Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluejia
Msg: 124
What do you think of a guy who is in a relationship and is still active on a dating site?Page 3 of 44    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

Create a fake account (with an attractive picture of someone else, could be from your friend or MySpace or whatever), message him and see what he says. You'll have your answer right there.

This test totally works, but it hurts the relationship because once you decided to conduct this test, you already have doubts with your relationship. If you really trust him, you should not even have a single thought about doing this test.
 really_nice2cu
Msg: 125
What do you think of a guy who is in a relationship and is still active on a dating site?
Posted: 4/15/2006 10:30:58 PM
I can appreciate that one could find the forums to be somewhat addictive, however I'd personally rather be spending time with that person as opposed to being on the computer and I would gladly definitely be poofing any accounts.

What I would find strange tho, is someone who supposedly had been dating someone for a year, yet they had barechested shots of themselves for that time period. Factor in that they'd eventually email you a true, more recent pic of themselves (from "hot" to "not" lol) during a flurry of "flirtatious" emails complete with all kinds of <<-- those guys..

I pity the GF in that "relationship"..if there really is one. *snicker*
 JustPeeknAround
Msg: 126
view profile
History
What do you think of a guy who is in a relationship and is still active on a dating site?
Posted: 4/16/2006 9:59:31 AM
This has happened to me as well. In a conversation one night and talking about site dating and things along that nature I happened to say that my profile was deleted and asked if he still had his going. He said “ummm, no, I don’t know, I’m not to sure”. I asked “you don’t know if your account is still out there”? He said “He hasn’t been out there since we met”. I got that funny feeling inside (the woman’s instinct thing). So I did a quick search and when I first noticed that it said he was active on the site I thought it could have been an error with the site and didn't give it another thought, until he was active again for a few more days. Then I confronted him about it and after a few stutters and such he was able to say something about him not using the site since we were together and why would he need to, that it must of been one of his 'married friends, or his friends that are in relationships' that were using his account. When I asked how they all knew his password, he said "my password isn't hard to figure out". I didn't just fall off a turnip truck so I ended that relationship quite quickly. And he was claiming I was “the one”… Some peoples children. LOL !!!!

Just for the record, I’m not saying that it’s wrong to have an active profile when you are in a relationship, you should just be honest about it if that’s the case. I realize that some use this site just for the forums and things along that nature. It wasn’t this site by the way. This one rocks !!!!!
 ChoirSparkle
Msg: 130
Posted: 4/21/2006 10:50:58 PM
i think its really stupid!!!!!
 hotptootie
Msg: 131
Posted: 4/30/2006 8:51:39 PM
Sounds like he's not committed in the relationship, he's just holding on to what he has until someone better comes along. Move on! RUN for your life!
 social dragonfly
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2006 10:51:51 AM
for last 8years I've been in a relationship

been on here since oct 05

at first there was an agenda of other motives

the forums have opened my eyes a bit more

SO now its the parties and the forums

OH AND BY THE WAY MY S/O KNOW'S I AM HERE

DONT HIDE THE FACT

if you do not trust the person you are with get out of the relationship

for all those doubters

Angelic23
Msg: 135
Posted: 5/7/2006 3:39:20 PM
Okay...heres the deal. I met this guy online, we've been talking for more than 3 mths. now. Everything appears to be great, and he says hes fallen in love with me and I the same. But he keeps mentioning these other women in our conversations..he says their just friends..but everyone keeps telling me that I should be worried. I know he loves me, but what should I do?
Am I just being paranoid?

Angelic23
 Angelic23
Msg: 136
Posted: 5/7/2006 9:26:32 PM
Thats a good idea..the fake account! Thanks for the reply.

Angelic23
 AngMMIV
Msg: 138
Posted: 5/9/2006 4:22:05 AM
OK--here is my 2 cents worth. To me the key point here should be "who is in a relationship" because this depends on what you are talking about. Now I agree that if you have actually met someone multiple times and have indeed established a relationship with the person then the need of a dating site should have vanished. However, if all you are doing is contacting others and feeling your way around then that is an entirely different matter. I will keep my options open until you show me that it is wise to do otherwise. To start with, I have found that many ladies on a dating site know how to play games too. Either they know how to play games or they don't deserve to have anybody. Such as if you contact one and don't receive any kind of reply even though, at least by their profile, you match what they say they are looking for. It is also possible that they are in a good relationship now but somehow this feeds their ego to see how many men will contact them. I will choose to wait until I see by her actions that she is serious about a relationship before I get into the relationship thing. A relationship is a great thing but that takes 2 people not 1 1/2. You may write to someone and get absolutely no reply which translates to me that she was not serious about meeting anyone(and if you are getting so many emails that you can't answer your mail, then take your profile off as you are way too busy). You shoud be courteous enough to at least answer or you shouldn't be here on this site. I may get someone who likes to talk but regardless of how many times you attempt to go a little farther than IM---say to go to dinner, play pool, etc.---then there is always an excuse or a reason not too. Well, begging I do not do---it doesn't matter how stunning you are to look at! And I only give 100% if she does! You can even get to talking with someone who constantly talks about another person---Now what is up with that?---am I supposed to be jealous when I have not even met her in person---not likely!
So no, if you are truly in a relationship then I see no need for a dating site---but you had better show by your daily actions that a continual relationship exists..........you may be drop dead gorgeous but it is better than money in the bank that I will watch your actions 100 times more than your figure.
 hotnsexy_kylie
Msg: 146
Posted: 5/15/2006 2:52:40 PM
I don't see any problem with it.
Im in a relationship and still on this site.
I just make it clear to people that i only want friendships not sex or dating.
My boyfriend is actually on this site too..
and i dont have any problem with him being on here.

