Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jo van
Msg: 1001
view profile
History
Muslim in America are not a threatPage 41 of 123    (27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67)
^^^
That's what I keep telling her.
I'm Jovan.
SHE'S "lyingjovan".
But she keeps on saying how awful "lyingjovan" is...

I think she's obsessed with me.

Also, I think she must have wished she was a man.
It'd be funny, if it wasn't so tragic.

Weird too, how religious people, like Marilyn, seem incapable of grasping even the tiniest possibility that someone who hadn't been raped, could possibly be against it.
"What's his beef? He wasn't even raped?"
Isn't that a bit weird?

It must be that "religion is the source of our immorality" thing, I suppose....
No wait?
Is that right?

Goodnight.
 Maleman999
Msg: 1002
Muslim in America are not a threat
Posted: 4/13/2017 5:52:05 PM

Show me ASSIMILATE and show me where in the Koran its says its acceptable for ANY Muslim to ASSIMILATE.

There was a time when it was frowned upon, and in some places illegal, for a Catholic to marry a non-Catholic. Any kids they have could not be Catholic if it's not two Catholics who are married. The same with a few other religions that try to keep their religion "pure". In the U.S., there was time when a white person was not allowed to marry a black person. But in a country where there are people and religions from all over the world, it's hard to maintain a religiously "pure" society. It's takes one couple to break the barrier with an inter-faith marriage to get the ball rolling to get to a point where now, it's not uncommon to have a Catholic marrying a non-Catholic, or any other inter-faith marriage. For some people, the only time they are ever in a church is for a wedding-theirs or for others.

Muslim parents are going to pound their religion into their children's heads, but like with any religious indoctrination, some will stray and question the values being taught, and may mix with non-Muslims that could lead to relationships, and therefore assimilation. They are no longer in a country where they face the death penalty for not practicing the religion they are told to follow. If you don't think so, that was probably the same feelings people of different religions had in the past, and like previously mentioned, people never thought there would be day when a black person and white person would get married, or be allowed to marry. But now, it doesn't shock anyone when it happens. The first case would be a shocker, but will be less shocking over time.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 1003
Posted: 4/13/2017 6:15:50 PM

Weird too, how religious people, like Marilyn, seem incapable of grasping even the tiniest possibility that someone who hadn't been raped, could possibly be against it.

They lack empathy and understanding, that is why some of them seek to artificially fill it with mumbo jumbo, as they believe just the act as identifying as religious affords them greater respect as they have made some type of sacrifice.

Also probably explains why they can not deal with criticism very well, as if the church is seen in a bad light, their whole world comes crashing down.

"What's his beef? He wasn't even raped?"
Isn't that a bit weird?

It is a bit something that's for sure.

Kinda like the fireman who gets caught setting fires.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a time when it was frowned upon, and in some places illegal, for a Catholic to marry a non-Catholic. ..

In many bible belt states, those were called the good old days.
 lyinjovan
Msg: 1004
Posted: 4/13/2017 7:05:49 PM
how cute...lol Trump coming to the rescue of lying jo van. good job frankie.

order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 congupnaroad
Msg: 1005
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2017 7:26:16 PM

I can't, just like you can't show me where it says it is acceptable for any christian to assimilate.

The idea of assimilation in inherently anti-religious, so to call out muslims and not all other faiths is disingenuous at best

Hey Franky, I can't get my head around your notion that "assimilation is inherently anti-religious ". Can you expand on that?

Anyway why are you defending Muslims? Aren't you aware that extremist Muslims deplore atheists as much as they deplore Christians? More to the point they would particularly deplore a Gay atheist like yourself.

Anyway Franky, have you had a phone call yet from the Mayor of your Village? He wants his idiot back(you).
 LOLTrump
Msg: 1006
Posted: 4/13/2017 8:07:27 PM

Hey Franky, I can't get my head around your notion that "assimilation is inherently anti-religious ". Can you expand on that?

Happy to Becky.

T h e i d e a o f a s s i m i l a t i o n i n i n h e r e n t l y a n t i - r e l i g i o u s , s o t o c a l l o u t m u s l i m s a n d n o t a l l o t h e r f a i t h s i s d i s i n g e n u o u s a t b e s t

Anyway why are you defending Muslims?

I am not defending them I am equating them, same derp different wizard.

Aren't you aware that extremist Muslims deplore atheists as much as they deplore Christians?

I am also aware living in North America anything happening to be at the hands of an extremist muslim is about a billion to one.

So I tend to put it a lot lower on the list of things I should care about.

