Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 726
view profile
History
Muslims in America are not the real threatPage 30 of 123    (16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56)
missrightright wrote:
I think many believers draw a great deal of comfort and strength from their religion. I used to enjoy a good hymn-sing and fellowship myself.

I would agree with this. Also Religion/Church is much more important and deeply ingrained in rural areas, where the Church represents an important social/networking institution in small towns, sometimes the ONLY one. Especially for seniors.

I grew up in the Bible Belt, lived in small towns, and I understand the attraction of religion to many. In some cases, it's not much more than a social club, and those folks are really just normal people who tell themselves they are "religious" because they go to church every week, and know other "religious" people...and maybe they do believe they will go to Heaven when they die.......but they have normal modern mainstream ethics - questionable for anyone who calls themselves "religious" in my book..i.e.money, self absorption, materialism, promiscuity, etc. - and thus have as many moral failings as any non-believer...imo.

In many cases, from what I've seen, "religious" people are as fervent about "traditional" values, i.e. 2-parent hetero families, abstinence, lifelong marriages, modesty, etc. etc. as they are about religion per se.

But.....in the end, I see no problem in believing in a higher power....I do have a problem, however, with those who try to see that power manifest in daily "miracles," ie, the football player who says "God had a hand" in the miracle play. Come on. That's ridiculous...millions starve every year, and God works to produce a touchdown in a football game. Those always make me laugh.

But the slugfest in this thread shows why big capital, billionaires and big business interests are generally scr*wing the 99%...and getting away with it......because we're too busy fighting cultural and social issues to notice.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 727
view profile
History
Muslims in America are not the real threat
Posted: 4/4/2017 8:22:30 PM
KJ wrote:
If creating a fantasy about me gives you some kind of pay off....well...have at it. Glad I can serve a purpose for you

Then forumslady:

And Wilkes Barre??? (post #541) She fantasizes about you too, I guess?
Why KJ, you will have a regular harem of us female admirer's before long

Hmmmm....can I watch?? At least then, this thread would be worth the time I've wasted skimming through it.
 Munna1980
Msg: 728
Posted: 4/4/2017 11:33:47 PM
In other countries, there is stil joint family system. Sometimes mother has health issues, so her baby is breastfed by another woman. From there on, that baby becomes a milk sharing sibling of that woman's children. From there on, they can't marry each other and they are told from early age that they are like brothers and sisters to each other.

At the same time, there is nothing with marriage among cousins or distant relatives.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 729
Posted: 4/5/2017 9:25:02 AM

At the same time, there is nothing with marriage among cousins or distant relatives.

So if they are not brother and sister but she is only 9 and he is 40, is the marriage still allowed to go forward?
 Maleman999
Msg: 730
Posted: 4/5/2017 2:54:31 PM
"So if they are not brother and sister but she is only 9 and he is 40, is the marriage still allowed to go forward?"

That reminds me of hearing about the rockabilly singer, Jerry Lee Lewis who had a few hit songs in the 1950's and 60's.
He married his 13 year old cousin when he was 23. What would a guy in his 20's see in a 13 year old, that would make him think she's good wife material? What would they have in common-especially when he was on the verge of being a music star? Needles to say, his career took a nosedive when the world found out he married a child-and a relative to boot.

Music stars or stars in other fields can do outrageous things that fans would right off as either being eccentric or part of their shtick to make them stand out and unique from the rest, but marrying children will not give them the type of notoriety they're after.
 deetristate
Msg: 731
Posted: 4/5/2017 5:21:28 PM
Woody Allen comes to mind.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 732
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2017 7:08:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4nCaxHN-cY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blBwkpFmZLU
 N2U16
Msg: 733
Resist It While You Can!
Posted: 4/5/2017 8:05:43 PM
I’ve always liked Hitchens but what were his thoughts on Islam?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t400s6cutYU
 ebolakitty
Msg: 734
Resist It While You Can!
Posted: 4/6/2017 7:00:58 AM
There is something that nobody has covered completely. Muslims are not likeable people. Some say that Islam is a religion of peace. Maybe it is. Who knows? What is certain is that ours is not. That being the case, it seems that wholesale persecution is in order. Nothing brings you closer to God than unspeakable slaughter and unthinking prejudice.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 735
Posted: 4/6/2017 7:13:15 AM

There is something that nobody has covered completely. Muslims are not likeable people. Some say that Islam is a religion of peace. Maybe it is. Who knows?

Thinking and intelligent people know that people who suggest a wholesale persecution are the real problem regardless what sky daddy they worship.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 736
Posted: 4/6/2017 7:32:27 AM

Thinking and intelligent people know that people who suggest a wholesale persecution are the real problem regardless what sky daddy they worship.

What do thinking and intelligent people have to do with it? We are talking about an unthinking swarm of lethal insects. They live their miserable lives for the next profoundly stupid Facebook meme. Violence and hate are the very nature of this hive. That is what they do. That is what they are. They can't decide whether God hates gays or Muslims more. In the end, it makes no difference. The blood lust will be satisfied.
 Kj521
Msg: 737
Resist It While You Can!
Posted: 4/6/2017 7:38:19 AM
"Muslims are not likeable people."

