Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why did he ghost me? Cowards way out?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 276
Why did he ghost me? Cowards way out?Page 12 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

I was referring to cellular health, which directly impacts tissue health. One simply cannot get equal, or better, results, from a 59 year-old body, as one could get from a 20 year-old body.

Arlo, I don't think the others here are referencing cellular health. They are talking about fitness on a surface level---i.e. maintaining stamina, healthy body weight and muscle mass. That's why you're not going to get anywhere by arguing with them.

You could try explaining that as we age, the body's cells, (including muscle cells) will eventually stop dividing, due to the shortening telomeres on the ends of the cells' chromosomes, therefore a person is not going to have as much bone mass, or muscle mass at age 59 as they had at 20, even if they exercise more.

A person can be more physically fit for their age at 59 than they were for their age at 20, the operative words being "for their age".
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 277
Why did he ghost me? Cowards way out?
Posted: 1/22/2018 2:55:18 PM

(AT) I was referring to cellular health, which directly impacts tissue health. One simply cannot get equal, or better, results, from a 59 year-old body, as one could get from a 20 year-old body.

(halcyon_skies) Arlo, I don't think the others here are referencing cellular health.

To be honest, I don't think most people here even understand the concept of cells, let alone cellular health.

(halcyon_skies) They are talking about fitness on a surface level---i.e. maintaining stamina, healthy body weight and muscle mass. That's why you're not going to get anywhere by arguing with them.

Perhaps not; but, ya gotta admit, it's satisfying, in a very visceral way, to be able to slap idiots around because they link their inflated egos to their ignorance. They're practically *BEGGING* someone to highlight their stupidity.

Take NewYorker58's foolishness about being "as fit" as she was at 20. She pretends that I said that everyone inevitably becomes a Big Tub O' Lard as they age. Only by pretending that I said something that I clearly did not, is she able to create a position for herself.

(halcyon_skies) You could try explaining that as we age, the body's cells, (including muscle cells) will eventually stop dividing, due to the shortening telomeres on the ends of the cells' chromosomes, therefore a person is not going to have as much bone mass, or muscle mass at age 59 as they had at 20, even if they exercise more.

I done tried a dumbed-down version of that (know one's audience!), and the result was CongenitalIdiot58 doing the only thing she could, to preserve her fragile ego; that was to pretend that I had said the Tub thing. So, not being one to cast pearls before swine, I now content myself with laughing at the wild stupidity on display.

(halcyon_skies) A person can be more physically fit for their age at 59 than they were for their age at 20, the operative words being "for their age."

Word.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 278
Posted: 1/22/2018 3:44:36 PM
Arlo, uh, 'scuse me but, "long blonde", is.............soo cute on you. Keep growin' and you may mop up a few messes in here.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 279
Posted: 1/22/2018 7:45:37 PM

(Ladyinred0407) Arlo, uh, 'scuse me but, "long blonde", is.............soo cute on you.

I was worried that it wouldn't blend with my 'stache and eyebrows, but nobody notices the difference!
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 280
Posted: 1/23/2018 7:10:23 AM
Someone can say ‘I feel fitter now than I’ve ever felt’ and mean it. Just because some people wanna pick the bones with the semantics of it, doesn’t make it any less true.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2018 7:41:39 AM
I feel the same as I always have.
I was never much into the gym and exercising. I do like zumba
and I used to ski and I still walk a lot, but basically, I'm sort of
lazy....but then I've always been. I guess I balance it off by not
over eating or drinking.

I've had a gym membership a couple of
times, mostly because I joined with someone else. I stopped going
and actually paid the monthly fee rather than go there and cancel
my membership...hahahaha! I guess they wanted to guilt you into
staying because you couldn't cancel unless it was in person.

I don't know why people worry about what others think of
themselves. If someone feels fitter now or thinks they're in better
shape then they were years ago...who cares? Or even knows for that matter.

Staying alive is the goal.
However you do it, is your own bizzniz.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2018 1:59:02 PM
Been there, done that with canceling gym memberships, byt I do cancel. They want you in person to make it to just that more difficult for you to cancel and continue to have payments taken automatically. I know so many people that never canceled their membership and just continue to pay. They count on that. If everyone that signed up for the gym actually went, the people could not fit in there at one time. I have weights at home but I liked using that elliptical machine and yoga classes, and they were always busy even at the big gym I went to in Washington which was LA Fitness. The yoga classes were too early. I do them at home.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 283
Posted: 1/23/2018 2:38:24 PM

(RoxyMoronic) Someone can say ‘I feel fitter now than I’ve ever felt’ and mean it.

Someone can also say that, since they stood in their garage, they're a car, and mean it. And, it'd be just as foolish.

(RoxyMoronic) Just because some people wanna pick the bones with the semantics of it, doesn’t make it any less true.