Though I must ask, why do you capitalist muslim?

If you are a true christian by doing so you are recognizing the existence of allah and have committed a mortal sin. Your are validating that he exists while also claiming your dude exists, dang son you f*cked up.

You better run to the guy with the funny dress and tell him you are sorry.

Because that guy who could do all of those amazing things, and preform all those miracles, who was eventually defeated by a hammer some nails and a couple of boards (but that is really for another day) and then died for everyone's sins, and his punishment was living in the what was written to be the best place to ever exist, might show up in the next couple of days so be on your best behavior.

More to the point they would particularly deplore a Gay atheist like yourself.

Is that really suppose to be an insult?

Calling someone gay is the same as calling someone left-handed.

You really need to work on your stuff, it is rather juvenile, it might play with your sister/wife but not here Cletus.
 deetristate
Msg: 1007
Posted: 4/14/2017 6:51:01 AM
To the religious.

May your fasting be spiritual and ultimately uplifting.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 1008
Posted: 4/14/2017 12:42:33 PM
To the non religious.

A good friday with dad

https://i.imgur.com/8jVZYdH.jpg

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 congupnaroad
Msg: 1009
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2017 1:32:34 PM

Happy to Becky.

T h e i d e a o f a s s i m i l a t i o n i n i n h e r e n t l y a n t i - r e l i g i o u s , s o t o c a l l o u t m u s l i m s a n d n o t a l l o t h e r f a i t h s i s d i s i n g e n u o u s a t b e s t

Aw Franky, you sound upset, would you like a hanky, tissue maybe? Anyway as you spend 24/7 in your Mum's basement you would be Vitamin D deficient and that condition lends itself to turning people into raving lunatics.

Anyway in most countries irreligious and religious people live in harmony. Which throws your derp about assimilation being anti-religious right out the window.

I am not defending them I am equating them, same derp different wizard

And you failed, which of course is no surprise.

I must ask, why do you capitalist muslim?

I didn't capitalist anything****ad, the proper term is capitalise.

Is English your native language?

Is that really suppose to be an insult?

Calling someone gay is the same as calling someone left-handed

How come you didn't capitalise Gay? Using your logic you are failing to acknowledge your own existence.

You really need to work on your stuff, it is rather juvenile, it might play with your sister/wife but not here Cletus

Aw Franky is Becky and Cletus the best you have?
 gtomustang
Msg: 1010
Posted: 4/14/2017 1:41:46 PM
So we target the Muslims for our hatred, yet when they try to stick together in defense we shout:

SEE? SEE? THEY have a problem!

its a circular argument--you can't trust those people b/c when we attack them, they do something about it we don't agree with so that proves you can't trust them.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 1011
Posted: 4/14/2017 2:24:09 PM
Thia is like Sesame Street.
'Wjich one of these is not like the others'?

gto? Definitely not the odd ball. Dee? Nope
congup? Nope, hes not the weasel in the hen house either.
Leaving only one. The same one thats always being a dyck. Its all he knows how to be.
As his family must say... this place is so much better without him in it.

To topic?
Detroit doctor busted for performing genital mutilations.
Long live Islam!
 LOLTrump
Msg: 1012
Posted: 4/14/2017 3:13:21 PM

To topic?
Detroit doctor busted for performing genital mutilations.
Long live Islam!

In related news:

Judge praises former LDS bishop, while sentencing him for rape, as victim listens
http://kutv.com/news/local/judge-praised-convicted-sex-offender

Evil Catholic priest raped young boy until 'he prayed he would die' during months of sickening sexual abuse
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/evil-catholic-priest-raped-young-10220240
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 1013
Posted: 4/14/2017 4:25:10 PM
Hahaha this cats a retard. Not too bright.

If I said Im against smoking, you just gave me all the shitty reasons not to drink.
Moot points to someone who doesnt do either.

So pointing out 'other' shit doesnt change the 'initial' shit, nor does it even mean I disagree.
Im absolutely no fan of Catholics either.
However, this is a place that has you swear on a bible, not a Koran. Dont like it, leave.
Right or wrong, perfect or flawed, this is Rome, and when in Rome you so as Romans, which isnt to say you run around and do,any of the bad things they do either.
Muhammad didnt even tolerate infidels, whereas Jesus saw non believers as potential converts. If 'not assimilating' applied Christians, there wouldnt be evangelicists.
Amish people...stick to themselves and do not seek to make ANY changes to society. There is no influx of Amish people threatening the status quo.

