Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why did he ghost me? Cowards way out?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spot4username
Msg: 226
view profile
History
I hear, I know. I see, I remember. I do, I understand.Page 10 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I have also been attacked by a couple of the women in this thread in the past. I let it go because well... consider the source(s).

There is a common denominator among the ones who have said things about/to me (and others). It isn't difficult to figure out why they lash out in an anonymous place such as this.

I could go back and show quotes and "help" people remember threads but what good would that do? Expose their hypocrisy? Drive home the point that they suffer from self-esteem issues? Turn the tide? Get people to say nice things about me? Get people to say mean things about other people?

None of that matters because

This is a silly little forum that is sparsely populated. None of the women or men who have said ugly things about me know me nor will they ever. They have no bearing on my life. The friends that I have made here are the only ones who have the ability to affect my life in any way.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 227
I hear, I know. I see, I remember. I do, I understand.
Posted: 1/18/2018 6:54:01 AM
^^Well said Spot4username...
There's always gonna be someone that doesn't like what you said or how you said it.....on here.
People get offended easy and for some reason....the people on here matter too much to some...strange...imo.
A few only like people that agree with them all the time and follow them from post to post...stroking their egos.

Maybe some come on here to find a partner...so they may flirt, bloviate, brag to better themselves.
There may be posters that live in a fantasyland/some may have self esteem issues/some may have mental issues...not all are smart and reasonable minded...go figure.

I have learned long ago not to share too much of myself on these forums .
Sure, sometimes it's fun to poke at such people....that are so big on themselves and tell outlandish stories.
I admit....I've done so myself.
Guess...that's the mean girl in me.

I usually will interject when someone tries to tell me..."How I think" and what works for them...bla...bla..
For the record...I've had no rows with HS
 cooldog65
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Why did he ghost me? Cowards way out?
Posted: 1/18/2018 8:02:48 AM

What's your point, haters are gonna hate, too bad, too sad for them.

Throw your hands in the air...Wave them like you just don't care...Yo!
 Whisky_River
Msg: 229
Posted: 1/18/2018 8:52:07 AM
Exactly Cool...I'm heading to the mall and gonna try to look receptive to be picked up...who knew?
 9Pluto
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2018 10:58:22 AM
Whisky R
I admit....I've done so myself.
Guess...that's the mean girl in me.
I usually will interject when someone tries to tell me..."How I think" and what works for them...bla...bla..
For the record...I've had no rows with HS
An old adage about not throwing stones in glass houses comes to mind. Live and let live.
For the record, halcyon is a 9 when it comes to snits, drawing from personal experience..

Spot
I have also been attacked by a couple of the women in this thread in the past. I let it go because well... consider the source(s).
There is a common denominator among the ones who have said things about/to me (and others). It isn't difficult to figure out why they lash out in an anonymous place such as this.
I could go back and show quotes and "help" people remember threads but what good would that do? Expose their hypocrisy? Drive home the point that they suffer from self-esteem issues? Turn the tide? Get people to say nice things about me? Get people to say mean things about other people?
^^^This is quite a battery of artfully veiled insults, so I disagree respectfully - you have not let it go and have a grudge, or at minimum displeasure. I do agree in your showing it at a place and time of your convenience, though shattering your own glass ceiling. It is a good approach --nothing is perfect-- to avoid direct conflict and still keep your independence from being in the echo chamber. To morally take a higher ground, not so much
We are all shades of gray.
Personally, I think each individual personality, even the ones that rub me wrong, brings an interesting perspective as a sounding board -- and lemons usually are needed for the best lemonade...
 KJ521
Msg: 231
Posted: 1/18/2018 11:22:39 AM
"Personally, I think each individual personality, even the ones that rub me wrong, brings an interesting perspective as a sounding board -- and lemons usually are needed for the best lemonade..."

Nicely expressed, Mr. Pluto. :)

And this...."We are all shades of gray"....is wonderful!

***Might even be some Mr. Greys in these waters, I hear. ;) ;)
 ohenryx
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2018 12:31:06 PM

KJ521
And this...."We are all shades of gray"....is wonderful!

***Might even be some Mr. Greys in these waters, I hear. ;) ;)

Are you by chance referring to Christian Grey, the protagonist in Fifty Shades of Grey? The one who was better looking than Brad Pitt, richer than Bill Gates, and better hung than Johnny Holmes? That Mr. Grey?

