Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > 1 month again returns but does he want to date me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Etritonakin
Msg: 101
view profile
History
at least CONSIDER the possibility!Page 5 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
Honestly... sincerely.... you are not getting it!

He is not required to talk to you -and a week is not a long time, unless you are already in a serious relationship or have had at least one date and arrived at some understanding about seeing each other again -and he still would not owe you any communication whatsoever -though at THAT point, you might reasonably have something to ask about. You should be happy he did contact you after the other confusing conversation.

You are saying HE INITIATED CONTACT. He sent you a kissy face and said he was lonely -that is showing interest -that is being flirty -that is being fun.

You are saying he previously asked you TOMORROW OR SUNDAY. He showed interest and tried to make a date!
You made things difficult and confusing!

YOU ARE NOT MAKING ANY MOVES! You are stopping a potentially awesome and flirty conversation before it gets started! You are stopping dates before they happen! He is making moves and you are not allowing them!
 nataly66687
Msg: 102
at least CONSIDER the possibility!
Posted: 12/11/2016 11:05:52 AM

Honestly... sincerely.... you are not getting it!

He is not required to talk to you -and a week is not a long time, unless you are already in a serious relationship or have had at least one date -and he still would not owe you any communication whatsoever -though at THAT point, you might reasonably have something to ask about. You should be happy he did contact you after the other confusing conversation.

You are saying HE INITIATED CONTACT. He sent you a kissy face and said he was lonely -that is showing interest -that is being flirty -that is being fun.

You are saying he previously asked you TOMORROW OR SUNDAY. He showed interest and tried to make a date!
You made things difficult and confusing!

YOU ARE NOT MAKING ANY MOVES! You are stopping a potentially awesome and flirty conversation before it gets started! You are stopping dates before they happen! He is making moves and you are not allowing them!

Did you not read the first topic regarding the first date? I asked him for the first date should we hang tomorrow or Sunday and we agreeed on Sunday, and then I asked him if we were going to hang out afterall and he said that next week would be better, but next week came and went and nothing happened.

Yeah he shows me a kissy face and says he's lonely. But hey if he is that lonely then he should be saying "hey I'm lonely I wanna be with you, i'm going to come see you". But yet NO he doesn't say that stuff.
 sun___flower
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Pickles
Posted: 12/11/2016 11:18:57 AM
Seki
Nancy By The Bay *poof* ?!?!?

She's gone? She just started a thread yesterday.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 104
Pickles
Posted: 12/11/2016 11:23:35 AM
This one is for you Sun flower :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpR8r0D2EyY
 JS3344
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Pickles
Posted: 12/11/2016 11:28:43 AM
if he was into you, he'd send a devil face followed by an angel face followed by a smiley......
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 106
The Pickle Raft Bluez
Posted: 12/11/2016 11:31:42 AM
You seem to be operating under a misconception he would stop initiating contact if you communicate with him first. In reality, he will probably message you unsolicited / first *more* after you message him first. This is because he should get more confident.

Try it. Send him an enthusiastic message now. The only way you can prove us wrong is if you try and message him, then you don't hear from him. What will probably happen is he will message you more, especially if you reply to those messages well.
 Etritonakin
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2016 11:44:12 AM
HIM: "So. Tomorrow or Sunday?"

ME: "I don't know. I heard it was going to rain this weekend. lol"

"Did you not read the first topic regarding the first date? I asked him for the first date should we hang tomorrow or Sunday and we agreeed on Sunday, and then I asked him if we were going to hang out afterall and he said that next week would be better, but next week came and went and nothing happened.

Yeah he shows me a kissy face and says he's lonely. But hey if he is that lonely then he should be saying "hey I'm lonely I wanna be with you, i'm going to come see you". But yet NO he doesn't say that stuff."

Well, there ya go -problem solved -he didn't say the exact words you want to hear -so he's obviously not for you.
(that was sarcasm -as probably was his comment the next week about it being rainy)
 Etritonakin
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2016 11:46:01 AM
A few months ago, I dated this one guy for 1 month, but things didn't work out between us. Then the week of Thanksgiving he messages me online and we both started talking again, and wanted to date one another again. This is the chat we had about trying to set up our first date together.
 sun___flower
Msg: 109
view profile
History
OP Opened A Peck Of Pickle Jars
Posted: 12/11/2016 12:10:19 PM

This one is for you Sun flower :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpR8r0D2EyY

Ooh, nice, BCC - classic H&O! Thx! #iseewhatyoudidthere
 Etritonakin
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2016 12:21:30 PM
I did miss the part about the month of dating -or I put it out of my mind and moved on -which may also be a good idea for you. If it didn't work out well -start over. The rest was still valid.

You may know the exact situation better than we do -but if you are going to seek advice, then you ought to consider the responses.
We can only respond to what is written -and what is written is him initiating contact and trying to make dates.

You may have valid points about certain things, but so do other people.
Sometimes, the whole world can be wrong while you are right -but we're all essentially saying the same thing, and at the very least we're not completely wrong. He may not be doing things perfectly, but you always have to consider what you are not doing perfectly in order to have a happy relationship of any kind.

I have done and said the same sort of things you wrote that you said and did -so don't think I'm putting you down.
It's not easy to see our own part in how things turn out.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/11/2016 12:43:16 PM
Etritonakin

You may know the exact situation better than we do -but if you are going to seek advice, then you ought to consider the responses.