Incidentally? I dont personally like my POV. I saw a Muslim guy yesterday...wearing a Leafs jersey. I heard a muslim girl speak in our Parliament. There are so many nice Muslims! But... Muslims still and the mission remains the same
 congupnaroad
Msg: 1014
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2017 5:36:26 PM
MSG 1013

In my town after WW2 there was an influx of Muslims from Albania/Turkey. They worked hard and to the best of my knowledge never spoke out against any of our traditions. They built their own mosque. Our current Mayor is a descendant of an Albanian Muslim and so is one of my best mates. Both nice people.

However the recent influx of Muslims tend to live in enclaves. Some of them have spoken out about Halloween, Valentines Day and one year the City bowed to their request to not put up Xmas decorations. However at the same time they want everyone else to respect their traditions.
Well my message to them is if you cannot respect other people's traditions, fvck off back to where you come from.

Anyway I wouldn't know if any of the "new" Muslims are nice people or not, especially the females because they are forbidden to speak to you.

MSG 1012
Aw Franky, I knew you would wheel out the Catholic priest thing, you are so boringly predictable. What are you trying to pull the old guilt by association thing?

Anyway you have achieved another epic failure, which of course is no surprise. If I had my way those Catholic priests would be subject to the death penalty.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 1015
Posted: 4/14/2017 7:54:23 PM

Hahaha this cats a retard. Not too bright.

If I said Im against smoking, you just gave me all the shitty reasons not to drink.
Moot points to someone who doesnt do either.

So then tell me what does one dr doing something prove?

How come you are giving a pass to the ones that do it to boys?

You clearly have a hate and will look for any points to try and connect the dots.

So pointing out 'other' shit doesnt change the 'initial' shit, nor does it even mean I disagree.

It points out that you are a liar, own it like a man.

However, this is a place that has you swear on a bible, not a Koran. Dont like it, leave.

Wrong once again buttercup.

If you want to swear the oath on your holy book, bring it with you.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/citizenship/cit-ceremony.asp

Love to see how you will try and squirm out of this.

Right or wrong, perfect or flawed, this is Rome, and when in Rome you so as Romans, which isnt to say you run around and do,any of the bad things they do either.

No, it is right or wrong, this is Canada, not some fantasy land. And in Canada we do not discriminate against people because we are paranoid.

Muhammad didnt even tolerate infidels, whereas Jesus saw non believers as potential converts. If 'not assimilating' applied Christians, there wouldnt be evangelicists.

muhammad was a character in a book, and do you know that muslims like catholics have 100's of different groups that liked some parts of the book and not others and as such went their own ways.

Amish people...stick to themselves and do not seek to make ANY changes to society. There is no influx of Amish people threatening the status quo.

Correct, unlike the christians who are attempting to take over government and dictate legislation and as we just saw with tRump getting ready to get rid of the Johnson Amendment, give churches even more power, but the funny part will be when they realize that also means muslims churches.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1016
Posted: 4/14/2017 8:34:54 PM
not to pry open the ol' can of worms, but circumcision...may be considered a form of involuntary genital mutilation, but as a society we don't ask questions about it. We think its perfectly normal to chop off the foreskin.
 forumslady
Msg: 1017
Posted: 4/14/2017 9:27:56 PM
gtomustang- Actually, the same exact thought came to my mind too. (about male circumcision)
There's a reason why they take male babies out of the room so the parents can't see what's done.
Every body should go to at least one briss.
Let them get on their high horse after that. :o
Male circumcision is culturally acceptable in the US, female circumcision is not.
That's just the way it is, but that doesn't make male circumcision any less painful.
As far as the topic:
Muslims in America........
It remains funny to me that some people are acting like people coming here from other countries and/or religions is something new.
It isn't.
All the talk about the destruction of our society as we know it only proves how well the agenda of fear mongering that is going on is working.
Here we are, debating who's country this is, who belongs here and who doesn't, when if we were ALL honest, the only people that have an actual right to call this country their's are American Indians.
I would pay money to be a fly on the wall for some of these people to go to an Indian reservation and start talking about this "my country" crap. OR, have the nerve to talk about an entire culture getting screwed.
Oh, and by the way, I've said several times that I am mostly Irish, this is true.
However, take a good look at my pic.
The high cheekbones and the shape of my eyes.
The other part of my heritage.........Cherokee Indian.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 1018
Posted: 4/15/2017 1:32:31 AM
A link that provides both sides of the coin?

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/05/male-circumcision-vs-female-circumcision/392732/

MY conclusion? Men...and their religions and what they do with it...suck.
 Kj521
Msg: 1019
Posted: 4/15/2017 3:26:01 AM
"not to pry open the ol' can of worms, but circumcision...may be considered a form of involuntary genital mutilation, but as a society we don't ask questions about it. We think its perfectly normal to chop off the foreskin."

