Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Girls.. Does this happen to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Girls.. Does this happen to you?Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
If messages are supposed to start with a civilized, "Hello," why are there nearly countless profiles out there demanding something ELSE for a first message, or threatening to dismiss anyone who starts their notes the same way? There are dozens upon dozens of mixed messages put forth online - and hundreds more that don't put diddly-squat in their profiles - so it is a crap shoot, a guessing game. Some will play along, others ignore, delete, and pretend they know all they need to know.

It's fine that you don't like pet names, or any other irritating behavior. I can't think of anyone who finds someone who chews their toenails is attractive. But the behavior is a symptom, not the disease - and their reasons for doing so have as many different flavors as the choices for ice cream at a supermarket. The truth is never found in a split-second decision. Ever. Serial killers look just like the rest of us. Quasimodo - the Hunchback of Notre Dame - had a heart of gold. But who's going to know that from only a first impression?

People in here don't want 'comfortable' or what's 'right' for them - they want 'easy' - and that word means something different to men than it does to women -- but in the end, it's pretty much still the right word. We don't WANT to work at relationships. We don't WANT to be unsure of ourselves. We DO want our own needs fulfilled, quickly, perfectly, and without any real effort or stress on our part. We want 'easy' - and if that means ignoring facts, or making up information so we don't need to handle the truth, we will.

Deciding to disconnect and run away is always going to be 'safe', but after a while, the reasons for disconnecting get as overwhelming as the choices that are available. Having a second or two of patience, a willingness to engage and confront with questions, and stopping this passive-aggressive behavior of jumping to conclusions with just fragments of information will make for a better connection in the long run. Just being decent to people goes a long way. We're not obligated to become friends with everyone we meet - but we also don't need to make enemies just because we're not in love with them.
 cooldog65
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Girls.. Does this happen to you?
Posted: 2/14/2017 9:59:37 AM
The cashier at the grocery store kept addressing me as "hon" at the end of every sentence as she rang up my stuff. Since she was cute and at least 20 or more years younger than me, I absolutely loved it!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/14/2017 10:54:13 AM
I don't mind cute names....but then
I know the difference between "hon" and
"listen honey"....and I respond accordingly.
Posted: 2/14/2017 4:19:25 PM
I just always say "Look, woman!"
 singleprofessionalinco
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/1/2017 1:07:05 AM
My nicknames or pet names seem to be, "friend", "good friend", or "***hole that doesn't act like a friend" when I tell them i've had enough of their "just be my friend" bullshit. On the bright side, zero child support or alimony payments or engagement ring losses later, I feel pretty ****ing good about that!
 GWSmith
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/3/2017 11:02:56 PM
I always find it creepy, akward, and patronizing when other guys start using terms like 'bab'e, 'hunny', and whatever else wen talking to a woman.
 Nestaron
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/5/2017 2:50:29 AM
I say things like beautiful, perspicacious, and to grace me with their lustrous self. Other words might be vehement, fervent, and incandescent and say lady after it. They really are rather beautiful words after all they just roll right off the tongue.
 Maleman999
Msg: 83
Posted: 6/5/2017 8:24:11 AM

I always find it creepy, akward, and patronizing when other guys start using terms like 'bab'e, 'hunny', and whatever else wen talking to a woman.

Do you find it creepy when people talk baby talk to their infant children or pets?
 maggiefishtwo
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2017 9:33:06 AM
I've only been on here one week, and had that happen once. It was the one message I ignored. He was from another county so maybe there it was more acceptable.

Speaking of which, I'm not as young and attractive as some of you posting here, however I have been deeply discouraged by messaging men and getting zero response. Or, getting all the 'hello there' s..(how lame)...and actually writing sweet affirmative things in response and then getting zero response. What do guys here want??

I'm staying in my age range (although guys rarely do...I'm 54 so to a 54 year old guy that means I need to be super hot or I'm off the chart) but the lack of response, of simple manners has really bothered me...I kept thinking the next one, or the next one...I'll start having human response, but no.

Perhaps this should be its own threat. I was off POF for good, but then bumped into this forum. Def. done with trying to date on here.
 maggiefishtwo
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2017 9:34:51 AM
Just to clarify...I meant to say "perhaps this should be its own thread" (not threat, lol)
 Nestaron
Msg: 86
Posted: 6/5/2017 10:06:38 AM
For the most part think of what you want in a guy and the guys who are truly looking for long-term would view you the equivalent. We are human beings and want the same things, granted some guys want to just see cleavage, and privates and have sex, same as some women. Women play the I am not sexual being thing all they like but when it boils right down to it they are just as bad or worse then men. They try to claim otherwise but growing up I saw and heard how bad they really are. Comparing men's penis sizes, telling their who intimate stuff to their friends they hold nothing back. Guys really dont describe parts or give in detail everything they did step by step, it's a simple yeah I had sex with her so what she was rating.

So when you go to message a guy think about how you want to be messaged, send it to him friendly, polite, happy, and show some interest in what we like. A lot of guys are not happy with women not caring about things they care about, I can understand it because in my relationships, or dating women never asked anything about me other than what I make, what I do, and what my possessions are those types of questions really are irrelevant no offence to women but they are.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2017 2:42:12 PM
Maggie, Maggie, Maggie, Please tell us, you are not giving up after..............ONE WEEK?
LOL Rome was NOT built in a day, ......................shoot, for that matter, (if you believe in Creation and God) it took a week to build the Earth! LOL Whether or not you believe in Creation, or Evolution, either way I'm not promoting either belief, just look at this way. You could be struck by lightening ONCE in your lifetime, the first time you venture out in a boat on a lake in a thunderstorm. OR you may never be struck by lightening, rowing the dinghy out in the river, everyday for the next 25 years!
( Not that I recommend seeking to get hit by lightening!)

My point? I (bear with me Forumites, LOL) used approx 7 different OLD sites, over a period of several years, BEFORE I found my match. Be pro-active, patient, positive, and keep your sense of humor. BTW, BF caught me with "Hello, How are you?"
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 88
Posted: 6/6/2017 8:38:21 AM

I start talking to guys on these sites and they within minutes, hours or even initial contact start calling me baby, doll, sexy... or otherwise imply an intimate relationship that could not possibly exist SINCE i HAVE NOT EVEN MET THEM YET. This annoys the crap out of me. It seems so insincere.and to me sounds like someone who is just looking for a hook up. But it is like EVERY GUY I TALK TO!!

So I should be annoyed with the lady waiting tables at my local eatery? Or the checkout lady at the grocery store? The nurse at the doctor's office? At my job? Give it a rest and a break and relax people who the hell cares just roll with it and see where it leads if you want to or make stupid sh!t like this a deal breaker the rest of your life and die alone. Who give a sh!t really.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 89
Posted: 6/6/2017 9:14:24 PM
It was annoying when it happened to me. Some online stranger and I were not on that level for terms of endearment. It's so generic and doesn't mean anything since they probably call all women that. Like Frances said...trying to earn "**** points" LOL! Go try that with someone else.
 illinigirl2168
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2017 11:46:26 AM
Maggie, do not give up!

You'll at first have hope, then get frustrated, but then you will learn how to weed the jerky guys out pretty quickly..just takes time and patience and most of all, a sense of humor and adventure.

And yes, to the OP topic..I'd say 80% of guys did that and I thought it was stupid..and became over time another way to weed them out (there's always exceptions, I imagine)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 91
Posted: 6/7/2017 11:51:34 AM

I get tired of being referred to as " beef injector ", " sausage supplier " and " meat " but .... for me , at this point, I'm just happy if someone wants it at all !

THIS !
 sun___flower
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2017 12:21:15 PM
^^^ I recall when some posters referred to you as 'Meat.'
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 93
Posted: 6/7/2017 12:32:46 PM
No, it was Mutton when my handle was Muttonforpunishment
 sun___flower
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2017 12:38:36 PM
I was referring to Meat when it was MeMeMeatlast.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 95
Posted: 6/7/2017 12:42:01 PM
oooooooooooooooooooooooh right

Forgot about that one.....not one of my better ones
 sun___flower
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2017 12:58:40 PM
It was a good screenname. The problem was reading comprehension.
 ready4u182
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/9/2017 3:12:50 AM
That's what guys are here for, don't think you're gonna find an old fashioned guy here.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 98
Posted: 6/9/2017 4:53:46 AM
My nickname for my exe was snugglepuss...we both laughed when I use to say it...her nickname for me was pain...your a pain...she would say...giving a stranger a nickname seems odd and I would not like it early stages of a relationship
 JTGiGi
Msg: 99
Posted: 6/14/2017 5:35:25 PM
Yes, happens to me all the time. I have had some people on here act very normal and nice and polite and have given my number too. Then when they text me.. it is very sexually explicit.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 100
Posted: 6/14/2017 6:29:30 PM
Were they close up shots?

You can always send them an explicit pic and see how they feel being treated that way
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Girls.. Does this happen to you?