Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sparticuss
Msg: 269
What do you think of a guy who is in a relationship and is still active on a dating site?Page 5 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
Why did you specify a GUY.
 magicsongirl
Msg: 271
view profile
History
What do you think of a guy who is in a relationship and is still active on a dating site?
Posted: 8/4/2006 1:42:58 AM
I've been hurt by this one twice.

First was a guy that I had dated that was planning his retirement with me...lol...meanwhile planning another one with someone else. I drove to his house for father's day and dropped a present through his mail slot. Turned out he was on the sofa making out to girl number two, telling her it was from his son.

She figured it out one day by getting on his computer. I was getting ready to go see him and got this note. "I"m Don's girlfriend, who are you?"

I thought he was just chatting on the forums. LOL

Other one, by then I was a bit paranoid. Kept showing up, and that site didn't have forums. He said it was just friends on the site.

It was a wicked thing to do, but I made up another profile. I'm usually very up front, but up front hadn't been working here. Well, one morning I get a text msg. on my cell phone, how he's crazier than crazy about me. I come downstairs and he had asked this other "person" out on a date.

I felt guilty doing that, but asking wasn't working.
 MAKE ME WANT IT
Msg: 272
What do you think of a guy who is in a relationship and is still active on a dating site?
Posted: 8/5/2006 5:56:05 PM
I THINK HE IS A DISRESPECTFUL MOTHER ****ER...WHO DOES NOT DESERVE TO HAVE A GIRLFRIEND
 sunshine_24_7
Msg: 275
Posted: 8/5/2006 10:38:10 PM
I found out my ex husband was on adult friendfinder advertising for one on one, vouyerism, exhibitionism, or more and had himself listed as single. We had been married for 2 1/2 years at the time. So, I went on through his email and changed his account so he was looking for men. I guess it all depends on what they are looking for, and the type of site they are on. I have to admit that it would give me some doubts to find someone who was supposed to be involved with me on a site. I'd say keep a close eye on them, note any other suspicious behavior, and last of all, if you feel up to it, confront them! Better to find out now than later!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 281
Posted: 8/12/2006 2:39:49 PM
I still think this is the funniest thread. So many people are so worried about what other people are doing here. Such silliness. I'm here. My boyfriend is here. And guess what ~ neither of us are looking. We are here for the forums and I have a lot of friends here (not to mention my ex-husband, his girlfriend, my son and two of my Aunts.) He (my b/f) is well aware what I do here (since he's sitting right here...LOL) but even if he weren't, he knows there is nothing happening, in this little box, in the middle of cyber-somewhere that he needs to be worried about. If he is worried about me being here ~ we have way more problems than me being a forum junkie. To each their own, but I see nothing wrong with anyone being here for their own reasons, no matter what those reasons are.
 adhotshot
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2006 12:56:57 PM
well its not reall like we go back for a new meet or to meet other people. its that a woman prospective is different from a mans, when a woman would delete theirs, we still have friends to chat own the tempo with to see whats been going on in their relationship. so ladies dont feel like we've been slippin you aside to hook up with another milkshake. we love what we got but at the same tie we cant just wallk out and left our bridges to burn behind us. you never know what could happen.
 maddkat
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2006 7:28:32 PM
I met a guy on this site...he started using the dreaded "L" word on day 5! We ended up dating for about 4 months - the whole time he still had his profile up, and still under "dating". He's one of those who used the excuse that he still had "friends" here that he wanted to talk to. I still had my profile up also, until I decided if the commitment was there, but did add to it, saying that I was in a committed relationship at the time, etc...he did not add any such comment to his. I turned out that he was more in love with the idea of being in love than with me, and we ran the gamut of an entire meet, court, marry and divorce in four short months. Be careful of these guys...too many of them are in it for the conquest!
 Justa nice guy in Md
Msg: 289
Posted: 8/21/2006 7:28:23 AM
I think if I havent impressed her, charmed her, given her what she needs to drop off the date site that no one is actually going to do it. Date sites fill a need and until those needs are completly met it will go on...
 Sinzuous1™
Msg: 290
Posted: 8/21/2006 10:19:26 AM
Dont try to change him - the interent is the same as a bar - but you can learn about your potential date before talking to him in a bar....it will never change - even if you are in a relationship you will always have that - not until you get married then I would expect you to ask him to take his profile off the dating sites! So if he can you can - put your add up - there are plenty of single sites on the net! THIS One is the BEST OF COURSE! ;)
 gloria4u2
Msg: 291
Posted: 8/22/2006 6:44:27 PM
Have to agree with you on this snowbird. I met a guy on a different site and we hit it off immediately. We both took our profiles off that site....or so I thought. Imagine my surprise when I saw his face looking back at me in my 'weekly matches' email. (For some reason I never unsubscribed from those).

He wanted me to move in with him, I wanted to establish a somewhat stable relationship first. Guess he wasn't willing to wait. Part of me hopes he regrets letting me get away.
 THE*JOSEY*WALES
Msg: 297
Posted: 8/25/2006 8:10:41 PM
HE'S A DOG. YOU know the one when you come into a strange person's house, and he come's over and starts humping legs? ANy legs? Just humping!

HE'S A DOG!!!
Move on with your life!
BISHOP
 khris20m2
Msg: 299
Posted: 8/28/2006 10:25:13 PM
well all i can say is that i have met someone off this site and talk to her and am interested definitly in her but i still come on here to read forums get advice and opinions on things cause well i figure if i am this old and still single there is definitly something that i need to learn still...lol and if she reads this which i think she may how ya doin? lol
 Portia88
Msg: 301
Posted: 9/1/2006 2:04:01 PM
I just went through that this week on here. Theres this girl who had a good (so she thought) relationship with this guy she met off of here a few mths ago. He deleted his ad when they became exclusive, or so she thought. He actually just started one up with a different city on his profile, but even still left his pic on, but even if she were to go check to see if he was on, it wouldnt show up because of the city, but he could still message women in their city.
He actually contacted me as one of his potentials,very charming and believable, and I got an e-mail from this woman who let his girlfriend know what her man was doing. Needless to say, their relationship ended, hes still on here, shes a mess, and welcome to the internet dating world.

Portia
 annac_2200
Msg: 302
Posted: 9/1/2006 2:04:52 PM
If you are to the point of commiting to this man, then ask him for some commitment in return if he is not into it or not ready then you know where you stand. If you dont ask you wont know. But if you are wanting more than what he can give feel free to move on cause, honey something better IS out there... its a foregone conclusion.

But we all have to say at some point we are content where we are and stop looking for more.

Being in love doesnt mean having your mind blown away every day by how great someone is.
It simply means sacrifice. Are you willing to sacrifice "the great guy you havent met yet" for the one who makes you feel comfortable and loved on a daily basis.

People with kids i think understand this more, because when you love your children you sacrifice yourself for them, for what is best for them on a daily basis. Sometimes its unrewarding... But you do it, because YOU LOVE THEM.
 Portia88
Msg: 303
Posted: 9/1/2006 2:06:59 PM
It happens tooooo often.......

babyblues99 thats all I have to say

the worst of the worst
 renee kuley
Msg: 309
Posted: 9/4/2006 9:21:39 PM
i was in a relationship fer over four years- juat got myself out- and my ex, father to both my boys, couldn't stay away from dating sites- he wanted to leave me but didnt want to be alone, i can only assume- everytime hed get caught, hed get mad and say it wasnt him- i know it was always lies, obviously, no one is gonna look fer another person on someone else's name. i would suggest staying away from idiots like that, if you have feelings, like most human beings, youll prolly get hurt... im sure im wrong about a small percentage of ppl who do this, but think fer a minute- cant thay talk to buddies on msn, or the phone, or... how long should i make the list of options? peace and good luck, renee
 RUMISSINGMEYET
Msg: 310
Posted: 9/4/2006 9:43:08 PM
Problem is that we put out a profile....... and we get hit up with so many more options than ever. So we seem to turn the old standard dating ritual into a judging contest that has 1000s of contestants. If we are going to be with someone the rest of our lives we want to pick the right one. So what use to be just the local area clubs, bars, churches, so on is now the entire world....... We are all holding out for that next level that we might be missing out on. I have been married twice and I myself would like for next marriage to be my last. I have been single since 2003 and am not in any rush to award a live commitment until they have been with me for some time. It takes months for the real person to come to the surface. I dated a woman who's bi polar personality did not show up for a year.. then watch out I would have never made it a year married to this woman...... I lost out on some else who would have been more of a match for me due to wasting my time with her. So in my opinion He might be in a holding pattern to finally award you the winner but is reluctant to turn off the search until he can 100% in his mind close the deal. But in the back of our minds we should remember the following little story: and this goes for men or women: and me too. Not to be too picky in life:

Husband Store:

A store that sells husbands has just opened in New York
City, where a woman may go to choose a husband.
Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit the store ONLY ONCE !

There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase
as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch. You may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.
On the first floor the sign on the door reads:
Floor 1 - These men have jobs and love the Lord.

The second floor sign reads:
Floor 2 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, and love
kids.

The third floor sign reads:
Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, and are extremely good looking.

"Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going. She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads:
Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with the housework.

"Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims,
"I can hardly stand it!" Still, she goes to the fifth floor and
sign reads:
Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads:
Floor 6 - You are visitor 4,363,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. Watch your step as you exit the building, and have a nice day!

