Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > The Older the Guy The More they Are Jerks or is it Me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 26
The Older the Guy The More they Are Jerks or is it Me?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
^ You mustn't yell, Hon. It's not ladylike.
 2ufo2
Msg: 27
The Older the Guy The More they Are Jerks or is it Me?
Posted: 11/29/2016 5:49:16 PM
^
You don't suppose that's the reason people think what they think?

"So THERE."... is that supposed to put us in our places? Make us think we're wrong?

For the record, I never said you look like a man. I merely said you had a strong jawline way back in some other thread and you took offense at my words. I got a reply with CAPITALIZED anger. You have a strong jawline... you have a strong jawline... you have a strong jawline. How many capitalized words will I get now, I wonder?

Anyway, in 30 years (when you're still a semi/technical virgin living at home), you'll be happy with that strong jawline because you'll have less 'sagging hog jowls'.

No, I don't think you'll be any happier then than now, but at least you'll have a nicely defined throat.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/29/2016 6:01:11 PM
When I was a young teenager, my mother said to me, "Whatsamattababy!" - She didn't actually call me that - "Boys don't like girls who talk loudly!" I said "The boys like me just fine." That was evidently not the response she was looking for.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/29/2016 6:24:53 PM
or is it Me?

You need to ask?

Age and gender has nothing to do with a person being a jerk.

Prescription refill overdue?
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2016 6:35:57 PM
So THERE. she say's

Okey okkie,,, suppose ya told us. At this rate you will DIE a fricking virgin.
 basilisk123
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2016 6:39:06 PM
Nat, please calm down. We all have something we hate about ourselves. I have my feet. I swear I have the ugliest feet of anyone. I need surgery to fix them, but I can't afford the co-pay. I am very sensitive about them so I constantly tried to hide my feet, even in the bedroom. It is as awkward as it sounds.
I also got a low brow. I hate it because it makes me constantly look really pissed off. It is kind of hard to approach women when they don't know if you are going to talk to them or punch them in the kisser. I have to consciously raise it when I am talking otherwise I look angry. You can even point to the fact I don't smile in photos. I don't because half the time I look like a dork, and the other half a serial killer. I even get told I laugh like a rapist, from multiple people!
We all got things we don't like about ourselves, so why are you torturing yourself about something you can't change.
Here I will say it. YOU ARE PRETTY! If you had some self confidence and worked to release yourself from your hang up, I would even have liked to get to know you and maybe ask you out. So calm down and relax, you are waay too young to focus on something so insignificant of what some asshats who don't know you think.
 matthew832016
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/30/2016 2:43:38 AM

"That's not you. Is your real name Nate or something? Is this a joke?"

You look great; however, understand that men (and women) are exposed to cat fishing, false profiles, and other scams found in the online dating world. I do not excuse him not giving you the benefit of the doubt, and believe that he could have given you the benefit of the doubt.

He had then said " I may be a jerk at times but I'm not a dirt bag so you don't have to prove anything. [B]Those pics aren't the same person.[/B] And if I'm gonna have to be a jerk please don't make me feel like an ***hole. Sorry I wasted your time."

He seems to be speaking in tremors or echoes of past experiences. In the past, he has been observed as a dirt bag, non-trusting of others, and is indecisive in whether he wants to open up. From my perspective, the man is too weak to waste your time with. A 39-year-old Zeta Zeta Zeta-class Male who is completely withering away. Send him a box of kittens.

Hearing this from a 39 year old man hurt,

Why allow a 39-year-old man to influence how you feel when he is insecure to begin with.

I thought maybe as old as he was he would be mature and respectful but nope.

Age doesn't define the maturity of a man or a woman. At work, I often see mature 21-year-old individuals who outclass people three decades older than themselves.

As far as me and my looks and my photos, I don't know what to do, but every time I talk to someone new, the guy always has to go and say how I look like a man.

As a suggestion (meant to be non-harmful), ask those men which pictures present that viewpoint, then avoid taking those pictures and placing them on your profile.

I just want it to stop but it keeps happening. I really don't know what to do here. :(

We all want the hell of the dating world to subside; however, we forget that online dating is no different than walking into a prison and choosing the right kind of felon a person would want for a roommate.
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/1/2016 12:54:42 AM
Why not change your name to Nastaly?

Fits you.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/2/2016 8:29:43 AM
""Good! Because these guys are just not worth your time""

When a women reject a man, men suck it up.
When a men rejects a woman, men have to be sympathetic.
Oh please, Suck it up and move on.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/2/2016 8:48:56 AM
6jellybeans wrote :

"By the way some of the transgenders I know are absolutely stunning so it should really be a compliment "

Somehow I doubt jellybeans says things like :

" Wow mom , I love that new dress on you - you look as good as a transgender ! "
 PennyAnte
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2016 7:28:22 PM
I think you have more masculine features than feminine. You do look like a man. The photos with the snap chat filters make you look more manly. I'm being honest with you. You are not dainty or delicate looking like most women.

Get some help. Look on Youtube for make up tutorials. Go to a department store make up counter and talk to the woman there about how to enhance your features to look more feminine. They want to sell product so they will help you for free.. or spend some money and go to a make up artist and buy the right products, learn how to apply them. Find a stylist for your hair and clothes... and not cosplay costumes.

Get some professional pictures taken and use them for your date sites. A photographer will know how to pose you and position the lighting so you do not look so masculine. Your main photo now makes you look like you have an Adam's apple.

Some women who are androgynous are absolutely gorgeous. You Nataly are androgynous but you will never be gorgeous with that attitude.
Beauty comes from within more so than what you look like on the outside. Nataly you are and have been here acting disturbed, anxious, angry, stubborn, nasty, mean, and abusive to some people that try to help you. You are obnoxious.. and that just makes you look like an ugly person, man or woman.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/7/2016 8:40:35 AM
Perhaps one day we'll live in a world where men will take being compared to a woman lookswise as a compliment and women will take being compared to a transgender as a compliment but I don't believe that day has arrived yet.

I guess that's what I call a realistic attitude
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/7/2016 7:48:59 PM

Don't you all get it. NO MATTER, I REPEAT, NO MATTER WHAT I DO. I am ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS TOLD I look like a man or asked if I am a transgender person.

If you read carefully over our posting histories you'll see that a number of us have complimented you. Including myself. You've been complimented on your tiny frame, your feminine physique, the flowers in your hair, your recent photos, your hair, your glasses, your clothes....... to name a few.

You are a very small, pretty, and petite lady so I think the camera is put too low and in doing so it makes your jaw line look more profound than it actually is. Try again with the lens above your eye-line.

I think you should work with that and show more photos that display that quality about yourself. I hope I didn't come off as a jerk. :/

Well you were a jerk, YOU ASS H0LE! You go and tell me I look more manly due to my jawline and that hurts but you sure don't give a crap!

Screw you alright, I will take photos the way I WANT TOO. END OF STORY. If no man accepts me for me they are all ***holes just like you!

Hang on hang on..........Natalie...you're a photographer so one would think you'd know about camera angles to achieve the best image no matter what the subject is; whether it be a frog, a flower, a mountain range or a person.

Where did this poster say you look manly? Please quote where he did so I can stand corrected. :)

Get some professional pictures taken and use them for your date sites. A photographer will know how to pose you and position the lighting so you do not look so masculine. Your main photo now makes you look like you have an Adam's apple.

PennyAnte......What's wrong with having an Adams apple? One cannot help the structure of our necks and throat. I have one as well because my neck is skinny. I also have a rather heavy jaw line, a larger than preferred nose and a deep husky voice. I got teased during my earlier years at school because of my voice and was often asked if I had balls.

I had a throat operation when I was 9 and consequently I was left with a "man's voice."

Anyway.....to the OP
Natalie...I do urge you to calm down a little and not be so aggressive. We listen to you so can you at least consider listening to us? You come here for help and we do our best to help you but it's rather difficult to keep trying to help when we're shut down all the time. We don't know how to get through to you.

I wish you all the best.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 39
view profile
History
There is a jerk in this thread and we know who it is.
Posted: 12/7/2016 7:58:35 PM
yeah...older guys have been around the block a few times, so their egos aren't riding so much on being liked by every women they talk to...

....so they lose the inner voice and just spit out EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE THINKING. May not be smart, but again, these men have already LIVED and had tons of fun, so they don't worry about offending a few people. They don't feel the need to weave and bobble and dodge around everyone's feelings.

The deal is that they are NOT mad at you, nor are they trying to MAKE you mad. They are just being lazy and careless in their advanced age and enjoying that fact that they don't have to give a damn. It's NOT about YOU.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2016 9:47:30 AM
Nancy.. My bad. I did not know women could have Adam's Apples. Guess what I am going to Google now? Sorry Nat.
 DiorCH
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/2/2017 9:06:43 AM
I'm surprised you haven't learned tge fact that some people are jerk ass has nothing to do with their age and educational degree. A lot of times guys said to me "I'm well educated,I have a master degree....." guess what? It's mostly these so called "well-educated" guys are more bigger worse ***hole because they have a master degree majored in asshology.
 basilisk123
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2017 2:34:37 PM
I think she is long gone, or went underground for awhile.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2017 5:21:12 AM
^^^ Aaaw; what's the matter? No-one will tell you what her new one is? Maybe she'll tell you herself one day. I understand she's a little tied up at the moment.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2017 2:34:19 PM
whatsamattababy

The older guys cant put out, that is the problem lol!

Most people work on their issues in life if they are real about themselves and in my experience can change a lot and mature. Some jerks are born that way and remain that, I just avoid them.
 Perspektiv
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/20/2017 11:55:43 AM
Maturity and age, are two very different things. Just saying.
 matthew832016
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/22/2017 12:57:19 AM
As I descend into my mid-thirties in June, I come to the following facts about getting older:

1) I can retire in 20 years if I skip marriage and kids.
2) I can retire in 20 years if I skip marriage and kids.
3) I can retire in 20 years if I skip marriage and kids.

We aren't ***holes due to older age. We're just more fiscally conservative.
 RefinedRibbon
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2017 1:39:26 PM
You think that a man being older he would come with manners. In the 50s in College men where required to be taught to be a gentlemen. Manners are a must a Guy should be firm women are sensitive creatures we try are best to freshen up we got it more hard then them beauty is a pain. But know one should be rude to you making a video for them or get a piece of paper write your username on the paper and send it with the date so he knows. I know I have light skin some lighting looks yellow so I have to change the wind-light on the camera on my phone. A really good app for wind light to get your real looks I use photowonder so shows me reral features in the light.
 ready4u182
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/9/2017 3:33:55 AM
Is pof, what were you expecting?
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/9/2017 7:59:46 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ OH you have noooo idea what the OP was expecting! All this, that and then some!
 Dinno76
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/14/2017 5:02:52 PM
They are not jerks it is just you.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > The Older the Guy The More they Are Jerks or is it Me?