I don't believe that to be true. I have met quite a few that are very likable.

Now...extremestists....of most groups are usually very difficult to like...is what has been my experience. :)
 LOLTrump
Msg: 738
Resist It While You Can!
Posted: 4/6/2017 7:49:51 AM

What do thinking and intelligent people have to do with it?

If you have to ask that question, it means you are not one of them.

We are talking about an unthinking swarm of lethal insects. They live their miserable lives for the next profoundly stupid Facebook meme.

Yep, but they are still people.

Violence and hate are the very nature of this hive. That is what they do. That is what they are. They can't decide whether God hates gays or Muslims more. In the end, it makes no difference. The blood lust will be satisfied.

Maybe it is time you turned off your Facebook.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 739
Resist It While You Can!
Posted: 4/6/2017 8:29:59 AM
Ice Cube, Janet Jackson, Amal Clooney, Snoop Dogg, Dave Chappelle, Aziz Ansari, Shaquille O'Neal, Mike Tyson, Iman, Dr. Oz, Busta Rhymes, Ellen Burstyn, Muhammad Ali, Cat Stevens, Omar Epps , Casey Kasem, Fareed Zakaria (CNN), Keith Ellison,

Famous Muslims Who Make America Even Greater

oh, boo, aren't they scary?
 John252817
Msg: 740
Great day for the SCOTUS
Posted: 4/6/2017 8:44:03 AM
Kj, I have worked for a couple Muslims in the past and they are like any other good people. And like you described, it's the people of any group that we will never support, radical islamic terrorist being one of those groups. And my Muslim acquaintances wholeheartedly agree.
 deetristate
Msg: 741
Resist It While You Can!
Posted: 4/6/2017 8:48:02 AM
A couple of them are british. Maybe they have dual citizenship?

Didn't cat stevens endorse the fatwa on salman rushdie?

Just because some wood is good, it doesn't mean that I should take wood from a forest with a high rate of termite infestation.

And others are americans so. . . . There is no issue of whether to let them into the USA.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 742
Posted: 4/6/2017 9:17:15 AM

Just because some wood is good, it doesn't mean that I should take wood from a forest with a high rate of termite infestation.

Correct, as people need to wake up to the real dangers of far right christian extremists.
 Kj521
Msg: 743
Posted: 4/6/2017 9:36:46 AM
^^^^^Yes, they do. Experienced one of those groups at the funerals of the victims of the Orlando Pulse nightclub terrorist attack.

Fortunately...there were many moderates of many religions and group affiliations who made it quite clear that their extremism was not welcome here.
 deetristate
Msg: 744
Posted: 4/6/2017 9:46:03 AM
"Americans"

"Not Americans"

Can it be simpler?

The USA has its own issues.

No need to bring in more.
 Jo van
Msg: 745
Posted: 4/6/2017 10:15:46 AM

.... termite infestations...

Going by your "logic" Dee, statistically, America is already heavily "infested",
Maybe ALL the other countries should put ALL Americans on the "no-fly lists" too

I'm old enough to remember similar language being used, about anyone with darker skin.
Step 1: De-humanise.
- Once you've done that, you can justify just about anything.

So much for "the Good Samaritan" eh?
 deetristate
Msg: 746
Posted: 4/6/2017 10:24:45 AM
Good Samaritans get sued.

Perhaps other countries should expel americans.

Not for me to decide about another country let alone demand that Americans be allowed in or to remain in another country.

(That was actual readable, short and only four cartoons.)

Muslims come in all colors. The Syrians look like I think you may kook.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 747
Posted: 4/6/2017 4:24:35 PM

I don't believe that to be true. I have met quite a few that are very likable.

Why would a man like you stick up for Muslims knowing that they all want to throw you off of a building someplace?

Yep, but they are still people.

Don't be ridiculous. They are deplorables.

Famous Muslims Who Make America Even Greater

oh, boo, aren't they scary?

Heck yeah, they are scary! Most of the ones listed are Negroes. That means that they are so scary that a cop would have to shoot them out of fear for his life.

Step 1: De-humanise.
- Once you've done that, you can justify just about anything.

Now you are talking! Welcome to the struggle.

Kj521
Msg: 748
Posted: 4/6/2017 5:06:44 PM
"Why would a man like you stick up for Muslims knowing that they all want to throw you off of a building someplace?"

And.....don't forget Christian.....Trump Supporter!

Now.....what color would you like me to be? :D

vvvvvvvv But that doesn't answer what color I am. :/
 ebolakitty
Msg: 749
Posted: 4/6/2017 5:32:04 PM

And.....don't forget Christian.....Trump Supporter!

You are just mad because you can't go to the bathroom in North Carolina.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 750
Posted: 4/6/2017 5:49:40 PM

You are just mad because you can't go to the bathroom in North Carolina.

Oh yes she can!

https://youtu.be/0bme0JpXQUg
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America