Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is your prediction for next 4 years?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dragonbytes
Msg: 51
view profile
History
What is your prediction for Congress?Page 3 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)

"Nobody should be allowed to burn the American flag," Trump wrote on Twitter, "if they do, there must be consequences - perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!" "
Make's me wonder what happens to a USA citizen that loses his citizenship then becomes stateless? Does he still have to pay income tax? You certainly cannot deport that person anywhere, he was born in the USA.

In our entire US history, has a native born US citizen ever been made stateless?
 gtomustang
Msg: 52
What is your prediction for Congress?
Posted: 12/5/2016 7:48:21 AM
ND is frustrating--a bunch of white losers with guns take a park in Oregon that isn't their's, and get labeled patriots. Natives take over a spot that actually has something to do with them, get bit by dogs and hosed with cold water during freezing temps, and no one says HEY WTF? Not even those dumb patriots bother to show up with their rifles, and supposedly they support land rights? Bullshit. A perfect opportunity at legitimacy and they blew it. At least real patriots showed up, veterans. Maybe the oil pipeline can be re-routed thru white man land like it was primarily, since the company has such a great record on oil spills. What could possibly be the problem?

What happens to a citizen who is no longer a citizen? Hmm, if he doesn't pay taxes, apparently all militia groups should burn a flag. Then they don't have to argue in court they are tax free, the court can argue it for them. Has a native born US citizen ever been made stateless? I guess technically, if they were a citizen of the Confederate States of America, they were made literally stateless by its dissolution, that's how one becomes stateless. apparently even treasonous sorts like Phillip Agee remain citizens, likely so we have jurisdiction over them.
 Maleman999
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/5/2016 7:49:53 AM
"In our entire US history, has a native born US citizen ever been made stateless?"

Didn't Trump (and millions of white Americans) preach deporting Muslims, even if they had kids who born in the U.S? What's to become of those kids if their parents are rounded up by the American Gestapo and sent back to where they originated from?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2016 7:55:17 AM

Didn't Trump (and millions of white Americans) preach deporting Muslims, even if they had kids who born in the U.S? What's to become of those kids if their parents are rounded up by the American Gestapo and sent back to where they originated from?

You haven't been paying attention.

Whatever Trump says or tweets is garbage talk, less than worthless. You would be far more accurate to just believe the opposite of what Trump says is what he is going to do.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2016 8:11:14 AM

"In our entire US history, has a native born US citizen ever been made stateless?"

Are you brain dead also?

Stateless is when you are not recognized as a citizen of any country.

There is a legal process in the US where one can be denationalized, which might leave someone stateless. But those people immigrated to the USA from somewhere else and became denationalized citizens.

You can only deport someone to the country they were born in. I was born in Chicago, so I can be deported to the USA, no where else. (Who knows, maybe Congress will pass a law that American citizens can be deported to Gitmo? But right now, they can't do that).

You can voluntarily renounce your USA citizenship and make yourself stateless, but I have never heard of the US court being able to do that.

Which was what I was asking, has ANY US Citizen born in the USA ever been made stateless against their wishes to remain a US citizen? I don't think it has ever happened, and it might be against the USA constitution, but I don't know if that is true.
 2ufo2
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/5/2016 9:45:41 AM

Which was what I was asking, has ANY US Citizen born in the USA ever been made stateless against their wishes to remain a US citizen? I don't think it has ever happened, and it might be against the USA constitution, but I don't know if that is true.

I believe all combatants in the Confederate Army had their citizenship revoked though it was reinstated after a year or two with an oath of fealty. However, Robert E. Lee's oath was not found until sometime in my lifetime and he was granted his citizenship posthumously.

I don't know if that fits your criteria but it's the only one I can think of.

IF (and it's a big IF) Trump gets this into motion, I suspect the minor children could be deported with their parents or the parents would ask someone legally in the USA to care for their child/adopt their child. However, neither parent nor child would be 'stateless'.
 Maleman999
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/5/2016 10:20:13 AM
^^^" However, neither parent nor child would be 'stateless'."

They could be, if the leaders of the country they escaped from says "I don't want them back, since they decided to abandon us, with many leaving illegally. We have enough problems looking after the people that are here as it is."
 2ufo2
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/5/2016 11:13:01 AM
^^^
I hadn't considered that because I wouldn't consider them 'stateless' - but, mea pecco, you are right and I am not.

