Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 51
Muslim in AmericaPage 3 of 123    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
inapposite

Good try. No banana.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 52
Muslim in America
Posted: 11/28/2016 8:31:47 AM
^^^^^DERP

Aw Come on...some of us like to Gloat !
Lol....Glad "you" got what you wanted......a dictatorship.

WE WON

Yes....the people have spoken...live with your mistake and the consequences.
 gtomustang
Msg: 53
Muslim in America
Posted: 11/28/2016 10:13:41 AM
in opposition...or maybe she meant apostate. Funny thing is, when you look up "did trump break the law?" you actually get a bunch of stuff:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/10/opinions/trump-second-amendment-remarks-cevallos/index.html

http://lawstreetmedia.com/blogs/politics-blog/trumps-company-break-federal-law-traveling-cuba-1998/
(this one's interesting considering the news about Castro)

http://www.newsweek.com/did-trump-tax-dodge-break-law-507026

http://delawarestatenews.net/news/sen-coons-trump-break-law/

http://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2016/07/30/donald-trump-just-break-law-reveal-classified-intelligence/

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/21/did_donald_trumps_foundation_break_the_law_with_a_shady_contribution_to_the_florida_attorney_general/

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/03/13/donald-trump-broken-law.html

Oh, and since he wants his kiddies to have top secret clearance, let's throw that in too

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/11/08/did-eric-trump-just-break-the-law-when-voting/21601216/

anyway, you get the idea--there's a lot of answers to the question. But its all good--we're told the Trumpets knew all about this criminality, and voted for it anyway. They preferred all this criminality, they weren't fooled, they knew it all and wanted it in office anyway. So we're all good here.
 Maleman999
Msg: 54
Muslim in America
Posted: 11/28/2016 10:30:46 AM
"But its all good--we're told the Trumpets knew all about this criminality, and voted for it anyway."

Maybe by the next election, somebody can convince Charles Manson or O.J. Simpson to run for president, since Americans want change, no matter what form that change takes, and criminality is no longer a detriment when running for office.
 gtomustang
Msg: 55
Muslim in America
Posted: 11/28/2016 4:19:28 PM
that's the disconcerning part...America so loves its celebrities. Simply train Kim Kardashian to act and say the right things, she might be the first woman president.

