Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why be a Liar with your profile?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Why be a Liar with your profile?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Well, word has it that his solution is not having thinning hair. You can't juggle thinning hair and ponying up for big ring at the same time

Sure he can. He just recycles the same ring he gave to his last three wives.
 Maleman999
Msg: 103
Why be a Liar with your profile?
Posted: 3/1/2017 6:49:17 AM

Sure he can. He just recycles the same ring he gave to his last three wives.

Women have a habit of hanging onto engagement and wedding rings once their marriage ends. Do women keep a display somewhere, where she can say: "This ring set is from Bill. This one is from George. This here is from..."
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/1/2017 2:25:16 PM

He just recycles the same ring he gave to his last three wives.

LOL.!
That ring represent bad luck so it is not a good idea to keep it and use it with the next.

Women have a habit of hanging onto engagement and wedding rings once their marriage ends. Do women keep a display somewhere, where she can say: "This ring set is from Bill.

Yes, I think it is called "pawnshop"
 cotter
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2017 2:28:20 PM
^^^^
Seriously?

Men sure have some strange ideas about what women do when their done with them. YUGE vivid imaginations does not begin to describe it. But don't misunderstand ... it's cute to see how they think ... where their minds go.

My ex could not believe that anyone wants a divorce unless they already have someone lined up. So, of course he accused me of having a boyfriend. Never happened ... did not exist. My attitude has always been ... until you're done with one situation, you just don't start another. Not to mention that having another man in my life at that point was the last thing on my mind.

Fact is ... I didn't have a date until I finished nursing school ... 5 years later. The whole time though, my ex insisted I had some sort of man waiting in the wings.

I went from the divorce to taking care of my ill and dying parents straight into nursing school and then straight to work. That "date" wasn't even a date. I finally allowed myself the time to go out singing Karaoke again and found a high school friend doing the same thing.

The ring is only in with other old jewelry still because my daughter asked me to keep it for her ... so we pool our resources and sell off our old gold.

He never gave me a diamond until after we'd been married for two decades and then he told me he wanted it back.

He's still waiting on that one for no other reason than the fact the ring has little baby birthstones of my four children in it as well ... I'm not giving that up any more than I'd give up my children. In the 24 years since the divorce, it has increased in value 4 fold. (I take good care of my things.)
 gtomustang
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2017 3:34:08 PM
well...a ring collection still is less barbarian than dead Bambi heads on the wall. Yes, I know, there are hunters out there who like stuffed corpses in their houses. And they aren't looking to date me, which is cool.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2017 8:54:26 PM
I don't get how people fudge their birthdays and then put a disclaimer in their profile that POF won't let them change it. That is so lame.

Lame Liars. People don't forget their birthdays.

So some dumb f*ck is supposed to believe that when you were filling out your profile that you some how had amnesia and didn't remember the year you were born?

That is just a lie and the disclaimer makes you a liar twice. TWICE. POF gives you two weeks to change that personal information. Surely one would notice the mistake within that time frame and change it if they didn't want to intentionally LIE. .

No good. Next!!
 1stepbyawned
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/10/2017 5:00:57 AM

POF gives you two weeks to change that personal information, [/QUOTE]

Oh? That's interesting. Am I missing something, I just don't see how.
Or is it hidden like these forums?
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/10/2017 5:33:53 AM

This is another "wonder" of life.
---------------------------------

It is not the lie that bothers me. It's the insult to my intelligence that I find offensive.--unknown--

Some people have pictures on their profiles taken "100" years ago, they think we do not know or see the difference between a pic from "Then" and "Now"
 Nestaron
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/10/2017 6:56:06 AM
If someone wants to change their birth date nickname etc... it's at the bottom of the page in editing profile under essential information go and fix it. A disclaimer actually does not work, see when you sign up for POF, or any other website the information you give is no longer yours, pictures, etc... they owner of the website can do whatever they want with it as the terms of agreement contract you agreed to when signing up. And Rome Statue is nothing to do with internet policy or privacy act it's war crimes and crimes against humanity.

All people lie whether it's on the internet or in real life if you say you dont you be a lying. I dont need to tell people anything truthful about me it's not some obligation that I have to do. I tell the truth simply because I dont want to have to try to remember a lie why burden oneself when you dont need to.