The situation does exist, particularly with refugees... although one could argue that by leaving their country they are not adverse to giving up their citizenship because it comes at such a cost.
 daynadaze
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2016 11:45:04 AM
You are asking what a president would be allowed to do, Trump is thinking more along the lines of being a dictator, totally different set up.
 gtomustang
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/5/2016 3:56:22 PM
A friend was asking me hours ago, where the hell are the Trilateralists, the Bilderbergers, the men in the smoke filled rooms who supposedly steer everything in the world? Why aren't they reigning in this bull in the china shop (no pun intended this day as he lashes out thin skinned at China)? I pointed out they will be the more dangerous people, the ones who will steer Chump while the rest of us are distracted by his tweets. He will be their puppet, not b/c he wants to be, but b/c they know how to manipulate a narcissist. Of course, the fact he hires cabinet members who have no job experience (and can't outshine him as a result) doesn't hurt:

https://www.whatiscodependency.com/narcissism-trump-narcissists-grandiosity/

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/18/how-to-deal-with-a-narcissist-at-work-commentary.html

I know, people don't like to read articles, but really, you want to learn how to deal with a narcissist in power. Its tempting to think, "oh, he's just getting his feet under him. Once he knows how to do things, Chump will get better, watch." That's the wrong thing to think with a narcissist--the behavior you see, isn't from ignorance. The gaslighting lies? Its easy to dismiss that as just politician behavior and playing the cards close to the chest. The thin skinned ego that lashes out when challenged rather than worshipped. Relationships tossed aside in the needy pursuit of attention. But, Trumpets, you really want to read up on narcissistic behavior and how to work with it, or you're going to have the same relationship problems as the victims of narcissism do. You need to understand the whiplashes coming your way. One minute you're flattered like Pakistan, the next you're yesterday's news like Chris Christie. None of it is coincidental.

Don't rely on the media to explain it to you, as Les Moonves of CBS said "Donald Trump’s candidacy might not be making America great, CBS Chairman Les Moonves said Monday, but it’s great for his company. "It may not be good for America, but it's damn good for CBS," Moonves said at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference in San Francisco". Ironically, we have returned to the age of feudalism, when only the court jester told us the emperor had no clothes. We have to turn to Comedy Central again for the reality check, the confirmation we really are being gaslighted for someone else's profit.

oh, and don't worry about things like this in the next four years from those brainwashed by Chump's campaign:

http://globalnews.ca/news/3106312/fake-news-claiming-hillary-clinton-ran-child-sex-ring-led-to-pizza-shop-shooting-police/

the fact he can do that, is just somehow proof we're all free. As the gun nuts told you the last 20 times this happened, it can't happen, this is only an anomology, OK it did happen but it won't happen again.
 deetristate
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/6/2016 4:06:44 AM
So he is a dictator AND controlled by other hidden powers?

OK.

Insulting Trump supporters doesn't change that you did not vote for the winner. That is just life. No biggie. Let it go, let it gooooo

People who voted for Trump don't worry and invest their egos in that vote like leftists do in their votes and candidates.
So they can't be "victims of (Trump's) narcissism."

Seems that the classic narcissist on the scene is Stein.
While I can see why people liked Hillary, Stein's appeal is...well.... absent.

If current Trump supporters don't like what Trump does, they focus on the next set of elections to counter it ( Hint, hint)
 Walts
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/6/2016 5:55:59 AM

People who voted for Trump don't worry and invest their egos in that vote like leftists do in their votes and candidates.

We know.

I don't believe thinking was involved much either.

No worries though, it was only just one vote. Nothing to worry or fret about either way.
 gtomustang
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/6/2016 7:50:26 AM
"So he is a dictator AND controlled by other hidden powers?"

You didn't get the talking points. He's many things to many people.

"Insulting Trump supporters doesn't change that you did not vote for the winner"

Lyin' Ted. Crooked Hillary.

"People who voted for Trump don't worry and invest their egos in that vote"

Which is why they didn't have a historical "thank you" tour. If they had done that unprecedented thing, they might have done something like yell "lock her up" in front of a candidate who said he wasn't going to. That would be a crazy investment they made. And only a narcissist would actually do a thank you tour, b/c a candidate would be too busy trying to learn how to do the job.

and yeah, what is up with Stein? she lost me when she promised to get rid of racism during her 4 year term--its been 200 years in the making. But, hey, why should trump supporters worry about the recount? why should they invest their egos in it? They don't worry about those things, right? What they DO worry about is voter fraud. Apparently Stein claims she's looking for it, and that's why Trump and his supporters are glad she's looking for it. I can't imagine them ever blocking a fellow voter-frauder in their pursue of voter fraud, right?
 Whisky_River
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/6/2016 8:25:07 AM

He's many things to many people.

