Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > There's no such thing as an "atheist."      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 platypus_man
Msg: 51
view profile
History
There's no such thing as an atheist.Page 3 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Oh for heaven's sake, please don't feed the trolls.
There's no such thing as an atheist.
Posted: 12/18/2016 4:39:45 AM

It is very hard for us believers to accept that there are people who go through life with an empty spirit, no hope, no one to ask for REAL spiritual guidance when they are in deep turmoil

This kind of stuff is weird. Having an empty spirit, no hope, and not having someone to ask for spiritual guidance when in turmoil. When and how did this become an intrinsic trait of an atheist? How is it that you have to think in order to believe this about someone who isn't religious?

ihopethisforkingnameworks, so in other words, you really are a dumbass. A f*cking idiot. A pu**y. You still aren't even trying to have any sense in your conversation, only a kid's type of kneejerk remarks. Grow some balls and stop jumping sideways all of the time. Step up and own up. Say something that isn't worthless.

platypus man: Either you indulge them here, or hear about them serial killing, breaking and entering, or raping somewhere out in the world.
 funchesf
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/18/2016 6:10:40 AM

Posted By: ihopethisforkingnameworks
Ok, I'll ask the question again Funchesf.

Do you believe anybody claiming to be anything makes it true?

remember.... you were supposed to "rationally' explain the difference between claiming to be an atheist and an atheist

if you can not explain the difference then you already proved that Atheist exist in MSG 3 when you claimed to have met Atheists

Posted By: ApriLikesrosasblancas
In my opinion, it is impossible to believe a REAL atheist exists!

a believer is an atheist with Faith

Faith is the ability to take one's delusions and bug others with them
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2016 7:02:56 AM

Hi Happy, don't get wrapped up in what theists believe.
Try to stay on the topic.
Can you prove that "atheists" exist?

Forking A
Try to think out of the box. Just because humans have an imagination doesn't make them anymore special than other animals. I mean humans think they are special because they have a soul. The Great Apes share 97-98% of their DNA with humans and I don't think any have a clue there is supposed to be a god. Would that make them atheists' or just unaware?
I exist therefore atheists exist. I do not need a god to explain life to me. Man created god for control of the masses. The one positive is that we have an ideal of perfection and as Vince Lombardi said " If you chase perfection you can often grasp excellence."
Posted: 12/18/2016 9:43:35 AM
Funchesf,

Your inability to comprehend the big words, is the only problem we're having.

The #1 answer in a Google search for the word claim.

claim
klam/
verb
state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof.
"he claimed that he came from a wealthy, educated family"

Claiming something is true, doesn't prove anything; and using the word to qualify a sentence typically means the claim is unproven.

That's the difference between claiming to be a master chef, and being a master chef.

Google search the word, and how to use it in a sentence.

You're here to prove "atheists" exist.

I'm not here to teach you remidial reading and comprehension skills.

Posted: 12/18/2016 9:53:41 AM
Morning Hippy, 'I exist, therefore "atheists" exist.'

Do you really believe that?

Please expound on your theory...
Posted: 12/18/2016 10:28:23 AM
Not talking about the topic, and just insulting people doesn't do anything to prove "atheists" exist.

It only proves that you're afraid to stay on topic; because you know you're not qualified to discuss it.

The guy sounds like Dylan Roof.

We're not here to rape your women.

funchesf
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/18/2016 1:43:46 PM

Funchesf,

Your inability to comprehend the big words, is the only problem we're having.

The #1 answer in a Google search for the word claim.

claim
klam/
verb
state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof.
"he claimed that he came from a wealthy, educated family"

I'm going to "teach you" why you should never get into definition debates by using your own definition against you

1.)you "claimed" there is no such thing as an atheist, typically without providing any proof making your "claim" invalid ....

(rule no 1) never get into definition debates because they will always come around and bit you in the butt as this one did

2.)your second mistake was to hide behind google and Wikipedia as a reliable source instead of relying on you own Original Thought

(look and learn) now watch me use your lack of Original Thought and hiding behind google and Wikipedia against you

THE QUESTION
why haven't you "Wikipedia" and/or "Google Cut and Paste" the term "Atheist" and point out where they are a myth????

the above are only a few of the amateurish mistakes you have made (you're not ready to run with the big dogs)
Posted: 12/18/2016 3:53:31 PM
Ok now wait a minute, funches...are you saying that you're a big dog??
 funchesf
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/18/2016 4:18:35 PM

Posted By: drinkthesunwithmyface
Ok now wait a minute, funches...are you saying that you're a big dog??

the big dogs don't hide behind or depend on definition debates, youtube, Wikipedia or Google Cut and Paste to do their thinking for them ..they use their own original thoughts

which is why I've offered you the challenge to use your own original thoughts (if any) to come up with a 'rational' scientific concept (if possible) that's not on an episode of Star trek (which so far you failed to do) ..the big dogs can
Posted: 12/18/2016 4:19:45 PM
Funchesf,

While you're bragging about being too smart to need a dictionary... you haven't proven anything.

I still don't believe "atheists" exist.
 funchesf
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/18/2016 4:53:27 PM

the burden of proof is on the one "proving the existence of "atheists."

I've stated nothing about proving the existence of Atheists ....it was you that made the "claim" that Atheist didn't exist which is why the burden of proof is on you to provide any "rational" evidence to your "claim"?

SUGGESTION
since you hide behind definitions can't you simply post the definition of Atheist to help prove your "claim" of their non-existences?
Posted: 12/18/2016 5:06:47 PM
Maybe you're right.

I'll try avoiding Google like you just recommended in MSG 60: you can Google "atheist" if you want.

