Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > There's no such thing as an "atheist."      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kidreason29
Msg: 426
There's no such thing as an atheist.Page 18 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)

nope...I asked you to give me a name of an omni-being...even a fictional name...even a name in a comic book so that we could apply it to your Nosim theory ...and those posts lead to your admission that "Omni-Beings are hypothetical"

This is an example of The Age of Trump (Bamboozle-ism)
you post something then claim you didn't post it when the post is right there that you did post it

you got busted in a lie trying to deceive ...it's no way you can squirm out of this

do like they do on Perry Mason ....jump up and confess

this is only a way for you to ignore everything else that has been said since then
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 427
There's no such thing as an atheist.
Posted: 2/7/2017 11:27:28 AM
Do you masturbate while reading the crap you type?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 428
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2017 4:24:28 PM
Why, yes, yes I do. What I type is so awesome, it makes me horny. I love to read it and stroke myself. Mmmm....good times.
 gingerosity
Msg: 429
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2017 3:10:11 AM
I like to type crap about masturbating at the thought of masturbating while reading the crap I type.

And I for one am glad this thread is finally tackling the really important things in life.
 kidreason29
Msg: 430
Posted: 2/8/2017 4:31:03 AM
my last name is bates, now call me your master, you'll be the butler and ill tell you what to do, now fetch me some some more ad hominems, because you are the butt of your own comment

are they mad? I'm not sure, you can't argue with me, I've taken both sides, just look at funchesf, he doesn't know what to say anymore

kid 1: everyone else: 0
 funchesf
Msg: 431
Posted: 2/8/2017 7:09:01 AM

Posted By: kidreason29
this is only a way for you to ignore everything else that has been said since then

How Rude

if your accusation of my (ignore-ism) was true I wouldn't have been able to catch you in a bold face lie ...ooops ...er.. I meant a bold type lie

also you told me to refer to your laws of nothing and everything failing to realize that when you first presented those laws you also claimed that Gods are hypothetical ...the fact that you now claim that your intent were not to make such a statement is the lie you were caught in

if you deny this,... I could present the link in which you stated that "God are Hypothetical" .. or I could be bluffing ...because with all the threads you posted in.... how could I possibly find that one statement ...also if I can present that statement you should be flattered that at least one person read all your "Nosim" nonsense

THE DEAL
if you ask me to present the link and it proves that you did indeed claim that "Omni-Beings are hypothetical" ...you in return must sign the surrender papers and admit to lying

also you new religious concept that "God does and doesn't exist" is in fact not a new concept ...it's Agnosticism

all your posts pertaining to the concept that "God does and doesn't exist" is just your version of "The Cosmological Argument"

"The Cosmological Argument" is how you can alway spot an Agnostic , they lack the "Free Will" not to present that Argument

an Agnostic will claim that you can't prove that God doesn't exist but they won't claim Faith that God does exist which equates to your concept that "God does and doesn't exist" ..it makes you an Agnostic

you can't argue with me, I've taken both sides

Agnosticism
 kidreason29
Msg: 432
Posted: 2/8/2017 8:09:45 AM

if your accusation of my (ignore-ism) was true I wouldn't have been able to catch you in a bold face lie ...ooops ...er.. I meant a bold type lie

hypothetical concepts exist in my head

also you new religious concept that "God does and doesn't exist" is in fact not a new concept ...it's Agnosticism

if you think the ism I refer to is agnosticism, then you don't understand the ism, agnosticism is only a partial ism of the whole, it also contains atheism/theism and pantheism. Study my laws and you will experience the truth
 funchesf
Msg: 433
Posted: 2/8/2017 10:13:42 AM

hypothetical concepts exist in my head

apparently hypothetical Omni-Beings also exist in your head

as Hannibal Lecter would say ...you ate his Liver with some "Omni-Beings" and a nice Chianti

if you think the ism I refer to is agnosticism, then you don't understand the ism

you just admitted to playing both sides ...that's what Agnostics do

you believe yourself to be safe with that "God does and doesn't exist stuff" but when someone strap on a bomb vest and/or kill people in the name of something they can't prove exist you're just as guilty because you help create the atmosphere for such beliefs to thrive ...