I look at it this way there are 3 of you the one the world sees and knows, the you that your family and friends see, and the you that you are that is the most important one, it is full of secrets, and omitted information not given to others.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2017 7:05:19 AM
Hey Step.. no it is not hidden. It is in the initial application when you make the entries in your profile. It's just a statement of fair warning I guess that says that after two weeks nothing in that information can be changed. If you go to the menu and click EDIT PROFILE you can scroll down to your birth date and read this:

ESSENTIAL INFORMATION - You can change your birthday and gender within 2 weeks of signing up. After that, it can't be changed.

so Yes, I consider that to be a pretty LAME LIE when you have two weeks to change it and obviously you look like you are 65 and your profile says you are 48. Give it up.
 1stepbyawned
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/11/2017 2:06:41 AM
Hi poetry lady, now that you mention it I do seem to recall that.
No big deal , never felt inclined to lie about my age - now the salary and number of offspring , that's nobodies business!
 Perspektiv
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/11/2017 5:48:36 AM
I honestly don't think her lie was the issue. People lie on POF all the time. The issue to me, is you still decided to take her out to dinner.

Worse even. You waited for her, for over an hour. No woman is worth that type of wait.

Personally, if you don't give me a heads up you're running late--I wait 15 minutes, then am gone. Period.

My time is valuable to me. I won't let someone waste it. Only message you're sending her, is you're either desperate, or someone she can walk all over and will take it, in waiting. You're not gaining her respect, I can tell you that much.

I'll never give a woman a ride at the start of the date, but have at the end before (she had a car, but took the bus, not anticipating rain).

You're then stuck picking her up, and dropping her off after feeding her. Talk about royally screwed over.

I only take a woman to a low cost first date. Coffee, tea, snack or whatever. Method to madness. I can walk away, if things go off. Also, we meet, mutually (so she figures her own way to getting there).

I'm sorry, but you women want equality? I have a car, you should too (or take the bus).

This way you're only responsible for the date, and can wash your hands of things if she lies in any way shape or form.

I commit zero interest into a person, until we've met. Until then, I'm just cautiously optimistic.

Committing to someone you've never met yet, is foolish.

Whatever you've emailed to each other is irrelevant. Proof is in the pudding. Meet first, make decisions, after.
 Perspektiv
Msg: 114
Posted: 3/11/2017 5:58:35 AM
Also to answer the thread. Some people on here know they have little to no chance in meeting a significant other, so lie.
Cropped, angled shots. Lying about their child, relationship status, height, etc.

A full on bait and switch is kind of extreme, but most on here will lie on their profile in some way shape or form, that will benefit their dating.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2017 9:00:19 AM
I can get into the Forum right now but NOT my profile ....weird
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/11/2017 9:17:30 AM
^^^^That side of POF is down. The last few days...signing in on that side has been un-secure. I wonder if it's related.

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/pof.com.html
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2017 9:21:14 AM
Perfect timing - I'm supposed to meet someone today and POF is the only way I can communicate with her.

Maybe she will read this and understand I don't have access as of now

She might even muster the courage to click on " post reply " to let me know ....
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/11/2017 9:32:22 AM
OP set himself up with failure on that one.

What's this picking people up nonsense? When I was dating and guys requested that they pick me up from my house (that I shared with family), I told them "I have a car". Even if I lived alone, actually especially if I lived alone, I wouldn't allow online strangers to know where I lived.

If someone doesn't have a vehicle, they need to use alternate transportation if they intend to date. Uber, Lyft, public transportation, etc.

"1 attractive photo" doesn't mean you lose sensibility. "If the odds are too good, the goods are usually odd."

Lying on dating profiles isn't going anywhere. You need to be wiser about picking them.
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/11/2017 9:46:14 AM
The site is back up, Chuck. Hope it goes well for you!

OP made a rookie mistake...doubt he'll be making the same one twice. Lol
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2017 11:08:43 AM
Thanks cray cray

Man POF is f'd up today !
I can get to my profile but NOW I can't upload a photo , sheesh !

What year is this again ????

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/11/2017 11:10:59 AM
Don't keep us hanging did you manage to contact her Chuck?
 Dreams6102
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/11/2017 11:58:17 AM

Whenever I read " prefer not to say " , I think " Ya I bet you do ! " , haha

1+
 sun___flower
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2017 2:39:42 PM
Ouija
Don't keep us hanging did you manage to contact her Chuck?

Pfft, as if this is all he has to tell us. Now that he's told us he has a meet, he is obligated to give us a full report on it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why be a Liar with your profile?