Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2ufo2
Msg: 76
muslims everywherePage 4 of 123    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
^^^
We don't need refugees and, I suspect, they would prefer to be safe at home where everything is understood and what they grew up with.
However, home isn't safe and we accept refugees as part of a humanitarian coalition with other countries.
You know, part of our 'good guy' actions.

There is almost always conflict when different entities met.
Do I approve? Not really, but sometimes there isn't much of a 'somewhere else'.
Personally, I would like all Muslim refugees to go either to Saudi Arabia or Iran where at least there would be some cultural and lingual familiarity.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 77
muslims everywhere
Posted: 12/20/2016 11:48:18 AM
Mainly for DEE
Zurich police say mosque gunman had no ties to Islamic radicalism.
And Germany has released the Man they arrested.
 gtomustang
Msg: 78
muslims everywhere
Posted: 12/20/2016 1:35:44 PM
If we wonder "what can a refugee do for us?". we could look at our own homeless and kids living with their parents and ask, "what are they doing for us, maybe we should get rid of anything not contributing". Of course, outsiders are an old problem, there was these two people Joseph and Mary, you may hear about them this December? What the heck did they ever do for society?

Refugees can potentially give up intelligence on the battlefield they've left. They may see something in America they actually like and when they return home, be a goodwill ambassador. They may actually *gasp* expose us to something about their culture and upbringing that we learn about.

It would be great to help out the homeless and vets first. Unfortunately, there's a political party that insists anyone getting a handout better get a drug test first. So, those self-medicating end up not getting help. Then there are the ones who need VA care

http://www.brainlinemilitary.org/content/2013/08/why-are-so-many-veterans-homeless.html

which president tries to help, and what party owns the legislature who cuts the benefits? Hint: its the party who wants a smaller government, regardless of who has to get their benefits cut as a result.

http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/19356/how-1-4-billion-in-budget-cuts-will-impact-veterans/

maybe if we worry less about debt, we could spend more of it taking care of those vets. But hey, you know, out of sight, out of mind. Until the next parade, then we'll salute and thank you for your service without spending money to, you know, actually show some gratitude for your service. Money where our mouth is? gosh, we can't afford that, we need to cut Federal spending! unless we want to go to war again, then we have plenty of money for that.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 79
muslims everywhere
Posted: 12/20/2016 1:41:39 PM
^^^^It would be great to help out the homeless and vets first.

Lets be honest, many of the homeless and homeless vets are mentally ill. They need jobs but are incapable of performing on the job because of their mental disabilities or their alcohol or drug problems. What do you do with many of these people?.

Vets who are smart and together usually do fine in the world. Those scarred by war of course need our support and we are obligated to give them that support whenever necessary.. . but most people who join the army do so not out of patriotic duty (except for periods like right after 911), but for the jobs, the training and the camaraderie serving in the military provides.
 jodimay1313
Msg: 80
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/17/2017 5:08:48 PM

Twenty one years a go, my father decided to come to America with all of us because he was sick and tired of the gang war in the city of Karachi, Pakistan.

See when people who have issues decide I'm tired of these issues I have and so I'm going to move as if that will fix the issues. It isn't a fix for people to migrate to fix their issues that plague their nation it is best to fix the issues that plague their nation then they don't have to move. Go back home buddy and resolve those issues you guys have.
 Munna1980
Msg: 81
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 6:20:29 AM
^^^

Stop destabilizing the region. Stop bombing the bastion of the prosperity of the Islamic world such as Libya and Iraq and we will not come to America.

Pakistanis didn't start coming to America till the start of the Iran and Iraq War and then the Gulf war. We were going to Muslim countries for work and we were happy. There was no need to be here.

Now , America has destroyed Iraq and Libya. And Yemen is finished any way with the blessing of America. The whole Middle East is in turmoil.

So now we will come to America. Like it or not!!1

Suck it up. Own up!!!
 deetristate
Msg: 82
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 6:33:12 AM
No.

Are you saying that you are coming to the USA to destroy it and bring your terrible societal traits and practices that your parents fled to us?

If you come to America, be American, not an annex of the middle east.

People voted for Trump because of those policies of Clinton, Obama, Bush.

Whether Trump changes anything remains to be seen.

I, and the general American public, owe you nothing.
Absolutely nothing.

