Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vlad dracul
Msg: 2401
view profile
History
Muslim in AmericaPage 97 of 123    (83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123)
Once again a nutter goes on the rampage in london. When i heard the news on sky this morning something about the name got me thinking. I used to live no to far from finsbury park in my london years. Stamford hill. A heavy orthodox jewish area.

But finsbury park mosque was notorious for links to terrorism. The hate preacher abu hamza used to preach his pro terrorist wafflings from there. Also known as captain hook the rodent was eventually extradited to shermanland.

It got me wondering why that particular mosque was targeted? It appears to have tried to shake off its terrorist friendly past though.
Still another day another tragedy on these islands. I think we will be in for onle long long summer of discontent on these islands.

But i would not at all be surprised if finsbury park mosque was chosen because of its past......

"Al Qaeda operatives including "shoebomber" Richard Reid and Zacarias Moussaoui attended the mosque.[7] In 2002, The Guardian reported that weapons training had taken place inside the building.[8]

"According to classified American documents, released by Wikileaks, Finsbury Park mosque previously served "as a haven" for Islamic extremists who subsequently fought against allied forces in Afghanistan.[13]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finsbury_Park_Mosque
 gtomustang
Msg: 2402
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 3:12:14 AM
oh...well, as long as there is a history, who can complain when the chickens come home to roost? After all, if the Brits ever had a history of dominating other groups...oh....wait...oops.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 2403
view profile
History
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 3:50:23 AM
"oh...well, as long as there is a history, who can complain when the chickens come home to roost? After all, if the Brits ever had a history of dominating other groups...oh....wait...oops."

Oh dear. What a sad reply geezer. I pointed out that THAT mosque in particular had a history of extremism. I also pointed out that it COULD have been a factor in the attack. If i up here in Scotland can remember what it USED to be linked to then obviously others can as well.

All you done was make yourself like a lot of the others on here. Be honest here GTO did you know that the said mosque was known for its support of terrorism in the past? Do you not think that could be a reason for an attack?

Where in my post did i condone the attack then? Where did i say it was justified? Where did i welcome any deaths?

Point me in the right direction please.

Ps
If you are ITK and know why that certain mosque was attacked please share. Ta.
 deetristate
Msg: 2404
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 4:21:06 AM
Let's go with gto's imagination for a minute.

If people believe that certain Muslims and certain countries are justified in this ''payback" of killing and harming people in the west,or simply that it is inevitable, the west should stop allowing them and their descendents free reign in Western countries let alone letting them in at all.
It is called self defense.

Again, if you feel that you personally deserve some harm because of the guilt you carry, feel free to go to Afghanistan and pay your debt
 Kj521
Msg: 2405
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 4:35:32 AM
Hatred and violence should be universally condemned.

Londoners do not have to accept it as "part and parcel" of living in a big city!

Time to call for stricker...Van Control. :/

Walts
Msg: 2406
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 4:36:06 AM

If people believe that certain Muslims and certain countries are justified in this ''payback" of killing and harming people in the west,or simply that it is inevitable, the west should stop allowing them and their descendents free reign in Western countries let alone letting them in at all.

Or, even easier, as a country you could stop running around bombing every rabbit hole for reasons/excuses only an idiot would believe. Your country has a amazing history of pretending to be the knight in shining armour, all the while, making sure it gains, while your youth in uniforms, and by default, you and the rest that sit in comfort back home, pays. It is amazing that bullies still can't understand why those they target, sometimes will swing back.

And then, the good old "woe is me" whine.

Some of us define that as chicken shiat.

And, with that, dumb.
 triblata
Msg: 2407
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 5:31:29 AM
" the west should stop allowing them and their descendents free reign in Western countries let alone letting them in at all.
It is called self defense."

Punish all of them, violate their constitutional rights..due to the actions of .00001 of them. You are looking to start a religious war are you not? How are you any better than Elphaba, who believes in payback...she an extreme leftist piece of trash and you an extreme rightest?
 LOLTrump
Msg: 2408
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 6:31:37 AM

As a right wing nut job in London ran down pple in a Muslim neighborhood!

So two weeks ago, tRump used London car attack to push unconstitutional muslim Ban.

