Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Has anyone had a premonition?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jo van
Msg: 76
I tried working in cyrogenics, but i couldn't get a headPage 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

The "myths" have had lots of cons and lots of pros.

The whole thing is a con.
The "pro's" are the ones raping children.

You tend to have a cookie cutter mentality about all of this.

You have accepted the cookies fed to you.

Perhaps [organized] religion is ridiculous . . . but lots of people are believers without buying into any organized religious dogma.

If it wasn't for the dogma, they wouldn't know what to "believe".

And there is a reason for that . . .some might think it ridiculous to believe that the Universe spontaneously erupted (Hawkings notwithstanding in his Grand Design book) with all of the laws of physics down to a T, and the Stars and everything erupted because of those laws, and humankind just happened to erupt because simple bacteria . . . by Darwinian means . . . . evolved into human beings.....

Who said it erupted "spontaneously"?
I think it was most likely a 'black hole', which just reached 'critical mass'.

There's plenty of evidence to support evolution. It's an evidence-based fact.
It's only still called "a theory", because we can't actually see it happening.
All primitive human societies have/had creation myths.
Until around Darwin's time, (150 years ago) people here (in the supposedly educated and "advanced" west) didn't know what fossils were, or what they signified.
They didn't understand geology, or archaeology, or paleontology.
Around the same time, there were cholera epidemics, even in London, and New York, because they hadn't figured out that it was due to contaminated water, and London's streets still ran with raw sewage.

Who "created" the "creator"? An even bigger "god"?

and despite a huge universe and only a limited number of souls who have ever lived . . .here you are . . in the present . . . consciously telling the rest of us how ridiculous we are to believe what we may believe.

I've told you before Marilyn, I'm not "telling" anyone what to believe.
I'm just saying why I don't believe it.
My existence, or even the existence of our planet, our universe, or the entire cosmos, is not "proof" that somebody must have "made it".

You see, the thing is, I am a believer in Science... not mysticism. There are plenty of scientific facts however that we do not know about, do not understand, do not recognize.

If we were all knowing, perhaps we would understand how the future, at the quantum level atleast, has an impact on the past.

Perhaps we would understand how reality is framed by observation and that observation alone has an affect on particles.

Perhaps we would understand how a quantum particle can be in two different places at the same time, or a cat might be alive or dead at the same time, depending on what we choose to observe.

I understand all of that.
And a quantum particle can be in many places, at the "same time". ("Phantom Excursions")
You've misunderstood Schrodinger's cat. - It's not "what we choose to observe". It's a "thought experiment", that's all.

Your reality is an infantile one. You can not see it, hear it, taste it, sense it . . . so it does not exist.

OOh good, the insults have started again.
I trained as an electronics engineer. You can't see it, hear it, taste it, sense it, -so we use instruments, to measure it, because we know it exists.

A God like entity does not exist because you have come concluded there is no evidence of a god-like entity.

Hmmm.. If there's "only one god", how can something be "god-like"???

spontaneously

Stop saying "spontaneously".

It's not what I have "come concluded", there is no evidence.
Our existence isn't "evidence".
It's a primitive belief.
Like superstitions, or "psychics", or "premonitions". (Bang-on-topic there!)
Or "you've put a curse on my cattle", or "I saw her turn into a cat".
People used to believe in all sorts of old shit.

I suppose it will take some time, before they all eventually have to let it go.
Meanwhile, they'll get all angry, as if sanity was somehow, "my fault".

Hey! Don't blame me, for not believing in your unsubstantiated drivel.
Blame science, and facts, and reality.
Goodnight.
 Walts
Msg: 77
I tried working in cyrogenics, but i couldn't get a head
Posted: 12/5/2016 4:39:22 PM

They even make up stuff to make it about me

No, it's only me.

By and large, I really don't like people, including those visions of yours.
 daynadaze
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2016 5:03:16 PM
Oh Tom, not everything is about you, but now you are so mean to me, what shall I do!!! Excuse me while I go cry myself to sleep.

And no, I was not responding to you.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/5/2016 6:10:06 PM
Hush. It is always about DEE. She says so
She thinks she is being stalked, yet doesn't leave
So I guess she likes stalkers. Well more than illegals
 Tomfiend
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/6/2016 8:15:28 AM

The whole thing is a con.
The "pro's" are the ones raping children.