kylie.
 secrtluvr
Msg: 151
Posted: 5/18/2006 8:44:44 AM
No such thing as cheating on a date. We're dating, it means we're humping, we're looking--there ain't no "relationship" until diamond rings are brandished and the "L-word" rears its ugly head. Dating means we're both playing the field and thinking about No. 1! That's why people in relationships find us so despicable; because there's something vuglar and repellent about other people's happiness.
 sparticuss
Msg: 159
Posted: 5/25/2006 4:17:48 AM
LOSE him! and fast! He's a player and seeing other women off the site no doubt. He's not that into you.....plain and simple. That's the thing with internet...they just keep looking.....and looking.....

year right yourself

Thats ONE and only one reason he's still looking.

Do you have the brains to actually think of any others? Can you think for yourself or a you a sheep. Girls who use the word "player" are all a bunch of sheep.

The man you are talking about is MY BROTHER. He's been married for 12 years and his wife has refused to sleep with him for the last 10. He hasn't divorced her because he would lose access to the kids who he absoloutely adores.

But he does kill spare time surfing dating sites, social sites, and any number of other sites.
 reeze
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2006 3:46:09 AM
Hi Keepingstep. When you started dating your guy, did you ask if he was going to continue to date other people or was it understood that you 2 are exclusive? Sometimes with men you have to draw a map. If you dont ask, they wont tell, if you know what I mean. If he is still on the site and is active, then you need to move on. Tell the next guy you meet what you expect without too much detail, just that you are a one man woman and you are looking for a one woman man.
 uncomplicated7
Msg: 173
Posted: 6/3/2006 7:01:51 AM
You deserve better than that. If you allow him to get away with this he looses total respect for you and you loose respect for yourself. Say 2 words, Bye Bye.
 Trukindave
Msg: 178
Posted: 6/3/2006 8:39:08 PM
Yeah that happens, But its not just one sided any more men and women both are
seeing someone and secretly searching for others, Better and all that Jazz..

I on the other hand would edit my profile to read taken I have found my love...

And would not look at the site again for any reason while I am with that person..

As far as what I would do is I would mention something like are you happy with me
And if the person makes his statement.. I would say then Y are you still looking
on the date sites..
 Fifi47
Msg: 184
Posted: 6/8/2006 7:10:22 AM
If he is wanting a serious relationship and is mature enough to realize that he needs to give time and effort, etc. to one woman, he would not be prowling around on a dating site. Dump him, he is not worth any true lady's time.
 drew_d2
Msg: 187
Posted: 6/8/2006 1:53:41 PM
So yeah...I'll probably get jumped on for this...especially since I'm joining after 15 pages of comments, lol...but it can be a problem and yet it isn't necessarily a problem if a guy stays active on a dating site after you are dating him. Personally, I stayed active on POF, as did my gf, aftere we started dating each other. I love her and she loves me but we stay active because we know people on here now and we both like the forums. I realize that all guys aren't like me, though, lol. So I would just question what they are doing on it and be open to whatever answer you get. I don't think it should be two people up because someone stayed on a dating site and normally you can get some hint by their reaction to your question about why they are still on. If they don't have a good reason then that's a major red flag...but I think I just gave some really good reasons that people stay active for.
-Drew-
 Bigger Guy
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2006 11:59:14 PM
Live and let live..you are not married/living together.so........its none of your business. Should we ask why you even bothered to look at the dating site? or is this to justify his posting beiing still there?
 element1
Msg: 198
Posted: 6/22/2006 4:27:31 PM
Why be pissed there tons of Secretary Pomodora Starbucks sucking MAC makeup Myspace wacko girls out there that email 30 to 100 guys a hr in America andare in relationships so> I guess look in the mirror first
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >