Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 triblata
Msg: 2376
Muslim in AmericaPage 96 of 123    (83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123)

you claim you're not religious but yet refuse to deny that you're Jewish ....clearly a cure is needed

Not a question but a babbling assertion.

religion povides a way for the delusional to blend into society ...if a burning bush or a donkey talks to you ....just claim it's God

A babbling assertion supported by a babbler's imagination.

it makes people happier and healthier to believe than not to believe.

that's called...existing in a state of "Ignorance Bliss" ...

If so, so what...if people are happier and healthier for that bliss?

but religion in many communities, especially on Sunday's, draw people from all walks of life into a community get together.

it's to collect their ten percent of income ...it takes money to pave those streets of Heaven in gold and to pay off the victims of those naughty priests

A babbling assertion which is belied by the actual evidence.

Judaism has always been a religion of peace

even while they were stoning adulterers and unruly children to Death

A babbling and meaningless and immaterial assertion by a strikingly ignorant man. who still apparently believes most people live in the dark ages.

Christians in modern ages do not go around trying to convert people by violence

perhaps because the government made it illegal to torture and murder heretics

A babbling, nonsensical and ignorant assertion based on an ignorant man's imagination.

Muslims are a huge number of people and only an infinitesimally small number of them use violence to inflict their ways on others.

only when God command them to do so

A babbling, nonsensical assertion not supported by a scintilla of evidence spouted by an ignorant man with a vivid imagination.

That constant babbling is the reason I need you to help with the Funchest doll.... only you can babble so much and so incoherently so constantly. Its really quite amusing. Its like what ever comes into the funchesf head becomes his reality.
 triblata
Msg: 2377
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/16/2017 3:54:25 PM
To the contrary Loltrump... I have produced scholarly studies proving the facts. You produce NOTHING other than an opinion which is based on NOTHING. IT is almost laughable you cite a Pew Study, but cite nothing from that Pew Study to support whatever garbage it is you are trying to assert on this board. You are very much like Funchesf......... but he simply babbles because he doesn't know any better. I see his babbling as free association. Ask him something... and anything can come out of his mouth... thus the funchest doll.

You on the other hand are an attempted master at never saying or proving anything you assert, and then accusing the other guy of not doing so. All of your big anti-religion talk.....you have established nothing other than it is beyond your ability to prove anything....because the evidence simply doesn't exist to prove your claims...... but keep on trying.

But that is your modus operandi on here. You make assertions... accusations....and yet can never prove anything you say. When a person contradicts you..you claim they are the know nothings..when you are in reality the know nothing... the guy who pretends to know things but can never produce evidence to prove anything. So sad.
 chameleonf
Msg: 2378
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/16/2017 4:16:46 PM

yes, yes....like those happier healthier blissful people being oppressed, imprisoned, etc. the world over due to politics (greed) with their oppressors hiding behind religious beliefs (radical and not - think Pence in a relatively safe America and how his religion plays into his politics and how he would like to oppress the LBGTQ, women, etc., with others of his ilk).

It's pretty myopic to discount the rest of the world and base your assertions on 1st world countries. You certainly can't be trying to establish that individuals who believe in their own particular god are happier and healthier strictly by believing in their god while huddled together to pray or all alone while they and their children are being bludgeoned, shot, bombed, raped, tortured...need I go on. They may still believe even while suffering their own particular atrocities but their miracles aren't transpiring. When those miracles don't happen, then it's god's will, they've gone to a better place, they'll be reincarnated, you name it...and, if you don't believe, well, then the wonderful omnipotent god will have the unbelievers burn in hell, come back as a dung beetle, etc.

It's a fact (yes, fact, not a theory or "belief") that religion in developed countries is dying out as the human race evolves. It took a long time to stop knuckle dragging (some, unfortunately, still do mentally), so the evolution of a non-religious world will take it's time as well.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 2379
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/16/2017 4:27:41 PM

To the contrary Loltrump... I have produced scholarly studies proving the facts.

Cool story bro.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 triblata
Msg: 2380
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/17/2017 6:58:46 AM
"yes, yes....like those happier healthier blissful people being oppressed, imprisoned, etc. the world over due to politics (greed) with their oppressors hiding behind religious beliefs"

People in the western nations are not being oppressed due to religion. Even in the LGBT realm, people if they are oppressed, are oppressed more from bigots and haters whose attitudes have nothing to do with religion. People at times are just aholes.