Jovan, there may well be a good reason for people believing in Religion. For many, the pros outweigh the cons. What do facts have to do with anything. Our entire worlds are based on our perceptions and our realities. Only your world is based on your perceptions and your realities.

http://www.livescience.com/57021-religion-brain-activation.html?utm_source=notification

People who have had "a religious experience" often report feelings of joy, peace and warmth, and new research has found that during these experiences, certain reward centers in the brain are activated.

The study found that, among devoutly religious people, spiritual feelings activate the same areas of the brain as other rewarding and pleasurable experiences, like love, sex and drugs.

"We're just beginning to understand how the brain participates in experiences that believers interpret as spiritual, divine or transcendent," study co-author Dr. Jeff Anderson, a neuroradiologist at the University of Utah School of Medicine, said in a statement. "In the last few years, brain imaging technologies have matured in ways that are letting us approach questions that have been around for millennia."

In the study, the researchers analyzed the brains of 19 devout Mormons in their 20s and 30s who had completed 1.5 to two years of missionary service for the Mormon Church. [10 Things You Didn't Know About the Brain]

The participants spent an hour in a brain scanner, and were shown quotes and videos meant to evoke spiritual feelings. For example, participants were shown passages from the Book of Mormon as well as videos produced by the Mormon Church. They were also asked to pray in the scanner for 6 minutes. At several points during the session, participants were asked, "Are you feeling the spirit?" (This is a phrase used in the Mormon Church to refer to feelings of religious joy.) The responses ranged from "not feeling" to "very strongly feeling."

The results showed that "feeling the spirit" was linked with activation of the nucleus accumbens, a brain region involved in processing feelings of reward. This activation peaked about 1 to 3 seconds before participants said they were experiencing peak spiritual feelings (which they indicated with the press of a button).

Spiritual feelings were also linked with activation of a region called the medial prefrontal cortex, which is thought to be involved in judgment and moral reasoning, as well as activation of brain regions linked with increased attention and alertness.

The researchers noted that more studies, including those that look at people from different religions and cultures, are needed in order to identify other brain regions linked with religious experiences.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/6/2016 8:42:25 AM

There's plenty of evidence to support evolution. It's an evidence-based fact.

Yes there is evidence of evolution, but there is no evidence that proves life evolved out of nothing, nor is there any evidence to prove that man evolved from a one-celled organism. It is still a theory from that point of view.

I've told you before Marilyn, I'm not "telling" anyone what to believe.

Yes you repeatedly tell people to just say no to religion....over and over and over again. How can you deny this?? And who is "Marilyn"?

I trained as an electronics engineer

Not at all surprising...in fact I could have guessed you were an engineer. Engineers tend to be very myopic in their thought processes. They are great at following the letters from point A to point Z. But they have real problems when the letters do not line up. They are generally not "free" thinkers, but instead very rigid in their outlooks. I.E., they are just like you :-) They tend to demand clear cut evidence before acceptance, which is fine in many circumstances... but not in the case of expanding ones mind for out of the box thinking. At any rate, now I understand your thinking a little more. Thanks for that :-)
 BeckyHT
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Free thinkers
Posted: 12/6/2016 11:26:48 AM

Engineers tend to be very myopic in their thought processes. They are great at following the letters from point A to point Z. But they have real problems when the letters do not line up. They are generally not "free" thinkers, but instead very rigid in their outlooks. I.E., they are just like you :-) They tend to demand clear cut evidence before acceptance, which is fine in many circumstances... but not in the case of expanding ones mind for out of the box thinking.

Then you don't know engineers.
Yes, they like to see evidence.
No, they don't believe in myth or make-believe.

And what is a 'free thinker'? One quote I've read, is "No one can be a freethinker who demands conformity to a bible, creed, or messiah."
Another quote says "A free thinker is defined as a person who forms his or her own opinions about important subjects (such as religion and politics) instead of accepting what others say." I see engineers and scientists as free thinkers... they are the ones who have thought outside the box, experimented with things to develop new products, and given us the advancements of the 20th and 21st centuries.

