Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Mens Cologne      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ebolakitty
Msg: 26
Mens ColognePage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
OP, I expect that there are some women that respond to some scents that way. Just the way other women respond to certain music or certain textures. There is no cologne that works on all women. The best a cologne can probably do for you is get some women to think, "Gee that smells nice" and nothing more. A more common complaint is "what is that? It stinks." Men have a habit of over doing it with the cologne and aftershave. They get the completely opposite effect.

As a side note, one of my sisters gets turned on by cigar smoke. You might see if you can do something with that but I wouldn't have a lot of faith in it.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 27
Mens Cologne
Posted: 12/29/2016 9:53:16 AM
The cologne is supposed to smell good to the woman, thats the point. I purchased Polo for my boyfriend for Christmas. It smells soo good to me. Im not sure if he likes it but he says he will wear it for me.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/2/2017 7:10:07 AM
I like most currently popular colognes on men. And his wearing them DOES make him much more attractive to me.

I just hate it when a man still wears something that has been "out" for ages. NO Old Spice or Brut, puh-leeeze!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/2/2017 11:48:42 AM
I have never in my life worn cologne.

However, my wife wanted me to, so I bought Burberry Brit Rhythm and Diesel fuel for Life, which we picked together.

I really don't care much about the issue, however I don't like to have any overpowering sweet smells on my clothes / body. I don't even like deodorant soap, it has a kind of slippery feel to it, I don't feel clean.

The only product I use is an underarm deodorant.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 30
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/2/2017 2:15:52 PM

has a kind of slippery feel to it, I don't feel clean.

I feel this way about 'soft water'---I live in an area of very hard water. Grew up with it, never had an issue with it. The first time I went to someone's house that used a water softener, I freaked out. I couldn't seem to get the soap off of my hands. Felt slimy. Wondered what the deal was< hahaha

I still don't have a water softener, though everyone says its good for hair, skin, etc---no thanks. Just icky
 ohenryx
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/2/2017 8:27:16 PM
It’s interesting that the older scents are ridiculed,

I just hate it when a man still wears something that has been "out" for ages. NO Old Spice or Brut, puh-leeeze!

And yet, Polo has been praised, and more than once. And Polo has been on the market since 1978, some 38 years. I admit that I like Polo, and wear it occasionally. It’s too strong for everyday use, I would never wear it to the office.

My personal favorite is still Drakkor Noir, which has been around almost as long, since 1982.

Brut is older, having been around since 1964. Old Spice, since 1938. Hell, that’s even older than me!
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/10/2017 5:24:57 PM
ohenryx --

Drakkor Noir and Polo IMHO are timeless classics.

Old Spice and Brut, also IMHO, are passe, and give the impression that the wearer is a little out of touch with the present. I doubt that the original OS is still on the market. And I'm sure that Brut is not.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/10/2017 8:54:18 PM

But are there any men's cologne that drive women wild and make you feel like you have to have sex with him?

Yes, a hidden gem that's real cologne and not expensive. It's found in a story that has a little more women's stuff than men's stuff: Rue 21. Rue 21 Black. $10 a bottle. You can stock up on the stuff without breaking the bank, and it's liked as good as the best colognes out there.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 34
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/11/2017 8:31:53 AM
"So BCC, if your bottle of 'Chloe' is from the 80's---that makes it 30 some years old<

Might be time to purchase a new bottle to keep the memory 'fresh'! hahaha "

30 years old THIS very year in fact ( around May to be more exact ).

Believe it or not , it smells just as good still to this day . Well, the last time I took a whiff which was prolly within the last year or so.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 35
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/12/2017 10:43:48 AM

"So BCC, if your bottle of 'Chloe' is from the 80's---that makes it 30 some years old<

Might be time to purchase a new bottle to keep the memory 'fresh'! hahaha "

30 years old THIS very year in fact ( around May to be more exact ).

Believe it or not , it smells just as good still to this day . Well, the last time I took a whiff which was prolly within the last year or so.

I'll take your word for it...You must have been storing it just right~ in a cool dark place!

;-)
 RERE1026
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/18/2017 5:04:12 PM
Arimis.......
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/18/2017 5:55:42 PM
Everyone has their own scent - and thus, the interaction of cologne and perfumes may work, some may not.

I'm kind of curious --- since people online seem to be sooooo confident that they know a person's character from the few words they read in here - what do you think they wear for a scent? What do you think they SHOULD wear?
 jco415
Msg: 38
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/21/2017 9:02:30 PM
My favorite smell on a woman is something with vanilla in it.

My cologne of choice is a mixture of grease, gasoline and GoJo hand cleaner!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/22/2017 11:28:32 PM
A cologne alone wont lure a woman into bed, so stop dreaming. It is so much more than that for a woman, if she is sober. There are some scents which are very appealing but it depends which man is wearing it. So you are better off getting her tanked lol!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/23/2017 12:44:45 AM

A cologne alone wont lure a woman into bed, so stop dreaming. It is so much more than that for a woman, if she is sober.

Ha! You think we can lure a woman into bed when she's sober? You're dreaming! :)

So you are better off getting her tanked lol!

