Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is your prediction for next 4 years?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 101
What is your prediction for Congress?Page 5 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
Yes, I read the second article. Liked the point about promoting HC as a champion of woman, being a problem. I'll bet HC never saw Weiner as a career killer b/c that red flag looked much like her own. Laughed at the notion that he "could have fought harder". Funny, you listen to the Republicants, and Obama is a dictator doing more Executive Orders than anyone in history (wrong, I've linked to it in the past enough times). So, which is it? Maybe as a lawyer and a community activitist, he isn't used to being like LBJ and twisting arms. Maybe ya can't please all the people, all the time. Or like the article said, perhaps he trusted too much in the power of intelligence--that if he talked sense, there would be sensible people to stand up to his opponents who "Went low" into "scotched earth".

Yep, Chump wants a TV show, can't understand how that's a conflict of interest. He should ask his pick for the FCC to explain it

http://www.thewrap.com/donald-trump-net-neutrality-fcc-chair-days-numbered/

oh, maybe that's why he won't get an honest answer. he just doesn't want to hear one get in the way of his narcissism.

Meanwhile, Carrier is confessing its going to invest $16 million not to keep employees Chump said he saved....but to replace them eventually with automation. Y'know, when the Trumpets aren't looking. When their childish attention span has already left, and they're following whatever Twitter their false god is railing about now. I would have gladly supported the Carrier decision if had meant jobs staying, but my cynicism proved right...Chump fooled your ass. Chump made you a chump, and you'll pay $7million in taxes for the benefit of being fooled. Fool you once....

I know, I know, you folks hate it when the Democrats talk down to you. But there's a really good reason why, and over the next 4 years, you're going to see it until you're sick of it. Voting the rich man to save the poor man, especially one with a record of screwing his contractors, is a fool's game. Employment was rising, the stock market was already up 156%, and Trumpets turned their back on it all and said, "we don't want that!"

well, OK then...you aren't going to get success. You can be brought to the water, but apparently you just refuse to drink. No one can force you to walk the path to success. Vlad brought up an excellent book in another thread:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/books/review/strangers-in-their-own-land-arlie-russell-hochschild.html

About why Trumpets hate the help they get, and why they believed a narcissist claim they are strangers in "their" land. I'll toss in a quote from it:

“You are patiently standing in a long line” for something you call the American dream. You are white, Christian, of modest means, and getting along in years. You are male. There are people of color behind you, and “in principle you wish them well.” But you’ve waited long, worked hard, “and the line is barely moving.”
Then “Look! You see people cutting in line ahead of you!” Who are these interlopers? “Some are black,” others “immigrants, refugees.” They get affirmative action, sympathy and welfare — “checks for the listless and idle.” The government wants you to feel sorry for them.
And who runs the government? “The biracial son of a low-income single mother,” and he’s cheering on the line cutters. “The president and his wife are line cutters themselves.” The liberal media mocks you as racist or homophobic. Everywhere you look, “you feel betrayed.”

so, who tells them their paranoia is how things are? That this isn't progress, that its regress? Is it corporate "astroturf" campaigns?

"Six characters dominate the book, including Harold Areno, who lives on a swamp so polluted even the rugged cypress trees are dead. He and his wife have had cancer. Yet Areno supports politicians hostile to environmental regulation because he cares more about banning abortion. “We vote for candidates that put the Bible where it belongs,” he said.

So, Harold is dying of cancer, his property is ruined by corporate pollution, yet he votes against his needs b/c of what the Bible says. So, ok, Trumpets, let's be honest....is this a logical, rational man? I'm serious, let's put you on record--does he sound like he's acting in his best interest? Or maybe that he's bought into propaganda and fear and hatred? If someone came in and suggested this man be tested for Alzheimers or mental illness, would some part of you think that, yeah, maybe he's ignoring his problems to solve something that doesn't affect his life?

i'm sure the argument will be, "he's free to think what he wants." Yet if his neighbor gets the same cancer and lower property values b/c of the way Harold votes...is only Harold being harmed by his thoughts and reactions?

slippery slope, ain't it? and what if Harold thinks, hey, i'm dying anyway, i'm going to take up arms against abortion...what then? Where do we cross the line into thought crime? if we don't teach Republican propaganda, do we nip all this in the bud? If these questions worry you, consider what Chump's pick for FCC might do to the information you get, which you need in order to make decisions.

you do want to hear the truth, right? not just stories you wish to hear.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 102
What is your prediction for Congress?
Posted: 12/9/2016 9:58:52 AM
Wasting your time trying to reason with the Trumpets....
Quit trying to make sense out of nonsense....they don't read it.
Even if they can see he's a nutbar...they'll grasp at anything to justify why/how he is elect-president.
They have embraced his stupidness........they can relate...lol.
I get it....