Wiki has this definition of "Freethought" : A free thinker is defined as a person who forms his or her own opinions about important subjects (such as religion and politics) instead of accepting what others say. Freethinkers are heavily committed to the use of scientific inquiry, and logic."

It doesn't say a free thinker believes in hocus pocus.

So I disagree with your statements.
 Jo van
Msg: 83
I can see this ending in tears
Posted: 12/6/2016 11:31:43 AM

Jovan, there may well be a good reason for people believing in Religion. For many, the pros outweigh the cons. What do facts have to do with anything. Our entire worlds are based on our perceptions and our realities. Only your world is based on your perceptions and your realities.

http://www.livescience.com/57021-religion-brain-activation.html?utm_source=notification

People who have had "a religious experience" often report feelings of joy, peace and warmth, and new research has found that during these experiences, certain reward centers in the brain are activated.

Reward centers are activated by many things, something which the mormonic doctor conveniently fails to mention.
It's possible to convince yourself of almost anything. A form of 'self-hypnosis' if you like.
Both the obese, and long-distance runners experience similar euphoria, though they achieve it by different means.

Dawkins, who is an "Evolutionary Biologist" by trade, speculates about the evolved "need" to believe in deities.
I don't know about that, because I'm not an Evolutionary Biologist, all I do know, is that "believers" believe it's ok to kill people, if they question or doubt those beliefs, or if they believe in something else.
Like they still do in Palestine, and all over the middle east.

IMO a million people "feeling joy, peace and warmth", doesn't "outweigh" one single person being killed,
much less millions, as is the sad reality.

Yes there is evidence of evolution,

but there is no evidence that proves life evolved out of nothing,

Who said it "evolved out of nothing"??
See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

In July 2016, scientists reported identifying a set of 355 genes from the Last Universal Common Ancestor (LUCA) of all organisms living on Earth.[57] This research, published by William F. Martin, genetically sequenced 6.1 million protein coding genes from sequenced prokaryotic genomes of various phylogenic trees, identified 355 protein clusters from amongst 286,514 protein clusters, that were probably common to LUCA.

I think Suzanne Vega did a song about him..

nor is there any evidence to prove that man evolved from a one-celled organism. It is still a theory from that point of view.

See above.
You think humans are different to all the other animals. We all share common ancestors. And DNA.
It's not a theory, it's a fact.
See also:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phylogenetic_tree
Contemporise.

There's plenty of evidence.
They don't have to rely on fossils anymore.
Now they've got gene-sequencing', they can prove the relationships between various species, including us, and when the mutations and divergences occurred.
Amazingly, vindicating some of Darwin's hypotheses, based only on the studies of bones and anatomy.
EG. Darwin thought some shrews were related to elephants, which seemed unlikely at the time, but has since been proven to be correct.

Not at all surprising...in fact I could have guessed you were an engineer. Engineers tend to be very myopic in their thought processes.

Evidence?
Citation?
I thought not...

They are generally not "free" thinkers, but instead very rigid in their outlooks. I.E., they are just like you :-)

Ad hominem bullshit.
Yeah, because it's not like engineers have ever invented anything... or come up with anything new...
Oh no...
wait...

So you seem to "think" that supporting the status quo, regarding deities, is a glowing example of being a "free thinker", but questioning and disputing it, shows some sort of a "rigid outlook", do you?
You're a hoot!

They tend to demand clear cut evidence before acceptance, which is fine in many circumstances..

It's "fine" in ALL circumstances, actually.
It's how science works. Sorry about that.

but not in the case of expanding ones mind for out of the box thinking.

It might have been our already "expanded minds", which enabled us to train as engineers, in the first place.
And it was an insatiable curiosity for finding out how things worked, which drove most of us to do so.

Every advance in current technology, was invented, and made by engineers.
Both hardware, and software.
If it wasn't for engineers, "thinking outside the box", there would be no computers, and no internet, and you wouldn't be able to type the grim, pseudo-science gibberish which you do.

Primitive "beliefs", like "premonitions", ( the topic) or "religion", and other superstitions,
or beliefs in big, but also conveniently invisible, and undetectable, and evidence-free, "super-deities", have done nothing but attempt to hold back progress.
It's like trying to move forwards, while dragging an anchor.

It seems that some of us are a little more evolved, mentally, than others.

Facts will expand your mind, far more than the fictions seem to have done.
(See studies of the brains of London Taxi-Drivers)
 Tomfiend
Msg: 84
I can see this ending in tears
Posted: 12/6/2016 11:43:40 AM
Have limited time to respond at this moment, but few engineers or scientists are all that creative. The Einsteins and Steve Jobs are few and far between. But I do give credit to the few who developed our space programs, computers, etc.
 cotter
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Has anyone had a premonition?
Posted: 12/6/2016 12:50:51 PM
Message 83 ...
beckyht ...
And what is a 'free thinker'? One quote I've read, is "No one can be a freethinker who demands conformity to a bible, creed, or messiah."

Another quote says "A free thinker is defined as a person who forms his or her own opinions about important subjects (such as religion and politics) instead of accepting what others say."

Soooo ... all those guys who email me who claim to be "free thinkers" but are religious ... big bunch of hooey?

I see engineers and scientists as free thinkers... they are the ones who have thought outside the box, experimented with things to develop new products, and given us the advancements of the 20th and 21st centuries.

Yep ... I had a boyfriend who was (still is) an engineer. His mind is always churning something up ... figuring out ways to fix things that are considered "throw away" these days so there are no longer parts available. He used to work on experiments with his next door neighbor (older gentleman who is now deceased) who was always trying to invent something.

It doesn't say a free thinker believes in hocus pocus.

That's funny ... just love it! And it's so true!!!
 deetristate
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/6/2016 3:17:02 PM
Intetesting article on Atheists.

The New Psychology of Atheism
New research reveals some of the emotional factors involved in disbelief.
Posted Mar 21, 2016

""""It often is assumed that belief in God, or lack thereof, is based upon intellectual reasoning. For instance, some atheists argue that God is unlikely to exist because of Occam’s razor, a logical principle basically stating that, all things being equal, the view most likely to be true is the one with the least assumptions. Only in the past couple of years have psychological scientists turned their attention to non-intellectual factors that may influence unbelief.

For example, in research published last week by the American Psychological Association, two studies were conducted on relational and emotional factors that may influence those holding atheistic or agnostic views. In both studies, for instance, research participants rated, on a scale from 0 to 10, the extent to which they were influenced by “experiences of disappointment, anger, hurt, alienation, mistrust, or other negative feelings focused on God; seeing God as cruel, uncaring, or punishing.

the first of two studies, 171 American adults were asked about their reasons for nonbelief, as well as emotions they felt toward a god or gods that they hypothetically imagined, and various indicators of negative emotionality. Results showed that 54% of those who self-reported that they were atheists or agnostics indicated some relational and emotional reasons for nonbelief. In the second study, 72% of 429 American adults who expressed some level of atheism or agnosticism endorsed similar reasons. In both studies, the extent to which research participants revealed relational and emotional reasons for nonbelief was associated with various indicators of negative emotionality, such as trait anger, psychological entitlement, and fearful / preoccupied attachment styles.
...... .
None of this says anything about the truthfulness of the existence of God, or lack thereof. However, it does add evidence to the view that non-intellectual factors are implicated in religious beliefs - whether those beliefs affirm or deny the existence of the supernatural.
”""""

To read the whole article, see
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-pursuit-peace/201603/the-new-psychology-atheism

I am sure that someone has published something to the contrary, which would also be interesting.
 Jo van
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/6/2016 4:11:09 PM

for instance, research participants rated, on a scale from 0 to 10, the extent to which they were influenced by “experiences of disappointment, anger, hurt, alienation, mistrust, or other negative feelings focused on God; seeing God as cruel, uncaring, or punishing.

You've excelled yourself this time Dee.
That's like asking:
Yes, but if you had a pet unicorn, would he be a happy unicorn, or an angry unicorn

I'm more interested in the reasons for belief, in the complete absence of any evidence,
except for the "word"/books, of the charlatans/sales-people who make a living, from your belief.
Some of those "churches" make Trump Towers look "austere".