I'm not "pick(ing) bones with the semantics of it"; I'm taking offence at the rampant stupidity of claiming to be "just as fit" at 59 years of age, as at 20 years of age. This is clearly impossible, and NewYorker58's insistence on it is the same sloppy "thinking" that requires us to put directions on bottles of shampoo, or to warn people not to eat Tide Pods.
 siisaa
Msg: 284
Posted: 1/23/2018 3:12:47 PM
NY58, which trail was your new profile picture taken at? I'm always looking for new hikes and that scenery is gorgeous!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2018 5:48:23 PM
That was a stand alone pic I had, so I have nothing as a frame of reference to figure out where it was. My newly uploaded one as my main is Mt. Townsend in the Olympics. That one is nice in the spring into summer when the wild rhodies are in bloom down below and summer flowers on top. I like Hurricane Ridge. I did as really nice hike there, but not by the visitor's center. Maybe that one was by Obstruction Point up there.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 286
Posted: 1/24/2018 12:40:54 AM
It just flings the mango that you could take offence (and so ferociously) to how someone else describes their self
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 287
Posted: 1/24/2018 3:10:57 AM

(RoxyMoronic) It just flings the mango that you could take offence (and so ferociously) to how someone else describes their self

Yes, rampant stupidity makes me chuck a wobbly. So? Wanna keep Arlo on an even keel? Don't be dumb. I don't fault people for having low intelligence -- until they parade it, and implicitly argue that their ignorance is equal to objective fact.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 288
Posted: 1/24/2018 5:41:23 AM

So? Wanna keep Arlo on an even keel?

no, I prefer ferociously offended arlo
it’s all rather amusing

browneyesboo
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2018 7:06:51 AM
I'm not sure what flinging a mango means...but I love it
and I'm going to start using it whenever possible!

Do people really have their feelings analyzed, changed, adjusted
or found wanting in here I wonder?

I remember once not having a flirt recognized and feeling slightly
sad, but then I had lunch and I forgot about it.

I thought it was like that for everyone.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2018 10:20:32 AM

I'm not sure what flinging a mango means...but I love it

I don't either... I am familiar with what fingering a mango means, though. That's usually fun, especially doing so among crowds.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 291
Posted: 1/24/2018 2:30:22 PM

(AT) So? Wanna keep Arlo on an even keel?

(RoxyMoronic) no, I prefer ferociously offended arlo
it’s all rather amusing

I get that. There are few things in this world sexier than Arlo in high dudgeon. The flushed countenance; the heaving breast; the fiery eyes... wow!
 gtomustang
Msg: 292
Posted: 1/24/2018 2:42:10 PM
yeah, I looked up flinging mangos, and apparently the internet ain't sure, either

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-362268.html

I suspect Roxy's just playin' with us :)

"Do people really have their feelings analyzed, changed, adjusted or found wanting in here I wonder? I remember once not having a flirt recognized and feeling slightly sad"

>>>depends upon how much free time we have. This is human interaction, even if we are conducting it with strangers and not doing so face-to-face. Even when its a troll, we're talking to a real human, and we might regret a poor interaction if we aren't busy with plenty going on in our off-screen life.

another example of why, balance is good.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 293
Posted: 1/27/2018 7:06:09 AM
Arlo, love your "coif"!
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 294
Posted: 1/27/2018 7:16:55 AM
LOL Be careful Blonde Angel, Arlo may give you a run for your money, in the "locks" division. I think, he thinks, he has things all mopped up!
Welcome back!
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 295
Posted: 1/27/2018 7:19:49 AM
^^ LoL, I recall Arlo from back in the day as having long, curly tresses. Either style suits him IMO.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2018 9:12:10 AM
One of the most important lessons I have learned is that there are some questions to which we never know the answer. Why did he? What did I do? These kinds of questions can eat at you indefinitely if you let them. Hard as it is to do, the best thing is to just shrug your shoulders and move on.

Oh, and remember when I said this is one of the most lessons I ever learned? I should say learned...and learned...and learned...and...
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 297
Posted: 1/28/2018 3:00:16 AM

(Platinum_Blonde_Angel) ^^ LoL, I recall Arlo from back in the day as having long, curly tresses. Either style suits him IMO.

Think of my prolonged absence as my time in a cocoon, prior to which I was a nerdy-but-lovable caterpillar, and my re-appearance as my emergence as a beautiful butterfly!
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 298
Posted: 1/28/2018 8:11:23 AM
I liken it more to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CONWvddogc
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 299
Posted: 1/28/2018 8:47:30 AM

(halcyon_skies) I liken it more to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CONWvddogc

Why, thank you for the high compliment!

Arachnids are actually very intelligent. Plus, tarantulas are way cool.

I knew you had a crush on me! :heart:
 Cynderella
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2018 3:26:12 PM
Just when I thought it was safe to come back to this thread.....flying bugs everywhere. 😢
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why did he ghost me? Cowards way out?