Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Girls.. Does this happen to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 101
Girls.. Does this happen to you?Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

Yes, happens to me all the time. I have had some people on here act very normal and nice and polite and have given my number too. Then when they text me.. it is very sexually explicit.

Yes the scum of the earth, also go on dating sites and trick women it giving out their numbers...a few write on these very threads, but not all men are that way...it's just learning to spot the good from the bad and learning to make the right choices, in the man you choose to date...advice from male friends might help? Don't give yourself away on a first date...make the guy work for you affection and make sure you insist on paying for yourself...that way he won't think you owe him anything
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Girls.. Does this happen to you?
Posted: 8/3/2017 1:55:37 PM

Am I being old fashion?

No, OP. It makes you appear to be a feminist. (So much more modern.)

I checked your profile and -- sure enough -- you're a Blue Stater.

In the case of a lot of men, I would guess they've fallen in love with your pretty picture. And they're already fanaticizing that YOU might be the ONE. To others, it may be just a simple courtesy.

It may depend upon the environment in which one was raised. Maybe some localities are warmer and gentler than others. Maybe beats the Halifax out of living in a metropolis where we dare not even make eye contact.

If you don't like Terms of Affection, better NOT move down South.

And to you men -- if you don't like loads of pretty women hugging you all the time instead of just saying "Hello", you better not move down South either.

"Bless your heart."
 moraima
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 3:12:57 PM
" "Hello", you better not move down South either.

"Bless your heart.""

Bless your heart too!

Suggest none of you move up north or internationally because chances are you will repeatedly told just how creepy your behaviour is.

Terms of Affection......................f...k, surely it makes sense to actually know someone before smothering them them with your idea of affection.................ew.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 3:19:05 PM
"Well, aren't you just precious, Moriama!"

Nothing "creepy" about you, Girl Friend.

But YOU wouldn't have to worry about getting a Hug down here. Nope! Doubt you get many hugs anywhere.

I have traveled pretty much all over the world. People are quite affectionate towards one another in many countries. Doubt you would be happy in any of those places.

No worries. VERY few Southerners are moving North. Blue Staters headed for Texas in droves, though.
 moraima
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 3:41:00 PM
"I have traveled pretty much all over the world. "

Me too.

People are quite affectionate towards one another in many countries.

Yes, " if " they know the other person.

They are more respect than to call a stranger "honey" etc.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/3/2017 3:58:24 PM
There's a woman at my work that says things like " thanks love " - which I find annoying. I mean, if you wanna call me "love " then SHOW ME some love , otherwise STFU with that phony crap
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 4:19:44 PM
Butterchuck,

Is she a Brit?

That expression sounds British.

While we are on the subject of Love, Hate, Regional values, and Culture Clashes, I just thought I'd throw this in.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/someone-painted-go-back-to-california-on-a-prius-in-portland/ar-BBDOgAz
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/3/2017 4:28:41 PM
^^^^

She's an Aussie or Kiwi, same thing
 Mister0Independent
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/3/2017 4:40:54 PM
Greeting women with "hey baby" or "sexy" is tactless. Beavis and Butthead do the same thing.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/3/2017 8:24:39 PM
I usually say outta spats but
"But YOU wouldn't have to worry about getting a Hug down here. Nope! Doubt you get many hugs anywhere."
I would say yes, yes she does. Sorry you got up of the bytch side of bed Lu
I loathe strangers trying to hug and touch me.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 9:12:05 PM

Sorry you got up of the bytch side of bed Lu
I loathe strangers trying to hug and touch me.

Sounds like a personal problem to me, Ouij

" "Hello", you better not move down South either.

"Bless your heart.""

Bless your heart too!

Suggest none of you move up north or internationally because chances are you will repeatedly told just how creepy your behaviour is.

Terms of Affection......................f...k, surely it makes sense to actually know someone before smothering them them with your idea of affection.................ew.

Or maybe another "bytchy" one started it.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/4/2017 7:30:19 AM
I gentle pat on this ass is harmless
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/4/2017 3:14:33 PM

The last guy seemed great but I called him out and that ended that. I dont want to miss a great guy, but that poop irritates me. Meet be first, be sure w like each other before you get down to flirting with me.

So, everything seemed great, then you decided to define his entire character on a term of endearment? Oh, the horror of it all. Yeah, he's a real poopyhead.

Good luck in your search, sexy. You're going to need it.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/4/2017 4:59:40 PM
Lu
so you enjoy random sweaty ugly strangers hugging you?
Hmmm
No. Hugging and touching and fondling strangers not ok
God gifted me with the death stare to avoid that if possible.
Always a tad Uncle Bob , he who never wed creepy
I take sexy over Sunshine for 100 Alex. I have always been called pet names, from ppl I am friends with, lover, great
Next guy who says " hey smile" going to take a stir stick in the eye Ninja style
 Ouija2025
Msg: 115
Posted: 8/4/2017 5:54:28 PM
So Lu why do you think Moira doesn't get hugs?
Boundaries
Not so needy for human contact she will be pawed by strangers?
I am curious.. you made that comment for a reason
Day I let strangers hug me for some weird reason day I stop buying shoes, and that isn't happening
I have also been in the South - no, grabbing strangers not the normal Lu
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2017 6:50:12 PM

I have also been in the South - no, grabbing strangers not the normal Lu

I certainly concur with your there, Ouija.

God gifted me with the death stare

I concur with your there, as well, Ouija

Why would you say something like that? You seem like a very bright person, Ouija. Are you feeling alright today?

So Lu why do you think Moira doesn't get hugs?

I am curious.. you made that comment for a reason

Well, let’s see, Ouija…..

In my Post #105, I commented that MEN who don’t like getting hugs from pretty WOMEN would not like Southern customs. (NO Strangers mentioned, NO men groping women, mentioned -- except by you.)

Then, Moriama -- who had not participated in the thread so far -- comes flying in from outta nowhere. She accuses me of suggesting that hugs should come from perfect strangers, (when that is NOT what I said) She then calls Southerners creepy, and even curses at me.

That’s a little over the top, don’t you think?

So, Ouija, yes, Moria’s picture is quite pretty. But porcupines are cute, too. No one wants to hug them, either. Not even sweaty, ugly strangers.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2017 7:12:53 PM

MEN who don’t like getting hugs from pretty WOMEN

Morons.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/9/2017 6:12:22 AM

In my Post #105, I commented that MEN who don’t like getting hugs from pretty WOMEN would not like Southern customs.

The only time I don't like it is when something bad happens. I had a woman I had talked to briefly at a local bar come up and hug me the second time she saw me. I was sitting on a bar stool and she was standing. (she's 5'10'') She pressed my head so hard into her chest it broke my glasses.

I was pissed at first, but figured if they *had* to break, this wasn't the worst way possible.
 spot4username
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2017 6:52:05 AM
I'm about as Southern as a girl can get. I do not like people in my personal space. I do not like cheesy endearments. Stereotypes aren't always on point.

Isn't it great that we aren't all the same in this great big beautiful world?
 sun___flower
Msg: 120
view profile
History
'What Is Creepy' Continued
Posted: 8/9/2017 11:22:36 AM
Ouija

We forgot to add this to the 'what is creepy' thread. *shudder*
 moraima
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2017 7:58:40 AM
"Then, Moriama -- who had not participated in the thread so far -- comes flying in from outta nowhere. "

Didn't get the memo saying people had to be invited into this thread.

"She accuses me of suggesting that hugs should come from perfect strangers, (when that is NOT what I said) She then calls Southerners creepy, and even curses at me.

That’s a little over the top, don’t you think?"

That is you twisted version of my post.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2017 9:02:51 AM

That is you twisted version of my post.

Oh My!!!! I'm being trolled again!! What a surprise on these forums!! LOL.
 moraima
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2017 9:32:34 AM
"I'm being trolled again!!

My posts are about the topic.

Not everything is about you Lu.

I was surprised when you thought I was cursing you, but let it go until you kept it up. The curse (as was the rest of what I posted) was at the idea of not having personal boundaries.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2017 9:37:52 AM
^^^^^^

LOL. LOL. LOL.

Of course you're not a forum troll, Dear.
 Fikirimi
Msg: 125
Posted: 8/10/2017 2:43:22 PM
I have not had that exact experience, but for me it depends on context. If someone I barely knew was calling me babe and sexy right away, I'd assume he was only interested in sex. Next. However, there have been guys I've messaged with who we have had good chemistry almost immediately, and it didn't take long for a little light hearted flirting to happen. They still haven't called me babe or sexy, so apparently they have class. Am still talking to them.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Girls.. Does this happen to you?