Would you also like to know why I don't believe there's a llama in my living room?
-Or a crocodile in my kitchen?

I'll tell you anyway:
It's not because of any "emotional reasons", or because I was disappointed that I didn't get a bike for xmas, when I was 7, and it's not because I don't "trust" the imaginary crocodile,
or because I think the imaginary llama might be "cruel",
-it's just that there's no fvcking evidence!!

It's not difficult Dee.
Just read this shit, before you post it.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/6/2016 4:27:26 PM
Sure there is evidence..your being in the here and now and conscious. You just attribute that to the universe being perfectly suited to the existence of matter, likes suns and planets...life developing out of nothing into single cell creatures..which then evolved into you...over just a few billion years. Let's ignore the probability of that happening being as close to zero as it could be though because there is no evidence of any other possibility. Do I get that right? In a pigs eye.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/6/2016 5:04:41 PM
Now Jo is engaging in cap lock war and BOLD. Game on
Unicorns are always happy btw
 deetristate
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/6/2016 6:50:55 PM
Thanks, Irish. I mean Jo Van.

Your emotional, angry, cursing, defensive response goes to the heart of the research presented.

Thanks!!!!

Add to that the projection that YOU do not read entire articles and therefore assume no one else does.
See, we don't avoid portions with which we don't agree.
We also don't get all emotional about it. See?

OF COURSE you are more interested in the reasons for belief. That way you don't have to look too hard at yourself.

I get that. I truly understand and accept that about you.

Also, thanks for the compliment.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2016 12:21:56 AM
The hocus pocus is going on, right in this forum.

That's my premonition.
 Jo van
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/7/2016 4:04:46 AM

Sure there is evidence..your being in the here and now and conscious. You just attribute that to the universe being perfectly suited to the existence of matter, likes suns and planets...life developing out of nothing into single cell creatures..which then evolved into you...over just a few billion years. Let's ignore the probability of that happening being as close to zero as it could be though because there is no evidence of any other possibility. Do I get that right? In a pigs eye.

The "probability of that happening ", is actually 100%, because it DID happen.

The chances of it happening again, elsewhere, might be one in a billion, but as there's trillions of other entire galaxies, the chances are; it has already happened.
I'm not making this shit up.
Evolution happened.
Get over it.

Your emotional, angry, cursing, defensive response goes to the heart of the research presented.

Thanks!!!!

And your continued 'ad hominem' drivel further proves that you have no real actual arguments.
Thanks.
BTW <---- that isn't an indication of "angry".
HTH

Religions prey (npi) on the vulnerable, the damaged, and the dying.
Every JW or "mormon" who has knocked on my door, and I've spent time talking to, were either former alcoholics, or junkies, or had had mental health issues.
That's a scientific fact, from my own survey, of over 5 people.

Maybe they 'needed' the "crutch" of religion, but they were actually helping themselves.
Their strength to overcome their problems came from within them. Not from magic fairies.
Religion is just a placebo.
Religions are fundamentally dishonest, and exploitative.

Religions all believe in "premonitions" too.
See the list of failed predictions I posted earlier.

Maybe Dee or Tom could provide such a list, of ones they got right.
Instead of getting angry........ at the evidence
Have a nice day.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/7/2016 5:04:47 AM
First, there are 100,000 galaxies in our universe...trillions only if you accept the multiverse theory...but more importantly you still don't understand evolution. Living organisms may evolve over time into new organisms but rocks do not evolve into humanbeings. Given time may be infinite in the multI universe scheme, it's far more likely our designers evolved in a different universe if not our own. To think our laws of physics just happened, especially at the Quantum level...ridiculous. Claiming the religious all have some sort of mental issues...very telling about how you think.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/7/2016 5:42:30 AM
I find it delightful that you chose" God is gracious" as a nick and then attack all people who follow a religion or hold strong beliefs.
All the Witnesses I know were born and raised as such, no problems that you speak of ( but hey the survey says)
My Premonition is that you are merely a SDer. :)
Gut feeling. Feel it in my bones, etc.
Have a blessed day John :/
 BeckyHT
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2016 7:59:39 AM

First, there are 100,000 galaxies in our universe...trillions only if you accept the multiverse theory...but more importantly you still don't understand evolution. Living organisms may evolve over time into new organisms but rocks do not evolve into humanbeings. Given time may be infinite in the multI universe scheme, it's far more likely our designers evolved in a different universe if not our own. To think our laws of physics just happened, especially at the Quantum level...ridiculous. Claiming the religious all have some sort of mental issues...very telling about how you think.

