Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kmp1976
Msg: 654
view profile
History
What do you think of a guy who is in a relationship and is still active on a dating site?Page 36 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
Had this happen to me at this site.
Began dating this woman. A few weeks later she wants to be exclusive. And I agree.
She says she is going to take down her profile. In the mean time I remove my pics and delete all the text in mine basically leaving it blank. A few days pass and her profile is still up. Basically I am waiting for her to remove hers and I would follow suit.
Finally a week later and her profile is "gone".

A couple of weeks pass and decide to login and to delete my other wise blank profile only to find hers in my list of people that had "favorited" me.
But why couldnt I find her profile with a criteria search or user name search?
Because she had set her profile to "private". Thus hiding her profile from search.
The only way I found was because she had saved me as a "favorite" thus linking our profiles.
And I also could see she had been active recently.

Later that night I asked her if she had deleted her profile . She denied still having an active profile. When I told her otherwise, she claimed she thought she deleted it. Yeah right.
Then her story changed to she kept her profile to make sure that i deleted mine.
BS.

She is still on this site under the same user name. Just beware out there people.
 cutepoet
Msg: 656
What do you think of a guy who is in a relationship and is still active on a dating site?
Posted: 6/4/2008 8:57:42 AM
Hello Keepingstep, The same question goes to the ladies, i started a new thread, asking, why is it that the ladies profiles say's that they are single, and when a guy shows interest, the lady would say she's already engaged OR seeing someone. I asked that question, and all the ladies ignored the post, now this topic is here, and all the ladies, just want to rush in and write until they almost need more papers to write on this page. I think the ladies have to know what they really want from guys, and the ladies should also check their own personal profiles properly, before they come out and ask some certain question.
(CHECK YOURSELF, BEFORE YOU WRECK YOURSELF)

Now back to your question, i think you should't blame us guys, because it is what you ladies do, that discourage us from some certain things.

So i tell you somehthing OP,
"If you do me, i do you,
Man no go vex".
Your boy friend need more evidence to be sure you are not also doing the same thing. And are you really sure after you deleted your profile, and you came to this site just to see if he was still visiting, are you really sure that was what you really came to see? Because am thining something else..........

D'POET
 passionflwr
Msg: 669
What do you think of a guy who is in a relationship and is still active on a dating site?
Posted: 6/6/2008 5:33:24 AM
well, they should remove the just friends catagory then! we met on this site and we both go here for the forums and friends, we have met alot of people on this site. I have complete trust in my man and he trusts me. I guess thats a big plus when in a relationship. I am not wasting my time on my man. You are entitled to your opinion just like others are entitled to theirs
 duckling
Msg: 672
Posted: 6/6/2008 12:36:42 PM
It's odd that even some of the people that are in relationships yet still on P.O.F., consider everyone else that is currently in a relationship to be a player. There really is nothing bitc*ier than a scorned woman!
 nycwinecat
Msg: 674
Posted: 6/6/2008 1:06:15 PM
I personally think that if he knew you were checking up on him it might not be the best thing for your relationship as I have not yet (I am sure this one out there though) met a man who finds their mate distrusting them sexy. I might suggest you put your profile back up there because I don't think it hurts anything. After all, a little "mystery" is never a bad thing in a relationship! The bottom line is I wouldn't worry about it and just enjoy your time together with him.
 jadegreen
Msg: 675
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2008 1:26:23 PM
Big Red Flag...................................................................................................................
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 678
Posted: 6/7/2008 8:36:32 PM
I personally read alot of these forums mwhich takes time and I check my mail each day,so you need to realize he might not be doing what you think.As soon as someone is serious I put the ad on hold
 smileee4u
Msg: 679
Posted: 6/7/2008 8:48:04 PM
You have to make it clear. Are you in an EXCLUSIVE relationship? You have to both agree, and no fudging. If he's no that into you.... then damn it, get over it! Move on. Cut your losses.... what? a few months?
 _Red_
Msg: 683
Posted: 6/24/2008 10:25:12 PM
In my experience, it means he's insecure still about the relationship and keeping his options open because he's the type of guy that can't stand to be alone.

That or he's still looking and really not that interested in the one he's with if it is strictly a dating site and not forums.
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 684
Posted: 6/24/2008 10:38:53 PM
Well lets see.... How long have you been together? Soemtimes realtionships don't last very long. Sure you met your fish but it could last 3 months or 5 months. Maybe even a eyar. He may be staying for the forums they are fun or to see who is interested in him and keeping his options open. I was twitha girl who saw my profile and It old her I stay for the forums and could not be happier and even put I was in a realtionship and there for the forums. Anyway you should not be hurt unless he is cheating on you or has given you reason nott o trust him. If he had been dating you for over 3-6 months you should ask him to delete his profile if it bothers you. Or keep it as a memento and go up on the site as an example of a match and sucessful relationship. I think you are too quick to be hurt. I might be concerned but no t hurt beucase its not cheating. Unless he is planning on meeting another woman... or MAN! Hey get that dancing plantain away from me! I thinky ou are blowing things out of proportion and leaving out the details of your realtionship. Are you boyfriend and girlfriend? Are you ina dedicated realtionship? you are on an online dating sire too witha n active profile does that make you a hypocrite? Is it a pay site wher ehe already agreed to pay for it for 6 months in advance and is jsut getting his money's worth? going ont he forums, mking friends and tlaking to people.
 GOD.IS.A.BULLET
Msg: 685
Posted: 6/26/2008 10:12:33 PM
So he wants to get laid what's the big deal after all every woman I've met online ( and there has been so many and it has been fun ) is a lying skank so why not ?