I somehow don’t think you’ll find anyone like that around these parts.
 KJ521
Msg: 233
Posted: 1/18/2018 12:45:18 PM
^^^^I suspect you are right Mr. Ohenry.

It's usually one out of the three. :/

If he has two? That's like the Pof jackpot! :D
 Shower_Orange
Msg: 234
Posted: 1/18/2018 1:04:24 PM

Are you by chance referring to Christian Grey, the protagonist in Fifty Shades of Grey? The one who was better looking than Brad Pitt, richer than Bill Gates, and better hung than Johnny Holmes? That Mr. Grey?

I wonder how many people would be willing to experience all that Christian Grey had to offer if he wasn't good-looking, wasn't rich, nor well-hung.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2018 1:10:27 PM
Arlo, a person is not fit just because they're young. My exercising has bumped up with my age, and that's how you stay fit. I could bore you with telling you my workout routine, but all a guy really needs to know is that I do yoga and I'm VERY flexible
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2018 1:27:44 PM

I have about 9 large grocery stores in my neighborhood, not counting the Super Walmart.

Not in your quadrant of the city, but your mere neighborhood, there's a Super Walmart, and 8 other Grocery stores (not convenience stores with a few freezers like many have; but a place For groceries)??

There's got to be a reason for it.

Maybe a neighborhood fetish for groceries IF what you say is truly the case in your mere neighborhood of the non-metropolis city. :)

How do you know the men you see in stores are eligible, and how many are in each store? Do they wear a sign saying they're eligible

Because according to her, tons of them consistently follow/stalk her there and hit on her. She needs no POF -- she has the 1 particular grocery store out of 9 in her neighborhood to easily find some sausage knocking on her door. :)

Yes, there are customers who just show up to shop and GTFO.

I think that's by far most people in a mere store. :)

I worked in the office, and some coworkers would stop what they were doing to come back and say, "the yoga instructor is back, aisle 3"

Nice. But, you're not there as a shopper. You're there to deal with people who are shopping there. But since you had that POV -- did they notice any folks just hanging out there like it was a bar (sans really old seniors & bums)?

how do we find eligible people in our lives? they're the ones doing what we're doing

So eligible people are porking the girl I'm porking? Well, makes sense. She doesn't seem like the type to do "taken" people. ;)

--looking around for partners, showing interest in people rather than in their cellphone

No, I agree eligible people are doing what people in general do. However, most people -- young AND not young -- refer to their cell for communication or play when in an environment of strangers, and nowadays Instinctively not to seem like they're staring at the wall.

That is a physical impossibility. A 59 year-old body is simply not as resilient as a 20 year-old body.

Ehhh, not impossible. Her teens could have been eating like Jabba and at 20, hitting her pinnacle of poor health & extreme obesity. You can look better much older, if when way younger you were in horrible-shape. By default, since she's not "modelesque" by any means (within 50-60 range) -- ya gotta take what she's saying as being in pretty poor shape @20.

I somehow don’t think you’ll find anyone like that around these parts.

At NY's grocery store, you're bound to find a Mr Grey in the cucumber aisle. :)
 KJ521
Msg: 237
Posted: 1/18/2018 1:28:09 PM
“I wonder how many people would be willing to experience all that Christian Grey had to offer if he wasn't good-looking, wasn't rich, nor well-hung.”

I would imagine quite a few since there are websites and whatnot dedicated to...the all that Christian Grey had to offer...minus the three attributes listed.

The more interesting question would be...
Which one of three attributes listed would be most important in considering experiencing the all he had to offer. ;)
 Shower_Orange
Msg: 238
Posted: 1/18/2018 1:36:01 PM

Which one of three attributes listed would be most important in considering experiencing the all he had to offer. ;)

If you're truly interested in experiencing all that Mr. Grey had to offer, why should any of those three attributes be a factor in your consideration? None *should* matter.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2018 2:27:13 PM
NG, nice hypothesis, but I wasn't a fat kid. What's wrong with you people, doesn't anyone exercise, lol? The older I get, the more I exercise, is that so hard to understand☺ I hate to see what you guys look like IRL. Where are your pics, NG? I posted a new one from when I was about 14 years old. I've always been somewhat athletic and fit. I rode and took care of horses every day.
 ohenryx
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2018 2:56:21 PM

KJ521
It's usually one out of the three. :/

If he has two? That's like the Pof jackpot! :D

I doubt, seriously doubt, that the average woman, over the course of her entire life, will ever date a man who has even ONE of those three attributes.