BOTH. :)
 south_city
Msg: 41
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/23/2017 8:21:28 AM
I rarely used cologne. But when I did, I didn't notice any impact it had in terms of the quality or quantity of women that were interested me. When a woman uses perfume, it doesn't make her any more appealing to me.
 gtomustang
Msg: 42
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/23/2017 8:56:43 AM
unless one hoses themselves down with Axe Body Spray, I don't imagine a smoker across a bar full of scents will notice a fellow's scent. a non smoker may have a better chance, but I still suspect that person has to be up close and personal (again, if the wearer isn't dousing themselves). A woman that close....probably has a reason, ie, a prior interest in the bearer :)

pheromones, on the other hand? I think there are still forum members around who will extoll their virtues but I suspect their only chance of working may be when the female animal is ovulating, just like with other animals.

(hunkered down, ready for flames)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/23/2017 11:58:45 AM

I rarely used cologne. But when I did, I didn't notice any impact it had in terms of the quality or quantity of women that were interested me.

Depends what you wear. If you wear something where Many go "Wow, I like that! What is that?" it obviously helps. You obviously need your ducks in a row in everything else to make yourself potentially viable of course, and it's nothing to Rely on. Just like in baseball -- if you can make your batters get more Walks, no, you're not going to win the pennant. But over time, you're going to collect a few more wins.

unless one hoses themselves down with Axe Body Spray, I don't imagine a smoker across a bar full of scents will notice a fellow's scent.

I don't think wearing a cologne is aimed to lure a gal from across the bar -- I think that would backfire - lol. Yes, it's effective when engaging/mingling with someone. It's not made to make women from all over the bar go to you -- that's visuals (and they'll still expect you to go to them most the time anyway).

pheromones, on the other hand? I think there are still forum members around who will extoll their virtues but I suspect their only chance of working may be when the female animal is ovulating, just like with other animals.

So basically pheromones work on gals when they're horny... so you've already got one foot in the door if you're potentially viable anyway, right? But of course, I guess the concept is, is that a gal who's horny underneath will be more forthcumming toward you if her body senses the pheromones you caked on. Hmmmm. I'll look that up. I wonder if Axe has a "pheromone" line yet... :)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/23/2017 4:18:12 PM
Perfume and cologne alone wont do it for most of us. Just as well.

I do like Aramis, it evokes memories of when I was in love with a guy who wore it.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/23/2017 5:19:31 PM

And I'm sure that Brut is not.

LOL, I know Christmas is a lonnnggg way off but just in case..................
https://www.brutworld.com/
Brut Cologne, Brut Deodorant, Brut Aftershave, new Brut products, Brut scents and where to buy them available at Brutworld.com. Brut - the essence of a man
 platypus_man
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/24/2017 3:12:44 PM

I like Polo, and wear it occasionally. It’s too strong for everyday use,

Holy crap, you're not supposed to wear that much of it. It's a common problem with men; using too much scent, as if some is good, more it better. If they can smell you in the room, you're using too much. Subtlety. Don't pour it in one hand and then splash on a bunch like the guy in the old Mennen or Aqua Velva after shave commercials (which, BTW, is apparently what most men do). Try a dab on pulse points and see how that goes over. A DAB. Touch the inner wrist and lower neck with ONE finger that's wet with your desired scent. That's all. Renew after lunch or after work. You don't need any more.
Edit, you can also use the lady's trick of spraying it ONCE into the air, then walk through the scented air. Again, don't create a cloud, you don't need that much.
 MissBelledandy
Msg: 47
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/24/2017 4:23:45 PM
Gucci Envy and believe it or not old spice. I don't fu*cking know why..
 Nestaron
Msg: 48
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/29/2017 10:36:12 PM
I heard Le Male was good for some guys I used to use Blue Stratos back in the early 90s but I actually developed severe reactions to colognes, perfumes etc... so I have no clue now although I am tempted at times but I still hold my breath going into pharmacies as their perfumes in front door still give me problems.
 markjohnson1963
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/30/2017 5:31:17 PM
I use that blue stuff you can get for free out of porta potties..
Mens Cologne
Posted: 1/31/2017 3:34:11 PM
There is this one single solitary perfume that I only smell unexpectedly on a random stranger for just a few seconds about once every 5 years or so. I like it so much that I couldn't explain it in words here. It is absolutely over the top mesmerizing and more lovely than lovely can be. Extremely distinctive. Totally unmistakable. When it happens, I get so physically anxious because g*d dammit I want to know what the f*ck that shit is already! If I can't find a woman who wears that, I at least want to know what the hell it is.

Three times so far over the years I have went into some place that is full of scents like Dillards etc, explained to someone my conundrum, and asked if it'd be too much trouble to guide me through sampling dozens of perfumes. Each time they were delighted, actually, and were very helpful and patient. I'd spend well over an hour giving as many clues as I could about it's olfactory elements and how far back I think I first smelled it...to think it might not be a newer scent, for example...and stuff like that. So far not one single thing has even come close. It's definitely a perfume, and not just some woman's natural scent that really grabs me, and it's not some kind of essential oil.

One of the defining constants of my whole life is always having somewhere in my subconscious a desire to know what this is and an anticipation for the next time I'll smell it. I swear, the next time that I smell it, I'm going to throw manners out the window and ask about it. As long as I even have the chance...some of the times in the past, it happened before I knew it and the person was gone before I could ask in the first place.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Mens Cologne