Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > REJECTED!!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PennyAnte
Msg: 26
view profile
History
REJECTED!!!Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'm guessing the church lady sent that to you. She hacked into his pof account . She was probably feeling threatened by you after her two week "relationship" with him. You know you have to keep track of a man after you have tied down. They are not like dildos that you can easily hide under the mattress.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 27
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/21/2016 9:54:51 AM

We collect younger women

I doubt it.
 Walts
Msg: 28
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/21/2016 10:24:55 AM

Please not another older dude thinks he still can stay in the game :)

Ahhhhh come on now, you gotta lets us play. :(

We know we aren't gonna win but, at least let us have a little fun before they start throwing dirt on us.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 29
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/21/2016 11:03:00 AM
Walts -not such a fine line between being a " young turk" and then poof dirty old man :)
Saw an old guy ogling a young server.. he was doing everything but licking his lips. She rolled her eyes at me as she passes.
I mean, there is this insanely hot young guy works at a store I HAVE to go to but I avoid saying things like "so you like older broads??" And giggling like a school girl when he says
" will that be all?"
*giggles*
PS store is swarmed with women buying a box of breadsticks. Weekly
 rearguard*2
Msg: 30
view profile
History
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/21/2016 12:23:12 PM
So, a while back I was chatting casually with a woman when she asks for my pic. Well, I sent one. Immediately she replies don't contact me again, and deletes all the communications we had already rung up. Never said why.

I wasn't really devastated, just amazed. My pic wasn't that bad....
 Ouija2025
Msg: 31
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/21/2016 1:05:11 PM
well you need to have the picture up on your profile so we can decide :)
Shrug - who knows? ( well but her) perhaps you said something.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 32
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/21/2016 1:13:30 PM
I used to keep my profile up but my pictures hidden. It was awkward, because then after talking to somebody I'd send them a picture and didn't know if they found me hideous kinky; if my picture had been up they wouldn't have messaged me if they thought that... But the response mentioned above was pretty funny. Ouch.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 33
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/21/2016 1:41:48 PM

Did I not make it clear enough I was not interested?

Message me his username, and I'll tell him to leave you alone.
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 34
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/21/2016 7:05:59 PM
wiping my eyes from some of these...;)

though my daughter seriously told me a couple years ago after one particular relationship I finally bailed ( that both she and I asked wtfwit?) she seriously tried to have me go lesbian just to get the taste out of my mouth ( no that was not meant literally i.e. on the spit conversation)

I politely declined but she was pushing it pretty hard lol. she was pretty funny about it.

OP i hope you can survive the trauma of your rejection .., how magnanimous they were to let you down so kindly after your previous thanks but no thanks ..,
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 35
view profile
History
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/21/2016 11:03:22 PM

Seriously, if I didn't want to hear from anyone again, I'd just block.
Did I not make it clear enough I was not interested?

You made it clear that you're Only not interested because you're too far away... implying, if you weren't, maybe there'd be a possibility.

What he did was clever, though -- for his own self-esteem. Gotta give him credit - lol.

My guess is that he went to the handful who sent him rejection messages or disappeared after some exchanges -- and cut-n-pasted that message once he Finally had a great date. I think it's cute. I wouldn't get bent out of shape about it if a gal sent that to me 2 weeks later. It's to make herself feel good... hey, whatever floats your boat.

Of course, I guess there is a chance he sent it to the wrong person, or cut-n-pasted it to every gal in his inbox that he's blown off -- and sloppily sent it ones where it wasn't so fitting (like yours). Who knows. :)

I once played that game with a gal before IRL. The timing of one of them was great, and she was Very convinced that I was convinced that I was rejecting HER instead. Oh no! She was having none of that! lol Some people will get fumed about it for some reason.
 IgottaName
Msg: 36
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/22/2016 2:56:56 AM
Gee Whiz! You crazy old cat ladies of sense of humor...
And I'm the first to admit I'm just a dirty old man! Ask any of my daughters' friends. And they laugh along and let me get away with flirting ( and they flirt right back!) and saying all kinds of dirty sh1t. Why? Because the view me as harmless, they know I am, and they think I'm just a cute dirty old man! It's a handle I've earned and wear proudly
 zonavar68
Msg: 37
view profile
History
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/22/2016 2:15:54 PM
Fremenies are everywhere, especially on dating sites.

They'll 'try out' multiple people then drop the ones they are least interested in.

It's not even 'friendzoning'.

I get so few replies that I've never been in the lucky position to have more than one person to consider at the same time, but I suppose that to a tiny percentage it can (and does) actually happen.

But block/delete seems like the appropriate action when it's clear you've been 'used' until 'something better' comes along. Basically just a 'romantic filler'.

Feel sorry for you - it's gotta suck and make you feel awful... Hopefully it makes you a stronger, more resiliant person.
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 38
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/22/2016 2:58:41 PM
Thanks ... yeah, I'm in grief counseling.
And I have a couple of "Therapy Llamas."
My shrink recommends taking them with me on a vacation to the Bahamas.
 IgottaName
Msg: 39
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/22/2016 11:10:11 PM
Llama: It's the new Cat!
 rearguard*2
Msg: 40
view profile
History
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/23/2016 7:29:16 AM
Oh dear! It appears that POF has implemented XSS cross site scripting on the login page! Big borther is watching.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 41
view profile
History
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/23/2016 5:00:28 PM
I can vouch for rearguard*2 - he sent me his picture many moons ago! ;-)
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 42
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/23/2016 5:54:31 PM
^ He sent me pics too, but they weren't of his face :S
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 43
view profile
History
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/23/2016 7:28:16 PM
having too many cats is seen as weird but not so much dogs... Go figure....
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 44
view profile
History
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/23/2016 7:29:52 PM
If I had a property I would have some llamas, they are adorable and you can sell their wool. Cats?? not so much.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 45
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/23/2016 10:25:03 PM
I prefer cats. Llamas are nasty, and they spit on people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwqT2pS8W4c
 Ouija2025
Msg: 46
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/24/2016 5:28:47 AM
^^^ sounds like a Llama is my spirit animal.
I will get one, name it Lloyd
 rearguard*2
Msg: 47
view profile
History
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/24/2016 7:16:33 AM

He sent me pics too, but they weren't of his face :

That is a complete boldface lie, Baby. Makes me what kind of a wierdo you actually are. I have never been in contact with you in any way.
 Walts
Msg: 48
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/24/2016 7:30:39 AM

That is a complete boldface lie

Get with the program rear.

That's what we do here.

I don't think you've been paying attention very well.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 49
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/24/2016 7:51:16 AM
Sorry 'bout that. I was joking. But for what it's worth, I'm the very weirdest sort of weirdo.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 50
view profile
History
REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/24/2016 8:13:03 AM

I don't think you've been paying attention very well.

Well, I do realize there is a lot of not quite kosher stuff that goes on on this and other sites, but Baby's comment implies I am some kind of pervert and wierdo, which will undoubtedly tarnish my otherwise good reputation, probably irretrievably. There are quite a few people who have known me over the years, and none of them would have reason to utter a slur like that.

Lies about age, weight, height, education, location, interest, and phony pictures only hurt the people who engage in such stuff. Slandering someone else is entirely at another level. Anyone who would do such a thing should really be blacklisted from the site, IMO.

At the very least, it shows that they are really and truly unconscionable liars and deserve no respect.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > REJECTED!!!