Sweeter Then Honey..!
Msg: 316
Posted: 9/6/2006 9:04:32 AM
Well I had a Guy that found me on dating site I think ur referring 2!
We talked for weeks on fone, then he wanted me to delete all my dating sites,
and not chat w/ anyone from them as he fed me this big line..!
And I noticed he was still on the dating site in last 24 hrs.
While I'am as tru blu as they come I will not be a fool....!
When questioned him he would give me some bull.... that he wasn't on their,
but checking his email, from collage friends, which by the way has nothing to do w/ the dating sites, and are 2 seperate sites...!
So I decided to catch him at his own game, which I'am glad I did...1
I would like to know why guy's play these hurtful, inmature games on those of us. seriously looking for someone to spend a life w/?
And why bother paying for a dating site if ur not what u say or just to play mind games w/
Real Honest PPL...?
Maybe I should make a knew thread for this discussion...?
 sd92029
Msg: 319
Posted: 9/6/2006 2:19:40 PM
This archaic notion that we should all find that "one special someone" and then stop looking is a real drag. People are not property; our libidos like our bodies were not meant to be owned by anyone, for any reason. This form of social slavery must not be allowed to go unchallenged. We must as a people cast off these sexual shackles and walk in the sweet light of freedom. I envision a day when people of all races and sexes can rub and touch each other regardless of there relationship status! When slave words like Cheater and Adultery have lost their meaning when people everywhere can live as they were meant to live in sexual oneness and freedom! Free at last, free at last, thank Masters & Johnson* free at last!

* Masters and Johnson were a pioneering team in the field of human sexuality
 Sweeter Then Honey..!
Msg: 325
Posted: 9/8/2006 11:22:43 AM
Excuse me....? But I don't consider having a True, Honest Partner in life SLAVERY...!
That's why most PPL get married, or wanna be 2gether is for the committment 2 want 2 be w/ someone FAITHFUL....!
Thier are to many risk out their anymore 2 sleep around.. but also I have alot of morals an beleive in Fidelity if I truly Love someone and we both make that committment 2gether!
It has 2 be a 2 way street here!
I also wouldn't want a PlayBoy kinda guy, their are enough PlayGirls 4 them ...!
But I also beleive to each their own..!
 Sweeter Then Honey..!
Msg: 326
Posted: 9/8/2006 11:53:48 AM
I think 1st off u need to have trust in the person ur w/ rather it be u met him Online or,
Church, a Party ECT...!
I know ppl who have met an Married meeting Online and still going strong!
And I also know PPL who Met in Church an been unfaithful...!
As for me I met a Wonderful Man on an online Dating service, and we were so enlove and neither of us even gave a thought 2 continue w/ any dating sites...? We were 2gether for 3 great years....! Unfournatley he died ! But I wouldn't trade the 1st 2 great yrs. we had 2gether!
PPL still put a stigma on online dating, but Speaking 4 myself I would rather meet someone this way and hope 4 the best... then meet someone in a BAR....!
 Bigger Guy
Msg: 330
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2006 7:13:47 PM
If you are in a relationship......that means beyond dating ...... a real relationship, then it is up to the two parties involved to keep communication flowing and the commitment secure. Overbearing indulgencies / meddling in affairs / prying / just tears things apart.....if not initially, then over time. If someone is dating.....there is no reason to take a profile off. If they just look occassionally, who cares. No-one owns anyone.....ever!
Any relationship is a lot of work and a lot of compromise and a lot of communication, or there is no commitment or intention beyond dating. Be certain of your position first....then be open and honest. It takes two to make a relationship and it always takes two to take it apart....always.
 Sweeter Then Honey..!
Msg: 337
Posted: 9/19/2006 7:06:21 AM
Hello their (debeze47) I'am a widow and seriously wanting my other half....! So 2 Answer ur question below...! I belonged to quite a few paid dating sites, and now this free site only because I felt it would give me a better chance of finding Mr Rite, and what I don't like about this site is I noticed they have SEX sites which I find appalling, and I really wonder if any guy on here is seriously looking, or if it's all bout SEX....? sounds like SOLICITING 2 me....?

I know some men who are on every date site they can think of!! Unreal ! Is it ego? Committment phobia? Sex addiction? Don't ask them !
 sunny_daze01
Msg: 341
Posted: 9/21/2006 8:26:05 AM
As long as I know he's just here talking and not planning any get togethers, I'm fine. You have to be more secure in yourself and your partner.
 sunny_daze01
Msg: 346
Posted: 9/22/2006 7:18:45 AM
If he was really trying to be sneaky behind your back, dontcha think he'd hide his trail better?

He wouldn't let you know his password, or he'd cancel his account and create another one that you wouldn't know about. Why use one you have knowledge of and have access to? He's either stupid or not doing anything beyond talking to people online.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >