Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Her Hair      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PennyAnte
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Her HairPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
This week on Monday she goes back in for surgery for another chemo port and the treatments to completely deplete her immune system will begin. These next few weeks will be the most crucial and critical time for her. Your continued prayers would be deeply appreciated. Now is the time for my trust and faith in the power of prayer. We have thousands of prayer warriors and God hears our every thought. Thank you so much to all of you for your kind and consoling words.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 27
Her Hair
Posted: 3/11/2017 6:58:16 PM
A warrior can but fight.
She has you for a Momma Bear, thinking she is way tougher than even you know
I will continue to hold you both in my Heart MJ
Stay strong. For her
 PennyAnte
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Her Hair
Posted: 3/21/2017 8:57:25 AM
My daughter read this poem to me on Sunday. I am so proud of her. She is purely straight up head on fighting. No cowering, no doubt. She is going to KICK CANCER'S ASS!!!

Invictus

by William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeoning s of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
 forumslady
Msg: 29
Her Hair
Posted: 3/21/2017 12:37:23 PM
PennyAnte- I can tell you based on what I've seen and experienced that fighting makes a difference.
People with an attitude like your daughters CAN beat it.
I hope, more than anything, that she does.
Blessings to her, you and all of your family.
I'm rooting for her.
Keep us posted.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Her Hair
Posted: 3/21/2017 4:08:42 PM
Thank you Lady. She says on the 24th. This Friday... She will be REBORN. That is when they will begin to introduce the stem cells. I am starting to believe and my faith is getting strong.

On February 15th this past month we lost our family Matriarch. She was my Aunt who held our family together with many traditions and great love. She died within 2 months of being diagnosed with breast cancer. I lost faith for awhile and I've been afraid for my daughters life...but Jessica has showed me amazing strength and fortitude and determination. She has two sons and a fight in her like a warrrior. She is my superhero!! . I tell her she is gonna win and if not for her she will win for her boys.

Thank you Lady. Your kindness means a lot to me.
 forumslady
Msg: 31
Her Hair
Posted: 3/21/2017 5:53:00 PM
PennyAnte- You're welcome. :)
 PennyAnte
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Her Hair
Posted: 4/4/2017 1:38:41 PM
She has had a set back. The chemo started on the 13th of March and the hospitalization on the 17th. Yesterday the news was that she could be released in 3-4 days. We were happy and planning a small Easter celebration.

Today she is suffering with sores in her mouth and cannot even speak. She hasn't been able to eat and her blood count is down. The Doctors are now talking about her remaining in isolation for another week and she is crushed.

I told her God didn't take her this far to just leave her now. That the Dr. are being precautions and it would be better to stay now than to go home and have to go back with more complications than she is having now. I told her God's timing is best and not to fret much or worry.

I related to her as I have been in hospital before for weeks at a time back in the late 80's with meningitis and I know how lonely it can be and frustrating to feel so confined. I told her to pray.

I told her some days God just tells me that it is time to rest and I do nothing else.. It's time for him to restore my body, my heart and my mind and that is what she needs. Maybe that that is all this is about her resting to gain the strength she needs to be discharged.

I wanted to go to see her today. Uber is about 60.00 round trip and I have been using them because I like to stay as long as I want and not have friends waiting in the lobby or otherwise to bring me back and forth and she said she didn't want anyone to see her in the state she was in.

It scared me.. and It left me blank.. Not really knowing what to say but that that was alright and not to be afraid that she hurt my feelings because she doesn't want me to go today.

We have many prayer warriors.. and again I'm asking for prayers for her to return to health, stamina, energy, well being, peace.

Any one who has helped their child with a terminal illness and would know best words for comfort in this disappointing set back please offer me some words and advice. I feel drained and I need strength.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 33
Her Hair
Posted: 4/4/2017 2:59:22 PM
Best she stay since her system is compromised from the Chemo. Sores are quite common. I hope she is having stuff like Boost, can you get her yogurt? Popsicles if the Drs allow it, and Ju Jubes
You can have a mini Easter up there with her :)

Make sure you get rest and proper food MB.. you need to keep your strength up.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Her Hair
Posted: 5/7/2017 4:17:22 PM
Thank you Stew. I lost another 3 pounds so I'm taking supplements. The Doctors are suggesting that Jess needs radiation now. It wasn't in the original treatment plan so she is upset by it. I'm hoping for the very best.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Her Hair
Posted: 5/27/2017 4:24:59 PM
So sorry to learn this.