OK, alright, maybe Beyonce instead.
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 56
Step aside, Forum Cop approaching on his Segway
Posted: 11/29/2016 6:38:53 AM

````````````````````````````````````
At this point we came out on TOP so I'm going to make a request of my fellow Conservative Republicans:

it's time to leave the forums to the Libtards. let them spew their smegma around at each other or to the open air.

many find this additive. break out of it and join me in freedom. I will post several of these requests on offtopic.

WE WON - TIME TO MOVE ON.

So, I'm guessing you're in Trump's corner when it comes to free speech and the First Amendment. He wants to be able to sue reporters AND revoke citizenship of flag burners.

Why is it that YOU ran around posting YOUR opinion before telling everyone else to stop? Hypocrite.
 deetristate
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/6/2016 10:15:26 AM
Times, they are a changing.

Merkel is seeking a full face veil ban.

Huh.
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 58
Muslim in America
Posted: 12/6/2016 10:55:35 AM
How can people tell, by sight, that you are Muslim, OP? Are you leaving a mosque, walking with a veiled woman? Just wondering.
 gtomustang
Msg: 59
Step off, forum police says Segway or the highway.
Posted: 12/6/2016 1:42:31 PM
1) How can people tell a Muzzim? They look at a person they don't like, and that person must be Muzzim.

2) you can always tell a Muslim, but you can't tell him much.

3) you can tell ON a Muslim, now that America is "good enough for government work" again.
 HonestMan3687
Msg: 60
Step off, forum police says Segway or the highway.
Posted: 12/6/2016 7:00:25 PM
I don't look like a Muslim because I don't dress up in a typical Muslim attired.

I am not religious. However, I am going to grow a full Muslim beard and I will be wearing suits without tie with a Muslim cap on. I have decided to make my appearance more Muslim like, so Trump supporters try to mess with me.

They are having way too much fun attacking Muslim women who wear Hijab on the streets and at public spaces.

Its about time they face a man and then they will know how much of cowards they really are!!!
 high-ground
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2016 8:20:47 AM
Reply to msg #57

Regards your comment on 1st amendment rights, what are your thoughts on this short youtube clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptQ89N5tVlA

------------------------------
Reply to msg #61

How would you rate the way women are treated in your native country of Pakistan. When you made your 1st post (OP), I went searching for news in Pakistan, and in my opinion human rights are far better in New York. What do you think about your border country of India, and their beliefs (Hindu). I ask this because there has been an on going conflict between Pakistan and India for along time. As for the treatment of women, well lets say your native country allows women to be sold by their parents, and children to be wed men many times 10 times older. They still practice a prearranged marriage (not of their choice). Then again if a man doesn't want his wife he can discard her or beat her, or even disfigure her. I know there are recent new laws against these things, but from what I read they are rarely enforced.

No country is perfect, but from what I've experienced Muslim women are treated with respect in the USA, most of the time. Carrying this to extreme, they actually swim fully clothed at the gym I work out at and never heard one complaint. They mostly just walk in the pool, as you can't swim very far with wet clothes.

If you would like more feedback, I helped out a Pakistani Muslim women for awhile a few years back, and we had some good discussions regarding her native country, religion, and customs.
 gtomustang
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/7/2016 9:24:32 AM
that's a good point, HC shares a view in common with Trump. Must be why she's clearing house on the popular vote. Pakistan has had a woman for PM (Benazi Bhutto) and India had Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi, a woman prime minister. So far we haven't reached that yet. They have fought many wars over Kashmir, a land I believe created when the Brits gave up their India colony? We hear in the news cases of abuse of women "over there", and we have multiple wives in Utah

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/polygamy-is-legal-in-utah-for-now?utm_term=.qqldagGOG#.enVwd87e7

and Fox News has been in the news recently for its sex harassment, just to name another. BUT, there may still be a wide gap between what happens here with all our laws, and what happens there with all their laws.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/india-bus-gang-rape-convict-blames-victim/

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2014/06/09/319529037/indias-rape-uproar-ignites-demand-to-end-open-defecation

we all have a long way to go, and the "i forced myself on that married woman, I'm a star I can grab them by the P" election should help that.
 HonestMan3687
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/7/2016 2:27:32 PM
Women are abused every where even in America. The forms and degrees of women being oppressed are different.

I am educated because my mother is educated. Her mother never had a formal schooling but grandmother's brothers made sure that their sisters receive the best education at home. My mother tells me that my maternal grandmother had a beautiful hand writing in Urdu. My maternal grandparents never had a son and they never regretted it. If you ever meet my mother, you will be surprised how good her English is. My maternal grandparents hired a retired businessman back in the days to teach her and her sisters English.

My story is not unique. This is the story of every other middle class household. The incidents you here about acid attacks and women being abused, those stories come from the areas where civilization have filed to reach. It is not the fault of the people who live there. No government ever made a serious effort to modernize them without compromising their honor and culture. Since the time of first Anglo Afghan war the tribal areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan border have remained uncivilized.

Women couldn't even vote till very recently in America. Women didn't have property rights in Europe. Islam gave women divorce rights, property rights, right to own businesses, the right to have a share in inheritance. Islam even allowed women to keep their last names.

When was the last time A woman become the head of state in America? Turkey, Paksitan, Bangladesh, and Indonesia already have women head of states many times. Do you have any idea how many women are active in politics?
Have you ever opened up our news channels and you will be shocked how many women are there in media?

Pakistani parliament has introduced a comprehensive women rights protection bill recently. And that three times divorced issue has been noted and outlawed. The bill has also outlawed honor killing officially. The reason why the men were getting away with hurting women because under international pressure the Pakistani parliament put a halt on death penalty. With Death penalty being restored, many criminals are being hanged on regular basis.

And we all came from our native country expecting a struggle but not same type of oppression that to a certain degree we face back home. So if this is coming to america too then what's the point of coming to America.

After all many middle class paksitanis like us had a good life otherwise. If it wasn't for political and gang related violence I wouldn't be here.
 HonestMan3687
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/7/2016 2:32:43 PM
Women were allowed to vote from day one in Pakistan. Women were allowed to take part in politics from day one in Pakistan. You can look up Fatima Jinnah, Begum Liaqaut Ali, and many other prominent women who played a huge role in 1947. Women never went away from any aspect of Pakistan's life. Let it be arts, entertainment, Music, sports, politics.
They have left the mark.

Even my aunt is sort of a celebrity back home.
 gingerosity
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2016 12:22:08 AM
I liked your idea of bearding/robing up. It would be cool if you wore a superman outfit under it so you could rescue all those poor defenceless women out there without revealing your true identity.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/18/2016 6:14:04 AM
^^^^^ Oh, dude! I wish I said that. Imagine that, Ayatollah Save-a-ho.
 deetristate
Msg: 67
muslims everywhere
Posted: 12/20/2016 6:19:01 AM
Let's see.

We have a mosque shooting where authorities haven't made a terrorism link

We have a truck, terrorism, running down people Christmas shopping.

We have a a muslim "refugee" who kills the Russian attache in Germany.

Hmmmm

Where does that leave us, policy-wise?
 Tomfiend
Msg: 68
muslims everywhere
Posted: 12/20/2016 6:35:33 AM
Considering the terrorists all come from the same general areas...pakistan, syria, Saudi arabia, iraq, sometimes Somalia zetc, it leaves us policy wise...under Trump...shuttng the own door from those countries. Extreme vetting coming up.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 69
muslims everywhere
Posted: 12/20/2016 6:52:14 AM

Msg: 69
Considering the terrorists all come from the same general areas...pakistan, syria, Saudi arabia, iraq, sometimes Somalia zetc, it leaves us policy wise...under Trump...shuttng the own door from those countries. Extreme vetting coming up.

The same vetting that didn't prevent a would be rapist Israeli citizen, considering would be rapists alco come from areas like Israel.

"Last Thursday, a father in Tempe, Az awoke at 2:00 am to find a stranger in his living room, and on the stranger lap was the father's 2 year old daughter crying. The intruder was identified as 34-year-old Israeli citizen, Oren Aharon Cohen."

Thankfully Trump's "extreme vetting" will stop these people from invading our country.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/tempe/2016/12/16/tempe-two-year-old-girl-held-intruder-case/95514606/
 deetristate
Msg: 70
muslims everywhere
Posted: 12/20/2016 7:06:07 AM
So because it doesn't completely prevent crime and bad things, nothing should be done to prevent even some of a it? All or nothing?
 gtomustang
Msg: 71
Panic everywhere! There simply must be fear!
Posted: 12/20/2016 7:10:58 AM
My goodness, Dee's so right! We had a Nazi shoot up a black church, that means dead Americans. So, we should ban all rightwing Nazi jerkoffs. And let's see, President Elect will have Bannon of the alt-right. He must be forced out, American lives are at stake! We can't take any risks!

well, let's not do nothing, let's do something to prevent more Nazis from killing americans! Like Dee says, we need to ban ALL guns! Every one of them! we have to panic and do something! We have to get the right wingers out of the White House, too! We simply have to get the electors to ban Trump from the White House, b/c he said racist things! We must do this to save Americans!

How is the above, possibly alarmist Democratic rhetoric?

shoe, meet the other foot. It ain't very comfortable when the Democrats do it, is it?

so, what's the ruling? If we can ban Muslims for the actions of a few, then we better ban rightwingers who promote fear, who swear to wipe out other races the same way Muslims want to wipe out Israel, and we have to ban all gun ownership b/c of all the shootings that go on. That is, if we can't take chances and must give up our freedoms. Terror watchlists have to include ALL terrorists, even the white ones. Otherwise americans will continue to die in schools and workplaces and churches.

otherwise...we keep in place, the bans and laws we already have, and accept that as enough. But its always such a surprise, Republicans see one potential threat and totally ignore the real threats "their own kind" have historically been. Afraid of terrorism here? Fine, that's understandable. But you better police your own kind, which has already terrorized part of our population. Y'know, the part you don't like.

Go after the Eric Rodolphs, Dylan Roofs, Tim McVeighs, and others of their ilk. They're the low hanging fruit, drawn into your conspiracy theories and pedaled hate. Those are the terrorists you can stop creating.
 deetristate
Msg: 72
Leftists Panic everywhere! There simply must be fear rather than action!
Posted: 12/20/2016 7:54:56 AM
1. People IN the USA and Americans

2. People NOT IN the USA.

Really simple.

Because you had a doberman that killed your cat, then that means that you should get more dobermans that the spca workers say have a high probability of killing your other cats.

Riiiiiight.

Leftists believe that because everyone isn't recycling, no one should, I guess.
And they remain in a state of hysteria. ( no one said to ban all of anything or anyone. But if they acknowledge that reality, then leftists would have to see their hysteria as, . . well,.hysteria

All or nothing thinking. Where does it come from.
So limiting.

Their cries of "racism!!!!!" are also meaningless.
If a white guy is described as a white guy, leftist call it racist.

So, so limiting.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 73
muslims everywhere
Posted: 12/20/2016 9:03:02 AM

The same vetting that didn't prevent a would be rapist Israeli citizen, considering would be rapists alco come from areas like Israel.

Really....any evidence of this... or is this simply hyperbole? I'm not aware of Trump or the State Department or of any security officials concerned whatsoever with people coming here from Israel. Am I missing something?

Dee, bottom line, there are rabid leftists on the board and rabid rightests. From my vantage point, you are all way out there. . . .Jovan, Cotter, Mungo, etc. on the left. You, John, Spy on the right.

Trump is an utter disgrace . . . but yea... I like his policies towards Israel. And there is no doubt that we will have some problems with at least some of the refugees we allow into the county. Is that enough to keep them out? I suppose arguments go either way . . . but the guy from Pakistan who mowed down pedestrians yesterday . . . that will happen here too. These religious zealots are absolutely crazy, and in the case of Pakistan, Syria, etc... you have a whole lot of religious zealots. So what do we do? I say let the children and women in... men . . . . need to be very carefully vetted if possible.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 74
muslims everywhere
Posted: 12/20/2016 10:15:24 AM
The question that nobody ever answered to my satisfaction is what do we need them for?"Almost all of these refugees are bound to be burdens on the taxpayer and the already swamped social infrastructure. If they have at least one American parent then, by all means, let them in because they are Americans and belong here. Otherwise, they can be useless somewhere else. There are plenty of homeless vets that should come first.

I would consider supporting a two way street. For every Muslim that comes here, we send an Evangelical to Syria.
 2ufo2
Msg: 75
muslims everywhere
Posted: 12/20/2016 10:33:23 AM
^^^
We don't need refugees and, I suspect, they would prefer to be safe at home where everything is understood and what they grew up with.
However, home isn't safe and we accept refugees as part of a humanitarian coalition with other countries.
You know, part of our 'good guy' actions.

There is almost always conflict when different entities met.
Do I approve? Not really, but sometimes there isn't much of a 'somewhere else'.
Personally, I would like all Muslim refugees to go either to Saudi Arabia or Iran where at least there would be some cultural and lingual familiarity.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America