and I trying to start it off... "modelling" the desired framework essentially... influencing who we could influence... "being the change" if you go in for Ghandi...

This was at the height of that "mass deletion" thing that was going on a while back... after the mods had left the building... I started to reach out to some of the conservatives who were under fire... I won't say who, specifically, beyond what is obvious at present...

I knew that some of the other liberal/moderate posters "followed" my postings... probably fewer after I stopped writing stuff like this than before... but still some...

It was also quite obvious... that some conservative posters... made it a point to "follow" my postings...

Of all the conservative posters... kj was the most reasonable and logical choice to reach out to at the outset... from what I could see... She still is... Aside from her considerable skills, personal qualities and contributions (she would argue against me on that, or at least has at any rate)... no-one else was held in quite as high regard by the other conservatives as she was (if she argues with me on that, it's just modesty)... and quite likely some liberal posters as well (not for the same reasons, well, maybe SOME of the same reasons)... Kind of like Doublemint (it's "two... two... two mints in one")... or maybe chocolate and peanut butter...? champagne and sunrise...?

Sorry... I did it again...

At any rate... the hope was... others would follow... It didn't work out as planned...

For various reasons... it went off on a tangent that I was becoming uncomfortable with... and began to be twisted by others... so I felt the best move was to "burn down the house"... hopefully, without actually setting it on fire in the process... Whether that will succeed is TBD...
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 674
Posted: 4/2/2017 11:03:47 AM

You also have mocked Christians but always stand up for muslims.

Ok... prove it...

You've said it... now give us some proof... of what you say... the "mocked Christians but always stand up for Muslims"...

Show us what you say... if you expect it to have any meaning... Explain it to me like I'm from Missouri...
 LOLTrump
Msg: 675
Posted: 4/2/2017 11:21:20 AM

Why not discuss the problem?

Because anytime someone brings up the fact that living in a secular society results in a better overall place for everyone, the christian taliban gets their panties in a bunch.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America