There of course are tyrants in the non westernized nations, some of them religious, but tyrants are tyrants and want things done their way regardless of religion.

Many Jews during the holocaust their imprisonment and pending gassing in fact prayed, reached out to god for strength..Some gave up on God.

But yes, I am focussing more on the west because I am more familiar with the west and the religious here...and the studies have been completed here showing the benefits of religion...but I'll bet in countries where life is more difficult, you will find more religious.

The bottom line is that sure some depraved people use religion for nefarious purposes, but by and large religion provides many benefits to many people.

Reminds me of a girl I dated in my early twenties. We both were non-religious more or less. We reconnected decades later...she had some traumatic events in her life, married a religious guy and converted to a very diehard Catholic. I barely recognized her. But she did what she had to for herself.

People are in the west more likely to reject religion these days, but I doubt religion will be dying out anywhere anytime soon, and if it does, people will find other ways to feed their spiritual needs.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 2381
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/17/2017 7:01:36 AM
I can only imagine if this had been a muslim how full retard the media would be going right now, but because it was christains not only does it make the main stream news, there where literally 12 people standing around watching it thinking it was ok.

Ferndale Mother Arrested For Attempted Homicide After ‘Trying to Remove the Demons’ from Her 11-Year-Old Child
Andrew Goff
June 16. 2017

Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office press release

On Friday June 16th at approximately 9 a.m. the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call in regards to a small child being attacked by the child’s mother at Centerville beach near Ferndale. The caller stated that the mother was attempting to perform an exorcism on the 11 year old child. The mother had stripped the child naked and was shoving handfuls of sand in the child’s eyes and into the child’s mouth. The mother stated she was trying to remove the Demons from the child.

The mother, 45 year old Kimberly Felder of Ferndale, continued the assault by viciously striking, biting, and choking the child. This assault was being witnessed by a crowd of approximately 10 to 12 people. When local citizen John Marciel arrived on scene, he immediately stepped in and attempted to restrain Felder and prevent further assault to the child. Marciel struggled on the ground with the Felder, while Felder continued her persistent attack on the child by hitting the child in the head with a piece of driftwood. A short time later a Sheriff’s Deputy arrived and Felder was finally pulled from the child and placed in handcuffs.

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2017/jun/16/ferndale-mother-arrested-attempted-homicide-after/
 triblata
Msg: 2382
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/17/2017 7:08:12 AM
Any proof the 12 people watching thought it was ok? Didn't somebody call the police? A mentally ill woman is big news? You know so little yet make so many assumptions...not much of a critical thinker are you?
 LOLTrump
Msg: 2383
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/17/2017 7:11:27 AM

Any proof the 12 people watching thought it was ok? Didn't somebody call the police? A mentally ill woman is big news? You know so little yet make so many assumptions...not much of a critical thinker are you?

So you claim I am not a critical thinker, yet all of your question can be answered if you read the story.

Not sure of your are really just that stupid or you are trying to be an apologist for people who think there is an invisible man in the sky.

Either way, best of luck with that.
 chameleonf
Msg: 2384
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/17/2017 7:15:17 AM
Interesting link re the decline of religion in the western world. http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/usappblog/2016/09/05/religion-is-in-decline-in-the-west-and-america-is-no-exception. = slow evolutionary process
 triblata
Msg: 2385
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/17/2017 7:17:19 AM
Just read the story...nothing suggesting it was okay with anybody. You always see things not there..say things not supported by evidence. One of your many faults. You simply assume things not supported by facts.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 2386
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/17/2017 7:21:51 AM

Just read the story...nothing suggesting it was okay with anybody.

Yes and that is why 12 people stood around did nothing until a stranger arrived and intervened.

"This assault was being witnessed by a crowd of approximately 10 to 12 people. When local citizen John Marciel arrived on scene, he immediately stepped in and attempted to restrain Felder and prevent further assault to the child."

You always see things not there..say things not supported by evidence. One of your many faults. You simply assume things not supported by facts.

You really need to troll smarter not harder, as it is making you look like a total idiot.