True.....but in most cases...the intended & end physiological results are not comparible.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 1020
Posted: 4/15/2017 5:45:16 AM

However, take a good look at my pic.
The high cheekbones and the shape of my eyes.
The other part of my heritage.........Cherokee Indian

So true, shake anyone's family tree & u will be finding something exotic!
FL, I bet you would love doing that 23 & me thing where u get an in depth genetic analysis, your heritage & all kinds of relatives etc. I found out I am 5% Yakut
 deetristate
Msg: 1021
Muslim in America
Posted: 4/15/2017 5:45:36 AM
Americans .......versus .......Not Americans

In the country....... versus......Not in the country

Yes, all those problems and practices that we already have.

Why bring in more?

They can go to Canada. Their Prime Minister has already said the country will take them.

Why don't they just go there?

These kumbaya leftists pretend that this is comparable to other immigrants and religions.
If they want to live in that false world, there is nothing that you can do about it.

The people who think like that just can't be in charge. Of anything.

And they call Trump delusional. LOL!

Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 1022
Muslim in America
Posted: 4/15/2017 6:01:51 AM

Americans .......versus .......Not Americans

In the country....... versus......Not in the country

Yes, all those problems and practices that we already have.

Why bring in more?

They can go to Canada. Their Prime Minister has already said the country will take them.

Dee if they are such an awful trouble & burden why dump them on our friends to the North? Do you realize how you sound? Do you have ANY SELF AWARENESS?

Why don't they just go there?

Why don't they? I dunno, why don't you stop immigrants in the streets & ask?

These kumbaya leftists pretend that this is comparable to other immigrants and religions.
I find your choice of words offensive. But I support your RIGHT of using them- freedom of speech. Personally, I am not a leftist or a liberal, more of a middle of the road person. There are elements of both parties that I like & do not like. But this is a bi-partisan system, so many have to choose carefully. And that "Kumbaya" statement, so cliched

If they want to live in that false world, there is nothing that you can do about it.

The people who think like that just can't be in charge. Of anything.

^^ NOW THIS TYPE OF THINKING- TRULY SCARY- I think you are Jeff Sessions in disguise!

And they call Trump delusional. LOL!
POT meet KETTLE
 deetristate
Msg: 1023
Muslim in America
Posted: 4/15/2017 6:11:36 AM
Do you know how you sound?

Their Prime Minister stated that he would take them.

Let them

Win Win.

What does "self awareness" have to do with this? Talk about cliched.
You people tossing around all of these pat and overused phrases out of context is sometimes very amusing.

I have no belief that we should rid ourselves of muslims. The questions is whether we should let more people in, from where, under what circumstances and why.

We have problems here to deal with.

( Also, you clearly are not the Blond Angel/Blondie that I corresponded with offline but nice effort)
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 1024
Muslim in America
Posted: 4/15/2017 6:18:07 AM
Dee, clearly I am BA, however time, distance & new experiences changes those who are open to it.

"A wise man never knows all, only fools know everything."

~African Proverb~

Just appeared in my FB feed. How fitting.
 Jo van
Msg: 1025
view profile
History
Muslim in America
Posted: 4/15/2017 6:29:19 AM
GTO is quite right, male circumcision (or "male genital mutilation", as I believe it should be known) is accepted as "standard" in the USA now, with about 60% of males being "cut", whereas in the uk., it's only about 10%.
I started a thread about it, (back when I was still allowed to start threads. ). If you search the uk forum for "circumcision", you'll find my views, and some interesting statistics, like "15 square inches"
It's really an amputation for purely cultural reasons.
Performed on people without their informed consent.

Is this really a part of "American culture"?
Or has it just been "imported"

As for "kumbaya" Dee, your president is still "kumbaya" about Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and many other countries who have been the countries of origin of actual "terrorists".
In fact, ALL the countries which are "Muslim", but Trump or his daughter do business in, are excluded from his ban.

But apart from anything else, the US constitution says it's illegal. to discriminate on the basis of religion.
Many of the "founding fathers" had left other countries, specifically because of such religious persecutions of minority religions.
So...
As someone else said: (paraphrasing)
"If you don't want to abide by the rules there, maybe you should just go somewhere else?"

Is " easter Saturday". The day when "our lord" shat all the chocolate eggs?
I'm not really 'up' on all the various customs and practices.
When do I have to crucify santa
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America