And you flooded England long before those wars.
 Munna1980
Msg: 83
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 6:47:30 AM
You and your American government every little bit of thing from the moment they went to support the unfair creation of Israel.

Many South American and Latin American countries were not in the favor of voting for Israel in 1948 back then but President Truman asked UN for a vote delay. All those Latin and South American countries were brought in line with lots of threats.

This is America for you.

What Islamic world has become today, America has a lot to do with it.

Iran is a theocracy because of the direct intervention of CIA when they overthrew a democratically elected leader of Iran.

You gotta pay for what you destroy us.

If you don't like Muslims leave us alone. Otherwise don't cry we are bringing our ethnic flavor to america.
 GoodLordAlmighty
Msg: 84
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 7:03:33 AM
A large earthquake with the strength of 8.1 on the Richter scale hit the Middle East .

Two million Muslims died and over a million were injured.

Iraq , Iran and Syria were totally ruined and the governments
asked for help to rebuild.

The rest of the world was in shock.

Great Britain sent troops to help keep the peace.

Saudi Arabia sent oil and monetary assistance.

Latin American countries sent clothing.

New Zealand and Australia sent sheep, cattle and food crops.

The Asian countries sent labor to assist in rebuilding the
infrastructure.

Canada sent medical teams and supplies.

The new American President, Donald Trump, not to be outdone, sent two million replacement Muslims.

God Bless President Trump!
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 85
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 7:06:16 AM
Munna do you believe US support of the creation of Israel and subsequent US policy seemingly against the "Muslims" is racist?
 jodimay1313
Msg: 86
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 7:13:51 AM

Stop destabilizing the region. Stop bombing the bastion of the prosperity of the Islamic world such as Libya and Iraq and we will not come to America.

Pakistanis didn't start coming to America till the start of the Iran and Iraq War and then the Gulf war. We were going to Muslim countries for work and we were happy. There was no need to be here.

Now , America has destroyed Iraq and Libya. And Yemen is finished any way with the blessing of America. The whole Middle East is in turmoil.

So now we will come to America. Like it or not!!1

Suck it up. Own up!!!

Stop giving sanctuary to terrorists and we won't bomb your countries. When osama bin laden was in afghanistan did you guys capture him and say "here america her is the **stard we are sorry." No you gave him assistance instead and now you want what sanctuary for yourselves? Go back home you piece of sh!t.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 87
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 7:44:19 AM
"You and your American government every little bit of thing from the moment they went to support the unfair creation of Israel."

And that has what to do with anything azzwipe? You and your fellow muslims did NOTHINGS for your palestinian brothers. Didn't affect you in the least.
 Jo van
Msg: 88
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 7:56:09 AM

It's so heartwarming to see all you religious types "spreading peace".
The "holey land" has always been so peaceful..
"israel" is a theological disneyland, complete with "holey" holes.
Lovely.

However..
As their duly elected spokesperson, I can tell you that the sane are sick of your wars, and want no part.
hth
 Tomfiend
Msg: 89
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 8:04:36 AM
You ...... a spokesperson for the douchbags.....maybe? Israel has some archeological wonders and history. Too bad you will never see any of it :-)

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Maleman999
Msg: 90
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 10:04:20 AM

It's so heartwarming to see all you religious types "spreading peace".

If I was top dog in a religious sect, I would tell everyone who follows that religion "Anybody who participates in war or any other violent acts in the name of religion will be immediately excommunicated and left church/worship place-less." How else would a message get across that going to war and committing mass murder and torturing people is against a religion's doctrine? How many wars did Jesus start, because people weren't following his teachings and his brand of religion? I haven't heard of any holy book that says it's OK to murder anybody who doesn't follow the same religion, or commit other acts of violence against non-believers. But I guess other people cherry pick words out and twist the meaning to justify killing. And religious people feel that's going to get them to heaven or whatever they call the pie in the sky? It's funny how some people view abortion as murder, but when the U.S. and NATO nations bomb the hell out of countries, killing thousands of people-which might include pregnant women-that's OK.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 91
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 10:47:31 AM
I generally have to agree with Munna

The US has had a post-war policy of Gov't toppling, in an effort to protect western interests

Iran was one of the earliest to be affected when the democratically elected Mossedegh was taken out by the US/Uk; and replaced by the Shah who over many years brutalized a good number of Iranians and helped to keep oil prices artificially low.