I don't believe in "atheists."

norwegianguy456
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2016 5:52:19 PM

Norweigenguy, I missed the place where you supposedly proved that "atheists" exist in all of the extraneous information you posted around it.

Will you please just post the proof.

Well, you're being irrational, and trolling. I answer the questions and you act like I never did. Works in 5th grade sometimes, but not IRL. I was answering your refutations, but you irrationally adjust. Tsk tsk. I already pointed it out clear as a bell in my previous posts. Read again.
Posted: 12/18/2016 6:10:05 PM
Norway,

I answered every post by saying none of them proved anything.

So all of a sudden when you claimed you proved "atheists" exist, I was puzzled.

Please don't make me read through all those off topic Red Herrings again.

Please just post the MSG # and paragraph(s) where you claim to have proven it.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/18/2016 6:30:21 PM
IMO, the casual atheist is basically an agnostic in denial

He (or she) orchestrates this by erecting constructs that may be based on self-referent propositions (whether they realize it or not).

doesn't mean I have to believe god is reality until scientific evidence is provided.

this simplistic ^ statement made by 'HippyDippy' serves as a fair example of what I mean, but his is by no means the only one posting such remarks on these "religious" threads. What this person is expecting is that something outside our sphere of physical realm be explained or proven by empirical means, otherwise it just isn't there!

If we are defining "god" as an entity that contains entirely within itself, the REASON for its own existence, then we are talking about a being/entity whose nature cannot be comprehended by humans, nor is such a being amenable to empirical proofs.

In coming to grips with such an entity (if one chooses to do so), one must address the following propositions:

There is at least one true proposition about our Universe (call this: proposition A)

Suppose that someone states that Proposition A is 'false' (call this proposition B)

If A is false, then so is B, because B is also a proposition. If A is duly false, then there could be no true propositions anywhere; thus proposition A must be true, and if so then it is logically impossible for there to be 'no true' propositions. In short, if there exists necessary propositions, then the notion of a necessary entity existing is in no way impossible.

This is the 'crux' that many atheists choose to duck away from in order to uphold their construct. It can certainly be ignored, or for those courageous enough, it is a challenge to be addressed...as it was for A.J Ayers and Antony Flew (each in their own way, after many decades of deliberation & discorse).

Failure to genuinely confront this 'onus' concerning this matter would amount to nothing more than intellectual sophistry at best, or sheer gibberish at worst by said supporters.
 Coma_White
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2016 12:52:44 AM

Using the same burden of proof that some people require to prove the existence of God, nobody can prove that the mythical "atheist" exists.

It's really funny how often people who claim to be "atheists" try to use words like faith and belief to prove "atheists" exist.

This doesn't make sense. It's just word salad. Atheism is just a label to describe people who lack a belief. Atheism is not a belief just like not collecting stamps is not a hobby.
Posted: 12/19/2016 4:13:33 AM
I just typed "stamp collecting h" into my search box.

Guess what popped up before I could finish typing "obby?"

"Stamp Collecting, The
Most Rewarding Hobby."

But, whether or not it's a hobby... I believe there's stamp collectors, collecting stamps.

I have a few stamps myself. Some of em look pretty cool; but I don't like the way they taste and smell.

I don't believe "atheists" even exist.

You're comparing apples to oranges; and I can't taste, touch, see, or smell your oranges.

funchesf
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/19/2016 6:44:37 AM

I'll try avoiding Google like you just recommended in MSG 60

Jedi learns fast I say ......but anyway it's too late ....not posting the definition of Atheist is proof you're being deceptive

I don't believe in "atheists."

to believe is to doubt .... funches 3:16

QUESTIONS
did any of those alleged Atheists in MSG 3 that you met used the word "claim"? ....

or did you insert the word "claim"?

did every one of them say to you.... "I "claim" to be an Atheist?

if not ...then MSG 3 is proof that you have met at least one Atheist
Posted: 12/19/2016 7:50:05 AM
Blah, blah, blah...

I asked you to quote MSG 3 on pages 1 & 2.

You still never quoted the post you're questioning.

YOUR'RE still HIDING BEHIND COPY AND PASTES, by refusing to copy and paste the message you're questioning.

kidreason29
Msg: 71
Posted: 12/19/2016 7:53:36 AM
Theism + Atheism = Zero
 funchesf
Msg: 72
Posted: 12/19/2016 11:32:26 AM

ihopethisforkingnameworks

I still don't believe you
Posted: 12/19/2016 11:59:51 AM
I don't care what you claim to believe...

If you can prove "atheists" exist, then maybe we can deal with your personal opinion of me.

funchesf
Msg: 74
Posted: 12/19/2016 12:10:16 PM

I don't care what you claim to believe.

you care or you wouldn't keep asking for proof.....that's the "proof" why I don't believe you
 funchesf
Msg: 75
Posted: 12/20/2016 6:41:31 AM

Posted By: ApriLikesrosasblancas
In my opinion, it is impossible to believe a REAL atheist exists!

sorry my little lost lamb but you're being lead astray

where in the bible did The Lord Almighty, Jesus or Satan "claim" that non-believers didn't exist?

God ...to punish non-believers
Jesus ...to convert non-believers
Satan ...to tempt and turn believers into non-believers
Funches ...to place all on the path to true righteousness ...funches 3:16

with you agreeing that Atheists don't exist you are in fact acknowledging that all the ills of the World is cause by those that believe in God

FOR EXAMPLE
if Atheists are a myth that would mean that Hitler once an altar boy is in fact a Christian
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > There's no such thing as an "atheist."