GTO....Just accept it....fall in line with the dictator to be.
Don't watch any news, read any papers...just follow my tweets and know I am...the almighty truth sayer!!
Believe everything....I tell you today...err...tomorrow or was it yesterday......I'm so confused.
Bawhahahaha

K....fun is done for the day...need to make my country great again....now for some "shopping"....cheers!
 2ufo2
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/9/2016 10:04:58 AM

See John,. some think that whites in the USA have the same experience when a white is elected president as blacks had when Obama was elected.

Does that mean that blacks expected special treatment because the president was black?
Isn't that the very definition of 'racism'?
 Maleman999
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/9/2016 10:53:13 AM
I wonder if Trump is having his legal beagles search for laws where he can get Saturday Night Live legally taken off the air as soon as he takes over, because he doesn't like the way Alec Baldwin portrays and mocks him. By saying in public that the show is no good and it's not funny anymore and mean-spirited is going to make people watch it more, to see what's troubling Trump so much, instead of the opposite effect of making people not watch it. As for Trump calling the portrayal of him on the show as mean-spirited-duh, who is the current king of being mean-spirited? There were no kumbaya moments during his campaign, or while waiting to get the keys to the White House. When hasn't Trump been mean-spirited?

Why doesn't Trump lead by example, and not watch the show and not waste time commenting on it if he thinks the show is so terrible? I hope he isn't still whining about it when there's a real world crisis during his presidency.
 daynadaze
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2016 11:45:32 AM
Some one should have told Harold that the Bible doesn't care about abortion, that abortions, until the 1880s were common and not seen as a problem other than the health risk. But hey, some politicians and a few phony preachers said that this God is against abortion, and there is Harold, swinging at windmills.

There was a lot of bragging about the Carrier deal, where is the bragging now?
 gtomustang
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/9/2016 11:46:24 AM
You're right, Whiskey, its impossible to reason with the unreasonable. I don't look for them to eat crow and pat me on the back. But, they keep wishing for someone to stop being so PC, and tell them the truth. So, fine, I give them exactly that thing they claim they want to have. Chump tells lies hoping they'll be mistaken for the truth, I repeat reality hoping it'll be mistaken for the reality, by those who used to claim, "stupidity should be painful!". The same people who claim to love homespun common sense from grandma. Who likely told them things like, "don't expect love and kindness from someone with hatred in their heart. What makes you so gol-darn special that they can treat you differently than they do others?"

So, we got a candidate who hates Muslims and Mexicans and grabs 51% of the population by its genitals while asking supporters to beat up people exercising Free Speech. Sounds a whole lot like the guy Grandma warned you about, doesn't it? so why couldn't you see it?

"oh, I was too busy working to pay attention!"

ah, so you don't know much about HC either?

"oh, let me tell you every little thing about her, even the untruth and rumors"

wait, I thought you said you were busy making a living? Don't you mean, you were too busy shotgunning the FoolAid? The same FoolAid that tells you Democrats hate America, while your own team tells you they're going to automate your job and stick what's left of the middle class with the tax bill while they take a tax cut? I'm sorry, who's it that hates America again?

again, its hard to argue against logic and look smart at the same time. You can do one or the other, but not both. Did Trumpets have any warning how bad their candidate was going to turn out? sure did! and not from liberal sources they can't stand, either. Not even from the GOP they want to give the finger to, who warned them time and again that Chump was bad for everyone, but if he won, then they'd follow meekly behind him (no wonder the Trumpets don't respect the GOP, what a lousy show of "leadership", they just can't stand for anything America desperately needs).

All the Trumpets had to do was put down the anti-Hilary bong smoke, and look up Chump's track record, and go...hmm. Doesn't look very good. and why are we hiring a rich guy to save our ass? Haven't we tried this trickle down baloney before? Oh yeah, we did. I'm old enough to have lived thru it. What was the track record on it? Oh yeah, the economy had to be repaired by a Democrat every time.

do I claim the Dems are angels? nope, not at all! I'm saying the Donarcassist is soooo obviously bad, he can make a neocon Dem who voted for NAFTA look better for the economy by comparison. And that says a lot.

but hey, you Trumpets wish someone would cut the PC and tell it like it is. You just gave Carrier $7 mill that you'll have to cover, gave it a great PR cover, and its going to automate those jobs away anyway. And you think Chump is a great negotiator. You better hope for your job and the people you support with it, your candidate doesn't ever negotiate to keep YOUR job, using YOUR tax dollars as a bribe.

and that's just telling it, as it actually is. Sleep well at night, there's a month and four years yet of more job killing activity from this administration. How far will they go?
 ebolakitty
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/9/2016 12:20:46 PM

Some one should have told Harold that the Bible doesn't care about abortion, that abortions, until the 1880s were common and not seen as a problem other than the health risk. But hey, some politicians and a few phony preachers said that this God is against abortion, and there is Harold, swinging at windmills.

Sure the Bible condemns abortion. It is in plain black and white right between where it says that Jesus hates minimum wage and where God commands Moses to build a pipeline. Besides, banning abortion would be good for the economy. Think of all the jobs that would be created by coat hanger factories popping up everywhere.
 gtomustang
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/9/2016 2:52:21 PM
And the Bible also tells Republicans, screw unto the coal miners before celebrating the birth of Jesus:

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/10/13/were-dying-flies-sick-retired-coal-miners-betrayed-gop-senators

Mr. Yikes will be along soon to explain why this--oh heck, he doesn't explain anything, but he sure will find a way to work Hilary's corruption into this. Somehow, HC has to be responsible for Republicans leaving the coal miners high and dry.

meanwhile, some interesting reading for the outhouse:

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/americans-odds-earning-more-parents-have-plunged

looks like tax breaks for the rich and other reasons for the wealth gap...haven't helped American earning power one bit. hmm. why did we vote for it again?
 __man
Msg: 109
What is your prediction for next 4 years?
Posted: 12/11/2016 6:51:56 PM
Since Jimmy Kimmel is going to host one of those Hollywood awards dealiboppers where all the elite actors get to praise each other and tell the world how great they and their (especially political) opinions are, I predict we will be exposed to numerous derogatory humorless statements about Donald Trump for the gala event.

Apparently we haven't had quite enough of those sorry substitutions masquerading as "jokes" for the past eighteen months so I know it's a night you all will be waiting for.
 Jo van
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/12/2016 3:44:05 AM
^^ Aw, c'mon dude, lighten-up.

He pouts like a 13 year-old girl at summer camp,
he's got an orange face, and Liberace's merkin on his head,
and he thinks "bigly" is an actual word[/i

That shit's funny . <---See?
How can you not laugh..
 vlad dracul
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2016 4:37:35 AM
GTO
"You're right, Whiskey, its impossible to reason with the unreasonable."

I think you are probably a no a bad geezer mate. You know your stuff about certain subjects and having a pint
would no be a problem.

But do you never stop and wonder just how much the trump haters just sound like big girls blouses? Reason
with the unreasonable eh? How about reasoning with the folk who just cannot accept that their horse lost
in the two horse race?

See as i see it brexit and trump might change nothing. But so what? Remainers and clinton would not have
changed anything either.

Folk who voted remain and clinton voted for more of the same auld shite. They were scared of change.

I couldn't give a donald duck how things go regarding brexit and trump. The fact is the establishment
got a good kick in the gonads.

"Rocks"

Dealers keep dealing, thieves keep thieving
Whores keep whoring, junkies keep scoring
Trade is on the meat rack, strip joints full of hunchbacks
****es keep a ****ing, clap just keeps itching
Clinton got rejected
Donald got elected
Ain't no use in praying that's the way it's staying, baby
The Donald ain't so crazy, he's always got a line for the ladies, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Creeps a keep crawling, drunks a keep falling
Teasers keep a-teasing, holy Joes are preaching
Cops just keep busting, hustlers keep a-hustling
Death just keeps knocking, souls are up for auction
Hillary's liberals got the slapin
The Donald's voters got the clappin
Ain't no use in praying that's the way it's staying, baby
 deetristate
Msg: 112
Posted: 12/12/2016 6:08:06 AM
"""""Does that mean that blacks expected special treatment because the president was black?
Isn't that the very definition of 'racism'?""""