We interfered with 3rd world countries all over the world, often installing heavily oppressive regimes
In Libya, we helped usher in Qaddafy, and of course in Iraq, we gave Saddam the green light.
We all know what Saddam pertetrated on Iran and other of his neighbors
Neither Libya or Iraq had any dealings with Al-Qaeda....until their gov't were toppled.
The overthrow of Saddam by GWB/Cheny...has opened up the gates of Hell in the ME

It is because of the widespread oppression, which has bred comtempt among the populations, and ultimately gave rise to the kind of terrorism we see today...........and not the other way around.

Continued US interference of the ME, will only produce more acrimony and eventually more insurgency/radicals...only idiots fail to see this!

Unfortunately the solution is not simple, but Obama devised the best solution by having the legitimate gov't take back control of their respective lands. But he even made the same mistakes in a vain attempt to usher in Democracies to the ME....which is like trying to grow pineapples in Alaska

The question is if the lesson was learned...that regime change policy has FAILED, and has often backfired with the most severe of repercussions, but even if the lesson was learned, it may already be too late, as radicalism has taken on a life of its own!
 deetristate
Msg: 92
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 12:26:44 PM
None of that means that we have to let them come here or stay here or cater to them as revenge.

That is and has been an idiotic policy.
To end that policy is why people voted for Trump.
Whether it will work out in the end remains to be seen. If not, they will not vote for him again.

Are people who voted for Obama responsible for the little planes that he liked to send to kill people and the havoc and death caused? Should they in turn sacrifice themselves?
What about the million people killed in the Gulf war? Should people who voted for Bush sacrifice themselves and the well being of themselves and their society and family at the alter of guilt?

No. Neither should.

You people who feel so guilty should go to the International Court and put yourselves on trial or go over and sacrifice yourselves as a subject for torture or beheading or something - THERE.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 93
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 2:22:17 PM
^

None of that means that we have to let them come here or stay here or cater to them as revenge.

I'm not saying that we have to either, however, I still believe that there is more that we can do short of accepting every refugee. We could at least provide a temporary safe haven here for some of the women & children.

To end that policy is why people voted for Trump.

While he may not engage in regime change, he clearly has no idea on how to put out the fire; in fact, his disdain for Muslims will only serve to alienate those few pple who have been helping us gather intelliegence...as various other Repubs have already said.

If not, they will not vote for him again.

Don't bank on it, because stupidity plays an important part on how many of his followers (or should I say worshippers) think.

Are people who voted for Obama responsible for the little planes that he liked to send to kill people and the havoc and death caused? Should they in turn sacrifice themselves?

It isn't a matter of pple accepting guilt for what their candidate did...This has been a bi-party national policy for decades...and now what they planted has borne out "fruit"....a fruit whose taste nobody likes.

I'm just laying down the blue-print of how this Mayhem came to develop into what it is now; and the US needs to face up to this reality, because it only stands to get worse, if we don't come up with a non military solution.
 jodimay1313
Msg: 94
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 2:53:26 PM

I'm just laying down the blue-print of how this Mayhem came to develop into what it is now; and the US needs to face up to this reality, because it only stands to get worse, if we don't come up with a non military solution.

I don't agree with your blueprint and there is no non military solution. Looking at the few that did achieve any kind of peace in the middle east they did it with pure rampaging blood letting and that is what we will have to do soon enough. The sooner we wake up to it the sooner it will be over with. Anything other than that is just postponing the inevitable that will come no matter what anyone wants or doesn't want. Mark my words the day will come when we will be sending every muslim we find to allah where they belong.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 95
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 5:28:49 PM

Mark my words the day will come when we will be sending every muslim we find to allah where they belong.

Im not sure which right wing militant you were in your prior POF existence (...or maybe y0u are Tomfiend, who knows)...but I will give you credit for not being shy or covert about exposing your hatefullness....I could only wish that others of your stripe would be as honest as you.
 gtomustang
Msg: 96
sweeping them off the porch, there's so many
Posted: 2/19/2017 6:02:31 PM
"Lets be honest, many of the homeless and homeless vets are mentally ill. They need jobs but are incapable of performing on the job because of their mental disabilities or their alcohol or drug problems."

