Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > 1 month again returns but does he want to date me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aintnodeal
Msg: 451
view profile
History
1 month again returns but does he want to date me?Page 19 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)

Sorry for posting again after I stuck up for you with that stupid tranny post and trying to reassure you that we don't hate you. And sorry for complimenting you.

So this means you really didn't give a crap whether you were helping or not - since you took it all back on the first perceived slight. It you were truly altruistic and generous, you'd help people without a requirement of reward or praise.

Thank you for revealing your phonyness.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 452
1 month again returns but does he want to date me?
Posted: 1/15/2017 5:22:22 PM

I am independent

You rely on others for food, shelter, money, transportation. You dont make your own decisions. You are not independent.
 Kj521
Msg: 453
Posted: 1/15/2017 5:27:56 PM
Aintnodeal?

It is quite arguable that "true altrusim" exists.

But Ms. Nancy has a truly kind heart.....and in my opinion, is close as it gets. :)

Everyone could benefit from a little Dr. Phil......you can't change what you don't first acknowledge. Just the way it is.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 454
Posted: 1/15/2017 5:31:14 PM
I can't believe you all are still replying her.
 nataly66687
Msg: 455
Posted: 1/15/2017 7:41:42 PM

You rely on others for food, shelter, money, transportation. You dont make your own decisions. You are not independent.

You are wrong I am independent. Yes I live at home and I make money from my everyday job and job at home helping my parents because they are getting older so they need my help. And I use public transit to get around I don't have my parents giving me rides all the time. They do it when they can, otherwise I am always using the buses and subways to get around and to get to work too. And I cook my own meals as well as cook for my parents, and clean up around the house too. So yes I make my own decisions.
 Aussiebythebay
Msg: 456
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2017 8:03:19 PM

So this means you really didn't give a crap whether you were helping or not - since you took it all back on the first perceived slight. It you were truly altruistic and generous, you'd help people without a requirement of reward or praise.

Thank you for revealing your phonyness.

What? I have nothing against you, aintnodeal but what made you come out with that?

I stuck up for Natalie and I meant what I said. We don't hate her and we listen to her and respond accordingly. Helping people doesn't need the spoken word of "Thank you." I didn't ask for that did I? I said our faces are getting bruised from being slapped in the face when we try to help you. If I was phony I would have told her to shove it a long time ago but I won't. I actually care about this young lady.
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 457
Posted: 1/15/2017 8:11:36 PM
Well, you don't pay rent, because you fought with your mom over giving her money for the household.

What happens when you flip a light switch?
Does the light come on?

How do you suppose that happens?

How do you cook meals?

Are you boiling water for top Ramen over a can of sterno?

No?

I guess you are using the stove and refrigerator.

What happens when you open the door to the refrigerator?

Is there food in there?
Where did it come from?

Do you take the bus to the store and buy groceries?

No?

Does the grocery fairy stock the refrigerator?

Hmmm ...

I guess you run through the neighbors' sprinklers when you need a shower, because I'm betting you don't pay a water bill, or any other bill for that matter.

What a strange definition of "independent."

I am always using the buses and subways to get around and to get to work too.

You said you worked at home, on the internet.

Yes. Here it is:
01/05/2017 Msg 277:
I am working, I work from home, I help my parents around the house hold, they appreciate that I do that for them, I have other friends who help their families at home as well as work from home too or do other jobs. As long as I am working is what matters, which I am working, I do work online, and I make money from it.

So, now you have a new job that requires you to commute by bus?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 458
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2017 8:14:43 PM
Being independent -- no, you don't need a car when there's public transit to suit your needs.

Being independent, it means you don't rely on others to get by Comfortably in life. It means you can afford to live in your own place, and you can Comfortably get by without having others pay for some of your food, utilities, accessories, etc., and other things. You could still live at parents' house and be independent, as long as you don't rely on them to get by in life and you Could move out tomorrow if you wanted to or had to -- and afford all utilities and fend for yourself 100%.

It's OK not to be Fully independent, when working your way up and progressing. Not the best for dating when one's 25+ years old, but people go thru transition times.

Gals want guys who are independent. Meaning he doesn't in any way financially rely on Anyone else to make it in day to day life. He doesn't have to be rich, but he fends for himself 100%. Guys want that out of girls. They're obviously willing to have more leeway, but only so much. Like if she has kids and does need that child support to make it day to day -- that's tolerated. Or if that's not the reason, but she's really hot and otherwise reasonably compatible - lol.