Yes......Never before has a president been elected, that has a serious mental issue. Who knew....so many people would connect to him...lol.
Keep justifying and turning a blind eye to all his clown moves.
Quit trying to make him into some genius leader.....he just is a nutbar...plain and simple.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2016 8:28:36 AM

Insulting Trump supporters doesn't change that you did not vote for the winner. That is just life. No biggie. Let it go, let it gooooo

I think the road map for Democrats is clear and Republicans have done this successfully the last 8 years.

Oppose Trump every day in every way they can, from protests in the street to blocking legislation / candidates to creating vast right wing conspiracy stories. The elections are only the end game, the never ending war has just changed from Republicans and Democrats switching sides, now Republicans want to sell the "all come together" story line.

BTW, it's possible Trump is a stealth liberal and will get opposed by both the left and the right. Hard to tell since it appears Trumps main goal is to replace Benjamin Franklin on the $100 bill, vastly enhancing Trump's brand. You have to know it has gone through his head that he can now get his name on US currency.
 gtomustang
Msg: 66
America, Land of the Fee
Posted: 12/6/2016 1:55:33 PM
Not a bad idea, taking a lesson from the GOP. Oppose Chump's moves until his supporters recognize his narcissm and join in. No need to create leftwing conspiracies, just report on the truth of what he's doing will be enough. But the Dems will also have to gerrymander, that helped the GOP a bit. Then Pence will have his shot at the Oval Office, and we'll have to rinse and repeat again. As for Chump on a dollar bill, it should be the $3 bill so we can all say, "phony as a 3 dollar bill".

Or maybe it should be the $1.75 bill, so we can say people hoped for change. Or maybe a coin the size of a quarter, like the last dollar coin, where people thought they had one thing in their hand and it turned out to be something else and they lost money as a result.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2016 2:41:29 PM

I think the road map for Democrats is clear and Republicans have done this successfully the last 8 years.

Oppose Trump every day in every way they can, from protests in the street to blocking legislation / candidates to creating vast right wing conspiracy stories. The elections are only the end game, the never ending war has just changed from Republicans and Democrats switching sides, now Republicans want to sell the "all come together" story line.

Well hopefully President-elect Trump will learn from the last 6 years of President Obama's term.....
Instead of starting out telling the other Party to pound sand, maybe He will try and bring them on board with some of His plans.

I bet if President Obama could go back and tell himself in January 2009, He would not have pushed the Republicans away. The Republicans were weak and He could have splintered the Party.
 John252817
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/6/2016 5:52:31 PM
^^^^^^ The President just never got that memo even though we waited for 8 years for him to do so. Now with Hillary joining him as civilians, that is two less incompetent people who have made a mess out in the US. Now the libs have Nancy Pelosi again.....YIKES, that is so sad!!!!
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/6/2016 8:14:28 PM

He will try and bring them on board with some of His plans.

Plans to do what? More corporate welfare as he just promised Carrier (and UT). Check the link below to see the great deal they got from Indiana's taxpayers, and yet there will still be a sizeable number of jobs headed for Mexico.

There is no Dem in his/her right mind who would have approved this deal; nor would even most conservative Pubs. Hell, even Sarah Palin called this "crony capitalism". Trump has inadvertently sent a message to every company left in the US, that they could receive a "handsome " tax break, just by threathening to move outside the US!

The Pple of Indiana who work for Carrier, just got themselves an inkling of the "real" Trump!
They are getting to know (or will soon know) Trump for what he is, and that is the quintessential NY blustering Bullsh.iter that we know him to be; who readily manged to hoodwink nearly everyone in the Midwest to buy into his BS.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/%e2%80%98he-got-up-there-and-lied-his-a%e2%80%93-off-carrier-union-leader-on-trump%e2%80%99s-big-deal/ar-AAldQLA?li=BBnb7Kz

that is two less incompetent people who have made a mess out in the US.

If history is an accurate Barometer, you will soon see,....incompetence, lying, double-talking, back-pedaling, back room dealing; being brought to NEW Heights under Trump.

As an American, I hope I am wrong, because the innocent will suffer along with the guilty; but if this does happen, I dearly hope that those who have blindedly supported him are the ones who will feel the lion's share of the pain!
 John252817
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/6/2016 11:38:09 PM
^^^^^^ I am happy to see that you aren't disagreeing with what you quoted me as saying. Thank you!!
 BeckyHT
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2016 12:37:20 AM

The President just never got that memo even though we waited for 8 years for him to do so. Now with Hillary joining him as civilians, that is two less incompetent people who have made a mess out in the US. Now the libs have Nancy Pelosi again.....YIKES, that is so sad!!!!

