Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Yes, there is Life after Death...the Soul is eternal      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tablata
Msg: 101
Yes, there is Life after Death...the Soul is eternalPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
The spiritual world, if it exists, is part of the natural world, but a part of the natural world we don't understand. There is no supernatural world.
 hakkata
Msg: 102
Yes, there is Life after Death...the Soul is eternal
Posted: 8/20/2017 1:44:04 PM
https://www.peacequarters.com/scientists-found-soul-doesnt-die-goes-back-universe/

According to two leading scientists, the human brain is in fact a ‘biological computer’ and the consciousness of humans is a program run by the quantum computer located inside the brain that even continues to exist after we die.

As experts explain it; “after people die, their soul comes back to the universe, and it does not die.”

The debate about the existence of the soul and whether it is immortal or dies with the person is an endless story that for centuries has occupied the time of the great thinkers of universal history. Its mysterious nature continues to fascinate different areas of science, but now a group of researchers has discovered a new truth about it: the “soul” does not die; it returns to the universe.

Since 1996, Dr. Stuart Hameroff, an American Physicist and Emeritus in the Department of Anesthesiology and Psychology, and Sir Roger Penrose, a mathematical physicist at Oxford University, have worked in a Quantum Theory of Consciousness in which they state that the soul is maintained in micro-tubules of the brain cells.

Their provocative theory states that the human soul is be contained by the brain cells in structures inside them called micro-tubules.

The two researchers believe the human brain is in fact a biological computer and the consciousness of humans is a program run by the quantum computer located inside the brain that even continues to exist after we die.

Furthermore, both scientists argue that what humans perceive as ‘consciousness’ is in fact the result of quantum gravity effects located within the so-called micro-tubules.

This process is named by the two scientists “Orchestrated Objective Reduction – (Orch-OR)“.

The theory indicates that when people enter a phase known as ‘clinical death,’ the microtubules located in the brain lose their quantum state but maintain the information contained within them. In other words – as experts explain it after people die, their soul returns to the universe, and it does not die’.

Speaking to the Science Channel’s Through the Wormhole documentary, Dr. Hameroff said:

“Let’s say the heart stops beating, the blood stops flowing; the micro-tubules lose their quantum state. The quantum information within the micro-tubules is not destroyed, it can’t be destroyed, and it just distributes and dissipates to the universe at large. If the patient is resuscitated, revived, this quantum information can go back into the micro-tubules and the patient says ‘I had a near-death experience.’ If they’re not revived, and the patient dies, it’s possible that this quantum information can exist outside the body, perhaps indefinitely, as a soul.”

According to this theory, the human souls are more than just ‘interactions’ of neurons in our brain and could have been present since the beginning of time.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/21/2017 1:31:50 PM
^^^^^ Are you the original poster? This theory has already been covered in previous posts.

Do you want to reopen the same discussion?
 hakkata
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/21/2017 2:01:09 PM
Well yea....babbling lolahole interfered, so I will ignore him on this thread. I think this stuff very interesting....and I thought the above post did a good, succinct job of discussing the issues.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/21/2017 2:40:33 PM
I'm in agreement with the opinion in message 105 that this "energy" still exists in the universe somewhere, but we don't yet understand the science behind it.
 teekata
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/21/2017 4:46:35 PM
^^^^we are far from understanding the science
..we may never get there.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2017 1:04:52 PM
I came back to the thread as I have recently been reading this book. "Proof of Heaven a neurosurgeons journey into the afterlife "
I am amazed at the similarities in my near death experience and what this mane describes. I got it on audio. by Eben Alexander MD.

http://ebenalexander.com/books/proof-of-heaven/
 LOLTrump
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/25/2017 7:14:16 AM

I am amazed at the similarities in my near death experience and what this mane describes.

In related news.

If you understood was happens in your brain when you die, you would be amazed that someone who is an MD is pushing such junk science.

The 'Proof of Heaven' Author Has Now Been Thoroughly Debunked by Science
A new Esquire feature pokes large holes in Eben Alexander's book about a coma that included a trip to heaven, bringing into question the author's qualification as a neurosurgeon (which is supposed to legitimize his claim) and the accuracy of his best-selling journey.

A book called Proof of Heaven is bound to provoke eye rolls, but its author, Eben Alexander, had space in a Newsweek story and on shows like of Fox & Friends to detail his claims. Read into those endorsements — and nearly 15 million 2 million copies sold — whatever you will, but in a big new Esquire feature, Luke Dittrich pokes large holes in Alexander's story, bringing into question the author's qualification as a neurosurgeon (which is supposed to legitimize his claim) and the accuracy of his best-selling journey.

In his book, Alexander claims that when he was in a coma caused by E. coli bacterial meningitis, he went to heaven. Of course, Dittrich's piece is not the first time that Alexander's text has come into question. In April, Michael Shermer at Scientific American explained how the author's "evidence is proof of hallucination, not heaven." But Dittrich calls into question not what Alexander experienced so much how he did. While Dittrich looks at legal troubles Alexander had during his time practicing neurosurgery, perhaps the most damning piece of testimony comes from a doctor who was on duty in the ER when Alexander arrived in 2008. Dr. Laura Potter explains that she "had to make the decision to just place him in a chemically induced coma." But that's not how Alexander tells it, according to the Esquire investigation:

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/07/proof-heaven-author-debunked/313681/

Neurosurgeon Dr. Eben Alexander MD – An unlikely proof of heaven
December 2, 2013 cyrilbutler

...It is not impossible that a medical doctor or other scientific professional could harbour such far-fetched abjectly unscientific positions. In the course of my own career I have met with views from both doctors and scientists whom I have the utmost professional respect for, which quite frankly would make one wonder how such divergent personas could even exist. Take for example the case of Ayman al-Zawahiri, now leader of Al Qaeda, following the death of Osama bin laden. He graduated with a masters degree in surgery and after working as an army doctor subsequently established his own clinic in the town of Maadi. Needless to say the concept of Islamic Jihad will not be appearing as an article in a prestigious scientific publication anytime soon. While a neurosurgeon profiting from claims that are patently unscientific but dressed up in the language of science should rightly be treated with suspicion, this does not amount to absolute proof of deliberate deception.

https://atheistworldview.com/2013/12/02/neurosurgeon-dr-eben-alexander-md-an-unlikely-proof-of-heaven/
 teekata
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/25/2017 8:52:47 AM
Yea, except many of the hallucinations are remarkably similar...which is what she said.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/25/2017 9:03:34 AM
One of the most intriguing things I heard an NDEer say is that going to the " other side " was like " waking up " from life the way you wake up from sleep.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/25/2017 10:44:11 AM

Yea, except many of the hallucinations are remarkably similar...which is what she said.

The fact that seem similar means nothing, nor does it change the fact that there is no such thing as heaven or invisble people in the sky.

It proves that someone is making stuff up for the purpose of selling books and giving people false hope and false information.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the most intriguing things I heard an NDEer say is that going to the " other side " was like " waking up " from life the way you wake up from sleep.

Which is because you are literally dreaming.
 teekata
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/25/2017 11:14:50 AM
I would guess the author is a charlatan, but you are claiming, with no evidence, that similar hallucinations are meaningless...a nonsensical statement on your end...but true to form
 LOLTrump
Msg: 113
Nope, there is not Life after Death...the Soul is a made up idea
Posted: 8/25/2017 12:33:40 PM

I would guess the author is a charlatan, but you are claiming, with no evidence, that similar hallucinations are meaningless...a nonsensical statement on your end...but true to form

Well irony aside, the fact that you need everything biological explained to you should be a clear indication that you really have no understanding how the body works.

But hey if you want to believe some voodoo mumbo jumbo have at it, though you should know attempting to insult people because you have failed to understand how the brain works will make you look rather stupid.
 teekata
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/25/2017 2:24:17 PM

Well irony aside, the fact that you need everything biological explained to you should be a clear indication that you really have no understanding how the body works.

Really .... show me the science explaining why so many have vividly similar almost identical experiences with NDE....and you seem to imply that you know more than me about how the body works. Based on your lack of a high IQ...I'm pretty sure you are not a biologist or a physiologist or even a medical doctor.....so on what do you base your implication that you know more than me? I would bet not only am I far more read than you are in this arena, but that I retain and understand far more than you.

But hey if you want to believe some voodoo mumbo jumbo have at it, though you should know attempting to insult people because you have failed to understand how the brain works will make you look rather stupid.

voodoo mumbo jumbo? Is that what you call anything we do not understand? Nonsensical on your end, but what else is new?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 115
Posted: 8/25/2017 3:18:06 PM
^^^^

Congrats , you finally defeated Loltrump !
 Mr_J_Cash
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/26/2017 1:00:09 AM
I told Frank it was long over due for him to take a time out and he never replied to me.

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16650498.aspx

I'm sure you remember a particularly viscous troll war/delete-fest in 2015 where he tried to take me (and a former moderator) on and lost. His HFXrgb2, or whatever he was calling himself then, was deleted a few days before mine was nuked.