I think, statistically speaking, the best odds might be for her to date someone very good looking. Truly rich, as in billionaire rich, there are only 540 such in the entire United States. So very slim odds on actually meeting and dating one. And equivalent to Johnny Holmes, I think that’s also going to be very few.

But extremely good looking men? Better odds there. Still not good, but possible. Especially when you consider that people have different ideas about exactly who is attractive.

norwegianguy456
At NY's grocery store, you're bound to find a Mr Grey in the cucumber aisle. :)

Not so fast, my friend. Have you ever seen the legendary Johnny Holmes? He puts cucumbers to shame.

Shower_Orange
I wonder how many people would be willing to experience all that Christian Grey had to offer if he wasn't good-looking, wasn't rich, nor well-hung.

KJ521
I would imagine quite a few since there are websites and whatnot dedicated to...the all that Christian Grey had to offer...minus the three attributes listed.

A very good, and very interesting, hypothetical question. In my scholarly opinion, it would break down like this:

40% of women would choose the money
40% of women would choose the looks
20% (or less) the Johnny Holmes attribute
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 241
Posted: 1/18/2018 3:05:08 PM
NYer58---
I posted a new one from when I was about 14 years old.

Shades of Elizabeth Taylor in National Velvet!

You go! Want to see those pecs flexing, too!

;-)
 gtomustang
Msg: 242
Posted: 1/18/2018 3:11:22 PM
Pluto, I suspect the two words you wanted were....sour, and grapes :) ah well, I get my intelligence questioned by someone here, I respond, they fail to push their case, so they must agree i'm right. So I agree with the title you choose. I also agree, contrary opinions expressed freely, do serve a purpose. Its good to know other human beings do not think as we do. Many times, people have mentioned something that made me go look it up, whereas I would have never thought to research that subject before. and when I find out i'm right as usual, it's always nice to boost the confidence :)

(don't vomit on the keyboard, I was kidding in that last sentence. well, sorta :) )

"I wonder how many people would be willing to experience all that Christian Grey had to offer if he wasn't good-looking, wasn't rich, nor well-hung."

>>>I've posted before, i'm a firm believer...we put up with a lot less of "cost" to pay, in order to get pleasure. This forum is full of posts from people complaining someone disappeared on them, or puts them thru the wringer. And we all know, that it wouldn't happen if they weren't looking for sex or romance from their abuser.

"Nice. But, you're not there as a shopper. You're there to deal with people who are shopping there. But since you had that POV -- did they notice any folks just hanging out there like it was a bar (sans really old seniors & bums)?"

>>>Admittedly, this was before the cellphone app that let's you know someone in the bacon aisle is looking for a good pork. but, it was a store in a small town. a majority of customers were there to get in and out. Then there were people who bought a coffee, ambled thru, bumped into neighbors (and a letter repeated in the local paper, was that people met their neighbors more in the store, than when they came home, locked the front door, and cocooned). i'll confess, I wasn't really checking out male hanging out patterns. But, there was a bit of socializing, it wasn't a place like WalMart where the cashiers are timed on how fast they get a customer thru the line. we were a bit more relaxed. One manager was a true pain in the ass, kissing up to the boss, who I could divert with some car show photos. i'm not saying we could stand around forever, but the boss kinda realized small town interaction created an atmosphere that brought customers back.

ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 243
Posted: 1/18/2018 3:48:18 PM

What's wrong with you people, doesn't anyone exercise, lol?

My cardio routine alone would land you in the hospital.

"lol" at the 50 Shades crap. While bdsm dungeons surely benefitted from the spike in memberships due to the release of the books and movies, the garbage portrayed in both was nothing but actual abuse with bdsm props. The trilogy should be thought of as a stalker-thriller more than anything else.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 244
Posted: 1/18/2018 4:21:06 PM

(NewYorker58) Arlo, a person is not fit just because they're young.

Not at all what I said. I said that it physically impossible to be as fit at 59 years of age, as at 20. See my points below to SwedishChef456.

(NewYorker58) My exercising has bumped up with my age, and that's how you stay fit.

No sh!t, Sherlock. That in no way addresses your silly and fallacious statement about being just as fit as you were at 20.

(NewYorker58) I could bore you with telling you my workout routine, but all a guy really needs to know is that I do yoga and I'm VERY flexible

I can believe that you have a rather rigourous workout regimen; what I cannot believe, because it cannot be objectively true, is that you are as fit now, as when you were 20. Your commitment and dedication may be equal to, or even superior to, that of 20 year-old you, but you are *NOT* as fit as you were at 20. Again, see below.

(AT) That is a physical impossibility. A 59 year-old body is simply not as resilient as a 20 year-old body.

(SwedishChef456) Ehhh, not impossible. Her teens could have been eating like Jabba and at 20, hitting her pinnacle of poor health & extreme obesity. You can look better much older, if when way younger you were in horrible-shape. By default, since she's not "modelesque" by any means (within 50-60 range) -- ya gotta take what she's saying as being in pretty poor shape @20.

Do you *EVER* have anything to say that *DOESN'T* hinge on Special Pleading?

You *TOTALLY* ducked my factually-correct statement about the resilience of a 20 year-old body being superior to that of a 59 year-old body. Just a few advantages of yout' (as Joe Pesci said in "My Cousin Vinnie"):
-greater flexibility of blood vessels;
-denser bone structure;
-healthier muscle fibre;
-greater joint fluidity;
-superior healing/immunity;
-more efficient cellular metabolism.

I suggest that, next time, you not flap your virtual gums and show your astounding ignorance of a topic. It doesn't bother me in the least when you do this, but it *DOES* make the people who are nominally on your side wince...
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 245
Posted: 1/18/2018 4:27:07 PM

(Wilbur) "lol" at the 50 Shades crap. While bdsm dungeons surely benefitted from the spike in memberships due to the release of the books and movies, the garbage portrayed in both was nothing but actual abuse with bdsm props. The trilogy should be thought of as a stalker-thriller more than anything else.

You seem to have quite intimate knowledge of the 50 Shades universe. I'm curious: how did you come by such detailed knowledge?
 Cynderella
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2018 4:34:26 PM
I need to pop more popcorn...

911: Trainwreak still derailing

*Thanks Pluto
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 247
Posted: 1/18/2018 4:38:07 PM

You seem to have quite intimate knowledge of the 50 Shades universe. I'm curious: how did you come by such detailed knowledge?

How the hell you gathered "detailed" from what I wrote is beyond me, but judging by your idea of what is "gentlemanly behavior", we know you have a penchant for making up your own nonsensical "rules" and definitions. It took only seeing about half of the first movie to come to the conclusion I did.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 248
Wilbur likes soft-core pr0n!
Posted: 1/18/2018 4:55:38 PM

(AT) You seem to have quite intimate knowledge of the 50 Shades universe. I'm curious: how did you come by such detailed knowledge?

(Wilbur) How the hell you gathered "detailed" from what I wrote is beyond me, but judging by your idea of what is "gentlemanly behavior", we know you have a penchant for making up your own nonsensical "rules" and definitions. It took only seeing about half of the first movie to come to the conclusion I did.

*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!*

Unprompted, you just disclosed that you either:

1) Let some girl strong-arm you into going to see it, which speaks to how pathetically whipped you are; or,
2) You ponied up the cash to go see it stag, which is *REALLY* pathetic. Maybe you believed the hype that the after-show crowd would be full of horny older, single women, looking for a ONS?

Holy-Moley, Wilbur, you are just too much...
 Shower_Orange
Msg: 249
Posted: 1/18/2018 5:19:06 PM

"lol" at the 50 Shades crap. While bdsm dungeons surely benefitted from the spike in memberships due to the release of the books and movies, the garbage portrayed in both was nothing but actual abuse with bdsm props. The trilogy should be thought of as a stalker-thriller more than anything else

Exactly.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2018 5:47:25 PM

You *TOTALLY* ducked my factually-correct statement about the resilience of a 20 year-old body being superior to that of a 59 year-old body.

I'm responding to your disagreement with her that she was (or more importantly even Could be) more *FIT* at 59 vs 20. Yes, you can. Even if you had denser bones @20. Of course not more fit or having more resilience at 59 vs 20 if the only difference was "I never went to the gym" @20 VS "I go to the gym twice a week" @59.

But people can really F themselves up at a younger age and have older people run circles around them. No, at 59 you can't be as fit & resilient as you Could have been @20. Not even implying that.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why did he ghost me? Cowards way out?