Next time get an adult to help you or ask some invisible man in the sky.
 triblata
Msg: 2387
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/17/2017 7:36:05 AM
That people don't intervene does not mean things are okay with them. They saw a violent, crazy women and did not want to intervene, and you interpret that to mean they supported her actions? Maybe the people watching were children themselves, friends of the child.

I'm just tired of your b's and apparent inbility to critically examine the written word and your always seeing only what you want to see. You and Elphaba are the same. She too has zero critical thinking abilities. When I argue with her, I just need to remind myself she is a stupid person who can't be taken seriously..
 funchesf
Msg: 2388
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/17/2017 12:16:37 PM

Posted By: Triblata

if that is true....then why did you stop following the Jewish religion ...is it because you rather be unhealthy and miserable?

A babbling and meaningless and immaterial assertion by a strikingly ignorant man. who still apparently believes most people live in the dark ages.

"Circumcision" is of the Dark Ages ...as long as you preach in favor of such religions you in turn condone "the beheading" of little boys privates ......

A babbling, nonsensical and ignorant assertion based on an ignorant man's imagination.

yep...that's religion
 triblata
Msg: 2389
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/17/2017 1:02:08 PM

if that is true....then why did you stop following the Jewish religion ...is it because you rather be unhealthy and miserable?

Are you actually capable of trying to Bait somebody? I thought nonsensical babbling was your own attribute.

"Circumcision" is of the Dark Ages ...as long as you preach in favor of such religions you in turn condone "the beheading" of little boys privates ......

Whew..... back to babbling I see..... you scared me for a second.

yep...that's religion

I'm guessing you don't know a whole lot about religion or why people are religioius.... I would suggest you read something... but I don't want you to stop babbling please. I need your ideas for the Funchest doll.
 funchesf
Msg: 2390
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/17/2017 1:59:05 PM

Are you actually capable of trying to Bait somebody?

I'm simply asking how you can be both non-religious and Jewish at the same time ....

I thought nonsensical babbling was your own attribute.

or perhaps that's why you keep getting kicked off this site

you scared me for a second.

what's scary is that you include "Circumcision" in your claim that Judaism is a religion of peace ...or did you mean "piece"? (chop chop)

I'm guessing you don't know a whole lot about religion or why people are religioius

what's to know ..other than the fact that you worship something you can't prove exist...

I would suggest you read something

are you suggesting I read something with a talking serpent in it
 triblata
Msg: 2391
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/17/2017 5:57:30 PM
"what's scary is that you include "Circumcision" in your claim that Judaism is a religion of peace ...or did you mean "piece"? (chop chop)"

Shocker alert... not only are you a babbling, shockingly ignorant man...you are also a first class bigot. Who would of thought that about a babbler? Let's keep this to ourselves so as not to hurt funchesf doll sales.
 deetristate
Msg: 2392
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/18/2017 5:09:41 PM

And now, for the soft sell:

""""""""""""Berlin (AFP) - With a mission to spread a liberal form of Islam, a mosque where men and women pray side by side has opened its doors in Berlin, complete with female imams.

The Arabic phrase "Allahu Akbar" ('God is greatest') resonated through the crowded Ibn-Rushd-Goethe-Mosque Friday as US-Malaysian Ani Zonneveld, one of the world's few female imams, launched the call to prayer.

Then one of the founders of the new place of worship, lawyer and women's rights activist Seyran Ates, opened the event with words of welcome before Christian and Jewish guests and a large media contingent.

"We want to send a signal against Islamic terror and the misuse of our religion," said Turkish-born Ates, 54, dressed in a long white robe. "We want to practise our religion together."

Ates -- no stranger to breaking taboos, having called for a "sexual revolution" in the Muslim world -- vowed she would not allow ultra-conservatives "to rob me of my right to be Muslim".

Kneeling on green carpets, the faithful -- men and women, side by side -- bowed to Mecca for the traditional prayer as the imam spoke in German.

Some of the women wore veils or head coverings, others did not.

- 'Depoliticise' Islam -

The new mosque, the 88th in the German capital, is located in a rented room on the third floor of the Protestant Johanniskirche (St. John's Church) building.

