Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > SCAMMERS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 27
SCAMMERSPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Ouija, I can see up your skirt from this angle. Are those La Perla panties? Cute!

If you live in a country that locks up more of its citizens than any other

The USA locks up too many people, but at least we are public with our rates. Also, it depends what the definition of "incarceration" is. China and Russia "detain" a great many of their citizens. North Korea and Cuba do not allow certification of their numbers, which are estimated to be much higher. And, for some reason, the tiny nation of Seychelles is often higher than the US. Most of our increase came in the 1980s, with the introduction of mandatory sentencing for drug offenses in certain states (New York, etc.).

Ouija2025
Msg: 28
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/4/2016 5:40:07 AM
I adore fancy lingerie :)
Disliked when I would have to go into prisons to do presentations. Don't know who I was more scared of the cons or the guards. I would pick the toughest looking man or woman to sit by me to help out. Cross carved into forehead? check. Tears tattooed on face? check. I include women in that. Always dressed nice in case there was a hostage situation ( wanted to look good in TV) and took packs of smokes to barter .

The prisoners were always very nice and respectful the guards, not so much
 Walts
Msg: 29
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/4/2016 7:33:45 AM
I would think some of you ladies should be scared of those that have never been "caught". The ones that have been, obviously aren't as intelligent(and by default, dangerous) as the ones that are still walking the streets.......

Just something to consider.

Have a great Sunday!!!!!!! :O
 IrishBlues4Uv3
Msg: 30
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/4/2016 6:27:49 PM
I listen to my gut and will run a Googly search if something feels off with things.
First time that happened I was glad as hell I did...multiple violations of restraining orders plus a few trespassing arrests on a woman who REALLY wanted to meet me. When I asked what the deal was with the arrests she ramped up into a rant that was disturbing as hell for me...clearly mental illness issues for her.
While mental health issues aren't usually a deal breaker providing you're in the solution...she clearly wasn't.
 borderlady
Msg: 31
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/5/2016 11:44:53 PM
The inmate's family can post for them in some states...
What really gets me is how so many think we are just being stupid when in actuality we are being safe....
There is one guy who keeps giving his name out on first email. When told it's really not a good idea...He say that he is ex-police and feels that he feels perfectly safe giving out his phone number..What he fails to realize is that its not safe for the person on other end...(H3LL he could be a scammer anyway)
A phone # can give someone you call all sorts of information. Yes one can block your number, but its best to probably wait...
 Maleman999
Msg: 32
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/6/2016 4:45:34 AM

Msg 30:
While mental health issues aren't usually a deal breaker providing you're in the solution...she clearly wasn't.

If a woman has mental health problems, how would you be part of the solution? Are you trained to deal with people who are mentally ill? Personally, I (and I'm sure most people) would prefer to date someone who is sane and doesn't need to be rescued from themselves.
 Walts
Msg: 33
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/6/2016 5:50:26 AM

Personally, I (and I'm sure most people) would prefer to date someone who is sane and

Speak for yourself mister!!!!!!

;)
 Seki1949
Msg: 34
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/6/2016 10:08:47 PM
I want a pickle.
 formula7789
Msg: 35
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/7/2016 4:24:17 AM
Anyone getting ones from ghana????
 sun___flower
Msg: 36
view profile
History
CUCUMBERS
Posted: 12/7/2016 8:17:03 AM

I want a pickle.

Haha Seki. :-P
 ohenryx
Msg: 37
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/7/2016 6:08:53 PM

Seki1949
I want a pickle.

I don't want a pickle
Just want to ride on my motorcycle

-- Arlo Guthrie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgOnYEWFoW4
Messages this short may not be posted
 easybreezee469
Msg: 38
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/7/2016 8:32:20 PM
I'm certain there's lots of people not thinking about criminal liar types who would indeed show up here.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 39
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/8/2016 6:11:08 AM
I figure POF is getting a lot better at detecting scammers. Lately a couple of too good to be true profiles popped up on my matches list, only to vanish within 24 hours. The scammers are obviously not too good at generating fake profiles.....

Either that, or its their method of creating a fake profile, get a few offline contacts, then delete the profile.
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 40
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/8/2016 3:16:44 PM
the ones by the supposed family or friend of someone not online who wants you to email the person st x... I got a dozen versions of the same exact email with the different relation/ email address/ name the first week I joined this past month so apparently they aren't THAT sophisticated..
 rearguard*2
Msg: 41
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/8/2016 5:04:26 PM
Oh, I don't think they are very sophisticated at all. The most recent one that I found claimed to be from a place here that is 99% French speaking, yet the profile was all English with would just never happen in that place. Duh! Not only that, the profile pic was a woman wearing a see through dress on a 30 year old body while claiming to be 58 years old. While there are a lot of good looking women out there near 60, I have yet to see any posting pics flashing their body parts.....
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 42
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/8/2016 6:35:56 PM
^^^^^ didn't there used to be a forum ite who was kind of that age and she that posted s ton of pics of herself in bikinis while dating people twenty years younger? and putting her age younger so she could filter out anyone within ten years of her age? is she still around? she was gorgeous do I don't blame her for posting a bunch of pretty explicit pics of herself... but there are many women in that she range who shocked people with how amazing they still were for their age.

but you are right there are many way obvious people.

I am tired of hearing from the guys twenty to twenty five years younger pretending to be in their forties who lie to get around the age filter.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 43
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/9/2016 5:37:12 AM
Women can have great bodies at any age, but I can still pick out the 20 year olds from the 40 year olds from the 60 year olds. Don't recall the bikini pics, althought there was local woman with such pics who was clearly the age she claimed to be.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 44
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/9/2016 5:56:02 AM
She has left Moon. And yeppers she had a body to be proud of/
idk Rearguard, I see older women with amazing bodies, and with coin enuff to repair the face. Course I live in a resort area so ppl go the extra shrug.
Alas my craving for junk food overcomes my desire to go to the gym etc
happy with my beachball body LOL
I've been getting a lot of messages they give out their email ( usually a gmail acct) I reckon they are phishing
 Walts
Msg: 45
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/9/2016 7:33:35 AM

she was gorgeous do I don't blame her for posting a bunch of pretty explicit pics of herself...

And yet, from a man, well, this man, I found her to be as ugly as sin with ever word she wrote/spoke.

I guess it has to do with perception.

Funny how that can be.
 cooldog65
Msg: 46
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/9/2016 8:25:07 AM
^^^^^ Are we talking about Karma? She's in my area and she's about 5 years younger than me with reddish-brown hair. She's been gone since earlier this year. She was pretty entertaining.
 Work_in_progress_17
Msg: 47
SCAMMERS
Posted: 1/8/2017 6:17:49 PM
if you're talking about Karla H. He was her husband, and they killed her younger sister and at least 2 other young women. AND Karla had plastic surgery after her release to avoid being recognized.
 Work_in_progress_17
Msg: 48
SCAMMERS
Posted: 1/8/2017 6:24:57 PM
To me, scammers are the bogus accounts who will eventually ask for money (if you let them get that far). Most of them are fairly easily recognized. They often have ''widowed'' as their status (sb widower, but that's pof's dropdown)...usually have a phd...talk about how affectionate they are, yada yada yada....and instead of saying ''because'' they almost always say 'cos'. In their profile they will almost always have some bit about how they hardly ever come here or they won't be here long so please email them at ...(insert scammers email here).
Oh, and the message starts off with how beautiful you are and what a great smile you have and how your profile really caught their attention. This always amuses me, as I don't have a pic. haha
When I was on POF a few years ago, there didn't seem to be many scammers, but once Match bought the site it really increased. (Match has always had a lot of them.
 daynadaze
Msg: 49
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 1/8/2017 8:32:46 PM

daynadaze, I don't think the OP is referring to inmates. She mentions that criminal records are public info in her state. So she finds the criminal records on someone who she has been chatting with (she must need to know his name and town of residence.

I never said she did, I made a statement about what I thought about prisoners having access to dating sites, off topic maybe, but nothing that needed to be corrected.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > SCAMMERS