google "loose change" . forget your little world and learn something.
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 691
Posted: 3/25/2009 10:54:06 PM
hmmmmm,good for him to delete his ad but here you are with your ad,seems like a double standard,am I missing something ?
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 694
Posted: 3/26/2009 6:28:19 PM
My point is that you don't trust him because he didn't cancel his site membership and then he did to prove to you he was OK,but you kept your membership the whole time,so why should he trust you,that's my point,why should he cancel his while you keep yours,what is the difference why can't he get all mad at you and claim distrust about you just like you did to him.....that's not fair at all

Or is that you can have your profile here and because you know you can be completely trusted ,then whats wrong with that......well maybe so could he,its in your head he cannot be trusted.

When I am dating someone, then I'm only here to answer mail saying I'm taken right now,and to write in the forums,it would make me upset if some lady accused me of cheating and forced me off here,and I'd be pissed if I canceled my profile then found out she kept hers,I'd dump her for that after she made such a stink about nothing.

Life a two way street if rules need to be placed on your guy then the same rules need to apply to you...........thats only fair.
 JustMary65
Msg: 695
Posted: 3/26/2009 6:35:01 PM
That's called 'keeping his options open for the BBD'

and women do it too-----*sigh* such is life.
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 698
Posted: 3/27/2009 7:34:16 AM
I have hid my profile and found that everyone that's on your favorite list still sees you and does not know your hid but if someone new is searching then your hid,so beware of that glitch, oh, p.s. when I wrote on my profile I was on hold "I'm seeing someone, so sorry,but thanks" ,several ladies wrote me,so they either were not reading my profile or they were hedging in on my new lady.
 maemae7
Msg: 699
Posted: 3/31/2009 12:30:15 AM
depend on if you are sexually active if you two are just dating few times you aren't married then no it's him leting you know he still looking and so should you.FAIR IS FAIR.If you are dating and having sex or telling each other excusive then it's cheating.discuss it with each other find out if he consider the two of you serious.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 705
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2009 9:54:38 PM
To quote a song:
It is sometimes "sad to belong to someone else when the right one comes along..."
It could happen to you or him. It can happen to anyone, really.

On the other hand, it's only a website persona.
I personally don't care as long as she doesn't meet and be romantic with the other guy. If that happens then she has made her choice and I move on.

ichi-bon
Msg: 706
Posted: 4/5/2009 10:17:29 AM
happens all the time.especially if the real chemistry isn't there. Not a big deal
 minako79
Msg: 712
Posted: 7/31/2009 7:02:22 PM
well, if he has previous friends here and actively on the forums i won't stop him as long as we both dating each other exclusively and there's a trust between us hopefully, he won't break his word.

i'm also here for forums too occassionally... hopefully, he'll understand it as well.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 713
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2009 8:58:53 PM
This medium can become addicting; far too many options (no matter how delusional) exist. Truth be told: he's "just not that into you", sorry to say.
 beenjaded
Msg: 714
Posted: 11/2/2010 5:28:49 AM
I know this thread is old but still people wonder about this topic. I've recently met a man I really like. We aren't "official" yet, just seeing each other but it still makes me wonder if a man says he's interested then why would he still come on here and message or meet with other women or care who clicked on his picture in the "meet me" feature when he's trying to show me he's worthy?

I think if both men and women are seriously looking for someone they should be respectful in this aspect. If a person can't do this in the very beginning then they won't do it later either right?

My opinion.
 beenjaded
Msg: 715
Posted: 11/2/2010 5:33:24 AM

If you are having sex with a guy and he is still on a dating site, he is "just not that in to you" and is keeping his options open.

I totally agree. We've become sexually involved after a month. Probably too soon. I will only stick around for so long and if he can't break the addiction to this site then I will move on. That's all I can do.
 brandon5359
Msg: 716
Posted: 11/3/2010 7:07:22 PM
You are definitely justified if you guys considered yourselves in a serious relationship. I think it is kinda funny myself that I posted a similar thing on here a few days ago and people were saying I wasn't justified in asking for my ex to delete her profile and that it showed I was insecure. If two people are in a relationship neither of you should be on a dating website.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 717
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2010 10:16:32 PM
I think he's ridding the bus until he finds the right car.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 718
Posted: 11/3/2010 10:47:56 PM
It happens all the time from what I have heard and seen; both genders... guess the pond is pretty addictive and the bigger better thing is pretty enticing. People shouldn't assume the other person is at the same stage and if they choose to hide or delete can't assume the other person is the same mindset.

Glad the OP did fess up; I personally also believe when people are at the meeting stage it's common to stay on here; but when actively dating someone for several weeks or more or becoming physical; investing a lot of time and effort in tons of communications and the hunt with other people that detracts with time with someone they profess to be important is sending mixed signals. And don't even get me started on those sleeping with a person and actively hunting. Or the ones who sleep with someone and wont' stay all night with them; because they want to go home and chat up a bunch of other women. Ugh... carp lol.

It's a strange new world online... and obviously extremely addictive...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >