Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is your prediction for next 4 years?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Looney_TTT
Msg: 726
What is your prediction for next 4 years?Page 30 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)

Obama performed a miracle to enable our nation to ride through this unthinkable depression. Obama inherited a mess, not Trump

If you consider creating unprecedented debt levels for America a miracle, so be it!

I guess you were asleep during the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan.

That's okay, some of us are going to be able to tell you about it and where the debt came from.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 727
What is your prediction for next 4 years?
Posted: 4/5/2017 5:08:40 PM

Per General Wesley Clark, Syria, was on the original list of Countries targeted for Regime Change. President Obama couldn’t finish the job in Syria so President Trump will be tested.

President Obama went to congress and ask for the green light to go to war and congress just sat in the corner and did not say a thing.

Though there was one guy who was very vocal about it.

"I would have said get out of Syria; get out - if we didn't have the power of weaponry today. The power is so massive that we can't just leave areas that 50 years ago or 75 years ago we wouldn't care. It was hand-to-hand combat."

D tRump
 deetristate
Msg: 728
Posted: 4/5/2017 5:09:43 PM
"""""""Per General Wesley Clark, Syria, was on the original list of Countries targeted for Regime Change. President Obama couldn’t finish the job in Syria so President Trump will be tested. Will he or can he resist the power structure in Washington and their goal for Western Globalization.

Syria is in the way of Western Globalization so a “Problem” is created (Chemical Weapon’s), the world “Reacts” (OMG, look what The Tyrant of Syria did to his own people! GASP!), and the “Solution” is Regime Change because we are the Virtuous. Creates cheap labor and Works every time! Might remember Libya (cough cough)!

Russia (Democrat Leadership itching for this war) and Iran are on the list. """"""

That.

And Americans ( and Canadians and people of the UK) fall for it every time.

Now, maybe there will be actual evidence to the contrary. Until then . . . . . .
 gtomustang
Msg: 729
Posted: 4/5/2017 8:07:11 PM
Trump is working on an infrastructure bill, and how's he going to pay for it? by cutting taxes. And someone's worried about "unprecedented debt levels for America".

hmm.

The original Black Lives Matter, the Black Panthers, were a well armed militia upholding the Second Amendment, and boy did that get the FBI interested.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/03/debate-over-conn-bill-that-would-allow-cops-to-put-deadly-weapons-on-drones.html
 forumslady
Msg: 730
Posted: 4/5/2017 8:10:25 PM
deetristate- What are you suggesting??
Trump himself made a statement denouncing the attack as one planned by the Bashar al-Assad regime.
Can you clarify your statement?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 731
Posted: 4/5/2017 8:22:30 PM

Trump is working on an infrastructure bill, and how's he going to pay for it? by cutting taxes.

And increasing military funding... that should help...
 forumslady
Msg: 732
Posted: 4/5/2017 8:36:44 PM
mungojoe- Well, why can't he increase military spending, while also building a wall, while also cutting taxes. ???
He has plans as to where all the money is going to come from, he doesn't need no stinkin' revenue to support all the spending.
You and Gto just need to get with the program.
Generous soul that Trump is, he just gave 78,000 dollars to the national park service.
Meanwhile, I think I hear the jet starting up for another trip to mar a lago, how much do you think the fuel cost is, and the cost to protect him and his cronies?
Maybe if his golfing buddies play nice, he'll take them on a little vacay' ;)
You DO remember he said he wouldn't golf as much as Obama did, right?! :D
 John252817
Msg: 733
Posted: 4/5/2017 9:37:36 PM
Aussie, if you are reading these posts, email me and I will help you out with your drainage. Your thread was off topic but there were some in here that nuked it and we all know why. They hated to see someone that was willing to help you, you didn't do a thing. Quite the "liberal" thing to do eh? YIKES!!!
 LOLTrump
Msg: 734
Posted: 4/6/2017 6:44:01 AM
I predict more people having tRump regret because of stuff like this:

220 Cities Losing All Passenger Train Service per Trump Elimination of all Federal Funding for Amtrak’s National Network Trains Source: National Association of Railroad Passengers (NARP) Apr 4, 2017

The National Association of Rail Passengers denounced the budget outline released by the Trump Administration, which slashes investment in transportation infrastructure. These cuts to Amtrak, transit, and commuter rail programs, and even air service to rural towns, would not only cost construction and manufacturing jobs, but place a disproportionate amount of pain on rural and working class communities.

“It’s ironic that President Trump’s first budget proposal undermines the very communities whose economic hardship and sense of isolation from the rest of the country helped propel him into office,” said NARP President Jim Mathews. “These working class communities — many of them located in the Midwest and the South — were tired of being treated like ‘flyover country.’ But by proposing the elimination of Amtrak’s long distance trains, the Trump Administration does them one worse, cutting a vital service that connects these small town economies to the rest of the U.S. These hard working, small town Americans don’t have airports or Uber to turn to; they depend on these trains.”

http://www.masstransitmag.com/press_release/12322126/220-cities-losing-all-passenger-train-service-per-trump-elimination-of-all-federal-funding-for-amtraks-national-network-trains
 Ouija2025
Msg: 735
Posted: 4/6/2017 8:11:45 AM
We aren't building a wall ( just a privacy hedge along the border) and we don't have much of a military but
"Released Thursday – and ahead of Canada’s April 30 tax deadline – the collection of essays also compares Canada and the United States, where 42 of the country’s 50 states have a lower combined federal-state top rate than British Columbia, the province with the lowest combined rate."
time for a tax revolt. Glad the Govt has such long fingers to reach to the bottom of my pocket.
Meanwhile some guy did a funny Twitter parody of Trump's page
 deetristate
Msg: 736
Posted: 4/6/2017 9:12:44 AM
Means the same as post 732'

Trump is going along with that biggest mistake he has made _ nikki haley.

I dont believe that syria deliberately used chemical weapons.

I The story that they bombed the rebels who had chemical weapons seems plausi le.

But I will wait for evidence one way or the other.
 forumslady
Msg: 737
Posted: 4/6/2017 1:00:30 PM
deetristate- Not only is the Syrian government denying responsibility, so are the rebels.
There has been a statement that any investigation should not be "politicized", as if that is possible.
The area was held by rebels, there are some trying to say it could have been accidental.
Trump made a statement denouncing the attack, as I stated in my earlier post.
What his actual response eventually is depends on how much pressure he receives to do something.
Naturally, there is finger pointing on his part toward Obama, who is said to have done little in 2013 when there was another attack.
However, if you check news reports from 2013, it is easy enough to find where Trump said that Obama should not involve the US back then.
I don't believe Trump has forgotten his stance in 2013, I think he counts on most Americans forgetting.
Mark my words, Trump will do nothing unless it benefits him somehow, politically.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 738
Posted: 4/6/2017 1:50:42 PM
Senate Republicans on Thursday crushed a Democratic blockade of President Donald Trump’s U.S. Supreme Court nominee in a fierce partisan brawl, approving a rule change dubbed the “nuclear option” to allow for conservative judge Neil Gorsuch’s confirmation by Friday

well well and well
 gtomustang
Msg: 739
Posted: 4/6/2017 2:00:34 PM
in 2013, Obama asked Republicans in Congress for what he needed to wage military action in Syria, and got crickets and tumbleweeds in response. They didn't want to risk another Michael Durant, nor the black man getting a foreign policy victory. We'll see if Chump does anything more than count the number of lines crossed. Maybe he has something in the works on the QT. He'll definitely have to find a way not to hit any Russian advisors if he bombs a target in Syria, and also not weaken Assad so much that ISIS rolls in.

Its easy to criticize Obama from the safety of your NY golden palace, its tougher when you're running the country and you've denied the State Department money for paperclips.
 deetristate
Msg: 740
Posted: 4/6/2017 2:03:27 PM
Neocons in action?

I wonder whether Bannon was removed for telling Trump that removing Assad is stupid and will leave another country to turn out like Egypt, Afghanistan, etc. And controlled by extremists.

The USA should focus on getting rid of ISIL or whatever they call themselves now.
 gtomustang
Msg: 741
Posted: 4/6/2017 2:08:31 PM
supposedly, the official line is Bannon was put in to keep an eye on Flynn, which is interesting or just some coincidence. But, I posted before that the beginning of this administration would be a jockey for the ear of the prez, and I think this is only part of the fallout. Trump will probably listen to family before friends.

or there could be something else that comes out about Bannon. Even leaving Assad as weak as Saddam post 1991 isn't a great situation. Meanwhile the problem with taking the caliphate from ISIS is that they turn to terrorism in Europe and maybe something like St. Pete in order to stay relevant. its whack-a-mole....as it always is.

oh damn Don Rickles died ? what he would do with this place....:)

Obama the Founding Father of ISIS? yeah, had nothing to do with Bush invading Iraq and leaving the Sunni to founder for themselves against the Shi'a, and thus ask for protection from the group that became ISIS...while Bush planned the date for America to leave Iraq.
 congupnaroad
Msg: 742
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2017 2:22:08 PM
I see that Tillerson is continuing the reckless foreign policy of both Bush and Obama. Sounds like the US is going to try and remove Assad, what a great idea! Who then do they want to govern Syria! ISIS?

But I suppose Obama the Founding Father of ISIS would be happy about that.
What a brilliant plan! Turning Syria into a battleground where the U.S. will get resistance from Russia and Iran.

Gee that is going to fix the Syria issue (pfft!).
 LOLTrump
Msg: 743
Posted: 4/6/2017 2:29:24 PM
Today on "Things that Crazy fox news viewers Say"

But I suppose Obama the Founding Father of ISIS would be happy about that.
 forumslady
Msg: 744
Posted: 4/6/2017 2:30:47 PM
gtomustang- "in 2013, Obama asked Republicans in Congress for what he needed to wage military action in Syria, and got crickets and tumbleweeds in response"
Indeed, he did.
My comment was about Trump's spin on what is happening now.
I think we can expect Trump to spend the next four years blaming Obama for everything.
Basically Trump is saying, "Well, if Obama had done something in 2013, this wouldn't be happening now."
He's not going to admit that Obama wasn't able to do anything because he couldn't get anything past congress.

@Dee- Bannon isn't going anywhere, he's just been shuffled into a different position in the deck, don't think for a second that he isn't still a Trump card, to be played when needed.

Meanwhile, as Ouija pointed out, the senate is changing rules to force the nomination of Gorsuch to the supreme court to go through.
I didn't even know there was a "nuclear option." I guess it's kosher to make up the rules as they go along.
Gorsuch is going to wind up on the court.
The best we can hope for is that no more supreme's retire in the next 4 years.
 trinity818
Msg: 745
Posted: 4/6/2017 2:38:37 PM

But I suppose Obama the Founding Father of ISIS would be happy about that

Hmmm.... sounds like that hateful fvck "Rob"...the cat despiser.
 N2U16
Msg: 746
Posted: 4/6/2017 3:42:12 PM
It’s been well documented (General Wesley Clark, VP Joe Biden, Sen McCain) that American and Allies fund ISIS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHLqaSZPe98

Break it down a little better, here is Putin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQuceU3x2Ww
 LOLTrump
Msg: 747
Posted: 4/6/2017 4:00:04 PM

It’s been well documented (General Wesley Clark, VP Joe Biden, Sen McCain) that American and Allies fund ISIS.

Actaully it is even better documneted that Reagan was the true founder.

How the US Helped Create Al Qaeda and ISIS
by Garikai Chengu
September 19, 2014

...During the 1970′s the CIA used the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt as a barrier, both to thwart Soviet expansion and prevent the spread of Marxist ideology among the Arab masses. The United States also openly supported Sarekat Islam against Sukarno in Indonesia, and supported the Jamaat-e-Islami terror group against Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto in Pakistan. Last but certainly not least, there is Al Qaeda.

Lest we forget, the CIA gave birth to Osama Bin Laden and breastfed his organization during the 1980′s. Former British Foreign Secretary, Robin Cook, told the House of Commons that Al Qaeda was unquestionably a product of Western intelligence agencies. Mr. Cook explained that Al Qaeda, which literally means an abbreviation of “the database” in Arabic, was originally the computer database of the thousands of Islamist extremists, who were trained by the CIA and funded by the Saudis, in order to defeat the Russians in Afghanistan...

http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/09/19/how-the-us-helped-create-al-qaeda-and-isis/
 congupnaroad
Msg: 748
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2017 5:55:28 PM

Today on "Things that Crazy fox news viewers Say"

You must have been hiding under a rock when Obama shipped arms and bankrolled the Syrian Rebels $500 million and those same rebels morphed into ISIS. Just one shining example of Obama's foreign policies!
 John252817
Msg: 749
Posted: 4/6/2017 7:52:16 PM
forumslady, you may want to read up on what then sen reid did a few years ago as far as changing the rules. What is happening is revenge by the democrats, nothing else. Schumer is a huge hypocrite now compared to a few years ago. There will be more Justices approved in the next few years and the democrats are wanting revenge now because they just can't stand the SCOTUS going to become more conservative. Thank God corrupt Hillary was not elected because she would have nominated far left Justices. It's a great day and tomorrow will be even better!!!
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 750
view profile
History
Trade vs. Politics
Posted: 4/6/2017 8:42:55 PM
Quoted by Becky:

Fortune.com: U.S.-Russian trade relationship? There really isn’t one

“U.S. goods exports to Russia totaled just $11 billion in 2013, equivalent to less than 0.1% of U.S. GDP. U.S. goods imports from Russia totaled $27 billion, just under 0.2% of U.S. GDP.”
“By contrast, take a look at the United States' economic relationship with China. Unlike Russia, China is a very lucrative source for U.S. exports -- it constitutes a $300 billion market for U.S. firms if you combine both exports and sales in China by firms with U.S. investment, according to the Congressional Research Service. Total trade between China and the U.S. reached more than half a trillion dollars in 2013, a significant chunk of both countries' total economic output.”
Those numbers are three years old, but it hasn’t changed much.
Pretty much makes my point. As it stands, they're not much use to Western capitalists, thus the "boogeyman" status.

Becky wrote:
America could have a lot to lose politically if either Russia’s policies or Chinese policies were to take over America.
So, again makes my point. We're in bed with China, and conveniently look the other way when it comes to the danger their military or ideology represents or bellicose actions in the S. Chia Sea. China's playing ball with Western capitalists. There is value in not kicking that hornet's nest. They could deploy an I-Phone embargo....which would stop the modern world on its axis, bring it to its knees, just like the oil embargo did in the 70s'.

No, I don’t see this as true. Putin isn’t saying no to Western capitalists. It’s our government that has had sanctions against Russia. Australia has sanctions against Russia. And why do you think America has sanctions against Russia? Is it for political reasons? Or for trade reasons? The answer, is it is for political reasons. Now, why is that? Could it be because our Intel community has been warning our government about Russia’s efforts against NATO countries?
Even before the sanctions, the importance of Russia to the west's capitalists was relatively small. Just look at the info you posted above. Not sure, but I think the sanctions started after that data was generated.

For sure, Putin wants us all to forget that they invaded the Ukraine, a sovereign nation. Putin wants us to believe, ‘oh,it’s all ok.’
The west was meddling in the Ukraine. Remember Vicky Nuland's "F*ck the EU?" It showed the hubris of the West in their efforts to pry the Ukraine away into the arms of Western capitalists. I will say it again, I think we'd be just as indignant if Russia was sewing an equivalent uprising on our border. What's good for the goose.......

I don't know enough 'bout the Ukraine/Russia, etc. to know what the real alternatives are for the Ukranian people. But the argument that Russia is "meddling" in Ukraine affairs is hogwash, because we were there also, meddling. The only way I can reconcile those who make that argument is....Western, in particular, U.S. "meddling" is OK, while Russian meddling is not.

Yeah, it seems we ‘invaded’ Iraq, when I don’t believe we had justification. But do we intend to stay there ruling that country? No, I don’t think so.
And there ya go...the ultimate in "meddling."j

Do you think Putin wouldn’t love to break up and weaken NATO?
Sure. But we would like to break up and weaken Russia. Because that is what we have been doing re: Ukraine, etc.

If it isn’t a war on the ground, it is a war of political philosophical differences.
And "political philosophical differences" generally boils down to...money and profit opportunities for billionaires.

Again....til I am convinced otherwise...I remain unconvinced of the mainstream reasons for Russia's pariah status. I'm just sick of boogeyman-ism, really. And I am with you on military spending etc. etc.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is your prediction for next 4 years?