All Muslims -- Sunni or Shia, Alawite or Sufi -- are welcome in the mosque named after one of Germany's greatest writers, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, and 12th century Islamic scholar Ibn Rushd, also known as Averroes.

The seven founding members said they want to open their prayer hall to all groups, including gays and lesbians.

"This mosque allows Muslims to define themselves in a new way," said co-founder and German Islam scholar Abdel-Hakim Ourghi.

He added that "we will try to depoliticise Islam", as the religion was being torn by rival political movements. "Because religion is a private matter."

Police stood guard outside the entrance of the building.""""""""

"""""""the mosque occupies a big room on the third floor of an old red brick Lutheran church."""""""
 forumslady
Msg: 2393
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/18/2017 5:29:47 PM
deetristate- Thank you for sharing this. ^^^^^^
More country's in the world are making progress and embracing more than one religion, how wonderful.

Yeah, yeah, I know, you see it as a bad thing, you would.
Let me guess, to you this is a Trojan horse? A way to get their foot in the door, so they can start putting pods under people's beds and/or brainwashing them?

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

There is no vast conspiracy, Dee.
Most people have sense enough to reject extremist beliefs.
Yes, extremists manage to convert others to extremism from time to time, these are people who were already on the edge anyway.
Most people, sane people, realize any kind of extremism, regardless what religion is being discussed, are lunatics.
The irony here is that YOU can't get that and yet you are paranoid about people who actually think the SAME way you do.
If you could ever get over a very bad case of cognitive dissonance, you might could see that the vast majority of Muslim's are kind, loving people.
As it is, you truly believe that anyone can become an extremist, yet YOU are an extremist for thinking that way.
You don't see it, but I wish you would because then there MIGHT be hope for you.
 John252817
Msg: 2394
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/18/2017 6:58:34 PM
Yes Dee, like forumslady said.....".you might could see" YIKES, not sure what might could see means in english
Anywho, I know you don't hate all people, you just don't care for the extremists. Now that for many makes sense, for "some" they will make you out to sound like you hate an entire race or religion etc. That's the leftist way and they use it all the time and are proud of it....YIKES!!!!!
 deetristate
Msg: 2395
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/18/2017 7:07:50 PM
I don't know, john. Some people just like to make up things and ascribe the made up to me and then argue with themselves.
I can't do anything about that.

I also can't help that they hysterically interpret anything to the extreme and put their heads in the sand in the face of reality.
Like they need security present, which is telling.

The interesting thing will be how the larger community responds.
I read somewhere that the lutheran church has very few members.

But then again it is only a rented room in a church.

A luthern church that I know of rents its church to reform jews on saturdays.
The congregation didn't mind until they started hanging rainbows everywhere.

Just an interesting development. And a soft sell to a population that is generslly reeling.
 Kj521
Msg: 2396
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/18/2017 7:14:42 PM
"Muslim's are kind, loving people."

Not all of them.

I, daresay, they are no different than any other human being. We all possess the potential to be both good and evil. Religious and/or other group affiliations....only provide us the justifications for the resultant behavior.

Ps.....Hope you had a wonderful Father's Day, John. :)
 John252817
Msg: 2397
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/18/2017 8:03:47 PM
Kj, ^^^^^ don't try to explain that to some in here because they don't want to admit it. They are consistent.

Yes, had a great fathers day, have two awesome sons that are fathers also. Life is good!!
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 2398
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/18/2017 8:47:04 PM

Not all of them.

But neither are "non Muslims"
As a right wing nut job in London ran down pple in a Muslim neighborhood!

Sinking down to the level of the terrorists (who you are railing against)...is a great way to prove your point!
 Kj521
Msg: 2399
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/18/2017 9:00:05 PM
Long sigh.......I hate repeating myself, Mr. Yule. :/

"I, daresay, they are no different than any other human being. We all possess the potential to be both good and evil. Religious and/or other group affiliations....only provide us the justifications for the resultant behavior."

Capisci? :)
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 2400
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/18/2017 9:40:24 PM

Msg: 2411
As a right wing nut job in London ran down pple in a Muslim neighborhood!

"Eyewitnesses have said the man got out of the car, was waving a knife, and shouted “I want to kill all Muslims”."

Are those crickets we hear--------------> from the White House?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America