Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Girls.. Does this happen to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Girls.. Does this happen to you?Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
https://www.realsimple.com/health/mind-mood/dont-sweat-small-stuff
 feirene
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Girls.. Does this happen to you?
Posted: 4/16/2018 1:10:02 PM
Lol, old ladies can get away with just about anything.
I like them off people i know unless someone i don't really like uses the word a lot, sweetie is one i used to like but hate it now as it reminds me of one person.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2018 9:40:25 PM
the OP writes,,
----[Sweet danimal I am guessing you are still single... this post was written for girls opinions on the issue. I suggest maybe you read, internalize what we are saying and apply it to your dating life.]

WOW,, This Texas Chick thinks ya may need to adjust your 'tude,,,, a tad.
You will find that Men will/can have useful insight, as well as women. You will find many Southern men/women do it as they speak this way being raised such, its not ment to distress.
 reverendswine
Msg: 154
Posted: 4/20/2018 8:08:33 AM
If someone using a term of endearment is as bad as your day gets, you're living a charmed f*cking life. No doubt about it.

It's actually rare for me to go to a convenience store here and *not* hear them from women behind the registers.

Hell, I had a Spanish woman at the pizza joint down the road from me call me "Papi" last week.

I should have blown a gasket and let her know how "creepy" and "predatory" it was. Maybe even stalkerish!
 cooldog65
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2018 8:27:11 AM
^^^ I don't get it as often as you do. I must be lacking the swine swagger...
 reverendswine
Msg: 156
Posted: 4/20/2018 8:37:19 AM
I would guess they do the same with the other customers, as well. In the world we live in today, I just can't see how this is so horrible.
 from site to sight
Msg: 157
Posted: 4/20/2018 9:39:13 AM
It happens so often, I don't know how many times I've been called "Hun" by female cashiers, store clerks, restaurant staff. I'm assuming it's short for Honey. I never felt a need to tell them "I'm not your honey". I just go with the flow.
 julystorm7
Msg: 158
Posted: 4/21/2018 7:21:45 AM
In certain places it's a normal part of your culture, the pet names. However, in my neck of the woods it's rare unless it's an adult calling a younger kid something. So here to call someone honey or darling or sweetie would be like infantalizing them.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2018 12:51:59 PM
If I'm not even dating the guy yet and he is doing it I'd think either he was something of a player or reaally needy and desperate maybe. It just is something you do once you are dating or commited
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2018 1:02:55 PM

. He proposed that we take it further than the date and described a night of passion, focused on my pleasure, including the most expensive of everything (champagne, room, etc)

When you reject them for something serious is when you can see their true intentions and nature.
Seen it so many times, they either get upset which is natural and cut off, kinda rare. Or will ask if just sex is an option. Maybe beg. Try to act like its going to be only for your/the lady's pleasure.
That's how fwb with my ex started lol.
2nd last dude I dated tried to tempt me by saying he will dress up and role play my butler and we would go to a hotel.
One ex kept trying to offer me money if I'd sleep with him.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2018 1:25:26 AM

Hell, I had a Spanish woman at the pizza joint down the road from me call me "Papi" last week.

I should have blown a gasket and let her know how "creepy" and "predatory" it was. Maybe even stalkerish!

Or in response, ask her if she wanted to butter your breadstick! After all, she was being SO forward. What goes around, cums around!

If I'm not even dating the guy yet and he is doing it I'd think either he was something of a player or reaally needy and desperate maybe.

Depends what pet-label he's using, what people in the environment typically use, the context, and how often. One shouldn't have a "No Way-dar" on merely hearing the word "babe" or "hot stuff" in any situation in any way.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2018 10:26:15 AM
If you get in line at Starbucks. and they ask for a name to write on the cup, tell them to make one up for you --- that's a pretty good barometer for what is going on in their head at the time.
"Mc Dreamy" - probably on the positive side
"The Incredible Bulk" - probably not so much
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2018 10:29:09 AM
Reverend:
If someone using a term of endearment is as bad as your day gets, you're living a charmed f*cking life. No doubt about it.
If this upsets people, they'd better never walk into a Waffle House. Or go anywhere in the deep south lol.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2018 10:35:27 AM
Dan wrote:
If you get in line at Starbucks. and they ask for a name to write on the cup, tell them to make one up for you --- that's a pretty good barometer for what is going on in their head at the time.
Actually this would be a good idea for fun and a laugh on a first meet and greet. An icebreaker. Tell them to put "Iwannabangunow" on the cup, and see if your date notices it. Or "Hunglikeahorse" ....or something ...um more innocuous , but still funny. Of course according to some women here "ElCheapo" would be appropriate?
 cooldog65
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2018 11:02:33 AM

If I had a hot female barista, my name would be Haywood Jablowme...
 reverendswine
Msg: 166
Posted: 6/12/2018 4:28:09 PM
I forgot this was a thread I had posted in before and started with page 1. I saw this and had to respond.