If you read any of OP's numerous threads (obviously not including the numerous threads that have been deleted), this particular OP is infamous for 2 things: 1) NOT following anyone's advice and 2) throwing hissy fits when anyone gives advice she doesn't want. She is here for the attention, or trolling. Not sure which.
 Etritonakin
Msg: 112
view profile
History
meh
Posted: 12/11/2016 2:30:58 PM
It's possible we don't get the actual situation -but otherwise, I persist because it sometimes takes quite a while for things to "click" with me -and then when I say "Ohhhhhhh... I get it now", everyone throws up their hands.
That may not be the case here, but one realization can change a great deal.

She may be right about him, but we can all use good advice about ourselves along the way.

I can also explain things in great depth without getting my point across -so......
 aintnodeal
Msg: 113
view profile
History
The Pickle Raft Bluez
Posted: 12/11/2016 3:20:09 PM

Why should I be making all the moves all the time?

Why? Because you said you want a boyfriend, that's why. Because sometimes you have to do things that are "oh, bother!" in order to get what you want. Because you've tried WAITING, and that doesn't seem to work for you, particularly with this guy.
 nataly66687
Msg: 114
The Pickle Raft Bluez
Posted: 12/12/2016 9:41:39 AM
Well I have gone ahead and messaged this guy and him and I are chatting sort of, most of the time he "reads" my messages according to Facebook and rarely replies back. So that upsets me a bit but have to get what you can get.
 Etritonakin
Msg: 115
view profile
History
The Pickle Raft Bluez
Posted: 12/12/2016 10:00:39 AM

Yeah he shows me a kissy face and says he's lonely. But hey if he is that lonely then he should be saying "hey I'm lonely I wanna be with you, i'm going to come see you". But yet NO he doesn't say that stuff.

Perhaps..... Consider it a scheduling issue -maybe -if you talk again -say something like... "Rather than make a date for a later time, let me know when you want to go out right then and there -and if I am free, drop by and we'll choose a place or activity when you get here."
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 116
The Pickle Raft Bluez
Posted: 12/12/2016 10:35:14 AM
Etritonakin welcome to the forum. You'll quickly find trying to talk to Nat will make you want to beat your head on your keyboard.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 117
The Pickle Raft Bluez
Posted: 12/12/2016 11:22:41 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^

.......beat your head on your keyboard.

LOL, No pluto, not MY head. No self inflicted pain is desired. Now.................Oh never mind, I'll behave.

It's true Etritonakin, there is years of history here, history available elsewhere, there is miles of posting, a hundred or so have given advice, many have offered help, and yet?

Self-explanatory.
 sun___flower
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Pickles In Paradise
Posted: 12/12/2016 11:26:42 AM
Moon
hey if I could post it in here in all of you alls honor I would have. took a pic of a place in front of the Christmas festival art bazaar here in St. John's. it's called pickles in paradise. I thought of you all.

Hee!

BCC, is that a pickle in your raft, or are you just happy to see me? :-P
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 119
view profile
History
The Pickle Raft Bluez
Posted: 12/12/2016 11:32:41 AM
I get the distinct impression that once Nataly has hooked someone into a messaging frenzy, she keeps messaging until they're worn out or bored rigid.

... most of the time he "reads" my messages according to Facebook and rarely replies back. So that upsets me a bit but have to get what you can get.

The fact that Nataly tells us that she monitors his replies and takes notes tells me that she gets preoccupied with anyone who shows her attention. Taking what she can get, even though she's not happy about it, is another pointer to having issues with relationships which stem from her childhood. Moaning about having to do all the running around (when she's actually doing anything but) is another. She likes to punish her men when they don't play ball and when their attentiveness isn't focused totally on her. Just as she does with us. That does not make for a happy marriage. Any suitor is going to be mightily disappointed when she starts withholding sexual favours when he comes home from the office an hour late and finds the corned beef hash burnt in the oven because she wouldn't take it out until he got there.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 120
Pickles In Paradise
Posted: 12/12/2016 11:49:15 AM
"BCC, is that a pickle in your raft, or are you just happy to see me?"

You'll know I'm happy when it looks like a CUCUMBER

; )
 sun___flower
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Pickles In Paradise
Posted: 12/12/2016 11:58:06 AM
^^^ Haha - good to know.
 maybeebaybee1
Msg: 122
1 month again returns but does he want to date me?
Posted: 12/12/2016 12:43:33 PM
OP, here's a quote that you probably should commit to memory:

If a man wants you, wild horses couldn't drag him away from you ...

If a man doesn't want you, wild horses couldn't drag him to you.

You will always know if a man is interested. Unfortunately, with your "no sex before marriage" rule, at your age, probably most of them are going to lose interest pretty quickly.
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 123
Posted: 12/12/2016 12:55:38 PM

Etritonakin welcome to the forum. You'll quickly find trying to talk to Nat will make you want to beat your head on your keyboard.

And yet the air-guzzling troll is one of its most popular posters and receives the most attention on this forum. Funny, that.

Do y'all follow the Kardashians' every publicity move too?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/12/2016 1:39:47 PM
Prolly :/ It was when she pulled the " fine I'll kill myself"
Betting this new BF about as real as Santa
No he doesn't want to date you Nat, move along
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/12/2016 2:12:49 PM
Does he know her menstrual cycle?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > 1 month again returns but does he want to date me?