that "God does or doesn't exist" not only makes you an Agnostic...it also makes you part of "The God Delusion"
 kidreason29
Msg: 434
Posted: 2/8/2017 3:52:36 PM

you believe yourself to be safe with that "God does and doesn't exist stuff" but when someone strap on a bomb vest and/or kill people in the name of something they can't prove exist you're just as guilty because you help create the atmosphere for such beliefs to thrive ...

word; who said the god i refer to was that one you refer to in this quote, not me, someone doing something in the name of X has nothing to do with it.

pantheism, everything is god,
atheism, god doesn't exist,
theism, god does exist,
agnosticism, i don't know god

are all correct in my ism, my ism is of a quantum-ism, I haven't given it a name yet, but it isn't Noism, that is an ism that omni's themselves have, which a human could only experiences for a given few moments. I dare not to explain it all, don't want you stealing my ideas, I'll be the founder of the new-age ism, and it will transcend all binary arguments(which you've realized just a post ago)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 435
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2017 4:18:48 PM

atheism, god doesn't exist

A little too far there. Atheism: I merely lack the belief that god(s) in fact exists (significant difference than your label).

It's not necessarily completely separate from agnosticism. Theist vs Non-Theist (a-theist) is Easy. Theist is a simple term -- a belief that god(s) in fact exists. Not probably exists... not probable, not kinda probable, not far-fetched-but-possible -- but Yes, God Does Exist. Don't fit that? You're not a theist. You're an atheist.

Most atheists are NOT anti-theist (belief that god does Not exist). Most atheists are actually Agnostic by the street term ("I don't know"), going by agnostic meaning "without knowledge".

But agnostic is trickier because it's assuming gnostic = with [sufficient] knowledge, hence a-gnostic = without [sufficient] knowledge. Which it does, but UNLIKE theist -- it has Two definitions. One is in fact in reference to just knowledge that can pertain in different contexts, not even relating to anything spiritual. The other is in relation to Gnosticism -- which has different various ways of looking at it, stemming from some ancient religion of Knowing God by being connected spirtually with him/it, etc.

So with this, it's allowed, unlike theist & a-theist, to carry different definitions. In one form, one can be theist+agnostic ("I do not know if God exists or not, but sh!t, I believe he does in fact exist.")....

... but basically, but basic understanding, which usually would have to be clarified -- it = One who doesn't believe that a god in fact exists, because they believe they Cannot Know (Huxley's Definition), or that they don't know if god exists or not.
 kidreason29
Msg: 436
Posted: 2/8/2017 5:23:53 PM

Atheism: I merely lack the belief that god(s) in fact exists (significant difference than your label).

but still you didn't explain/define belief, I'd like to hear your answer, then I'll tell you mine
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 437
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2017 12:03:03 AM

but still you didn't explain/define belief, I'd like to hear your answer, then I'll tell you mine

You asked me to define 'true', which I did, and before that -- dunno if it was from you -- but I was rambling on about belief, so I did explain it -- whether it was to your liking or not. :)

To believe is to accept as true/valid/accurate.

Stepping away from theological concepts to make it on a neutral subject from which people can have emotional ties: In a neighborhood, a liquor store gets robbed by a masked man. Some people are saying Joe, who does not have a good reputation in the area, robbed the liquor store. Some are saying he did Not. Some, can't say for sure, so they don't hold a belief either way. But they can hold beliefs about Liklihood, which is Different (as long as the liklihood isn't roughly As high as 'true'; I'm not trying to split hairs). Some may not even have beliefs on Liklihood if they're new in town.

Bob believes Joe robbed the liquor store [believer of Joe robbing liquor store; non-believer of Joe NOT robbing liquor store]

Jim believes Joe did NOT rob the liquor store, and argues with Bob [non-believer of Joe robbing liquor store; believer of Joe NOT robbing liquor store]

Kim does not hold the belief that Joe robbed the liquor store -- she just moved here. Fvck if she knows. [non-believer of Joe robbing liquor store; non-believer of Joe NOT robbing liquor store]

Billy: He thinks Joe could have done it. If he had to bet in Vegas, he'd bet Joe did it. But that doesn't mean he's a Believer of Joe robbing the liquor store. He doesn't hold the belief that Joe DID rob it. Hence, he's also like Kim -- he's a non-believer that Joe did rob the liquor store, and he's a non-believer that Joe did Not rob the liquor store. He realizes it Could go either way, Just Like Kim -- even though he Separately Believes that Joe doing it has more credence than Joe not having done it.

