Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Girls.. Does this happen to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 51
Girls.. Does this happen to you?Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Jaysus.

Such a big dilemma, being called all those cutesy names.

Go march in DC & leave us hard working Joes alone...
 Maleman999
Msg: 52
Girls.. Does this happen to you?
Posted: 2/3/2017 7:21:55 AM
^^^I agree with it being such a huge dilemma. I guess some women don't realize that they have the option to not continue contact if they don't like what a guys is writing. And when its: "But it is like EVERY GUY I TALK TO!!", guess what the common denominator is.
 ndm147
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/4/2017 9:07:55 AM
Chuck, how about "pencil**** if sausage is not original. All kidding aside ( I like Chuck), I don't particularly like being called a pet name on the first few messages. I get a lot of those that say " I love your smile Sunshine." Would they really walk up to a woman in real life and talk like that? I doubt it.
 basilisk123
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2017 3:23:33 PM
Pet names should definitely be done after the dating begins to say the least. Lord help me if they start using anime terms on me... lol
 jlynn1955
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2017 7:07:55 PM
It usually only happens to me in the initial message. "Hey, honey baby, sweety. Love that beautiful smile, etc, etc." So slimy and smarmy and. ..ewwww. AND I'm not smiling in the pic.

In that case it's usually a guy hitting on multiple women at the same time with the same line. I ignore cause...eww....

I have not noticed the men I do answer doing that until we know each other better and then it's ok with me...usually.though the "you crazy ___" was uncalled for!

Posted: 2/5/2017 7:14:14 AM
For me, this is one of those things which is subjective - depends greatly on how it's done. The context and non-verbal components indicate what's meant and what the attitude of the other person is. That being said, I think that I'd be irritated if I were a woman and guys were constantly calling me sweety and baby during a first conversation. But also, I guess because of 'how it's done' and that I can tell what's inside the person and how it's meant, there've been many times when a woman that I don't know would call me sweety and I liked it...just took it as a warm and platonically friendly gesture. And even if it's because she's probing the possibility of some interest, if she's trying to give me an unobtrusive and inoffensive message then that's all good too.
 Maria11418
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/5/2017 10:00:55 PM

Jaysus.

Such a big dilemma, being called all those cutesy names.

Go march in DC & leave us hard working Joes alone...

Can somebody say Amen.
I remember being extremely happy as a teenager, having moved from another country, when someone called me "honey" or "sweetie" or things adults call young girls, because I had never heard that before, in any language.
To this day, I am super happy when someone feels like calling me a pet name. Still does not happen every day.
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/5/2017 10:02:21 PM

^^^I agree with it being such a huge dilemma. I guess some women don't realize that they have the option to not continue contact if they don't like what a guys is writing. And when its: "But it is like EVERY GUY I TALK TO!!", guess what the common denominator is.

What an asinine comment.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/6/2017 5:42:55 AM
waves hand wildly in the Air
The common denominators are we are Women
And Men think using pet names with a stranger is a pantie dropper.

Moves to head of class smiling smugly.

I've said before it doesn't bother me, but I don't understand it Bae.
 basilisk123
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2017 7:17:48 AM
Lol, I guess it is hit or miss then, but when it misses, it really misses. This reminds me of when I used to work in the plants. The contractor lunch trailer had this old southern black woman who was probably the best thing about the plants. She would just move around from station to station singing hymns and casually joking around with the contractors. To her, everyone was "Sugar", "Honey", "Puddin", etc. Her nickname was Miss Love, and that was what she showed to almost all of us tired, hungry, and dirty contractors. She was a good woman.
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/6/2017 8:25:54 PM

The common denominators are we are Women
And Men think using pet names with a stranger is a pantie dropper.

Exactly. The seriously believe that using the same wack "hey beautiful'' line is really going to get them some p***y points. "Automatic delete from me, dawg."-Randy Jackson

LOL
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2017 2:59:17 AM
I only really encounter this in first messages....sexy is the one I dislike the most.
Mostly I ignore.
My ex used to call me fat head ALL the time. I liked that one.

'Flattery is a cheap distraction from the truth' someone said once.
 Cynderella
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2017 10:38:23 PM
I call everyone "Love"
It doesn't bother me better than "Cee U Next Thursday"
 Nestaron
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/8/2017 6:38:17 PM
^ Well beautiful ... all right I guess I can make it if I start driving now it's a possibility. The harbinger of Heaven and Earth is headed to BC.

Okay seriously though women do need to lighten up alittle as long as they are not being inappropriate I do not see the problem with a little nickname fun.

The sweet cheeks above me dont seem to have a problem with it. So why not take down the f u off your foreheads, remove the b with itch of the front of your shirts and have a little fun.
 Garrs1234
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2017 12:52:30 PM
So im supposed to be offended when a waitress calls me hun, sweetie, baby, sugar, or even something bizarre? Get over yourself.
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/11/2017 11:30:02 AM
The pet names dont bother me much, its the fast sex & comittment that does. Most guys want to have sex & exclusivity by the second date - when i havent even decided if i want to kiss! In my country men ask for dates, women agree & initiate how much physicaly will happen, but american guys are like tanks: pushing that sex stuff right on you without any attention to body language, turns me off every time!
 Maria11418
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/11/2017 2:22:44 PM

The pet names dont bother me much, its the fast sex & comittment that does. Most guys want to have sex & exclusivity by the second date - when i havent even decided if i want to kiss! In my country men ask for dates, women agree & initiate how much physicaly will happen, but american guys are like tanks: pushing that sex stuff right on you without any attention to body language, turns me off every time!

Ha very true!
 islandtime456
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/11/2017 2:51:39 PM
it happens to me all the time too, and I hate it.
for every 10 messages I get, only about 1 doesn't type like this. Guys, it just makes you sound immature and frankly, like an idiot. Approach a conversation with intelligence and maturity and you might get somewhere. Try a simple "Hello" rather than "Hey babe". IMHO of course. But I don't respond to those types of messages, and will stop talking to someone who throws it in a conversation because to me, it sounds like hook up talk.
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/11/2017 11:55:18 PM
The men pretend women are hysterical because being called pet names sounds novel to them; They dont understand if everyone treated them like a piece of meat it wouldnt be so novel any more. They also dont stop to think about how this could be a useful tip, cause mocking women for discussing it so much more important.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/12/2017 12:28:27 AM

The men pretend women are hysterical because being called pet names sounds novel to them; They dont understand if everyone treated them like a piece of meat it wouldnt be so novel any more. They also dont stop to think about how this could be a useful tip, cause mocking women for discussing it so much more important.

I fail to see how such a tip could be useful. Who would want to spend time with a hysterical, irritated scold? Now, to be fair about it, there are plenty of men that will endure anything to be with a woman. Hell of it is that the men that will put up with it willingly never get that chance.

More important to mock? Who is to say? One thing is certain though. Mocking doesn't have a downside so might as well.
 south_city
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/12/2017 8:52:13 AM

So im supposed to be offended when a waitress calls me hun, sweetie, baby, sugar, or even something bizarre? Get over yourself.

I was at a restaurant the other day. I was very upset when a waitress called me these types of names. I didn't leave her a tip. Just kidding. Didn't bother me at all. As mentioned before, this is subjective. Not everybody is offended by this. A woman can politely tell a man to stop if she doesn't like it. If he doesn't listen to her, then she can move on.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2017 5:20:54 PM
South_City wrote:

I was at a restaurant the other day. I was very upset when a waitress called me these types of names. I didn't leave her a tip. Just kidding. Didn't bother me at all.
Someone already mentioned this, but someone from the south won't mind this nearly as much. It's very common to be called "Hon," or "Sweetie," or "Dear" or whatever....by waitresses and other people that deal with the public. Mainly women doing that though....don't think I've ever had a male waiter say that...for obvious reasons. Also probably more of a rural thing. There is a chain of diners down south, called "Waffle House," where the cooks will greet you from behind the counter with that when you walk in the door. I've always thought many businesses need to study what they do at Waffle House to make the employees so happy all the time...because it's endearing to customers. I think southerners are more comfortable with the endearing nicknames thing. As far as its use on OLD.....I probably would not do it.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2017 12:12:53 AM
Well that's quite a broad subjective comment without much context. What's 'important'? Cos I bet what you think is important is vastly different to me.

And as for hysterical, I haven't seen anything like that in here. And I know hysterical. Me when I lost my great niece in the shopping centre, me when I used to have to go to trial with another abused child and it looked like the perpetrator was gonna get off. Me when I read another horror story in the paper and I have to go round telling everyone and drumming up support. Now THATS hysterical.
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/13/2017 6:28:45 PM

Mocking doesn't have a downside so might as well.

Saying dumb things about women while being a heterosexual man on a dating site is as smart as a klansman thinking he can find a black date on stromfront: only a complete moron would do it.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/13/2017 7:45:58 PM

Saying dumb things about women while being a heterosexual man on a dating site is as smart as a klansman thinking he can find a black date on stromfront: only a complete moron would do it.

I assure you. Mocking doesn't have a downside on dating sites. Neither does robbing a convenience store. Neither does being ignorant. There are women for everybody except nice, caring and empathetic men. If he remembers to prey only upon the emotionally vulnerable then a man will never run out of options.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Girls.. Does this happen to you?