Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do you know when a women is flirting with you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Coma_White
Msg: 51
view profile
History
How do you know when a women is flirting with you?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

How do you know when someone is flirting with you? Speaking as a guy who had no idea at all about flirting and wouldn't know a flirt if he saw one. I've got no idea. People talk about hair tosses, doing things with eyes, tongues, etc. and I don't get any of it.

It depends, it's usually more subtle than men flirting with women so you have to look hard. If it's a casual environment, eye contact is a big one. If you're talking about a perfect 10 in a nightclub, if she keeps talking to you, that's a good sign. I know I've slipped up in the past when women would talk to me or ask me what I do on the weekends and I would drop the ball. You want to be able to tell the difference between a woman making casual conversation and a woman talking to you and asking you questions about yourself because she wants to get to know you.
 geof101
Msg: 52
How do you know when a women is flirting with you?
Posted: 9/14/2018 6:17:31 PM
Over the last 50 years I have had 1000s of friends and business people that I have met in all shapes and sizes but never judged them on anything else but personality, now here I have to pick the " princess " of my life by simply looking at a picture with a generic line of info underneath. Tell me, a man can look at a lady and decide if she is beautiful in his eyes or not so good looking what happens when a lady is looking for a man how do you rate him as he cannot rate himself so does not know where he stands.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/14/2018 6:59:10 PM
I work on Herald Square in Manhattan these days, and today I was on a corner passing by a young man handing out flyers. He looked frustrated that there were not a lot of pickers and I felt bad for him and also thought he was cute, so I looked at him with a hint of a tender smile. It all happened in a nano second in a crowd and he was upset about his flyers but he immediately acknowledged me with a hello. He knew! :)
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 7:05:46 PM

tongues, etc. .

If she'e exploring any part of your body with her tongue, she's definitely flirting with you.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 1:25:00 PM

It depends, it's usually more subtle than men flirting with women so you have to look hard.

I agree that women are much more subtle in general situations, but...

If you're talking about a perfect 10 in a nightclub, if she keeps talking to you, that's a good sign.

Well, of Any gal, actually. Technically, if she's not a perfect 10, the chances are greater she has interest in you if she keeps talking with ya.

You want to be able to tell the difference between a woman making casual conversation and a woman talking to you and asking you questions about yourself because she wants to get to know you.

Very true. If they ask About You, that's a sign of interest. Not flirting -- but then again, flirting isn't the only sign of interest. Most guys don't outright flirt until there's signs of interest after trying to strike up conversation.

I felt bad for him and also thought he was cute, so I looked at him with a hint of a tender smile. It all happened in a nano second in a crowd and he was upset about his flyers but he immediately acknowledged me with a hello. He knew! :)

You should have licked your lips and blew him a kiss. You would have made his day + you'd know he got the message! :)
 hemingway234
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2018 5:21:37 AM

tongues, etc. .

If she'e exploring any part of your body with her tongue, she's definitely flirting with you.

- yes, if she tries to suck your tongue out of your head, she is probably flirting!

Signs of flirting:

- staring at you

- compliments

- touching

- talking or getting loud around you

- giving gifts

- getting too close too you, getting in your space

- they try to help you, or they try to get you to fix stuff for them

- paying a lot of attention to you

- asking you out or for your number (duh!)

Most men don't get hints. The best way to find out if she really likes you is to ask for her phone number. It answers 1,000 questions in one shot. It's one of the biggest steps in dating a man will ever take.
 Tech30
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 10:27:29 AM
You have no idea? At your age? What have you been doing all these years?
 forumfairy
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 1:37:22 PM
Eye contact would be a good indicator of interest..... especially if it's accompanied by a smile.
 oldwxman
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 7:01:03 PM
Either you know or you don't. I suppose that it could be learned but it would be kinda like learning a foreign language in adulthood. I'm quite good at it but I grew up with three younger sisters who very nearly worshiped me. How I treated my sisters translated very well into how I treated girls in general.

Not everybody is so lucky. If you don't pick it up young then it could be very hard.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 3:11:13 PM

Not everybody is so lucky. If you don't pick it up young then it could be very hard.

Could? Oh it's a little more that could. Try very on for size. In general, I don't flirt with women, because I have no idea how to. If women flirt with me, they'd better be very d*mmed obvious about it, otherwise I don't see or get it.
 oldwxman
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 5:10:28 PM
*Could? Oh it's a little more that could. Try very on for size. In general, I don't flirt with women, because I have no idea how to. If women flirt with me, they'd better be very d*mmed obvious about it, otherwise I don't see or get it.

I hear ya man. My best friend is just like that. Women would throw themselves at his feet and he would blindly step over them. He's been that way since I met him in college. One night we were out hitting the bars and decided to stop off for an early breakfast. The waitress recognized his voice... he is a radio announcer and she tried everything to get his attention. I go, "Mark! She all but sat in your lap. Say something." He ordered a coffee. "No man. You are blowing it." He said, Why don't you say something." I said, "It won't work if I say something because she wants YOU!" Needless to say, we left right after we finished breakfast and never saw her again. He just can't manage to do it.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2018 7:22:19 PM
Kezia Noble

How to tell if a girl likes you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT7j0RUSFqY

Might help some guy like the OP
 2ufo
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2018 10:44:21 AM
To me...