I think many tend to say IRL, after hearing Billy out, "Billy believes Joe did it,".... when no, he believes Joe more likely did it. Difference.
 gingerosity
Msg: 438
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2017 1:05:16 AM
Bring Bob and Jim in and make them sweat. Sounds like at least one of them has some beans to spill... or they're stupid enough to deserve some cell time anyway.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 439
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2017 5:37:41 AM

I dare not to explain it all, don't want you stealing my ideas,

You probably needn't be concerned. People tend usually to steal things that have some value.
 kidreason29
Msg: 440
Posted: 2/9/2017 6:48:14 AM

You probably needn't be concerned. People tend usually to steal things that have some value.

how dare you, you lyingcheat, didn't you see at post #427 my ideas are masturbatory worthy? can't you see this is how I get off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHjfhOdZWaM
 funchesf
Msg: 441
Posted: 2/9/2017 6:51:33 AM

who said the god i refer to was that one you refer to in this quote, not me

it doesn't matter which God you were referring to since all Omni-Beings fall under the title of God ...it's in their Union rule book

as long as you insinuate that Gods exist you become part of "The God Delusion" and therefore become responsible for both the good and the atrocities that followers commit in the name of God

but for the sake of argument in post (411) you did refer to the "First Creator" .... and the First Creator is the God in the Koran which means you are Muslim at heart ..so I guess the appropriate thing to say to you is "As-Salaam-Alaikum"
 kidreason29
Msg: 442
Posted: 2/9/2017 7:52:39 AM
what if I believe myself an atheist, but still pray to 'god' in those dire moments of need?

It leads me to believe, beliefs cannot be accessed through conscious thought. If you want to alter your beliefs, you are going to have to do a lot more than just say " I do/don't believe X". It is like saying you can access your subconscious programming through conscious thought.

a belief, requires a believer, a thinker behind the thought, except there is no thinker, just the thought itself

if I completely forget my I, or ego, by entering a rapid state of computation, I become the computation, not the calculator.

truth is defined within the system it is in, when within the system, I don't need to believe it to use it, but outside of the system I could believe it or not 'true'

now as you see, atheism required one to define belief, and belief requires a definition of true.

I could make up my own system of truths absent of any beliefs, math is my proof
 funchesf
Msg: 443
Posted: 2/9/2017 10:03:27 AM

what if I believe myself an atheist, but still pray to 'god' in those dire moments of need?

then you're either lying to yourself or you're delusional ....sorry...but ..er.. Delusional might be the better option

It leads me to believe, beliefs cannot be accessed through conscious thought. If you want to alter your beliefs, you are going to have to do a lot more than just say " I do/don't believe X". It is like saying you can access your subconscious programming through conscious thought.

you're confusing conscious thought with inherent programming

now as you see, atheism required one to define belief

nope.it's the other way around ....it's "religious belief" that defines Atheism..that is why I asked the question "Which came first Atheism or Theism"? ...

so far everyone has agreed that Theism came first ....that is why it is Theism which defines Atheism ...and why to a theist an atheist is a Heathen someone in league with Satan ..

Atheism is used to validate Theism it is a means to pull people into the God Delusion .. to call oneself an Atheist is an unconscious need to keep oneself (in some shape form or fashion) connected to the Church ...either to appease or to atone

I could make up my own system of truths absent of any beliefs,

..er...remember you tried that with Noism? ...Noism did contain the right amount of Omni-Beings, hoodwinking, Bamboozling and hornswoggling to be a religious belief ....but failed because you tried to insert logic and math in place of Faith ...
 kidreason29
Msg: 444
Posted: 2/9/2017 12:41:37 PM
^
read my words with the sound of dramatic music in the background, you are just in your state of folly, unable to comprehend the immensity of my revelation, i am the new age prophet and soon i will unleash upon the world my philosophy
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 445
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2017 2:06:06 PM

Kinda like a guy saying he doesn't like his ex, and by his actions (you are what you do) and his own thoughts he doesn't... but man, he sees her with a guy kissing at the bar -- his feelings change for a hot second. Yep. Happens. Beliefs shift, sure... especially when they're not so hardened underneath it all. I believe all sorts of stuff that matters little to me if you'd ask me -- but one could show me stuff to change my mind or question it... or believe it for a bit, then go "nahhh", then not.