I’ll correct you here. There aren’t 100,000 galaxies… astronomers using the Hubble Space telescope now estimate between one and two trillion galaxies in the observable universe. Note that last term, ’observable universe’. When the dots get so small out there, the ‘edge’ of what we can detect, it still goes on beyond there, so it’s likely unknown how many more are out there. And the article says just this.
http://gizmodo.com/we-were-very-wrong-about-the-number-of-galaxies-in-the-1787750693

Their guess as to the number of stars…. 700 sextillion. Start counting, you probably can’t count that high. 700,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

So where is anybody’s ‘God or Allah’ right now? Seriously, of those who believe in this unnatural god (supernatural, some force beyond the scientific laws of our universe), where is it? Which planet is this deity tending to today? And this deity is still watching every move each of us make?
My pee brain is thinking, if there is this ‘unnatural god’, this deity must be Huge, big enough to extend across 700,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets. After all, my thought is as valid as every other hocus pocus thought.

Go ahead believers, make Him personal again… particularly for those who say they’ve seen Him or that they’ve communicated with Him. Gads.

Coffee seems so real this morning.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/7/2016 8:20:14 AM
Deity prolly watching you a little harder Becky LOL j/k
Maybe is is a HER :)
Coffee is always real
In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 deetristate
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/7/2016 9:58:55 AM
A believer believes whether others do or not.

Nonbelivers seem to rely on convincing others not to believe or ridiculing believers in order to remain disbelievers.

The anger and venom is also ever present in those nonbelivers represented here.

I live the technique of asking people to prove something. It shows that you don't get what belief is all about.

You rely on the stereotypes to make you feel secure in your attitude about believers.

Sort of like klansmen relying on stereotypes to support their position

(Bet you five bucks it's GTO first)

Interesting article by rabbi wolpe in the Huffington Post about anger and atheists.
 Walts
Msg: 98
Posted: 12/7/2016 11:06:28 AM

I live the technique of asking people to prove something. It shows that you don't get what belief is all about.

I know you won't but, I'm gonna ask anyways. WTF does those two sentences mean???? I'll give you a moment to reread and then maybe, rewrite?????

Is it belief?
Or is it faith?

I don't think they are one and the same.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/7/2016 11:35:37 AM
"So where is anybody’s ‘God or Allah’ right now? Seriously, of those who believe in this unnatural god (supernatural, some force beyond the scientific laws of our universe), where is it? "

If everything that exists is INSIDE the "mind " and/or "imagination" of a " supreme being " ... that would explain omnipotence would it not ?
 Tomfiend
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/7/2016 1:30:57 PM
well Becky,with a trillion or two or more galaxies in our Universe alone, that is even more of a wonderment about where all that matter came from, is it not?

Besides, I personally never said anything about a "personal" God. I don't personally believe there is a God out there making a list of who is bad and who is good. I personally believe, as Einstein did, in Spinoza's God. But that begs the point which is that we have not the foggiest notion about hardly anything in the macro or quantum worlds when it comes to the Universe. We will learn more as time goes by as telescopes get larger, but it is unlikely we are going to find God living on a planet somewhere. Hard to imagine a Universal God taking up residence on a free floating Rock in space imho.

In the end, I don't believe this was all caused by just random chance. I don't believe evolution alone accounts for life and evolvement into all of the creatures who live on or in the planet Earth.

Jovan seems to have a pathological need to deny the existence of God. He even points to DNA to prove that all creatures are related . .thereby all evolved from common ancestors, not recognizing that they all evolved from a common but intelligent design.

No skin off my nose what people choose to believe or not. I am simply giving my opinion that the odds of our being here are astronomical and therefore because we are here, the odds are much better that there is a superior entity responsible for it all. Doesn't mean I see any need to pray to this superior entity. I just accept that I will never know or understand it.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Has anyone had a premonition?