The end result of flirting is that the other person - the person I am flirting with - feels special, a little better about themselves, a little more sexual or alive.
The end result of flirting for me is that the other person wants more of my company BECAUSE I make him/her feel special.
 oldwxman
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2018 10:53:46 AM
*The end result of flirting is that the other person - the person I am flirting with - feels special, a little better about themselves, a little more sexual or alive.
The end result of flirting for me is that the other person wants more of my company BECAUSE I make him/her feel special.

I agree. My question is, considering all of the men who are like my friend described above, do you get much reciprocation? If you can't get them to reciprocate, it must be deflating.
 2ufo
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2018 11:12:23 AM
Deflating? Not really.

Some of my best flirts are when the man actually finally realizes I'm flirting with him and he does a beautiful double-take.
I can almost see his thought process:

Is she flirting?
With me?
No one else around, if she is flirting - it must be with me.
Nah, she can't be flirting with me, she's.... (too young, too old, too fat, too female)
and I'm.... (too old, too young, too married)…
OMG! SHE IS FLIRTING WITH ME!

Besides, I have always gotten some kind of reciprocation.
No everyone realizes that it is a flirt.
Sometimes it turns into a long, involved conversation with a stranger,
sometimes into a wonderful game of flirting (back and forth like ping-pong or tennis),
sometimes it's a 'I do have to tell you I'm in a committed relationship'.

How the other person reacts tells me how to proceed (you know, the give and take of good conversation). Sometimes I need to tone it down and other times I amplify it to absurdity.

I want that person to be happy that they had this little meeting of the minds with me even if it was just a 2-minute business transaction.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2018 1:59:04 PM
msg#61:
. My best friend is just like that. Women would throw themselves at his feet and he would blindly step over them. He's been that way since I met him in college. One night we were out hitting the bars and decided to stop off for an early breakfast. The waitress recognized his voice... he is a radio announcer and she tried everything to get his attention. I go, "Mark! She all but sat in your lap. Say something." He ordered a coffee. "No man. You are blowing it." He said, Why don't you say something." I said, "It won't work if I say something because she wants YOU!" Needless to say, we left right after we finished breakfast and never saw her again. He just can't manage to do it.

Sounds like your friend just isn't really that much interested in women. Not that there's anything wrong with that~
 julystorm22
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2018 12:16:15 PM
I often worry about being perceived as flirting. A big problem I've always had is I shut down my body language when I like a guy. Little smiling. Little eye contact. Disinterested tone. Minimal conversation. I'm so worried about rejection that doing these things is like a defense mechanism and I sometimes do it without wanting to but I can't control it.

I'm a friendly person by nature. My job (home health care assistant) involves going into peoples' homes constantly and making conversation, joking, laughing, bonding, eye contact, etc. But that person I am naturally disappears when I'm around a guy I like. Shyness rules me. This is one reason OLD works better for me than in real life. I have a computer screen to hide behind and a guy can get to know me in a way which meeting in real life won't happen for me. It takes a bit for me to let my guard down. It's incredibly difficult for me to meet a guy for the first time but I force myself to do it and some guys realize that its nerves that keep me quiet the first time we meet. I tell a guy that which helps. I do not do well with guys who are not outgoing. I need a guy who has an open and friendly personality because it increases my comfort level.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2018 9:33:45 PM
July I know how you feel. I'm the same way pretty much. Takes me many dates to become more out going. The second last guy I had dates with would constantly bring up that I seemed anxious which made it worse and thought any thing I did was a symptom of anxiety somehow. I didn't tell him I had general anxiety disorder though on the dates but I was thinking no Shit dude I told you I am shy and anxious, I have a anxiety disorder, that is especially worse near new people. Not only that but he used it as the reason he didn't want to date me anymore.
So when I had a date with my now boyfriend I had really bad anxiety and didn't want to ruin my chances. So I wanted to drink a beer I bought but my mum wouldn't open it and said not to drink alcohol. So I went to my room and drank a few shots of vodka instead. It really did help a lot lmao only did that the first date I think.
 julystorm22
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2018 9:51:34 PM
Well, I know in my younger years alcohal sure did the trick.
 oldwxman
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2018 11:15:31 PM
julystorm:
*I often worry about being perceived as flirting. A big problem I've always had is I shut down my body language when I like a guy. Little smiling. Little eye contact. Disinterested tone. Minimal conversation. I'm so worried about rejection that doing these things is like a defense mechanism and I sometimes do it without wanting to but I can't control it.

That is exactly what a guy with a bunch of sisters would tune into. I tried to discuss the subtle stuff in another thread but did a very poor job of it. I think you nailed it.
 hemingway234
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2018 9:00:59 AM

I often worry about being perceived as flirting. A big problem I've always had is I shut down my body language when I like a guy. Little smiling. Little eye contact. Disinterested tone. Minimal conversation. I'm so worried about rejection that doing these things is like a defense mechanism and I sometimes do it without wanting to but I can't control it.

I'm a friendly person by nature. My job (home health care assistant) involves going into peoples' homes constantly and making conversation, joking, laughing, bonding, eye contact, etc. But that person I am naturally disappears when I'm around a guy I like. Shyness rules me.

- yup! Even when a woman likes a guy, sometimes a woman is so afraid of showing her cards or making a fool of herself she will clam up on the first date - or even display angry body language, like folding her arms and having a scowl on her face!

I remember a date when I was single some years ago with a rocket scientist (she worked on stuff for NASA). She was interverted, and for the first half hour or so, was very nervous and reserved. She did open up after a couple of drinks.....she made a pass at me later on in the parking lot, lol
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do you know when a women is flirting with you?