Thoughts and prayers of me and many in my church will be with you, your daughter and whole family.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Her Hair
Posted: 6/1/2017 11:36:32 AM
Jess had to go through radiation after the chemo therapy and the stem cell transplant. They still have to target 5 tumors. Seventeen radiation treatments were prescribed. She had to have one every day. She had a day off on Sunday and we were able to visit. Otherwise she is keeping herself fairly isolated and has to be very careful with food prep.

Today is June 1. She has 6 more radiation treatments to go. They will end on June 6 and then the waiting game for scans again.

Please keep her in you prayers and her two sons George and John. Thank you for everyone here who has been so kind with words. Words are powerful and they help me more than you know.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 37
Her Hair
Posted: 6/1/2017 11:45:20 AM
God Bless you & your family Penny Ante! XOX
 Ouija2025
Msg: 38
Her Hair
Posted: 6/1/2017 12:19:45 PM
Only 6 more to go. You make sure you taking care of yourself Doll,k?
Say hi to her when you visit. I'll send you some new pictures of Lily
 PennyAnte
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Her Hair
Posted: 6/1/2017 1:29:52 PM
Yes :) Send me some Lily Love. <3
 AtSquare1
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Her Hair
Posted: 6/1/2017 2:41:37 PM
PennyAnte, really sorry to hear you have been going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your daughter and your family during this time.

Reading though the thread, it's clear you're in a lot of people's thoughts and prayers, which is testament to your warmth and kindness that you show and write to individuals, particularly in his forum. You're an incredibly strong willed person and I'm sure you can find both the strength and faith to keep going through all of this.

You probably don't remember, but I some time ago posted a thread about my heartache, and you replied with such a kind and emphatic response, which still resonates with me all these months later. I hope this, and the other replies from fellow members will have the same affect.

Sending hugs and prayers your way.
 forumslady
Msg: 41
Her Hair
Posted: 6/1/2017 8:43:45 PM
PennyAnte- All of you, especially your daughter, are still in my thoughts.
Healthcare professionals do the best they can to explain things to you, but if there is anything you are wondering about or want to know, please feel free to send me a private message and I will answer asap.
If all you need is someone to chat with, pm me for that too.
Many blessings to you and your daughter.
 John252817
Msg: 42
Her Hair
Posted: 6/2/2017 11:29:05 PM
Another poster who has you in my thoughts and prayers Penny. Prayer is powerful, you obviously know that and feel it. So more and more you and your daughter's way!!
 marisia
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Her Hair
Posted: 7/30/2017 7:55:47 AM
Hi penny antenna, I have just read about your daughter.. It's a few weeks since you posted, whatever is happening I send you love and strength. I hope your daughter is still with you and improving.. You sound like a beautiful person and mum.. I pray the angels are watching over you both and God, jess gives you strength.. Mxx
 marisia
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Her Hair
Posted: 7/30/2017 7:56:00 AM
Hi penny antenna, I have just read about your daughter.. It's a few weeks since you posted, whatever is happening I send you love and strength. I hope your daughter is still with you and improving.. You sound like a beautiful person and mum.. I pray the angels are watching over you both and God, jess gives you strength.. Mxx
 marisia
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Her Hair
Posted: 7/30/2017 8:11:48 AM
Penny Ante, I have just read your poetry.. What beautiful words.. Your daughter will always be in your heart and on the breeze.. I don't think I have any words to bring you comfort.. But I'm sending love, hugs and prayers. I hope your good memories somehow help you through the sadness and help you smile not just today but tomorrow and all your tomorrow's..mxx
 marisia
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Her Hair
Posted: 7/30/2017 8:35:54 AM
Sorry meant ante, jesus
 PennyAnte
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Her Hair
Posted: 7/31/2017 6:24:05 AM
I like Penny Antenna. :)
 PennyAnte
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Update on Jessica.
Posted: 7/31/2017 6:40:59 AM
I saw her on my birthday. She looks so beautiful. Her hair is growing back and color is coming back into her complexion. She looked happy. I was so happy to be able to tell that some of her pain that was lingering so long through out the treatment was gone. God answer our prayers.
 2ufo2
Msg: 49
Update on Jessica.
Posted: 7/31/2017 6:45:03 AM
^^^
An excellent birthday present.
 sun___flower
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Update on Jessica.
Posted: 7/31/2017 12:55:59 PM

I saw her on my birthday. She looks so beautiful. Her hair is growing back and color is coming back into her complexion. She looked happy. I was so happy to be able to tell that some of her pain that was lingering so long through out the treatment was gone. God answer our prayers.

This is great news, Penny! I am so glad to hear this. May God bless you and Jessica.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Her Hair