(It has leaked out of a leftist again.)

In answer to your questions,

no and no.

------------

All thst posting by leftists Is not for the benefit or enlightenment of people who supported Trump. They know that.

They are being ever PC and licking their wounds .

_______
The Carrier deal is done. People have recognized the accomplishments and moved on.

________
LOL. Hates Muslims and Mexicans?
Such hysteria. Geeze.

Even some never Trumpers admitted to being pleasantly surprised so far.
Who'd a thunk it,eh?

_______
Of course the bible doesn't say abortion.. Just kike it doesn't say machine gun, electric chair or smashing car windows or lying to Congress or downloading movies and music without paying for them.
 gtomustang
Msg: 113
Posted: 12/12/2016 6:45:35 AM
Thanks for the compliment, Vlad, and I suspect you're quite "a lad to hoist a pint with" as well. I don't mind debating with the lot of you, it exercises my mind--beats the hell out of Soduko puzzles. I do get that we can sound like sour grapes. I'm not a giant fan of the vote recount, for example, I think there's better things to be dealing with. Not to mention the fact, what IF something was found, voter turnout over here is bad enough.

Are SOME supporters (on both sides) unreasonable? sure are. And you can spot it in their arguments. But otherwise i'd like to think the large remainder of supporters are intelligent people. They may get taken in by lies and propaganda, NOT because they lack the intelligence, but b/c its what they hear. Trump lies about things said and done. People can listen to the Carrier deal and think its proof of performance. But if they hear what's really going on, then they're free to make up their own minds. There's a lot of Trump supporters in this Off Topic forum, and they are strangely silent. Maybe its a coincidence around the holidays. maybe its not.

it would be great if Trump accomplished next to nothing. We conduct deals with Germany, who we went to war with twice, and Japan, who we dropped two nuclear bombs on. So, why not deal with Russia? Maybe its the part about assassinating dissidents with radioactive materials in their tea, I don't know. The last time we put in someone with Trump's mindset and a cabinet like his (oilmen and bankers), there was a distrust in anything the CIA said (until the VP went there and interfered) and 9-11 happened. That was pretty shocking, and it wasn't impossible for a group to pull off. Now we are vulnerable in our computer networks. That might be the next attack. And as far as 9-11 goes, it and the anthrax letters sent us off to destabilize Iraq with no plan of what to do afterward. You know the 7 P;s, proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance. We had a SecDef who had already been at the job, and he failed the 7P's. now we have a cabinet of people who are new to the job.

Its one thing to spin castles out of thin air and talk about "maybe". But, we have a track record of massive failure with a presidency sharing a lot in common. Its not alarmist to say, we have an accident waiting to happen. Of course, luck can step in and we can avoid turning the world upside down like we did by entering Iraq--would ISIS have a caliphate now, would it be in Europe now? It likely wouldn't exist on the scale it does right now. Hindsight is 20/20, but most experts would agree, we could have just stuck to Afganistan and the world would be different. We would have had enough troops to handle Tora Bora, when we had Usama Bin Ladin against the rock wall. Instead we didn't b/c we were planning for Iraq, and let him slip away.

Trumpets thought it was totally reasonable to claim the election was rigged...when it came from the mouth of Trump. Now its from someone else's mouth, and even intelligence experts are saying, "hey, we think our old enemy helped" and the Trumpets have done a total reversal--now its unreasonable. How you can explain going from one side to the opposite side? Why would it hurt to look? If HC had been elected, would she say let's not dare look? The response the Trumpets have to something they used to claim was true, now they don't even want to know if its true?

it just sounds...unreasonable. unexplainable. what's their problem with finding out the truth? They can investigate HC until the cows come home, but don't dare to investigate if their old enemy has corrupted the election process? Yes, it does sound like the definition of being....unreasonable. lacking reason.

"Abortion, infanticide and child abandonment were permitted under Roman law at the time of Jesus1. Surprisingly, abortion is never mentioned in the Bible, despite the fact that it has been practiced since ancient times by a variety of means"

http://www.christianbiblereference.org/faq_abortion.htm
 Maleman999
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/12/2016 8:04:54 AM

Surprisingly, abortion is never mentioned in the Bible, despite the fact that it has been practiced since ancient times by a variety of means"

I guess God just sent a fax or email to religious leaders to tell them he doesn't approve of it, since they know God's view on it, even if there's nothing in the bible about it. It's funny how God approves of military actions with the purpose of killing people, but aborting a fetus is somehow a worse crime.
 gtomustang
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/12/2016 8:24:36 AM
or maybe its on some lost scroll in a cave someplace, and since it wasn't somehow jermaine to the Church at that time, it didn't make the cut. But yes, it is interesting that the warlike Yahweh is different from Jesus' peaceful Father who cares for each and every one of His creations.

of course, the joke for modern times is, "I'll believe a corporation is actually a person, the day Texas tries to execute a corporation or someone can abort one."
 vlad dracul
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2016 9:04:44 AM
GTO
Do you ever browse the foreign press at all? The pro putin media outlet Sputnik News has just opened a base in edinburgh. That is what the article below came from. I am not that divvy that it is a propaganda outlet. But hopefully the donald and the vlad can become bessies and blow the shit out of daesh then the shermans and ourselves over here can stop sucking up saudi arse.

I read Russia Today. Watch Al Jazeera and used to watch the iranian press tv channel. Putin ran rings around obama. Took the piss. The russkies were well aware that clinton would be another who would do what the global conglomerates wanted when ordered to.

Your CIA mob do not have a good reputation around the world do they? Now the theory below could be aoad of bollocks but if you were that way inclined the the cia/military industrial/ globalists would have wanted a clinton win. Keeps them in jobs whilst pissing off vast tracts of the world.

You should give some of them a wee gander mate.

You wrote...........

"it would be great if Trump accomplished next to nothing. We conduct deals with Germany, who we went to war with twice, and Japan, who we dropped two nuclear bombs on. So, why not deal with Russia? Maybe its the part about assassinating dissidents with radioactive materials in their tea, I don't know."

Was your tongue firmly in your cheek when you wrote about the russkies assassinating folk? I'm fairly sure our MI5/6 your cia and all the rest of the funny folk have been quite adept at the same thing over the years. Destabilising nations. In fact obama and clinton threatened the uk over trade deals if we voted brexit. Rest assured that pissed many many folk over here........

"Dr. Gregory Copley, editor of Defense & Foreign Affairs, told Radio Sputnik.

"President Obama has involved the United States in four ongoing wars as he leaves office," he said, referring to the conflicts in Iraq, Syria, Yemen and Libya. The analyst then mentioned that Afghanistan should also be on that list. "These are actual conflicts that the US continues to be involved in not to mention the 'light' stuff they are doing in Somalia and the like. … They all show no signs of abating."

This comes in sharp contrast to Obama's campaign promises. Trump Pledges to End US Regime Change Policies Around the World

The outgoing president "came into office with two wars winding down and saying he was going to get out of them," Copley added. "I think [Obama] is interested in passing the buck for some of this to the next admini
stration and trying to keep the next administration [involved in] conflicts which are on his personal agenda." Copley, president of the International Strategic Studies Association, expects the Trump team to be more reserved when it comes to foreign policy.

"In the Trump administration you will see a far more cautious approach to interventionism around the world than what we have seen under the Obama administration. President-elect Trump understands that his overriding goal is to rebuild the US economy and start rebuilding US prestige internationally. That means not getting engaged in situations which are ongoing processes without results," he said.

In Copley's opinion, Trump favors a goal-oriented foreign policy. Russia Shouldn't Expect 'Red Carpet Treatment' From Trump's Team

Thanks to Obama "We saw that with the recent very careful maneuver which he conducted with China," the analyst said, referring to a telephone conversation between Donald Trump and Taiwan's President Tsai Ing-wen. It was a major departure from Washington's policy on China and Taiwan, which infuriated Beijing. Copley maintained that Trump "will spend major resources on rebuilding the US economy because without that nothing is possible." The United States, according to the analyst, is "in danger" of running out of steam if it does not revive its economy, but Trump appears to understand this and has several solutions to this problem.
https://sputniknews.com/politics/201612071048269737-obama-wars-trump-administration/

"Syrian Army Regroups Around Palmyra After 'Coordinated Attack From Daesh & CIA'

"The Syrian army is regrouping around Palmyra, after Daesh retook the city following an opportunistic attack that looks to have had American involvement, Dr. Taleb Ibrahim, Deputy Director of the Damascus Center for International and Strategic Studies, alleged in conversation with Radio Sputnik.
https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201612121048465592-syria-army-palmyra-intelligence/

As for obama and the homosexual marriage shenanigan you are of course correct in what you say. But some folk might say that george looneys $40,000 PER HEAD fund raiser for democratic party funds just might have had an influence.

Dontcha think?

And just for the hell of it this wee documentary from russia today is worth a look. Its only 30 odd mins long.
The geezer was not aware there was no soviet union anymore. But watch as the documentery maker takes him back to his village in the ukraine. Especially the pub scene where comrades of his from the army days are having a beer.

The Last Soviet In Afghanistan

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QkFjIGA1SII
 gtomustang
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/12/2016 3:58:27 PM
Yes, there are times Sputnik and RT tell the prada. About as much as the CIA does. Bush and Cheney didn't trust them in the beginning (Bush family has a long connection to the Saudis, bin Ladin family, Carlyle Group, etc) so Cheney kept going to visit and cherry-picking intelligence, that lead to the WMD debacle. But hey, they didn't predict the fall of Communism either. Still blowing up ISIS creates no competition for Syria and Iran and other Shi'a groups. And that can turn into a problem, as well. There's a reason why Reagan and Bush kept Iraq at war with Iran for 7 years. Why Republicans worry about Iran and nukes. Maybe they are right to fear Iran, or maybe they are not.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/19/investing/saudi-arabia-threat-dump-us-assets-911-bill/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/12/12/its-going-to-be-very-hard-for-trump-or-anyone-else-to-truly-defeat-isis/?utm_term=.9355939d2146

I do agree, its ironic to talk about Russia interfering with our election, we've been doing that around the world since the days the Dulles brothers were in charge. We've assassinated enough the Church Committee investigated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_Committee

so is meddling and political assassination bad if we do it, but great if strongman Putin does it and we're wimps for not doing it? It is interesting to blame Obama for Iraq and Afganistan and wars that came from the Arab Spring--Republicans here will tell you ISIS exists b/c Obama left too soon, and the article says Obama stayed too long. Which is it?

Trump does pledge to pull America out of its NATO ties and stop playing global policeman. Except he may or may not support surgical strikes in Libya, what day of the week is it again?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/05/politics/donald-trump-libya/index.html

He also swears that Obama is the head of ISIS, so I guess anything else is looking less militaristic. But then he's going to fill up Gitmo with "bad guys, believe me" and waterboarding and torture works--so who's he going to do all this on if he doesn't plan intervention? Maybe he'll capture the media and others on the enemies list who served the EPA and went to a meeting in the last 5 years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/02/17/donald-trump-on-waterboarding-torture-works/?utm_term=.d8b283fdbd85

Some of his picks don't seem ready to pick up their guns and go home

http://www.timesofisrael.com/trumps-nsa-pick-flynn-critic-of-muslim-militancy-culture/

"Yet while Flynn has publicly issued dark warnings about the risks of Islamic violence, his private consulting firm has lobbied for a company headed by a Turkish businessman tied to Turkey’s authoritarian, Islamist-leaning government, which cracked down on dissent and jailed thousands of opponents after a failed coup in July against Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan."

"The Flynn Intel Group also lobbied Congress even as Flynn joined Trump in a presidential intelligence briefing in August — a possible security misstep, according to several ethics law experts.
“If the general was receiving classified information that could affect his business interests, that would be an obvious concern,” said Joe Sandler, a campaign ethics lawyer and expert on the law that requires lobbyists for foreign governments to register their activities.
Sandler and others also questioned why Flynn’s firm registered as lobbyists with Congress instead of the Justice Department’s stricter Foreign Agent unit, which requires more detailed reporting of activities under the federal Foreign Agent Registration Act.
“If a foreign entity is lobbying Congress with the aim of influencing US policy, they’re required to file under the foreign agent act,” said Lydia Bennett, an expert in foreign agent work with the non-partisan Project on Government Oversight in Washington."

As Mr. Yikes would say...yikes! more conflict of business interest.
 forumslady
Msg: 118
Posted: 12/12/2016 7:52:58 PM
dragonbytes- If he doesn't get assassinated (something I do NOT want to see happen), or if the push for the electoral collage to block his presidency does not succeed (and I don't think it will), we can expect most of your predictions to come true.
I do not think he will ever build the wall, he will increase border security, that's about it.
There will be MORE awful cabinet picks.
Pence will be as much our president as Trump. I expect a conservative appointment to the supreme court and an attempt to overturn Roe V Wade and undo progress with gay rights.
Tax cuts for the rich/Trumps cronies.
Directly related, more job loss and higher inflation. (WHEN are people going to figure out trickle down economics does NOT work?)
The one I fear most, but hope does NOT happen, us at war with someone. Trump as the diplomacy of a child having a temper tantrum.
A lot of people who voted for him are going to figure out they got duped.
He will run again in 2020, he will loose, badly.
edit to add- Effecting nothing except Trump, I don't think his wife will move to the whitehouse. I wouldn't be surprised to see a seperation, if not a divorce.
 __man
Msg: 119
Posted: 12/12/2016 9:50:56 PM
"aborting a fetus is somehow a worse crime."

Yes. Umhmm. The senseless murdering of 40 million (now) voting age helpless babies when they were in the womb beginning in 1973 to left leaning (pro abortion) parents. They would have voted in 2016 putting Clinton WAY over the top in the electorate. Something to ponder umhmmm. The irony stings don't it?
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/13/2016 4:14:17 AM

Msg: 117
As Mr. Yikes would say...yikes! more conflict of business interest.

I think Mr. Yikes is attending Ivanka's "Pay to Play" private coffee chat,

Ivanka Trump is auctioning a private meeting over coffee for two people willing to pony up a huge contribution to her brother’s foundation :

The “meet and greet” on a mutually agreeable date next year at either Trump Tower in Manhattan or the Trump International Hotel in Washington will last up to 45 minutes, according to a description on Charitybuzz, which values the auction at $50,000.

The auction appears to veer perilously close to the same kind of situation President-elect Donald Trump claimed existed at the Clinton Foundation. Trump lashed the foundation during his campaign, arguing that it was a way the wealthy could curry favor with Hillary Clinton through “pay to play” contributions while she was secretary of state. In Ivanka Trump’s case, the winning bidders could curry favor with a daughter who has the ear of a president-elect — and is active herself in his incoming administration.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ivanka-trump-auction-coffee_us_584f34cae4b0bd9c3dfe5ba0
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/13/2016 6:15:07 AM

Yes. Umhmm. The senseless murdering of 40 million (now) voting age helpless babies when they were in the womb beginning in 1973 to left leaning (pro abortion) parents. They would have voted in 2016 putting Clinton WAY over the top in the electorate. Something to ponder umhmmm. The irony stings don't it?

Yes. The irony does sting, because
2015 survey found 70% of women having abortions identified as Christian. 43% attended a Christian church regularly.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/70-of-women-who-get-abortions-identify-as-christians-survey-finds-150937/
 gtomustang
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/13/2016 6:33:30 AM
and some claim that abortion of unwanted babies leads to a lower crime rate, tho some claim its also the deletion of leaded gasoline from the atmosphere. But that is a neat charge, that only lefties do abortions. a better "stinging irony" is that Chump donated more to the Clinton Foundation than to his own. I suppose he knew from experience which one was doing more for the world.
 John252817
Msg: 123
Posted: 12/13/2016 6:58:48 AM
I predict that the democrats, led by Jill Stein and her new friend Hillary Clinton, will be asking for a recount of the election on a monthly basis. I predict that the economy will get better, that we will be stronger with foreign relations(that isn't a high bar to reach), that we will have a great Supreme Court, that President Obama will say he should have worried more 8 years ago about other governments hacking into our system for many things then to say a few weeks ago that there wasn't any hacking(amazing how hacking is important now Mr President). I predict our borders will be more secure. I predict that the less fortunate now(how did that work Mr President) will have more hope and jobs will be more available. I predict that people will see that the liberal democrat only wanted the black vote yet only to leave them behind and not giving a damn. Yes, hope is alive again and I predict many hopes will become reality. Even the whiners now will be appreciative of what is happening.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/13/2016 7:14:34 AM
GTO---
and some claim that abortion of unwanted babies leads to a lower crime rate

as posited by Steven Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner in Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything~

An interesting book though I don't agree with all their conclusions~
 Ouija2025
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/13/2016 7:30:12 AM
Abortion is a hot button topic. Funny how many Men always jumping to condemn..
I just don't see him lasting, plus he is filling the swamp with far dangerous Gators
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is your prediction for next 4 years?