Seems odd that when a a white man plowed into muslims, tRump does not say a thing.

His silence speaks volumes.
 from site to sight
Msg: 2409
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 7:17:25 AM
Britain should retaliate by putting a ban on white people immigrating, to keep those white terrorists out.
 Jo van
Msg: 2410
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 7:48:55 AM
I only wish that ALL such attacks, on whomever, should be referred to as just "nutters".
Clearly, other nutters don't represent "Muslims", any more than this man representing "christians " (if that's what he turns out to be)

And I wish the news would stop referring to such people as "terrorists", or interpreting any such acts, as if they were "attacks" on our nation, our "tribe", or "our religion".
They're not.
Just some random nutter, randomly killing innocent people. (In this case, it seems that the only death so far, may have been a man who was already having a heart attack, and a crowd of people were trying to revive him, when the van drove at them.)

For every such random nutter, there immediately appears about a hundred thousand other random people, helping strangers, often at the risk of their own lives.
Let's put it in perspective.

As for the rather pathetic little "dig", by using the words of the "muslim" mayor of London, (but quoting them out of context).

Londoners do not have to accept it as "part and parcel" of living in a big city!

America suffers a "mass-shooting", on 5 days out of every 6.
If you're really against "hatred and violence", maybe don't vote for a president who works only for the NRA?

Deluded people, who accept far-fetched fictions without a shred of evidence, are also more willing to believe that I'm his "enemy", also without any evidence.
People who are prepared to believe in "miracles", like virgin births, walking on water, and "cheating death, and rising as a zombie", or flying horses, or burning bushes, speaking, are basically gullible enough to believe anything they're told.
Sadly, such "belief", without any evidence, is still currently 'touted', and 'admired', as a "beneficial attribute".
In reality, IMO., Scepticism would be far more beneficial to society.

The fewer religious people there are around, the safer we'll all be.
"May his noodley appendage touch you".
 triblata
Msg: 2411
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 7:52:41 AM

The fewer religious people there are around, the safer we'll all be

We all know Herod's opinions about religion of course.... and consistently, he never supports anything he says with any evidence whatsoever. The less extreme leftists should be embarrassed by this guy.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 2412
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 8:44:11 AM
Speaks volumes.

https://i.redd.it/to23ksqtib4z.jpg
 vlad dracul
Msg: 2413
view profile
History
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 11:05:32 AM
Soooo according to latest news reports the driver of the van is one darren osborne and in his late forties.Married with four bairns who lived in cardiff in welsh wales.

He hired the van from a place just outside cardiff then drove down to london. His friends and neighbours seem to be shocked by his actions.

Now as there would have been plenty of mosques in south wales why would he bother travelling all the way to finsbury park in north london? Again i would guess because of finsbury park mosques past history.

The imam geezer stopped him from being beaten to death and i just watched on the news the geezer waved to the cameras from the back of the polis van. He seems totally unconcerned.

His ma was speaking as well and she is well distraught.

Also on the news is a story from paris where a car with guns and a gas canister crashed into a polis wagon on the champs elysee .

He was on the terror watch list.

Keep your eyes peeled on france shermans and canucks. Macron strolled the election and is about to reform french labour laws and impose austerity measures because thats what germany has told them to do.

Much social unrest in the uk and france ahead.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 2414
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 12:48:37 PM
Christians you can celebrate, as the christian version of sharia law is just around the corner and Texas is leading the charge:

BREAKING: Discrimination Signed Into Law in Texas, Governor Abbott Signs HB 3859
By Nick Morrow June 15, 2017

HRC strongly condemned Texas Governor Greg Abbott for signing into law HB 3859 — a patently discriminatory bill which allows child welfare organizations, including adoption and foster care agencies, to turn away qualified Texans seeking to care for a child in need, including LGBTQ couples, interfaith couples, single parents, married couples in which one prospective parent has previously been divorced, or other parents to whom the agency has a religious objection. It will also allow taxpayer-funded agencies to refuse to provide services to children in care if the agency has a religious objection to that service; among other things, HB 3859 will forbid the state from canceling a state contract with an agency that subjected children in their care to dangerous practices such as so-called “conversion therapy.”

HB 3859 enshrines discrimination into Texas law by allowing discrimination in two directions: against prospective parents, and against children in their care. State contractors who provide child welfare services can discriminate against qualified same-sex couples seeking to care for a child in need -- including LGBTQ couples, interfaith couples, single parents, married couples in which one prospective parent has previously been divorced, or other parents to whom the agency has a religious objection.

http://www.hrc.org/blog/Texas-Gov-signed-HB-3859-into-law
 forumslady
Msg: 2415
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 1:00:46 PM
LOLTrump- I feel fairly safe in predicting that this will be legally challenged. ^^^^^^
Someone, likely the ACLU, is going to file suit on the basis this is unconstitutional.
If it goes to the Texas supreme court, it's likely to be upheld, leading to the ultimate showdown, a supreme court hearing, if they agree to hear it.
The supreme court always has the option to turn cases away, then the lower courts ruling would stand.

Regardless, this only goes to show/highlight conservative hypocrisy and double standards.

They insist that there should be NO abortions, that even unwanted children should be born.

Then when some of these children, predictably, wind up in the system, now they turn around and make it less likely for them to be placed in loving homes/family's.

Shameful. Disgraceful, actually. :(
 LOLTrump
Msg: 2416
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 1:00:49 PM
Officials: 17-year-old Muslim girl assaulted and killed after leaving Virginia mosque
By Faiz Siddiqui, Julie Zauzmer and Sarah Pulliam Bailey June 19 at 9:05 AM

The death of a Virginia teenager who police say was assaulted and then disappeared after leaving a mosque in the Sterling area isn't being investigated as a hate crime, authorities said Monday.

On Sunday, police found the girl’s remains and a 22-year-old man has been charged with murder in connection with the case.

The mosque, the All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS) in Sterling, and relatives identified the girl as 17-year-old Nabra Hassanen of Reston.

Fairfax County police identified the man charged with murder in her death as Darwin Martinez Torres of Sterling. On Monday, they did not release any explanation as to why they weren’t investigating the murder as a hate crime.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/fairfax-loudoun-police-searching-for-missing-17-year-old-reported-to-have-been-assaulted/2017/06/18/02e379ac-5466-11e7-a204-ad706461fa4f_story.html?utm_term=.ebdab2d82931
 chameleonf
Msg: 2417
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 1:29:06 PM
re 2427: yup...Separation of church and state and no religious test applies to Federal and State office holders and employees not being discriminated against based on religious belief. It seems to handily exclude the same provision to those office holders and/or employees not being allowed to discriminate against citizens because of the religious beliefs held by the bigoted and racist office holders and employees. Gotta love the hypocrisy of religions...love thy neighbour, do unto others...blah blah blah and then do the opposite. Sanctimonious, pious pigs! Doesn't matter the religion.
 forumslady
Msg: 2418
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 1:49:34 PM
chameleonf- Indeed. ^^^^^
I'm trying my best to not get ticked. I don't want to get tattled on and wind up banned, again.
It's hard though.
The double standard is obvious.
This is one of the number one reasons why I don't participate in church/religion, anymore.
This kind of double speak is bs.
They need to make up their minds, already.
You want all conceived children born, ok, then figure out what to do with the ones who wind up being given up.
Plus, don't even TRY to tell me that only white, wealthy, heterosexual, married couples are fit to adopt/foster children.
That is four dis- qualifier's that people would have to overcome to adopt.
Where are all the unwanted children going to go that can't be placed because some bigot thinks only they know who/what a fit parent is?!
PPPFFTT!!
 triblata
Msg: 2419
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 2:40:38 PM

If it goes to the Texas supreme court, it's likely to be upheld, leading to the ultimate showdown, a supreme court hearing, if they agree to hear it.

If it is in violation of the US Constitution, which it likely is, it doesn't have to go to the US Supreme Court...a Federal District Judge could stay the legislation him/her self...which is likely what will happen and quickly. and a Texas State court will not overrule a Federal Court's ruling on the Federal Constitution. It has no authority to do so at any rate. Clearly they can not discriminate against "interfaith" couples. That's patently clear. So nothing clearly in violation of the US Constitution or Federal Civil Rights anti-discrimination laws will stand.

Also, no way they can discriminate based on their own religious objections... patently unconstitutional.

So what we have is a right trash Texas Legislature and a Right Trash governor pandering to the electorate....likely KNOWING that the Feds will rule against them.... but still they look good to their rightest constituents.

And you know... the leftists are very much to blame for this...lots of the movement to the right is a backlash to the movement to the left. If leftists were not so unreasonable and so shrill....none of this would happen...
 forumslady
Msg: 2420
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 3:12:09 PM
triblata- If we are lucky, you are right and the challenge will end the first time around and the law will be struck down without further need of appeals.
The thing is, it should never have happened to begin with.
Unconstitutional laws are going to be challenged.
It's a waste of taxpayer money to have there be a need to repeal what is, clearly, unconstitutional to begin with.
The Constitution was never meant to be taken lightly, and/or used in such a way by people with an agenda.
 gtomustang
Msg: 2421
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 3:20:44 PM
1)Vlad, I was making the same "What's he thinking" commentary.

2)"If people believe certain people are justified in this payback...they should not be allowed in"

>>>and in order to enforce that, requires strong acts that in turn, causes more need for payback. sometimes ya gotta stop feeding the beast.

3)I spent the morning in the hospital with an infection, so perhaps I missed it, has chump tweeted anything insulting about the London mayor over this event yet?

4) that was a nice job done by the iman, thanks Vlad for pointing out the good things done by Londoners of all stripes during events like these.

see, D, that's why we let "Them" in. They aren't all terrorists.
 chameleonf
Msg: 2422
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 3:38:23 PM

see, D, that's why we let "Them" in. They aren't all terrorists.

pffft...she'll only respond with:
And now, for the soft sell
and the Imam would probably be faking it to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.
 Kj521
Msg: 2423
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 3:42:46 PM
Msg.2429......

"Officials: 17-year-old Muslim girl assaulted and killed after leaving Virginia mosque"

Here's an update for your above posted article, Frank.

"ICE Places Detainer On Salvadoran Immigrant Who Murdered Muslim Teen"

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/19/authorities-refuse-to-disclose-immigration-status-of-el-salvadoran-immigrant-who-murdered-muslim-teen/
 forumslady
Msg: 2424
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 4:35:10 PM
Kj521- I read 3 articles that carried this story. ^^^^^
I also read the article you provided.
In the other 3 articles, I found NO mention the murderer was an illegal Immigrant.
The only one that stated that was YOUR source, The Daily Caller.
This lead me to research The Daily Caller, itself, and I found this...............

"Daily Caller
right05RIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy"

Kj, for God's sake, learn to look for things that don't lean towards a clear bias you hold.
I use news sources that post articles from several other sources.
I fact check so I know I'm not guilty of confirmation bias.

Please, let's be real about this.
The young man who murdered this girl did this because of road rage.
All of the articles agreed on that.
Please don't use this as a way to further your agenda when it comes to illegals.
That had nothing to do with what happened and for you to use it in that way is reprehensible.
We are both mother's, this girl was only 17 and she's gone.
Her life is over before it even started and it was because of lack of anger control, not his immigration status. :(
 Kj521
Msg: 2425
Muslim in America
Posted: 6/19/2017 5:04:27 PM
"The Latest: Police: Muslim teen died of blunt force trauma"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/latest-virginia-police-explain-lack-hate-crime-probe-48137495

"Immigration officials have lodged a detainer on a man accused of killing a Muslim girl who was walking with friends to her mosque between Ramadan prayers.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said in a statement on Monday that 22-year-old Darwin Martinez Torres of El Salvador has had no prior encounters with ICE.

Police have charged Martinez Torres with murder in the death of 17-year-old Nabra Hassanen.

Detainers are lodged on people arrested on criminal charges who are believed to have either entered the country illegally or violated the terms of their legal status.

An ICE spokeswoman declined to provide further details about Martinez Torres' immigration status."

***Also, crime appears to be prompted by "road rage"....not a hate crime based upon either religion or race.

Time to ban cars, too. :/

———
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslim in America