>>>true, its always interesting when people send memes around FB about how vets are the largest group making up the homeless yet we have room for immigrants. Unfortunately there are vets with PTSD or painful injuries that may lead to self medicating, and a lot of the programs that could help require a client to be clean.

as for Pakistan, who had the great idea to sponsor the madrassas and support the ISI in creating the mujahedeen? who sold them Stinger missiles? Who pulled support after the USSR pulled out and let the warlords create chaos so bad the Taliban looked like a solution? Bush even gave the Taliban million$ before 9-11, for their anti-drug policy on warlords growing poppies. and of course, the rumors Bush was trying to get a pipeline thru Afganistan to fuel a power plant for Enron (hey, just to not "Skip over a few things" for Jodi's sake :) )

http://www.salon.com/2002/02/08/forbidden/
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 97
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 6:55:25 PM

or maybe y0u are Tomfiend, who knows

"jodimay1313" is the return of "wolfman4142"

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16595862.aspx
 jodimay1313
Msg: 98
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 7:34:14 PM

Im not sure which right wing militant you were in your prior POF existence (...or maybe y0u are Tomfiend, who knows)...but I will give you credit for not being shy or covert about exposing your hatefullness....I could only wish that others of your stripe would be as honest as you.

It is what it is. Some people can't be reasoned with. Either I'm right and you will see my side some day or you are right and I might see your side a long long time from now.

"jodimay1313" is the return of "wolfman4142"

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16595862.aspx

Code for she is still angry for being called out for being deceptively fatter than she portrays in her not even recent pictures on her profile. Also for being called out for being a generally abusive individual and an overall liar on marital status and otherwise. So now she has nothing better to do other than to follow me around.
 jodimay1313
Msg: 99
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/19/2017 11:18:31 PM
I guess the main part that gets me is people think they can take a group of people with many issues from the land they have so many issues in. Bring them here and like magic the issues go away because they are in america. If you have a group of people known for killing with acts of terrorism and bring them here what do you expect to happen? I say business as usual and you say nah it's all good. So it's just a difference of opinion.
 Jo van
Msg: 100
Muslim in America
Posted: 2/20/2017 5:49:49 AM

I guess the main part that gets me is people think they can take a group of people with many issues from the land they have so many issues in. Bring them here and like magic the issues go away because they are in america. If you have a group of people known for killing with acts of terrorism and bring them here what do you expect to happen? I say business as usual and you say nah it's all good. So it's just a difference of opinion.

Did it ever occur to you, that the people are leaving their homes, precisely because they were running away from "the killing, and acts of terrorism"?

I met a young Syrian family recently. They'd only been in the UK for about a week, and couldn't speak any English, but were trying to learn. They had two young children, I'd guess the younger was about 2, and the older girl was 8. She told me so! She could speak a few words, because (for the first time in her life!) she was attending school.
Her parents were so proud of her, as she acted as interpreter.
The young girl had quite a big scar on her face. I didn't ask how that happened.
They told me how their home had been bombed, how they couldn't leave the house, for weeks, how there was no food, or water, or hospitals, or schools.
They'd managed to escape, eventually, and made their way to a camp, in Lebanon, and as far as I could gather, they'd come directly to the UK, from there. A lot of the conversation was done by 'mime'. (badly)
All they wanted was safety for their kids. And schools.
Those people are never going to hurt anyone.

Try and imagine just how bad things would have to be, for YOU to leave the place you were born in, and grew up in, and where all your friends and family lived.
These are not decisions made lightly, but from desperation.

There's some irony, that I, as an atheist, seem to have more compassion than the self-professed "christians", including fvckwits like Trump, and 'Fiddy' Pence.

"Israel" has been a "project" of the western "judeo-christian" super-powers, in the middle of the middle east.
It has treated "muslims" appallingly.

I wish all three of them would stop this shit.
They all tell us about "the good" that religions do.
All I see is hatred.
Like MM said, their leaders could stop this tomorrow.

There's not a square foot of land anywhere, that worth killing, or dying for.
It will still be there, after the killing stops.

You think the answer is to "send ALL muslims to meet allah".
THEY ("muslim" extremists, just like you) think the same about "christians", and/or "jews".

I think all three definitions are fictitious.
They certainly don't practice what they preach.

IMO., All the problems lie in these ridiculous, "institutionalised" (for political reasons) superstitious "beliefs", from the bronze age.

Any seller, of any other product, is made (by law) to either substantiate their claims about their products, with actual proof, or cease making such claims.
The same objectivity should apply to religions.
It's a con.
JMO
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America