In your example also -- one could Not believe there really is a 'god', but in a dire emotional state -- doesn't hurt! I don't think this Will do anything, but, turn over every rock! So in that particular situation, no, he still doesn't hold the belief that god in fact exists. This all can come in different shapes and sizes.

It leads me to believe, beliefs cannot be accessed through conscious thought.

Not Accessed thru conscious thought? I think it's influenced by non-conscious thought, as many of our thoughts, beliefs, etc. are shaped by that, sure. And conscious thought analyzing things can obviously end up sorting things out to come to a more Firm conclusion to make a belief unwaivering (or waivering).

If you want to alter your beliefs, you are going to have to do a lot more than just say " I do/don't believe X".

Oh true. You'll see that "fake it 'till you make it" sort of thing. Which helps the process, gets the ball rolling, but you aren't X just by that. Same with a belief wanting to believe your son didn't kill his GF -- he had no signs he would, and how could he? -- so you can try, but underneath it all... you look on his computer with his emails and his journal, and the bloody knife on his desk. Yep.

It is like saying you can access your subconscious programming through conscious thought.

I don't agree that's what it'd be saying. It'd be saying "I can convince myself to believe in something merely by saying it once or twice, then I'll believe it". I think our subconscious does this same game to us to Try and make us believe stuff too. YMMV on how effective it is. The more miniscule, the more effective, is my guess -- whether you're consciously trying to (encouraged subconciously; nor not) or your subconscious is doing it as you go about your life.

now as you see, atheism required one to define belief, and belief requires a definition of true.

All a belief is, is one (honestly) accepting something as true. One's belief can be tested as if they ACTUALLY believe it or not. Do I believe the sky is blue on a sunny cloudless day? Yep. That one's easy. But you point out where it's fuzzy as to what one may Actually believe or not... whether it's a belief that something is true.... or a belief that it's true that that something Could be true, instead. But yes, what's believed to true and not true -- is subject to subjective interpretation and the flawed human mind.

And math? Math's just a language. One can make errors in their math, just like errors in their deduction (consciously or subconsciously) about day to day things.
 funchesf
Msg: 446
Posted: 2/9/2017 2:26:38 PM

read my words with the sound of dramatic music in the background

perhaps music from the movie soundtrack "one flew over the cuckoo's nest"

unable to comprehend the immensity of my revelation

only because the Rosetta Stone lacks a fourth decree to decipher jibberish

i am the new age prophet and soon i will unleash upon the world my philosophy

was the philosophy handed down to you by hypothetical Omni-Beings that does and doesn't exist?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 447
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2017 4:26:01 PM

read my words with the sound of dramatic music in the background, you are just in your state of folly, unable to comprehend the immensity of my revelation, i am the new age prophet and soon i will unleash upon the world my philosophy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV0F_XiR48Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awp3-7EVM0Q

Read my words with appropriate music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUwQg30AXOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w

kidreason29
Msg: 448
Posted: 2/9/2017 4:44:17 PM

was the philosophy handed down to you by hypothetical Omni-Beings that does and doesn't exist?

It was revealed to me in a state of quantum consciousness, a spontaneous fluctuation of energy, awareness arose of the polarity of things, space like solid, solid like space, other and self. Awareness of differentiation while simultaneously aware that 'all was one', an alignment of spontaneity and simultaneity, it occurred so quick but felt as if it were infinite in time.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 449
Posted: 2/9/2017 5:38:26 PM

It was revealed to me in a state of quantum consciousness, a spontaneous fluctuation of energy, awareness arose of the polarity of things, space like solid, solid like space, other and self.

Man, you have a better chance of teaching an Octopus how to ride a bicycle....than to get through to these closed minded mental midgets about quantum consciousness!
 kidreason29
Msg: 450
Posted: 2/9/2017 6:59:07 PM
i've said enough,

June 12th 2017, is the date of the revelation, until then, nothing.
6/12/17
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > There's no such thing as an "atheist."