Wait a minute! Have you forgotten? Why yes you have!
Obama and Hillary didn't make the mess.

Pres. George Bush made the decision to send this country to war, the Iraq war, when there were no weapons of mass destruction.. that is a fact. A totally unjustified war. A war that has placed this nation into intolerable debt. War debt. Interest debt on war debt. A debt that won't be reconciled in one generation's time.

This debt sent this nation into the worse recession I've experienced in my lifetime.

And during Obama's 8 years, we have slowly recovered from the consequences of this awful recession. We managed to escape going back to living in caves.
Yet how many American's are still paying for this disaster? How many personal savings were reduced significantly? Mine were. My friends were. So not only did we incur a huge budget deficit, which will be paid for by our Federal taxes, but our personal life's worth has been devalued. And the gap between average middle class American's and the ultra rich has just widened.

Again, who made this mess?
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 72
Posted: 12/7/2016 5:56:47 AM
@Beck

Obama and Hillary didn't make the mess.

Trying to convince a hard-core Pub about this, is like trying to teach a 2 year old advanced Calculus

Pres. George Bush made the decision to send this country to war, the Iraq war, when there were no weapons of mass destruction.. that is a fact. A totally unjustified war. A war that has placed this nation into intolerable debt. War debt. Interest debt on war debt. A debt that won't be reconciled in one generation's time.

as long as there has been a black-man in the white house to lay blame upon, none of this ^ has any bearing to the typical Pub

This debt sent this nation into the worse recession I've experienced in my lifetime.

And now we may be in for another round, as Trump is sending shock waves around the world economy like a loose cannon. Make sure you put your money in a safe haven come the new year before Jan 20th.

And during Obama's 8 years, we have slowly recovered from the consequences of this awful recession.

This all may go up in smoke, if Trump thinks all the business that have moved off shore are gonna come back because he is tells them to.

How many personal savings were reduced significantly? Mine were

My retirement fund lost 1/3 of its value in a few short weeks, and luckily slowly recovered on this arduous path, and there are those who lost way more; but you have to understand that even during the height of the recession, big enterprise and the banks were still MAKING BIG money. The money we lost is the money they gained; which is why the Pubs don't care for what has been happening in the past 8 years, simply because their benefactors are not happy, as they are not raking in the kind of money they'd like to have. The Goal of the GOP is to keep concentrating the wealth in the hands of their masters, and to keep widening the gap!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 73
Posted: 12/7/2016 7:00:13 AM
From this years Time's Person of the Year, circa 2013
Finally Mr Trump is correct :)

"The Time Magazine list of the 100 Most Influential People is a joke and stunt of a magazine that will, like Newsweek,soon be dead. Bad list!"
 gtomustang
Msg: 74
Posted: 12/7/2016 8:42:43 AM
Yep, economy pulled out of recession, General Motors pulled out of bankruptcy, Bin Ladin pulled out of hiding and executed.

My my my, what a lousy record. Sounds like only bad things for America. Yikes! At least Chump gets handed a rising economy and a shrinking ISIS. Let's watch him screw that up.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2016 9:56:49 AM

Well hopefully President-elect Trump will learn from the last 6 years of President Obama's term.....
Instead of starting out telling the other Party to pound sand, maybe He will try and bring them on board with some of His plans.

I bet if President Obama could go back and tell himself in January 2009, He would not have pushed the Republicans away. The Republicans were weak and He could have splintered the Party.

I think that ship sailed long ago, launched by G. Ford with the first Republican shutdown and escalated to new highs by newt gingrich. There isn't any compromising with the majority of Republicans. They would have never compromised on the affordable care act.

That's the big hit on Obama for Republicans, the ACA.

We in the US need to move to system similar to what Mitt Romney's single payer health care, but I am afraid that Big Business is too powerful for the Government to oppose.

All the Republicans want to do is lower taxes, talk about lowing the deficit but actually raising it, and they tend to start wars. The last Republican I thought was a good President was Reagan, and he was an old guy.

But honestly hard to tell about what Trump will attempt to do, and what the Republicans / Democrats will allow him to do. I could see a second term run for Trump as a Democrat or Independent. He has thrown out his early supporters as in christie giuliani newt gingrich and installed old guard Republicans, so we have to assume he will tow their agenda.

Maybe next time we move out of geriatric Presidents and can elect someone under 50 who actually have experience growing up in todays world? With the exception of Reagan, younger Presidents seem to be the most successful Presidents in tune with our current world.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is your prediction for next 4 years?