But it's good you're working your way to becoming more Independent, with a job and such. That level at least is definitely needed to have a foot in the dating market.
 Maleman999
Msg: 459
Posted: 1/15/2017 8:45:36 PM
Nataly: Would you date a guy who is as equally independent as you are? Meaning, a guy around your age who lives at home with his parents, doesn't have a vehicle who relies on either public transit or getting a ride from a parent, and makes roughly the same amount of money as you. Would you consider someone like that a good match for you? And if not, why not?
 nataly66687
Msg: 460
Posted: 1/16/2017 1:24:13 AM
Yes I would accept a guy in the same shoes as me and I would fine with it. But if I came across that way or one that was better off and he would accept me for me, the way I was currently, I would be fine with it too. I want to be able to accept the guy I date or end up with in the long run, for who they are and they accept me for who I am. And all of you please just leave me alone about my personal lifestyle alright. I am here to date and to discuss my matters in the dating realm. Thank you.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2017 7:06:02 AM

And all of you please just leave me alone about my personal lifestyle alright. I am here to date and to discuss my matters in the dating realm. Thank you.

We wouldn't know about your personal lifestyle though if you didn't keep bringing it up. So far, your whole life (or at least your version of it...) is spread over a myriad of public forums accessible to anyone who cares to look, including this one, where you've actually asked whether someone should be expected to be happy with someone who doesn't work, doesn't drive, lives at home with her parents and behaves like a thirteen year old rather than someone approaching thirty. That's information that YOU'VE provided. If you don't like people commenting on your lifestyle CHOICE, don't post about it. Same goes for your dating dilemmas.
 Maleman999
Msg: 462
Posted: 1/16/2017 7:46:07 AM

Yes I would accept a guy in the same shoes as me and I would fine with it.

Do you realize if you met someone who is in the same financial shoes as you and you and want to have a future together, you might have to work for a long time-crushing your dream of being a career stay-at-home housewife? It costs a lot of money to run a household if you and the guy get a place together. In a lot of places, it takes two paychecks, with both people requiring to make a half decent wage, to get and pay a mortgage. The days of an average Joe supporting a family and buying a house and car on his paycheck alone are pretty much long gone-unless the guy has a job making a ton of money. Or would you be looking for you or the guy to eventually inherit a house if you can't afford to buy one?
Msg: 463
Posted: 1/16/2017 8:05:45 AM
An inherited "free" house still costs money:

Homeowner's Ins
Property taxes
poss community or HOA fees

Utilities:
Water
Gas
Electric
Trash
Cable
Internet (for working on-line)
Phone (unless strictly use mobile, which Nat gets free because of qualifying for Medi-Cal)

Repairs and maintenance:
Plumbing
Electrical
Furnace
Air conditioning
Water Heater
Sprinkler system
Structural repairs (assuming they lived in Cali - earthquakes take a toll, particularly on an older post-War style bungalow in LA)

Pest control (my parents had regular spraying to control spiders, etc.)

Yard maintenance
Fertilization
Aeration
Weed treatment

Anyway, if Nat's "husband" makes any kind of money, her Medi-Cal will be in jeopardy, and besides Him having to provide health insurance, she will no longer qualify for some of the need-based "free" perks she is currently receiving courtesy of the taxpayers of the nearly bankrupt great state of California.

That may very well make any Him who is a potential candidate for taking on Nat's upkeep and maintenance have a second thought.
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 464
Posted: 1/16/2017 1:49:25 PM

An inherited "free" house still costs money:

Cable

Repairs and maintenance:
Furnace
Air conditioning
Sprinkler system

Pest control (my parents had regular spraying to control spiders, etc.)

Yard maintenance
Fertilization
Aeration
Weed treatment

The above are unnecessary. Definitely don't need cable TV. A sprinkler and yard aeration shouldn't even be allowed because of decades of drought. Don't need AC, and it probably rarely gets cold enough for a furnace. Yard maintenance can be done with hand tools.

With property values so insanely high on the West Coast, it seems easy for anyone who owns a home in an expensive area to sell the house and move somewhere with lower home values, pocketing a huge difference, enough to retire. The main problem is transients from California constantly whine about how much they hate their new location, and they try to change the area to be like California.

Not that Nataly seems to be in any financial crisis.

Anecdotal evidence suggests it's possible to make a living on much less, as shown by Mexicans who not only survive on much less than minimum wage, they're able to send back a high percentage of their meager income to the "old country". And they regularly have LTR and families.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 465
Posted: 1/16/2017 2:35:07 PM

using the buses and subways to get around and to get to work too

Inside L.A.’s Dark Network of Deserted Underground Railways
The Pacific Electric Subway Tunnel gets rediscovered

Take A Tour Of The Abandoned Subway Tunnels Beneath Los Angeles

Hmmmmm.............
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 466
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2017 3:49:46 PM
Just had a look at your latest main image, Nataly. After viewing other people's Sailor Moon cosplay costumes, I'm seriously beginning to wonder about you. I'm guessing what you're wearing came from the same aisle as the little girls' Frozen party dresses in Walmart. That isn't cosplay, it's dressing up. There isn't even a shred of irony present.