Lucille "Eternal Sunshine" Dixon wrote: I HATE being referred to as those things by men that I don't know.

Honestly, I believe you hate BREATHING. I don't believe I have ever seen a post from you in any thread that wasn't an angry rant expressing your burning contempt for POF.

Sure, there are others just like you, and you all have the same thing in common. You choose to stay. Yet somehow you think the men you deal with are the idiots here.

Sorry, but this silly shit makes about as much sense as choosing to frequent a restaurant with lousy food and service.
 Rita337
Msg: 167
Posted: 7/16/2018 1:57:56 PM
Happens almost every time. I was talking online to a younger guy last week. About 5 minutes into the conversation, he says "So if we go out and have sex, you can't get pregnant, right." I'm thinking SERIOUSLY???? It is very annoying. Let's just talk for a bit before this stuff comes up.
 Rita337
Msg: 168
Posted: 7/16/2018 1:58:56 PM
And I HATE "hun". Ugh.,
 NewYorker58
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2018 6:44:03 PM
Rita, I hope you kicked that ahole to the curb.

Anyone calling me sweetie, honey, that I'm talking to online is pretty classless.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2018 7:30:17 PM

I'll have to try that at any place when they ask for that. Of course, afterward, I'd hate to hear them say: "Mr Small Pee Pee, your order is ready. Mr Small Pee Pee..." :)

Rita, I hope you kicked that ahole to the curb.

They were just chatting online, so any "curb" being involved would be a stretch. Regardless, him saying "If we go out and have sex, you can't get pregnant, right?" -- he's not exactly trying to win her heart, so there is no "curb" anyway. But it makes us feel better to trick ourselves into think WE are in the power position, when we're not.

Anyone calling me sweetie, honey, that I'm talking to online is pretty classless.

It's not universally classless, no. One is in error if they see it as classless, and one is also in error to think everyone should be a fan of it. It Can be classless, but just not knowing them much won't cut it. It's how it's delivered, to determine whether it's universally annoying or classless or somewhere in the positive range (even if one still isn't a fan of it).
 NewYorker58
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2018 7:42:03 PM
She does have power. She has the power to say FU. He created a curb by asking that question.

They may use that terminology in southern states, but I don't live in a southern state. If I did, I'd have to come to expect to hear that.
 ssm508
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2018 9:13:49 PM
Women such as waitresses have called me names such as "hun" etc. Not just in the South either. It didn't bother me. But if someone doesn't like it, they can politely tell the other person to stop.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2018 9:25:15 PM
I don't want to be spoken to like I'm a client at a low end diner. Maybe men feel differently. I would never in a million years refer to someone I'm communicating with online with endearments, because they're just that, endearments. Not meant for strangers.
 FDB777
Msg: 174
Posted: 7/19/2018 11:12:26 AM

Honestly, I believe you hate BREATHING. I don't believe I have ever seen a post from you in any thread that wasn't an angry rant expressing your burning contempt for POF.

Sure, there are others just like you, and you all have the same thing in common. You choose to stay. Yet somehow you think the men you deal with are the idiots here.

Sorry, but this silly shit makes about as much sense as choosing to frequent a restaurant with lousy food and service.

Lol, hello there you long haired weirdo.Why are you even keeping tabs on what I've posted on this forum anyway? Because I certainly haven't noticed you...like ever. Pretty sure I'd remember some dingy looking white boy who looks like he has a deep freezer full of hacked bodies.

Find something else to do, Mr. Dahmer.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2018 11:30:21 AM

She does have power. She has the power to say FU. He created a curb by asking that question.

Everyone has the power to say FU. The "power" alone is worth $0.00. Creating a curb to be kicked from = you being into that person. My point was, he wasn't really into her by saying that crazy thing (unless alien from another place with no experience in Western or Eastern civilization) -- thus, no curb to kick off from. He was purposely crude to her.

An example is in some dating-relationships where one doesn't have the gonads to dump the other (kick them from the curb). So, they may cheat on them multiple times, not treat them well, etc. Said person being "dumped on" in that way, then "dumps" said significant other. Yah! You tell 'em! Kick 'em to the curb and dump them for cheating on you and not caring about ya! It helps ease the pain, having a sense of "control" They Did Not Really Have. :)

In reality, that other person wanted it to end, and was dumping On Them.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Girls.. Does this happen to you?