Not saying I alone nuked him but a few tricks that I am sure he also uses to nuke people I used on him today. I tried to warn him to take a time out but he just cannot help himself and kept on posting in his Frankishness. So, I did what I could to help him take that time out.

He'll be right back though. He cannot help himself.
 DDSearle
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/26/2017 2:40:50 AM
The_underscore_is_just_for_bores, Mr_Trash
Now where's your photograph? I'm surprised that anyone would be allowed to make use of the facilities here in anonymity. I take it that yours would frighten the girls away. Or would it in your case, just scare-off the boys?
 teekata
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/26/2017 7:18:11 AM
Butter I beat Frank anytime I post to him. Mr Cash hastened his demise though. So sad. :-)
 Inicia
Msg: 119
Posted: 8/30/2017 10:18:15 AM
regardless of similar experiences, due to chemical responses in brain, NDE tells nothing of after complete death. Some people claim to talk to dead and claim responses, or being possessed by a dead person for unsolved business etc, supposedly proving dead spirits or souls exist., the recently popular, "paranormal" surge in entertainment. In my youth very young like7-10 played with seances and ouija boards, had interesting salient experiences.

Until someone literally dies- buried or burned etc-a possibility of "resurrection" is possible- quite frankly those NDE were special and a gift for selves. Many things happen in everyone's lives that, give new, confirming, opposing ideas: for personal utilization. I know a person that had 5 NDE on medical slab, no clue of experience was present in their behavior. Yet believed the experiences imbued extrodinary human qualities in them, probably should have kept experience to self. My response "yeah you got something to learn, and you don't". maybe it instilled ego mania and selfishness. may have been great realization for them. Grab whatever you can of the material world for self with as little expended effort as possible.

Sharing experiences with others can reduce the enlightenment found in experience- opposing viewpoints are often degrading and dehumanizing- excluding person from "respected" discourse. It is a calculated risk to share with unperceptive arenas. Poetry is often a non-threatning way to share spiritual ideas. Science and Philo communities- not so much- even the mere mention of soul or spirit or any religious mythology, becomes "super natural' wacko in midst. Lol. If you propose such theories be aware, said communities have the war-heads to "rationally" and "logically" negate inconsistent spiritual ideology.
I accept "super-natural" for self and in like- allow and respect others their beliefs, regardless how divergent these beliefs are from own.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2017 9:17:43 AM

So has anyone given the spiritual word a thought?

What I mean is the things that are arguably going on in it right now.

What exactly do you mean by 'the spiritual word'?

Can you give a complete definition of what this is, a definition that would be supported by thousands of others who might use this concept.

Because I haven't a clue what you might mean.
 Inicia
Msg: 121
Posted: 9/1/2017 9:49:51 AM
His perception of spiritual- need not be supported by anyone- however- his clear understanding of such would definitely provide fodder for beginning such discussion. I was unclear also, yet found interest in such...
 poppata
Msg: 122
Posted: 9/1/2017 12:59:08 PM

What exactly do you mean by 'the spiritual word'?

Can you give a complete definition of what this is, a definition that would be supported by thousands of others who might use this concept.

Because I haven't a clue what you might mean

Sure the Spiritual world is referred to as the Supernatural World. Only supernatural world is a misnomer. There is one World.. the natural world. . . that part we understand and that we don't..which we refer to as the supernatural world. . . where anything goes... including "spirits".
 Inicia
Msg: 123
Posted: 9/2/2017 8:04:21 AM
being said so clearly lol poppata,
my spirit is really being challenged by the current state of political climate, and world affairs. Unfortunately it is the natural world- but currently totally supernatural for me...piecing it together with any sensibilities for understanding- wow!!! Apparently, anything does go and can be accepted with out any logical support..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRb88V8L8us
 Coma_White
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2017 1:50:15 AM

Sure the Spiritual world is referred to as the Supernatural World. Only supernatural world is a misnomer. There is one World.. the natural world. . . that part we understand and that we don't..which we refer to as the supernatural world. . . where anything goes... including "spirits".

Which part don't we understand? Do you mean fictional things like leprechauns?
 gingerosity
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2017 3:56:00 AM
If there is no Derek, then gravity somehow does not obey an inverse square law when rotating galaxies. That is such a contradiction of all the other tests of gravity we've done that being in a big steaming pile of Derek seems to be the more likely explanation. Hopefully we will find out soon, one way or the other!
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Yes, there is Life after Death...the Soul is eternal