Come on now, you're trying to attract a grown man, fgs. Make an effort or reap the consequences. Up until four years ago, I was trooping with the 501st Legion, a truly legendary costuming group, but I still wouldn't have put up a photo in my stormtrooper armour on a dating profile. Either accept that you're going to come across as an odd fish and that you'll have people clicking past you or worse, exploiting you, or save this hobby for your teenage friends.

As usual, I guess you'll choose to ignore but I'm trying to bring you into awareness here.
 Aussiebythebay
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2017 3:59:06 PM
orangetiger...can you message me? My settings allow.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 468
Posted: 1/16/2017 4:25:34 PM

leave me alone about my personal lifestyle alright. I am here to date and to discuss my matters in the dating realm. Thank you.

Do you not see that your personal lifestyle and your dating matters are directly related? You cant come here to talk about one and not the other...they go hand in hand with each other. If you don't want to discuss it STOP POSTING. If you post we will call you out on your BS.
 nataly66687
Msg: 469
Posted: 1/16/2017 9:04:13 PM

Just had a look at your latest main image, Nataly. After viewing other people's Sailor Moon cosplay costumes, I'm seriously beginning to wonder about you. I'm guessing what you're wearing came from the same aisle as the little girls' Frozen party dresses in Walmart. That isn't cosplay, it's dressing up. There isn't even a shred of irony present.

Come on now, you're trying to attract a grown man, fgs. Make an effort or reap the consequences. Up until four years ago, I was trooping with the 501st Legion, a truly legendary costuming group, but I still wouldn't have put up a photo in my stormtrooper armour on a dating profile. Either accept that you're going to come across as an odd fish and that you'll have people clicking past you or worse, exploiting you, or save this hobby for your teenage friends.

As usual, I guess you'll choose to ignore but I'm trying to bring you into awareness here.

I don't care what you say, I enjoy doing what I do with my life and what you say will not bring me down. Yes I cosplay and dress up for events, so did a lot of other males and females in attendance of this event, wearing the same outfit if not similar outfits. These people being anywhere from teens to adults in their 20's to 30s.

To me showing myself or showing someone in this type of thing shows a different side of you, it shows your not afraid to express who you are, you have fun going out and doing stuff, showing how much you love something and how it makes you happy. I am happy with what I do it makes me happy and it is fun.
 starstarstarstars
Msg: 470
Posted: 1/17/2017 2:25:47 PM
Nataly, you might enjoy reading this. I know it's a bit crude.. Vulgar. But it really might help you laugh. Lighten up. ☺️

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/14159800
 Aussiebythebay
Msg: 471
view profile
History
Virtual Baseball, Because I'm Too Drunk For More Drinking Game
Posted: 1/17/2017 7:36:06 PM

I enjoy doing what I do with my life

you have fun going out and doing stuff, showing how much you love something and how it makes you happy. I am happy with what I do it makes me happy and it is fun.

I am happy with how my life is currently. This is how I want to live my life so please accept me as I am.

Now I have no one. I hate being me, no guys want me.

Dear Nat. I sincerely encourage you to stand back with eyes wide open and deep down, without all the hype of what you enjoy, really think to yourself if you are happy. Are you really really happy? Are you content to walk along your path and not look back? No regrets, disregard what people think or say and continue on your way?

Is "on your way" a path of unrelenting brambles and thorns, darkness, fear, uncertainty, doubt, heartbreak, tears and scorn? Do you think you deserve that?
Msg: 472
Virtual Baseball, Because I'm Too Drunk For More Drinking Game
Posted: 1/18/2017 7:11:50 AM
^^^ Don't you mean:

If I did not have a wife and kids (and a crappy, boring life, where my only escape is to sneak off to the computer after the family is in bed and create a fake profile so that I can repeatedly post about my desires for a fantasy relationship), I would court and woo Nataly and make her my life partner and wife. ??

The course of true love never did run smooth.
 gtomustang
Msg: 473
Posted: 1/18/2017 7:18:47 AM
^^^I thought he meant, if I had a bunny wabbit I would hug him and pet him and name him George.

gosh, everyone's so hate filled. Why can't a woman just fantasize about exchanging her parents' basement for Prince Charming's castle and hearing those loving words,

it puts the lotion in the basket.
Msg: 474
Posted: 1/18/2017 8:11:10 AM
O.K. you're a masochist.
That costs extra, ya know.

You live in La Jolla, 2 hr 30 min from Glendale.
Just send her bus fare!

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 475
Posted: 1/18/2017 8:22:57 AM
Back in the day ... all over La Jolla , among other places, everyone went surfin....surfin USA

No really, it's true....according to Brian Wilson
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > 1 month again returns but does he want to date me?