Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > The greatest age to be single.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 26
view profile
History
The greatest age to be single.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Any age is a good age when you're happy, healthy, and feeling good.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 27
view profile
History
The greatest age to be single.
Posted: 3/6/2017 6:53:12 PM
I know! The day after we croak. We won't worry about it anymore.
 BriningIt
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2017 6:47:30 PM
Everyone has their timeline, dreams and plans. I had none of the above but it worked for me. My twenties were playtime for me and my GF. We did it all kidless. We did Vegas, snow skiing, Mt. Rushmore, New York, Cali, Florida, snowmobiling in Wisconsin...you name it! She got pregnant when I was 30. I am 52 now (divorced), kids are grown and I feel free again!
 Nestaron
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/12/2017 1:19:13 PM
For me it's now at 43 as I am back to where I was before I children. My kids are grown and taking care of themselves so now it's time for me to get back out there. If a woman is inclined to be part of what I have planned or wants me involved in what she has planned great lets' do it.
 GoodLord1
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/31/2017 11:40:18 AM
for me it was 21 to 27 in Youngstown, Ohio, circa 1973 to 1979.

I loved all the dance clubs and activities that were available to me there and I had put 3 years in the steel mill and had union money in my pocket.
I had a home of my own and a 500 HP Dodge Charger and we had street races.

now I feel this time RIGHT NOW rivals that younger time period. i'm retired, I've had lifetime free healthcare benefits and i'm healthy. my work in life is finished, my investments panned out and I have a beautiful car and a boat. i'm in Clearwater Florida between Tampa and St. Petersburg where there is plenty of action and nice weather.

I am blessed. Thank You God.
 DarkjujuEmpath
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/29/2017 9:02:27 AM
This is an excellent question. I would say between 30 and 40.
 Coma_White
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2017 11:47:51 AM

Yeah but some of us don't have a choice. We are single even if we don't want to be, just because it just so happens we are unwanted.

Ain't that the truth. Online dating is super lame for meeting people. You take time to tell people about yourself, ask them about their hobbies, etc, and they just reply "that's nice" or nothing at all. What's the point? I'm thinking networking in real life is a lot more effective and less frustrating than banging your head on the online wall non-stop.
 patchmanjoker
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2017 10:42:31 PM
^^^^^^^
I'm glad you have finally seen the light about OLD. In the past you sang a different tune. Welcome to the truth. Glad to see your honesty.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2017 6:24:01 PM

True, anyone "can" do anything but with sex you'd have to find a willing participant.

My point was that you Can find a willing participant. You have to embrace failure + not go in a one-direction-only path to do so. Also, you have to look at your own tastes in the opp-sex and not make them over-reaching, while improve your looks within reason (and/or fix bad habits/ways, if applicable). The "I'm me, accept me for who I am," while chasing gals (or guys) out of your league is high-schoolish. Look to always improve oneself is the best way. To be comfortable changing things up to some degree, all the time until you're "moving the chains" (football analogy).

If you're on the market, not all that successful with the opposite sex and not willing to pay to it, then you're probably not going to be having sex.

If one's not going to improve themselves, yeah they'll have little if they're going on "repeat" when not all that successful. However, if their market value isn't that bad IRL, at some point, they will "catch" something. But again, you have to not have any fear of failure online, and have very little IRL.

Some people don't find casual sex fulfilling anyway.

Well, it depends what to get it. I understand people not wanting to go out of their way, jumping thru a thousand hoops to, (huff, puff) get some casual sex at the end. Especially if they have to put on a different persona/act, etc. Yeah, I get that. That's not where casual sex is copyrighted, at all. One can have a casual (non-dating-but-not-purely-platonic) relationship with several women, and down the line, end up having sex if/when both are single. It doesn't have to be random nor one-nighters. But again, that takes "work" too, like dating -- but down that line, less frustrating, because you're just expanding your social network as the focal point.

And I'm not referring to "sex with anyone". Heck, it's not even about sexual intercourse. It's about getting at least "base hits" in the dating field in general. It becomes frustrating for some people where their motivation cuts out. And as pointed out above, online can be frustrating for many if they're putting too much emotional stock into it w/ expectations. It's a much more restricted game.

- Improve looks (exercise, good diet over month after month after month after month... after month; for yourself, not just for dating, too)
- After doing the above for a bit, expand the social scene. Don't aim to go for "date-or-bust".
- After doing that for a while, expanding social scene and reading about dating with patience and absorbtion -- then go for dates + don't fear failure IRL.
- Make sure your tastes are within reason.

You don't have to go for a gal who's LTR-worthy in looks, when you've been single & content with it for a long time, as that'd take a lot more. When you get successes in getting a #, flirtations, etc -- even among gals you're like "ehhh/so-so" about -- it boosts your POV about things. Opens things up. Changes your tastes about things overall.
 Inicia
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/5/2017 6:43:34 PM
norwegian are you the current dating self appointed motivational guru?.. lol are you really a celibate monk, cloistered on a mountain, trying to help all the hopeless romantically challenged to find some kind of connection?..
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2017 11:43:15 AM

My point was that you Can find a willing participant.

How come no one ever provides names and phone numbers when they make a statement like this?
 ohenryx
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2017 4:07:11 PM

My point was that you Can find a willing participant.

How come no one ever provides names and phone numbers when they make a statement like this?

Because no one is going to do the work for you. Unless, of course, you pay them to do so. For men, that basically means looking for a prostitute. And they are not hard to find.

For women, in this modern world, we do have a flip side. It’s called a matchmaker, and can cost $10k and up. This is not to find sex (women don’t have to work at that), it is to find them a SO.

But seriously, if you want to be successful at dating, you are going to have to do the work, put in the effort. Norwegianguy456 spelled it out in his post, and you just skipped over the part you didn’t want to hear, and asked for the shortcut.
 spot4username
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2017 9:37:18 AM

Well if you are only talking about OLD and only talking about pump and dump that is easy. Just check out profiles. Some say it outright but others that are easy pickings are the liars.
Old photos
Filtered photos
Fake photos
Lie about age
Lie about weight
Lie about any stat that it is really stupid to lie about.

^^^ All those people already out themselves as dishonest and/or having low self-esteem. Make up your mind that you have no problem lowering your standards for who you sleep with and start messaging!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2017 12:09:50 PM

norwegian are you the current dating self appointed motivational guru?

More like someone going out of his way drawing it out as a how-to. :)

lol are you really a celibate monk, cloistered on a mountain

More like a guy in the midwest with a faux raccoon collection (see profile) -- who certainly is not a celibate monk. Celibate monks don't pick up frisky gals from POF and bring them to a drive-ins. Well, I take that back, as I can't say for sure. Maybe in Tibet they have POF and that's what they do, who knows. ;)

Because one can find the names & phone #s on Craigslist! :)
 Inicia
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/23/2017 7:09:46 AM
raccoons little thieving bandits, but cute as h#ll-your totem animal?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2017 11:55:47 AM

raccoons little thieving bandits, but cute as h#ll-your totem animal?

Totem animal? No. But when one dies, I end up stuffing them myself, out of my garage. I then place said self-made stuffed raccoon on a gal's porch at night, to show her my appreciation for our date. It's good to be creative and thoughtful in the dating circuit, right? :)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > The greatest age to be single.